PDA

View Full Version : ....MikeyP was robbed!.....

Smackie Chan
04-10-2006, 08:58 AM
As you already know Mikeyp tried out for the Ticket 76 sportscaster contest had he known they were looking for comedians? I am sure he would have not done the show he did. He figured they wanted Sports so he did the best Sportscaster audition not seen or heard since the great Howard Cossell.

But leave it to the Ticket radio to find a way to fuck up a good thing,
they went and picked on thier own, w/o any votes from the public, the 3 finalist they felt were funny.
Now they want you to go their website and vote on one of the 3 .

I heard two of them this morning and all they did was joke around, I am sure MikeyP and others would have loved to know that is what they wanted and could have maybe worked on thier comedy and not thier sports. thank you Peter Burns and Ticket 76, you make San Antonio proud

angel_luv
04-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Is there a place on the ballot to write in Mikey? :)

Happy Devil
04-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Is there a place on the ballot to write in Mikey? :)

What for? they already know who they want. the whole contest was bogus. just like when Tony Bruno had his Tony Bruno for a day contest, they pimped that show for over two months as listeners sent in thier tapes. And right when they were getting ready to pick a winner? Andrew AshWood tells them to pick Stacie Burns. Many listeners were upset, Even Tony Bruno said on live air that it was rigged.

pache100
04-10-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Smackie! I was looking forward to listening to Mikey's broadcasts. This is criminal!

Old School Chic
04-10-2006, 09:16 AM
I'm sorry Mikey :depressed

pache100
04-10-2006, 09:23 AM
It just goes to show you some assfucks just have no clue how to market to real sports fans. What a scam sorry MikeyP. We should e-mail this tread to the higher ups.

http://i1.tinypic.com/v4m5j6.gif

travis2
04-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Ummmm...those three are competing to be semi-finalists. They are going to post more every day this week. In fact, they are still accepting tapes until noon today.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Horseshit! On the rare instances I do listen to sports radio it's because I want to listen to people talking about sports. If I want to listen to a bunch of jackholes make jokes rather than analysis I'll watch Fox's football pre-game, ESPN Coast to Coast, Best Damn Sports Show, and a dozen other turds of sportscasting.

I may be in Houston, but I'll see what I can do about getting some torches and pitchforks together.

Spam
04-10-2006, 12:25 PM
That sucks ass.

Clandestino
04-10-2006, 12:33 PM
we are all robbed everytime charlie parker talks about sports...

travis2
04-10-2006, 12:34 PM
ummmm...people...I'm going to say it again...

MikeyP has not been eliminated yet...

Clandestino
04-10-2006, 12:36 PM
i would still rather here GIG talk about 17 year old socal chicks vs charlie parker

samikeyp
04-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks everyone for the support. The winner today becomes a semi-finalist. Apparently there are more entries to be played tomorrow or Wednesday because on Wednesday, Vex and Walter are going to announce more semifinalists on their show. I don't know if I have even been selected to be voted on. If I find out...I will let you all know. The only think I could think to do is go to the Ticket's site tomorrow and wednesday mornings and see if I am there. I like what I did in my entry. Even if I don't get selected...the love that has been shown here to me is overwhelming. Thank you all very much.

angel_luv
04-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Be sure to tell me when to vote for you. :)

samikeyp
04-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Thanks Angel! :) They did not set this thing up well, IMO. They told everyone that they would start the voting after noon today...then changed it at the last minute to this morning.

kris
04-10-2006, 05:28 PM
I don't know anything about what's happening now, but where the local radio sports stations mess up is they think listeners really want to hear the broadcasters.

If I'm going to regularly listen to someone talking about sports, they have to know what the hell they are talking about, not just some 40 year old bald guy that still lives at his parents house and watches a lot of tv. That said the only person in the last 15 years I've listened to on a regular basis is Bryan Cox and surprisingly he was more engaging than anybody else I heard because he was blunt, listened, interacted, and tried to be interested in what the caller had to say for the most part.

The jobbers at some of the local stations just like the sound of their own voice.

Sunshine
04-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Mikey.....you get my vote just for being you.

:cheer

SequSpur
04-10-2006, 06:12 PM
SA Sportstalk is always going to suck as long as the Spurs keep winning, they are the only team, etc. etc.

There isn't much to talk about.

There is no drama on this team, the coach is a media nerd. Their star player has nothing to say. etc. etc.

