View Full Version : Sonics' Wilcox named NBA WC PoTW

CubanMustGo
04-11-2006, 07:49 AM
Keep an eye on this guy tonight ... not to mention Ray-ray:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sonics/2002923773_soni11.html

Wilcox honored as Western Conference player of week
By Percy Allen
Seattle Times staff reporter

Toss up. Who had a better week: Phil Mickelson or Chris Wilcox?

Well, the Sonics forward didn't win the Masters, but he strung together the finest three games of his short NBA career and was given his first Western Conference Player of the Week award.

The recognition adds credence to Wilcox's bid to become one of the top free agents this summer and puts a little bit more intrigue into tonight's matchup against Tim Duncan as Seattle (33-43) plays the Spurs (59-18) at AT&T Center in San Antonio.

In his only meeting against Duncan as a Sonic, Wilcox scored 14 points on 6-of-14 shooting and added seven rebounds. He was unable to control Duncan, who finished with 28 points on 8-for-13 shooting and 10 rebounds; however, Seattle claimed a 106-102 upset victory on March 26 that tied the series 1-1.

Since then, Wilcox has improved dramatically.

In the past week, he averaged 23.0 points and 15.3 rebounds while shooting 75 percent from the field, which helped Seattle in three victories. He began the week by posting 26 points and a career-high 24 rebounds in a 104-87 win over Houston on April 4.

He also dished out a career-best six assists and had 20 points and 10 rebounds in a 121-108 victory at Portland on Friday. Wilcox ended the week with a 23-point, 12-rebound outing in a 116-114 win against Phoenix on Sunday.

Since joining the Sonics in a Feb. 14 trade with the Los Angeles Clippers, Wilcox has averaged 15.3 points and 8.2 rebounds. He averaged 4.5 points and 3.6 rebounds in 48 games with the Clippers this season.

Wilcox, who earns $2.8 million this season, will be a restricted free agent this summer, and his recent exploits may fetch a contract averaging between $7 million and $10 million a season. The Sonics have the right to match any offer he might receive, and general manager Rick Sund has said it's a priority to re-sign him.

Wilcox was named player of the week over teammate Ray Allen, who averaged 33 points in three games and sank the winning three-pointer against Phoenix. Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki and Sacramento's Mike Bibby also received consideration.

New York's Jamal Crawford was named Eastern Conference Player of the Week after averaging 26.3 points, 6.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.25 steals per game. The former star at Rainier Beach High hit two winning jumpers to lead the Knicks to a 3-1 record last week.

Percy Allen: 206-464-2278 or [email protected]

CubanMustGo
04-11-2006, 07:50 AM
Quick game preview by same writer:

Seattle at San Antonio

5:30 p.m. today at AT&T Center

TV/Radio: FSN/950 AM (KJR)

Records: Seattle 33-43, San Antonio 59-18.

Bottom line: G Earl Watson (strained right wrist) didn't practice on Monday. ... With five games left, San Antonio is vying with Detroit and Dallas for the best record in the NBA, which carries home-court advantage throughout the playoffs. The Spurs are one game ahead of Dallas for the top spot in the Western Conference and three games behind Eastern Conference-leading Detroit. ... This is the finale of the three-game season series. The Spurs easily beat the Sonics, 103-78, at AT&T Center on Feb. 21, and Seattle claimed a 106-102 upset victory on March 26 at KeyArena.

Injuries: Sonics — G Watson (strained right wrist) is questionable, and F Danny Fortson (sore left knee) is out. Spurs — G Manu Ginobili (bruised left leg) is questionable.

Jimcs50
04-11-2006, 08:21 AM
An ex Terp.

:smokin

Kori Ellis
04-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Since Wilcox came to the Sonics, it seems like over half his baskets are dunks. He's a horrible defender, but they challenged him to start rebounding and he's responded with some huge games on the glass.

He's playing so well that the Sonics probably won't be able to afford to keep him this summer.

ALVAREZ6
04-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Wilcox is a monster.

CubanMustGo
04-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Since Wilcox came to the Sonics, it seems like over half his baskets are dunks. He's a horrible defender, but they challenged him to start rebounding and he's responded with some huge games on the glass.

He's playing so well that the Sonics probably won't be able to afford to keep him this summer.

I think that if one could average 23 and 15, shooting 75% (as Wilcox did last week) that some lapses on D would be forgivable :lol

Kori Ellis
04-11-2006, 09:20 AM
I think that if one could average 23 and 15, shooting 75% (as Wilcox did last week) that some lapses on D would be forgivable :lol

Sure, if he could consistently put up those numbers consistently, I doubt anyone would complain. :lol I just mentioned it because Seattle's a horrible defensive team and they still acknowledge that he is a really bad defender. Despite that, I'd love him on the Spurs. I watch all the Sonics games. He runs the floor like a gazelle and I'm amazed by the high percentage of dunks he's get.

ace3g
04-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Wilcox was one of the players the spurs were supposedly looking at during the whole "searching for a big man" stage this season

Jimcs50
04-11-2006, 09:53 AM

I'm sorry, but he is not a bad defender. You do not play for Gary Williams and not play great defense, that is a fact. He was in a bad system for him, playing behind an all star, he did not get a chance in LA, now he can really show the type of player he really is.

leemajors
04-11-2006, 09:57 AM
the clippers have been playing good defense this season haven't they? i had always heard wilcox had all the talent in the world but had problems applying himself (i.e. lazy).

