PDA

View Full Version : 24 - I'm Calling My Shot

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Audrey's dad is in on it with Logan.

adrienne
04-10-2006, 10:29 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You're probably right, but I liked him last season not taking any of the terrorist crap. :lol

I did, however, call tonight that the bank manager wasn't going to make it...I said to my mom..."he's a minor character who is just likable enough...he's dead." About 30 seconds later he got shot.:)

scott
04-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Completely implausible plot twist that would make this season suck even more?

Yeah, you are probably right.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-10-2006, 10:34 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You're probably right, but I liked him last season not taking any of the terrorist crap. :lol

I did, however, call tonight that the bank manager wasn't going to make it...I said to my mom..."he's a minor character who is just likable enough...he's dead." About 30 seconds later he got shot.:)

I don't know, but I hope somebody finds his wife.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2006, 10:41 PM
There's no way the bank manager was going to live after hearing the tape played and realizing it was Logan's voice. No way at all. So he gets sniped in the parking lot, not surprising.

I still don't get why people like scott think it's so 'inplausible' for the current president to be in on it.

scott
04-10-2006, 10:42 PM
That's not the inplausible part dude...

T Park
04-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Completely implausible plot twist that would make this season suck even more?

Yeah, you are probably right.

Want to explain sunshine why its not plausible.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2006, 10:54 PM
So what's the inplausible part then scott?

scott
04-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Want to explain sunshine why its not plausible.

You guys are right... it is completely believable that the President, Chief of Staff, Secretary of Defense, and former high ranking conter-intelligence officer brewed up an elaborate scheme to bolster national security by assinating a former president and killing everyone else who knew Jack Bauer was alive to try to bring Jack out of hiding so they could frame him, then use Russian seperatists to hold an airport hostage as a diversion while they steal chemical weapons from an underground bunker (conviently placed at the airport).

But the fun doesn't stop there... I could go on explaining the other fun hijinks of this season... but why bother, because like you said... it's completely believable.

Yes, I know its a TV show - but the writers of 24 are seemingly out of ideas and are getting more far fetched and rediculous each week. It seems like they have the whole season scripted out, but are letting it flesh itself out as each week goes by. It shows in the incontinuity from the beginning of the season to the end, and the over-complexity that the writers have put in. They are cramming months of stories into 24 hours, and it's just getting silly.

scott
04-10-2006, 11:01 PM
So what's the inplausible part then scott?

There isn't any one part in the plot that is in and of itself implausible... it's the combination of all these little things to a degree that is simply mind-boggling, and not in an impressive sort of way.

Spurminator
04-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Yes, I know its a TV show - but the writers of 24 are seemingly out of ideas

Actually, it seems to me that they have too many ideas that they're trying to cram into one season. It seems like each episode presents us with a new "bad guy" or "twist"... It's just not that surprising anymore. I prefered earlier seasons where intensity would build from episode to episode. Now it's pretty much the same formula every episode: Jack gets new instructions and goes on a new mission, a new bad guy sets a plan into action, crisis resolved at the 55 minute mark, plot twist involving a new bad guy and a new crisis. Meanwhile Chloe bitches about something and some asshole with a power trip at CTU gets in the way.

Fortunately, the show is blessed with one of the greatest heroes in TV history, played by one of the best actors on TV. If the Cleveland Cavaliers were a TV Drama, it would be 24 and Jack Bauer would be Lebron James. So even as the show declines in its own silliness, I'll probably be around to watch it until it's over.

scott
04-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Jack gets new instructions and goes on a new mission, a new bad guy sets a plan into action, problem resolved at the 55 minute mark, plot twist involving a new bad guy. Meanwhile Chloe bitches about something and some asshole with a power trip at CTU gets in the way.

Well, that's the running out of ideas part I'm talking about. I've overly frustrated this season because of their repeated use of the "bring Jack into custody" story. How many times in 1 day can this happen?

2centsworth
04-11-2006, 07:30 AM
To be honest I've lost track of the story but I still have fun watching each episode. But overall this season is weaker than season 4 which is the only other season I've ever seen.

rr2418
04-11-2006, 02:09 PM
I think watching 24, one has to place themselves in a world of fantasy, and take it from there. Anything and everything will happen on this show. Every character on this show is game for death except for Jack. It may be repeat plots, but guessing who is the bad guy or who is going to "get it" is nonetheless exciting. I'll be watching 24 for the next 4 seasons!