Nothing to talk about. So comedy is a plus.

mouse
04-10-2006, 07:20 PM
comedy is a plus.

I agree , but the point of the topic was just that MikeyP was all Business. Thus he was not funny . hench he is not in the semi finals. MikeyP can turn on the humor and I should know, I know funny.

Charlie Parker said today it was OVER!!! he said although some may get thier tapes in before the NOON Deadline Today? He said they have the "3" they need!

In fact he said he doesn't even want to hear the last of the 3 as it is.
If there was going to be more to choose from why not post them all at once? Why would you have people waste their votes on only the first 3 if you still have others to vote for? It isn't fare to others as many who voted already may never visit the site again.

The bottom-Line , the ticket is looking for someone cheap and in a hurry to fill in a gap they have, now that one of their ticket shows moved to OAI.

This kinda reminds me of the Spurs acting like they are looking for local talent for the Spurs half time show, when really they are just to cheap to get real half time talent from Vegas.. I must admit many are trying out. So they did a good job making it look like this was for San Antonio and not to save $ money $ :lmao

Vashner
04-10-2006, 08:25 PM
LOL told you Charile Parker was a lurker. He punished us for talking shit.

Mog
04-10-2006, 10:18 PM
I hope the folks at the Station don't read this but, there was some talk about Mike maybe having an advantage by all the support he might get from spurstalk and that may not be fare for others. So they took him off the list.

samikeyp
04-10-2006, 10:32 PM
I don't think I was neccessarily funny but I like to think I was entertaining. :)

samikeyp
04-10-2006, 10:34 PM
I hope the folks at the Station don't read this but, there was some talk about Mike maybe having an advantage by all the support he might get from spurstalk and that may not be fare for others. So they took him off the list.

Nahh...they don't know me...just another guy trying to win a contest. :)

SequSpur
04-10-2006, 11:30 PM
well, i think the requirement first is to know a bunch of bullshit 70s rock music followed by a bunch of old ass movie actors and news that you can't use.

Then knowing a little bit about sports is a good thing as well.

And a impersonation of Avery Johnson helps to I guess. :rolleyes

Clandestino
04-10-2006, 11:36 PM
This kinda reminds me of the Spurs acting like they are looking for local talent for the Spurs half time show, when really they are just to cheap to get real half time talent from Vegas.. I must admit many are trying out. So they did a good job making it look like this was for San Antonio and not to save $ money $ :lmao

speaking of half time shows...who else is fucking tired of that damn chinese chick riding the 40' high unicycle throwing bowls on her fucking head???

NO MORE LUCY LUI at the half!!! :madrun

SequSpur
04-10-2006, 11:38 PM
:lol

I quit watching halftime shows when I met you know.

pache100
04-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Be sure to tell me when to vote for you. :)

me, too...I wanna vote for Mikey.

travis2
04-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Semi-finalists will be announced Wednesday during STSA...

The one who was pulled from consideration was Humbie Cervera. He's an intern on the News 4 side of the house and, as such, might get his own chances on TV/radio.

Instead of listening to Mouse's drug-induced rants, why not try reading the website?

Drive Like Jehu
04-11-2006, 09:23 AM
speaking of half time shows...who else is fucking tired of that damn chinese chick riding the 40' high unicycle throwing bowls on her fucking head???

NO MORE LUCY LUI at the half!!! :madrun

I love the red panda half time show.

Old School Chic
04-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Good morning Mikey,

I just want you to know that I wish you the very best! Hope all your dreams come true...

If for some reason this doesn't work out for you, don't worry...I'm sure something much nicer is in store for you.

King
04-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Mikey's still in it.

Hooters Girl
04-11-2006, 08:12 PM

The one who was pulled from consideration was Humbie Cervera. He's an intern on the News 4 side of the house and, as such, might get his own chances on TV/radio.

Instead of listening to Mouse's drug-induced rants, why not try reading the website?

It would be nice if you was mature enough to post without all the insults

Suns Fan
04-11-2006, 08:16 PM
why not try reading the website?

That's the same site that said Malone was going top be a Spur :lmao

Angry Midget
04-11-2006, 08:24 PM

Hey asshat! mouse is trying to get folks motivated into voting for MikeyP, Go find another topic for your dick puppet ass to post at and and stop trying to ruin the mo-jo you manseed drinking bitch!

