PDA

View Full Version : Speculate...

Darrin
04-09-2006, 07:26 PM
What trades will go down this offseason?

My new pet is a KG-for-Nowitzki deal. It helps their defense and leadership, hunger, and I'd love to see what AJ could do with him. If not Dallas, I see Seattle or Portland landing KG.

I see Mike James in an Atlanta uniform. He was a part of the coaching staff down there when he won a championship with the Pistons. He could end up in Minnesota or Dallas.

I think Stephon Marbury is going to end up in Indiana for Jamaal Tinsley and Jeff Foster. This gives the Knicks a true point guard with a relationship with Isiah Thomas and New York City, while LB gets an underrated rebounder. And the Pacers, desperate for a talent upgrade in the backcourt, get that playmaker they have been missing since Mark Jackson left.

I think the Knicks are going to have to make a move for Kenyon Martin. He's the BAT at their weakest position (they won't get KG). So if the Knicks don't get him, I think Thomas loses his job.

If Reggie Evans and Ruben Patterson aren't Nuggets at the beginning of next season, I will be suprised.

Extra Stout
04-09-2006, 09:59 PM

My new pet is a KG-for-Nowitzki deal. It helps their defense and leadership, hunger, and I'd love to see what AJ could do with him. If not Dallas, I see Seattle or Portland landing KG.
I don't think KG will be traded, unless Minny is planning to tank in order to maximize their chances at Greg Oden.

I see Mike James in an Atlanta uniform. He was a part of the coaching staff down there when he won a championship with the Pistons. He could end up in Minnesota or Dallas.
I heard that Mike James' tendency to "coach" irritates the fire out of coaches and some teammates, and got him run out of Houston.

I think Stephon Marbury is going to end up in Indiana for Jamaal Tinsley and Jeff Foster. This gives the Knicks a true point guard with a relationship with Isiah Thomas and New York City, while LB gets an underrated rebounder. And the Pacers, desperate for a talent upgrade in the backcourt, get that playmaker they have been missing since Mark Jackson left.
This only happens if the Pacers are trying to tank for Greg Oden. Marbury is a franchise-destroyer.

I think the Knicks are going to have to make a move for Kenyon Martin. He's the BAT at their weakest position (they won't get KG). So if the Knicks don't get him, I think Thomas loses his job.
Why is Denver going to trade him? I don't understand.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-09-2006, 10:05 PM
Why is Denver going to trade him? I don't understand.

they would only trade him IF he cant get healthy

he is a monster for the Nuggets when he is healthy but he misses so many games coz of his knees

im hoping that he will just rest up over the offseason and try and get back on track.

They may trade him if its a good return but i wouldnt think many teams would trade much for him since he cant stay healthy at the moment

Darrin
04-12-2006, 05:27 PM
they would only trade him IF he cant get healthy

he is a monster for the Nuggets when he is healthy but he misses so many games coz of his knees

im hoping that he will just rest up over the offseason and try and get back on track.

They may trade him if its a good return but i wouldnt think many teams would trade much for him since he cant stay healthy at the moment

I don't know; I have faith in the Vandeweghe Jedi Mindtrick. Anyone who can trade Antonio McDyess and Tariq Abdul-Wahad is able to get someone without a career-threatening injury off the roster.

ducks
04-12-2006, 06:26 PM
are not the nuggets like 20-3 without martin?

their rookie
starts with a e is unbelievable

1Parker1
04-12-2006, 06:49 PM

No way the Mavs trade away Dirk, even for KG. I could understand if maybe the Mavs had a bad season this year or if Dirk wasn't a serious MVP candidate. But after the season they've had, after the season Dirk's had, he's pretty untouchable.

ducks
04-12-2006, 06:51 PM
dirk did not even get traded for shaq
ofcouse kg is younger and slender then a big fat shaq

ShoogarBear
04-12-2006, 06:58 PM
I still like the KG for Jermaine+ proposed in another thread. That's a trade that might make sense for both teams.

1Parker1
04-12-2006, 09:28 PM
I still like the KG for Jermaine+ proposed in another thread. That's a trade that might make sense for both teams.

Wolves would be crazy to accept that trade. Jermaine is like the opposite of KG, he's so injury-prone. Of course, KG+Peja on the East would make things interesting...

atxrocker
04-12-2006, 10:25 PM
I dont see minny trading KG for Dirk. they would probably rather trade him to an eastern team if possible. i think KG and Peja would be very cool!

Leetonidas
04-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Duncan for Garnett. :lol

Seriously, I think the Spurs will manage to land JR Smith this summer. For who, I'm not sure. I also think that Marbury and Francis will be gone next season and that Kevin Garnett will not be with the Wolves.

Only time will tell. I don't think AI will be in Philly next season either.

ShoogarBear
04-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Wolves would be crazy to accept that trade. Jermaine is like the opposite of KG, he's so injury-prone. Of course, KG+Peja on the East would make things interesting...
Well, I said Jermaine+. That could be a draft pick or two, or somebody like Granger (though I doubt Indy would trade him).

No way is Minny ever going to get equal face value for KG, so they're going to have to make up the difference in "future potential".

