PDA

View Full Version : Democrat vs Republican

DarkReign
04-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Judging by post counts here, I would assume alot of people where posting here during the Clinton administration.

My question is, how different was it?

I mean, GWB is a total newb. He is so easy to bash, dissect and hate that some of these threads arent even worth reading because the dumbshit doesnt even try and defend himself with what would be considered a cogent argument.

I ask only to understand what a political board much like this one was like when a Democrat was in office. Since the advent of the internet, it was Clinton and Bush. I would venture a guess and say Clinton didnt get half as much hell as Bush directly related to internet.

So, again for clarity, what was it like on this board when Clinton was President?

Were roles reversed? (NBADan defending every miniscule thread started by Xray, Vash, etc)

Or is this site not old enough?

If some of you have perspective on another board that you frequent and can TRY and speak unbiasly, I would seriously love to hear it.

I am NOT trying to start an argument. I was reading another board and for whatever reason, this thought popped in my head..."Did Clinton get endlessly lit up like Bush is?"

No offense to the conservatives, but the guy makes himself an easy target. He has a majority in the Senate, the House and he is the Executive Branch. He gets to appoint 2 Justices, so he'll soon be owning that too.

Yet, nothing has changed. Nothing is better. Median income is at all time lows (in relation to inflation and cost of living).

Clinton was just a scumbag. He was the first "Poll-President" and I am sure not the last. The Bosnia debacle. The Blue Dress.

One thing though, Clinton was a rabbit's foot. Amazingly so. He had nothing to do with the economic turn-around, yet he rode that wave for all it was worth. Paid down the national debt to all-time lows, unemployment was the lowest it had been in 30 years. Everyone was making money from factory worker to corporate exec. It was kind of cool, yet he really had no affect one way or the other. He just got lucky. Extremely lucky.

Now, corporate profit margins are the only thing holding our economy together. People are losing their jobs all around the country. Middle-class families are not enjoying the life they used to. Where does it end? Or does it?

Anyway, the question remains...Did Clinton get bashed as much (or more) than Bush is now? If so, for what?

Oh, Gee!!
04-10-2006, 01:27 PM
http://www.windycitylefty.com/uploaded_images/Bush_Segway_Crash-766234.jpg

PWNT!!!111!!!

Clandestino
04-10-2006, 01:29 PM
nbadan hates everything american... it doesn't matter if it is demo, repub, ind, whatever... as long as it is american he hates it...

SA210
04-10-2006, 01:37 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/livindeadboi/bush_nosepick.jpg

DarkReign
04-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Although the pics are great, I really want to know if the "mood" around here was different. Or was it the same?

O, btw, I dont think Dan would bash Clinton. That would be very un-Democratic.

Nbadan
04-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Were roles reversed? (NBADan defending every miniscule thread started by Xray, Vash, etc)

Or is this site not old enough?

This forum has only been around for going on 3 years. We average 100-150 posts per day, this is why the post count for the forum is so high.

Ocotillo
This board did not exist when Clinton was president.

I personally did not begin participating or even reading boards, blogs or anything on the internet until around 2001 or 2002.

Talk radio which is the medium of the right was all over Clinton during his tenure. I don't see much of a difference in the way the die hards from the respective wings bash the other side's guy from when Clinton was in office.

It does seem to me, the establishment media (the networks, CNN, NY TImes, Wash Post et al) give Bush more of a pass then Clinton ever got. Disagree? Did you read the editorial in Sunday's Washington Post for some serious Bush brownnosin'.

Oh, Gee!!
Although the pics are great, I really want to know if the "mood" around here was different. Or was it the same?

O, btw, I dont think Dan would bash Clinton. That would be very un-Democratic.

http://www.thespoof.com/picstore/GeorgeBush/Bush%20confused%202.1_a.jpg

Nbadan
04-10-2006, 01:42 PM
O, btw, I dont think Dan would bash Clinton.