Brianna
04-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Good luck Mike! :)

samikeyp
04-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Thank you all very much. Just stay tuned to the Ticket...hopefully they will play my entry and people can vote.

Again thanks. It means alot. :)

Juice
04-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Where do I sign up for this gig?

:stirpot:

Party Girl
04-12-2006, 01:17 AM
Hey Mikey are you single?

travis2
04-12-2006, 06:34 AM
Good luck, Mikey...

Ginofan
04-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Good luck Mikey! :)

samikeyp
04-12-2006, 06:57 AM
Sorry Party Girl...I am happily married. :)

mugatu
04-12-2006, 08:22 AM
Travis might have a point in his insult post about them still looking for more entries. But why would they put only 3 of the finalist on their webpage? It makes people think they are the only 3 finalist. Good Luck Mr. P

travis2
04-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Mouse, if you had bothered to read my first post instead of continuing to rant and rave...after I had posted TWICE that you (and others) were mistaken...you wouldn't have required I get your attention.

Grow up.

Daddys Girl
04-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Mouse Grow up so you can be like travis! :lmao

Tonto
04-12-2006, 10:46 AM
tonto wish pale face mikey luck
totno pray travis get some pale face pussy
come back happy

Troll
04-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Good Luck Mikey!

Tavis you must be life of the party at the gtgs

GiG's Doctor
04-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Viewing thread:The bug in Travis2's Ass------ posts in 5 4 3 2....

PeterBurns
04-12-2006, 04:05 PM
As you already know Mikeyp tried out for the Ticket 76 sportscaster contest had he known they were looking for comedians? I am sure he would have not done the show he did. He figured they wanted Sports so he did the best Sportscaster audition not seen or heard since the great Howard Cossell.

But leave it to the Ticket radio to find a way to fuck up a good thing,
they went and picked on thier own, w/o any votes from the public, the 3 finalist they felt were funny.
Now they want you to go their website and vote on one of the 3 .

I heard two of them this morning and all they did was joke around, I am sure MikeyP and others would have loved to know that is what they wanted and could have maybe worked on thier comedy and not thier sports. thank you Peter Burns and Ticket 76, you make San Antonio proud

For the LOVE. Mouse.
Relax....

I'm not even sure what's going on.
Shit. When it's Mikey's turn for the voting.
Shut down the F-in Site. Vote Early and Often.

He'll get my vote.

PeterBurns
04-12-2006, 04:06 PM
What for? they already know who they want. the whole contest was bogus. just like when Tony Bruno had his Tony Bruno for a day contest, they pimped that show for over two months as listeners sent in thier tapes. And right when they were getting ready to pick a winner? Andrew AshWood tells them to pick Stacie Burns. Many listeners were upset, Even Tony Bruno said on live air that it was rigged.

Fuck That.
We clearly had the best tape.

samikeyp
04-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the support Pete.

Looks like I didn't make the cut. Hey, things happen. Gotta try harder next time.

Thank you to everyone who had my back on this.

2Blonde
04-12-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm sorry. :depressed I was really hoping for you. :spin

Shelly.
04-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Looks like I didn't make the cut..

What cut? we never got to vote

samikeyp
04-12-2006, 06:14 PM
All the entries were graded by the people at the Ticket and they narrowed them down to the ones they thought were the best.

pooh
04-12-2006, 06:28 PM
I thought about giving it a shot and I actually heard some of the semi-finalist this past Sunday night, but wasn't impressed. Sorry to hear you didn't get picked Mikey.

angel_luv
04-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Nice try Mikey. I would have hired you. :)

Smackie Chan
04-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Fuck That.
We clearly had the best tape.

Wow what an Ego! even when an NBA player wins the MVP he says he felt many other players was just as good as him, bla bla bla.. how can you be so Bias? Don't the listeners have a say? Did you hear any of the other tapes? How can you say yours was the best? You could have said it was one of the best, Thank you for proving my point about the ticket radio.

And it sounds like your calling me a liar about what Tony Bruno said on live radio about how the show was rigged and Andrew Aswood telling him to pick Stacie, Go hit the ATM and withdraw 1,500.00 Dollars and I will sell you the tape. I just happened to be recording the show so I could hear if they was going to pick Stan (my ex boss) as a winner.
I will wait for you to collect the money Kori has my Phone # so we can meet somewhere and make the exchange.

As for what I posted and what took place?