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-12-2006, 11:00 PM
are not the nuggets like 20-3 without martin?

their rookie
starts with a e is unbelievable

e? the nugs have Linas Kleiza and Julius Hodge

as for the record.........its great without K or also without Camby when K is playing

but with them both playing together, its not so good............very bizarre

1Parker1
04-13-2006, 03:43 PM
I said this in the other thread...but I'm liking it more and more:

Webber + Kyle Korver for Kevin Garnett to the Sixers :smokin

Pistonfan1
04-13-2006, 04:13 PM
KG is a MORON if he doesnt demand a trade to the Lakers. Hes not going to Portland or Seattle or Indy all those teams are non contenders. KG wants to go to a team with an established SUPERSTAR NOT ALLSTAR on it where he can be the 2nd option and not be the one to take the pressure shots in the 4th. Secondly he will want to go to a team that can be a serious contender and KG+Kobe+Phil=SERIOUS CONTENDERS. And finally LA is a big market city rich and full of basketball tradition. It will still be Kobe's team and he will be the man in the 4th still but KG will do quite well as a 2nd option in the triangle. Bulls,Indy,Portland,Seattle,NJ,New York dont give him any of those requirments but the Lakers do. He will demand a trade to the Lakers and Kevin M will be forced to do it. KG is not going to piss the rest of his career with subar players and at best ALLSTAR talent.

ShoogarBear
04-13-2006, 04:17 PM
I said this in the other thread...but I'm liking it more and more:

Webber + Kyle Korver for Kevin Garnett to the Sixers :smokin

http://orlyowl.com/puhlease.jpghttp://orlyowl.com/rutrippin.jpg

Kori Ellis
04-13-2006, 04:24 PM
I know the Sonics will put together a package to try to get Garnett. I'm guessing it would include Rashard, Ridnour, Fortson and his expiring contract, maybe one of their young centers. I'm not sure that would be enough to get KG though.

1Parker1
04-13-2006, 04:39 PM
^Damn, KG + Ray Allen (and Noel :)) would be sick.

ALVAREZ6
04-13-2006, 04:46 PM
I know the Sonics will put together a package to try to get Garnett. I'm guessing it would include Rashard, Ridnour, Fortson and his expiring contract, maybe one of their young centers. I'm not sure that would be enough to get KG though.
I think it would, Luke + Rashard is pretty good talent.

2 starters, 1 all-star.

Especially since the T-wolves know that KG wants out, they aren't going to search and search until they find a trade that they benefit from necessarily.

They owe it to KG.

Kori Ellis
04-13-2006, 04:52 PM
I think they'll look to move Rashard because he doesn't play D (they are trying to move toward playing some defense), he is a little soft, and can't do nothing outside scoring. Plus they weren't happy at all with his DUI this season. I think that they'll move Ridnour because since they've acquired Watson, Ridnour rarely even plays in 4th quarters/crunch time. Ridnour barely shoots 40%, can't shoot 3's, can't defend, and is small.

JamStone
04-13-2006, 05:04 PM
1. Jamaal Tinsley and David Harrison for Al Harrington (sign-and-trade). Hawks get a true point guard and some needed size in the frontcourt. Pacers get Jermaine's buddy back to start at small forward.

2. Trenton Hassell for Stephen Jackson. Pacers get rid of the hot head and opens up a play for a shooting guard like Bonzi Wells to replace him. Timberwolves get a very good third option on the perimeter to complement Garnett and Ricky Davis.

3. Stephon Marbury for Earl Watson, Danny Fortson, and Damien Wilkins. Knicks get rid of the coach malcontent and acquire the defensive-minded, pass-first point guard and some cap relief. Seattle get a star point guard to pair with Allen and Lewis without trading one of their two stars.

4. Corey Maggette for Gerald Wallace and Jake Voskuhl. Clippers get a starting small forward that plays hard at both ends of the court. Bobcats get a Duke alum and a star scorer who the offensice can revolve around.

5. Drew Gooden, Luke Jackson for Al Jefferson, Orien Greene, and Tony Allen. (I don't think the salaries match, but I'm not sure). Boston gets a more legit starting power forward and a nice swingman off the bench. Cavs get a young, active power forward they might like better than Gooden and two defensive-minded perimeter players to complement LeBron and Hughes.

JamStone
04-13-2006, 05:20 PM
POSSIBLE KEVIN GARNETT TRADES

1. New York Knicks: Steve Francis, Quentin Richardson, Channing Frye for Kevin Garnett and Trenton Hassell.

2. LA Lakers: Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, Chris Mihm, Aaron McKie for Kevin Garnett and Mark Madsen.

3. Washington: Antawn Jamison, Etan Thomas, Andray Blatche, Jarvis Hayes for Kevin Garnett and Marko Jaric.

4. Chicago: Ben Gordon, Tyson Chandler, Mike Sweetney, first round draft pick for Kevin Garnett and Marko Jaric.

Leetonidas
04-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Garnett will most likely end up in LA.

Darrin
04-13-2006, 11:03 PM
dirk did not even get traded for shaq
ofcouse kg is younger and slender then a big fat shaq

It's all about timing. The Mavs were a year removed from the best season in franchise history. It appeared the Mavs just made too many moves; screwed with a good thing. If they flame out in the second round again, the team may be looking to trade Dirk more than they were in the 2004 offseason.

If in 2003, I told you that Steve Nash would be in Phoenix (and an MVP) while Michael Finley would be in San Antonio (coming off the bench), you would've laughed me off my rocker.

They've changed their coach, supporting cast, and made Dirk the leader of their team. There is noone else to hold accountable, and that means they may be willing to get someone who is more of what they need.