Yeah, I would have, especially Clinton's attack on civil liberties after the Oklahoma city bombing, the Waco fiasco, and the Elian Gonzales circus.

xrayzebra
04-10-2006, 02:59 PM
This forum has only been around for going on 3 years. We average 100-150 posts per day, this is why the post count for the forum is so high.

Another problem you have Dan, Kori can tell you there were lots of
going on in the old post, but we were kinda abandoned and LJ and Kori
picked up the slack and it became a different forum, that still exist, and
then this one came about. Not many post on the old board, but there
are still some of us. JimCS, Cosmic Cowboy, Coastal Kid (my favorite
adversary, a real Clinton fan) SpursWoman, Betsy and many more were all
on the original board. One of the original crowd, who no longer post as
far as I know was Carlos Guerra from the EN. He and I used to have some
nice discussions, especially about the PGA deal. Anyhow. Clinton took
his lumps from me. I considered him then as now a real lowlife who never
made over 35 grand a month who ended up a multi-millionaire. Who had
a wife who invested 10 grand in the stock market futures and ended up
with 50 grand. But had no ability to recall. :lol

Vashner
04-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Yea I remember the old forum. It had older / diff version of BBS.

Nbadan
04-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Another problem you have Dan, Kori can tell you there were lots of
going on in the old post, but we were kinda abandoned and LJ and Kori
picked up the slack and it became a different forum, that still exist, and
then this one came about. Not many post on the old board, but there
are still some of us. JimCS, Cosmic Cowboy, Coastal Kid (my favorite
adversary, a real Clinton fan) SpursWoman, Betsy and many more were all
on the original board. One of the original crowd, who no longer post as
far as I know was Carlos Guerra from the EN. He and I used to have some
nice discussions, especially about the PGA deal. Anyhow. Clinton took
his lumps from me. I considered him then as now a real lowlife who never
made over 35 grand a month who ended up a multi-millionaire. Who had
a wife who invested 10 grand in the stock market futures and ended up
with 50 grand. But had no ability to recall. :lol

I'm sure there were political discussions in, well, what is now The Club before FSP came into existance (I'm member #78!), but there was no forum strictly dedicated to politics. This forum was created in large part to the CBS/Dan Rather incident. People got tired of reading the truth about what was really going on there in The Club, so Kori decided it would be best to create a forum for political and news discussion and here we are today.

Spurminator
04-10-2006, 04:33 PM
This forum was created in large part to the CBS/Dan Rather incident.

Where is DeSPURado anyway?

DarkReign
04-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Damn....this board not being old enough puts a damper on my question then.

Shit. Maybe a Democrat will be elected in 08 and we'll find out (:lmao yeah, right)

BTW, Ocotillo, same here. I got started with message boards and such when I got heavily into video game competitions. That was around 1999-2000 or so.

really wanted some perspective on what peeps thought of Clinton and it cant be accurately displayed without a body of work (ie threads) to back it up. I am sure everyone here from "both sides of the aisle" could list the good and bad, but without the startling DAILY activity in the bashing of Bush....that is the only true indicator (minus Dan, he posts too much :))

Spurminator
04-10-2006, 04:35 PM
My first Political Message Board was the Utah Jazz forum at ESPN.com...

Nbadan
04-10-2006, 04:37 PM

He's still here.

Guru of Nothing
04-10-2006, 04:59 PM

http://www.jtrue.com/cartoons/art/wheres_waldo_rgb.jpg

I found him!

Guru of Nothing
04-10-2006, 04:59 PM
He's still here.

Didn't he promise me a date with his wife? Details are fuzzy.

Oh, Gee!!
04-10-2006, 05:01 PM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=30

Nbadan
04-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Didn't he promise me a date with his wife? Details are fuzzy.

Let me see, a practicing attorney or GURU, yeah, that sounds about right.

Guru of Nothing
04-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Let me see a practicing attorney or GURU, yeah, that sounds about right.

Time to quit blaming overcrowded prisons on Republican policies, I see.

Nbadan
04-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Time to quit blaming overcrowded prisons on Republican policies, I see.

It's those crazy drug laws. Throwing people in prison for pot is insane.