Did they already pick on their own the finalist without our votes? (CHECK)
Did MikeyP get the Shaft? (CHECK)
Did Peter Burns come in here to pass the buck and act like he is clueless? (CHECK)

You seem to know everything about the ticket until we complain, just like when I can't call into the show when you are on with Nate Lundy.
what was your reply? something like "wow mouse I had no idea you was on hold for 40 minutes they never tells us who is on hold."
Come on Pete you forget who your talking to sometimes. I have been calling into the ticket radio when you was still to young to even get into Hooters.

Save that "I have no idea what is going on at that station" for someone else.
You guys forget we know how you radio/TV folks seem to not know anything when it comes to the truth. When Jay Howard got fired WOAI and the Ticket 760 acted like they never knew who Jay Howard was and would run you off the show if you mentioned his name. Don't make me school you on the many double standards radio and TV has brah.
And where is King? The man does not hesitate to tell me to STFU and how I don't know shit about radio and how he is King and he knows everything that goes on and yet he has nothing to add to the subject?
The man toots his horn on how Angel Luv needs to PM him since he has done many Tv / Movie roles and he knows some folks she needs to get a hold of to help her get parts in movies, and yet he can't even use his Hollywood influence on the Ticket radio and maybe pull some strings for MikeyP?

How the hell you going to help one person get on HBO and yet you can't even help a another get on a local radio show?

The bottom-Line is Mikey and others who were lied to got the shaft, we never got to vote and that is the sad truth, So go ahead and put your Peter Burns Spin on the subject just don't forget my 1,500.00 dollars as I go dig up the Tony Bruno tape. And don't ever tell me to relax it's called passion something your program Director always seems to want more of.

mouse
04-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Mouse, if you had bothered to read my first post instead of continuing to rant and rave...after I had posted TWICE that you (and others) were mistaken...you wouldn't have required I get your attention.

Grow up.

Looks like what I had to say turned out to be true after all Mr Travis park.
to bad your so bitter and immature to say I was right and apologize like a real man, and not like the bokeback mountain man you try to act like.
who needs to grow up now?

PeterBurns
04-12-2006, 10:32 PM
And it sounds like your calling me a liar about what Tony Bruno said on live radio about how the show was rigged and Andrew Aswood telling him to pick Stacie, Go hit the ATM and withdraw 1,500.00 Dollars and I will sell you the tape. I just happened to be recording the show so I could hear if they was going to pick Stan (my ex boss) as a winner.
I will wait for you to collect the money Kori has my Phone # so we can meet somewhere and make the exchange.

As for what I posted and what took place?

Did they already pick on their own the finalist without our votes? (CHECK)
Did MikeyP get the Shaft? (CHECK)
Did Peter Burns come in here to pass the buck and act like he is clueless? (CHECK)

You seem to know everything about the ticket until we complain, just like when I can't call into the show when you are on with Nate Lundy.
what was your reply? something like "wow mouse I had no idea you was on hold for 40 minutes they never tells us who is on hold."
Come on Pete you forget who your talking to sometimes. I have been calling into the ticket radio when you was still to young to even get into Hooters.

Save that "I have no idea what is going on at that station" for someone else.
You guys forget we know how you radio/TV folks seem to not know anything when it comes to the truth. When Jay Howard got fired WOAI and the Ticket 760 acted like they never knew who Jay Howard was and would run you off the show if you mentioned his name. Don't make me school you on the many double standards radio and TV has brah.
And where is King? The man does not hesitate to tell me to STFU and how I don't know shit about radio and how he is King and he knows everything that goes on and yet he has nothing to add to the subject?
The man toots his horn on how Angel Luv needs to PM him since he has done many Tv / Movie roles and he knows some folks she needs to get a hold of to help her get parts in movies, and yet he can't even use his Hollywood influence on the Ticket radio and maybe pull some strings for MikeyP?

How the hell you going to help one person get on HBO and yet you can't even help a another get on a local radio show?

The bottom-Line is Mikey and others who were lied to got the shaft, we never got to vote and that is the sad truth, So go ahead and put your Peter Burns Spin on the subject just don't forget my 1,500.00 dollars as I go dig up the Tony Bruno tape. And don't ever tell me to relax it's called passion something your program Director always seems to want more of.

Yes. I single handedly screwed Mikey over. I have never really liked him to begin with....Right Mikey.