Trainwreck2100
04-12-2006, 12:37 AM
This is my recap of last episode

http://random-m.com/images/699290394_BUG.gif

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-24-2006, 08:48 PM
This might be the best episode for this season yet. Still got 10 minutes to go too.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-24-2006, 08:58 PM
:wow The British? :wtf

Marklar MM
04-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Does it seem odd to anyone that Heller would drive off a cliff. Make it easier to say he just lost control and went over. At least get your ass shot. But then again...as Henderson said, he may still be alive. So you have to wonder if indeed he had an air pocket in the car, and got out of there. And I just got a damn system shutodwn warning.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-24-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm kind of wondering if he didn't hop out of the car as it drove down the dirt road. When he detoured off the paved road onto the dirt the car went into the darkness to an extent, he coulda bailed.

I just can't believe he'd go Harry Carey on everything.

On the other end, what in the hell is going to happen with the plane? Jack's basically going to hijack the thing from the previews.

And according to the car flags leaving the plane, there are Russians and British on board. :wtf

T Park
04-25-2006, 01:49 AM
This season is now WAYYYY more exciting than last year.

Last year just got dull. This YEAR!!

NOW were havin fuN!!

Jack is gonna freakin hijack a plane

Chloie got bailed out, and who knows where she is going.

That little twerp for CTU though has taken over for the dude from Lord of the Rings as just plain annyoying and stupid.

Trainwreck2100
04-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Yeah I think Hellar is alive too, and by the end of 24's run Jack Bauer will have pissed off all countries north of the equator

50 cent
04-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Heller was obviously not involved with Logan. Anyway, next week should be very interesting.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Who the heck were the guys with the blue tooth phones??

Trainwreck2100
04-25-2006, 11:59 AM
I can't wait to see those pricks with bluetooths die.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-25-2006, 12:01 PM
And I still don't understand why they don't want to kill Henderson, but are so eager to kill anyone else.

Trainwreck2100
04-25-2006, 12:03 PM
And I still don't understand why they don't want to kill Henderson, but are so eager to kill anyone else.

Jack don't want to kill Henderson cause he's a cooroburator, probably the only one who dealt directly with the pres. And we know why the pres don't want him dead

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Henderson may be the only guy I've seen staring down the barrel of a gun more than Jack and lived. He's one slick mofo, you have to give him that.

I'm not thrilled about the introduction about the blue tooth goons. How exactly do they fit into the chain of command in this conspiracy? There's been nothing even hinted at all season that this didn't start and end with Logan and Henderson.

But it looks like things are going to interesting next week:
"We got mother fucking Jack on a plane!"

Marklar MM
04-25-2006, 02:17 PM
From the looks of things, the dudes with bluetooth earpieces are the ones running the whole situation. More than likely, they have another agenda, one which the President wasn't told of.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Who the heck were the guys with the blue tooth phones??

Those were the CFOs of Exxon-Mobil, BP, Texaco, and Shell :lol

j/k... I think most folks knew that Logan was working in conjunction with someone else, we just finally got a face to go with it last night.

I think that last night's episode was the best one in a long time. Forget snakes on a plane, now we've got Jack Bauer on a mother fucking plane.

SoCalSpursFan
04-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Bauer is in on it.

Vashner
04-25-2006, 07:19 PM
It's just stupid that she lost that much blood and he didn't even call an ambulance.

As if the body can just produce a few pints on demand. Or they would of had to amputate her dead arm if he tied it up too much.

T Park
04-25-2006, 08:17 PM
how do you know how much she lost :lol

He said it didn't hit a major artery.

Of course I say this, like its freakin fact...

Damn show!!!!!

Vashner
04-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Watch the scene again. The bad guy said he hit her in a vital and jack had to throw him the recorder or else she was gonna die. Then they panned down and was a huge pool of blood under her. Then Jack slid the recorder over...

Trainwreck2100
04-26-2006, 01:05 AM
Watch the scene again. The bad guy said he hit her in a vital and jack had to throw him the recorder or else she was gonna die. Then they panned down and was a huge pool of blood under her. Then Jack slid the recorder over...

In this last episode Jack says that he missed the artery.