PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one who realized...

duncan2k5
04-09-2006, 05:07 PM
how incredibly bad Finley's defense is? i mean, it has reached the point where whoever he is guarding i expect them to score. whenever someone isos on finley i say "oh no". i like finley's offens...though he started slow he is beginning to hit those open ones, but sometimes i perfer when brent is in because he also can hit the open ones, and his defense isn't as bad as finley's. plus he is a good passer.

and we need to go back to the motion/4-down offense. this pick and roll offense we are using lately isn't utilizing timmy as much, it's too easy to defend (ppl collapsing on tony forcing him to dribble out the paint), and we get more open looks from the perimeter. remember the fancy passes we used to see in previous seasons? remember how everyone talked about our offensive execution? we need that back. and we need to give beno more playing time. he is better than nicky. nicky's infamous floater is now officially DEAD. i dont mind when he takes threes, but when he ventures inside the arc for his offense, i groan in anticipation of a miss.

sorry if i sound too pessimistic, but we need to get on that roll we are known for going into the playoffs ( even though we most likely will break our regular season win record). and i'm tired of Mav fans claiming they have our number based on their two REGULAR SEASON wins.

T Park
04-09-2006, 05:17 PM
and we need to give beno more playing time. he is better than nicky. nicky's infamous floater is now officially DEAD. i dont mind when he takes threes, but when he ventures inside the arc for his offense, i groan in anticipation of a miss

miss the Mavericks game bro?

and we need to go back to the motion/4-down offense

4 down was used in the 4th against Dallas, and Timmy traveled.

but sometimes i perfer when brent is in because he also can hit the open ones, and his defense isn't as bad as finley's

Brent can do what??

:lmao

duncan2k5
04-09-2006, 05:23 PM
what games wre YOU watching? nicky didnt make any floaters in the mavs game. i said he can hit the three, just not his famous floater. beno can hit threes, layups, and mid range shots.

i remember in the mavs game in the 4th when timmy has good position in the post and hit a hook over damp. after that they didnt give it back to him in that position. they gave him more in the high post. and that one where he travelled was terrible on his part, but just because he travelled once doesn't mean its one and done for him. just look at the detroit series last year. he was terrible, but what did we do in game 7 when we were down 9? we gave it to the MVP. as bad as he is playing, i still think when the chips are down, we should either win or lose the game with timmy.
and brent has been hitting the open shot with consistency since the trade deadline...where have u been? even had a game where i think he went 7/8 or something like that. and his defense ISNT as bad as fin's own. im not saying fin is a terrible player, just a terrible defender (and i know its partly due to his age)

ChumpDumper
04-09-2006, 05:37 PM
his defense ISNT as bad as fin's ownIt is, if not worse. This is Brent Barry we're talking about.

duncan2k5
04-09-2006, 05:44 PM
it's actually better, but not by much. if you iso against fin, its an automatic 2 points, or a foul. brent sctually gets stops sometimes.

T Park
04-09-2006, 05:57 PM
No he doesn't :lmao

exstatic
04-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Our wings on defense:

Bowen: world class
Manu: good NBA defense. Gambles and gets both steals and burned.
Finley: none
Barry: none

duncan2k5
04-09-2006, 06:13 PM
no who doesn't what? which arguement are u talking about? fin vs bones on defense? or beans vs nicky?

T Park
04-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Thinking that Bones plays defense.

BTW,

Van Exel 6 points.

just hit a tear drop.

oops.......

jmard5
04-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Spurs usually compensate on a player's sub-par defense through team defense. But injuries and (perhaps) age had slowed their reaction time this season.

LEONARD
04-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Why do you think Cuban is paying him $17M/yr for 3 yrs to GO AWAY??

He wouldn't take a bench role and he's a terrible defender and rebounder...

genghisrex
04-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Why do you think Cuban is paying him $17M/yr for 3 yrs to GO AWAY??
To save $51 million in luxury taxes. Try to keep up.

DET
04-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Paying $50 million in luxury tax for a player that is one dimensional and aging. Cuban is no way hurting for money. $50 million is nothing for Cuban. Finley just wasn't cutting it. He is no longer a reliable shooter and his defense is worstening each day. He is Steve Smith all over. Just wants to sit on 3 point line and shoot. Opposing teams will go after him. Watch. Oh and also, he is notorious for watching players shoot and not boxing out.
You don't want him on the court in the last few seconds. He will make one shot and give up several.

LEONARD
04-10-2006, 11:25 AM
To save $51 million in luxury taxes. Try to keep up.

Which doesn't change the fact that the Mavs highest paid player for the next 2 seasons is Finley...and he was 2nd this year to KVH.

He didn't fit with Avery's style and especially didn't fit as a starter, which is the only way Finley would've been happy here.

Obstructed_View
04-10-2006, 01:58 PM
The biggest problem I've seen with Finley's defense is that he sags toward the rim as though he was a shot blocker, which leaves his man wide open for a three. It reminds me of Rodman in the WCF against the Rockettes. Finley isn't going to get blocks or rebounds, so I'm not sure why he keeps doing it, or why the coaches allow him to get away with it.

DET
04-10-2006, 03:02 PM
I remember Don Nelson used to call Finley out about his rebounding. One game Finley played like 40 minutes and had like 2 rebounds. Nelson said he could get 2 rebounds at that present age. It was hilarious. When Mavs had Nowitzki, Nash, Finley, and Van Exel on the floor at the same time, we couldn't stop a high school team. If it wasn't Finley, it was Nash, then it was Nowitzki, then Van Exel. We were like a bucket of water that sprung multiple leaks. That is why we had to start over.

nkdlunch
04-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Finley's defense is poor. Barry's defense is just slightly better.

Que Gee
04-10-2006, 04:06 PM

He passes better, runs the offense better, and he plays better defense. I think its more of him understanding the Spurs defense strategy better then Fin more than anything. He rebounds better and gets more assists. If you want to give Fin the nod because he shoots more, takes more shots, or you think he has more "balls" then Barry, so be it. But to make as stupid a comments as you do based on the fact that you just don't like Barry and just prefer Fin over him for your own reason...shows how little you really know.

But then again most of your posts prove that. Keep playing NBA 2K6, sounds like you understand that game alot more then real life.

Vashner
04-10-2006, 04:06 PM
I didn't want Finley in the first place. That being said I support there decision to grab him. He's don't good so far.