And yes, you've called the show, and I didn't know you where on hold.
I never have any problem with you on air, I think your funny, and normally bring solid points, and normally give me some props, so It's not me that doesn't want to put you on air. I'm not sure what the history is behind you and people at CCR not liking you.

What does that stem from? Fill me in?

And regarding the Bruno thing...Let me ask one question.
Do you think I give a F&^%?

Just kidding.

Hell, I wish we could have worked the contract out with Bruno and still had him on air. I think we all do.

King
04-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Mouse, you truly are an idiot. There will be voting, but after it's narrowed down by judges.

Much like American Idol, the exact freaking show this contest is modeled after.

samikeyp
04-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Dammit Pete! I knew it was you! :lmao

These things happen. The dream is too big to give up on so soon. Thank you to all who supported me. :tu

Smackie Chan
04-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Mouse, you truly are an idiot. There will be voting, but after it's narrowed down by judges.

Much like American Idol, the exact freaking show this contest is modeled after.

Unless you can learn to make your point w/o calling someone a name your will
always be a call screener

Winston Wolf
04-13-2006, 12:22 AM
Yes. I single handedly screwed Mikey over. I have never really liked him to begin with....Right Mikey.

:lmao

Dude your stand up material I don't know why you don't hit the mic

And yes, you've called the show, and I didn't know you where on hold.
I never have any problem with you on air, I think your funny, and normally bring solid points, and normally give me some props, so It's not me that doesn't want to put you on air.

That was a solid responce. It would have never came from an Employee of CC, now I know your not under contract,

I'm not sure what the history is behind you and people at CCR not liking you.

It's for many reasons, one is I don't surgar coat shit, or kiss anyone's ass. one day after the Mavericks win the Championship I will tell you over a beer, one reason is, I am friends with Chris Duel who got fired from WOAI and went to KTSA , a show I call into, so you do the math.

What does that stem from? Fill me in?

Ask Tim Merriman one day he is playing the song from mighty mouse as I get ready to fill the clear channel air waves with my mighty Mouse mo-jo and the next day Johnny Bottom-Line dies and so did my act :lol

And regarding the Bruno thing...Let me ask one question.
Do you think I give a F&^%?

To be honest Andrew Ashwood should have never said anything just let the contest play out. But he decided to get on the radio and say I want Stacie and what I want goes. After all soon after that there was the Stacie at hooters show and etc...I can see why he did it. In fact I have no problem with Stacie The facts are, they need to let her talk more, or let her have her own show, Why the fuck they put her on with two others trying to talk at the same time? The folks at KZEP 104 had a husband and wife team you can do it also. I am just pissed that they wasted everyone's time who made those demo tapes. My boss practice his Frank Sinatra song for days, he was all excited to be in the top 10 along with 9 others. I kinda got pissed that MikeyP never got a chance to even get voted on.

But MikeyP seems to be one of those turn ther other cheek fellas so if he's not going to raise any hell , then why should I care anymore?

Anyway according to KING aka "Simon Crowell", that's the way the show is going to be, so we all need to STFU.

Hell, I wish we could have worked the contract out with Bruno and still had him on air. I think we all do.

That can still happen, A Tony and Stacie or Tony & Burns show would be 10 Times better than what they have on now. You have to think 5 years down the road, get in good with him and Ashwood now.

I will admit when you told Charlie Parker on live radio that your not going to kiss his ass cuz your not David Chanclore , and that you don't work for CC it made radio History. The sad part is I didn't record the sound bite.

And to be honest? the show seemed to be worth tuning into. And I haven't said that since Andy Everett did Game night react with Jeff vexler back in 1997.

I think you and Charlie going at it would help the raitings, David has no nut sac, and he sounds like a Ma ma's boy on the air. But what do I know? I am just listener who has no say.............. :smokin

travis2
04-13-2006, 06:24 AM
That sucks, Mikey...:depressed

samikeyp
04-13-2006, 04:57 PM
I appreciate the support Mouse. I didn't like or agree with the outcome but I want to be a good sport about it.

Melmart1
04-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Minor setback, Mikey. You are still the shit.

samikeyp
04-13-2006, 08:25 PM
:)

I am Tom
04-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Mikey. You are still the shit.

And he feels like shit right now! :lmao

Sorry MikeyP just having fun, :wow fuck the Ticket go staright to ESPN
:smokin

samikeyp
04-13-2006, 08:53 PM
:lmao :lmao