Kori Ellis
04-11-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm sorry, but he is not a bad defender. You do not play for Gary Williams and not play great defense, that is a fact. He was in a bad system and played behind an all star, he did not get a chance in LA, now he can really show the type of player he really is.

Since, he's been on the Sonics, he's showed that he has some of the worse defensive numbers of anyone on the team (except Ridnour). I have all their games on tape since Noel has gotten there and he consistently gets scored on big time night in and night out. Their coaching staff/management has expressed deep concern in how bad he is defensively and how he has a rep for not caring to get any better. It's one of their hesitancies in regards to paying him this summer.

You can suck him all you want because he played for Maryland, but he's a poor defender and everyone around him knows it.

CubanMustGo
04-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Since, he's been on the Sonics, he's showed that he has some of the worse defensive numbers of anyone on the team (except Ridnour). I have all their games on tape since Noel has gotten there and he consistently gets scored on big time night in and night out. Their coaching staff/management has expressed deep concern in how bad he is defensively and how he has a rep for not caring to get any better.

You can suck him all you want because he played for Maryland, but he's a poor defender and everyone around him knows it.

:owned by the :princess

(hey, I've been there too :lol )

Kori Ellis
04-11-2006, 10:03 AM
By the way, I wasn't even really knocking the guy by saying he's a bad defender in my original post. He's 23 (?) and I think if he applies himself (as someone else stated) he can easily be an All-Star caliber player. I like him a lot.

Spurminator
04-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Is Wilcox the next Ike Austin?

BigVee
04-11-2006, 10:09 AM
I thought he was outstanding in college and was always surprised that the Clippers couldn't find a spot for him.

TDMVPDPOY
04-11-2006, 10:10 AM
i smell contract year!

TDMVPDPOY
04-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Is Wilcox the next Ike Austin?

next JJ of the knicks

Jimcs50
04-11-2006, 11:04 AM

That is classy, saying I am sucking someone because I disagree about a player's defensive abilities.

Thanks Kori.

Kori Ellis
04-11-2006, 11:09 AM
That is classy, saying I am sucking someone because I disagree about a player's defensive abilities.

Thanks Kori.

Why so sensitive?

Like I said, I wasn't even dogging the guy when I pointed out he's a bad defender anyway. I think he will be an awesome player in a good system.

Spurologist
04-11-2006, 11:21 AM
The most underrated player in the history of Maryland basketball. Everyone remembers Dixon and Blake but it was Wilcox with his athleticism and defense that led MD to the NCAA championship. Yes I said defense. His defense then like now, though, was only predicated on shot blocking. Just because of his shot blocking, he received an all acc defense honorable mention. What gets me is that he has terrific quickness on offense, but somehow can't use it on defense. The right system as Kori points out will help him. The right fit could highlight his shot blocking ability and minimize his lack of lateral movement on defense. He has had a nice stretch of games and that has got him the western conference player of the week. Now everyone is going to question his consistency. He's very young and could be a great player.

Kori Ellis
04-11-2006, 11:26 AM
His defense then like now, though, was only predicated on shot blocking. Just because of his shot blocking, he received an all acc defense honorable mention.

That's one of the Sonics' concerns. He isn't even blocking shots, so they are challenging him with some goals to try to pick of his intensity. He averages only .29 blocks in over 30 mpg with them.

He had a bad rep of being lazy with the Clippers, hopefully he'll shed it with Seattle (or wherever he ends up after this summer).

Spurologist
04-11-2006, 11:36 AM
:lol I'm I SPURM now. Sure you don't have me confused with SPURMinator?

He averages only .29 blocks in over 30 mpg with them.

This is alarming to me. He's definately being lazy. He might want to move for bigger $$ and new voice. He needs to find another Gary Williams type personality.

rascal
04-11-2006, 11:42 AM
I'd take him over Rasho. The spurs missed out on this guy. But what else is new, the spurs watch as good players move from team to team. Also Caron Butler would have bee a perfect sf fit for the spurs. And it only took an underachieving Kwame Brown to get Butler. The spurs are horrible in getting better with trades.

The spurs should have made attempts to get both Butler and or Wilcox. Two good players who could have come cheaply.

SequSpur
04-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Players that get the player of the week award usually don't suck.

I think Wilcox made Duncan look like a washed up allstar. Which is the norm lately.

Kori Ellis
04-11-2006, 11:45 AM
:lol I'm I SPURM now. Sure you don't have me confused with SPURMinator?

This is alarming to me. He's definately being lazy. He might want to move for bigger $$ and new voice. He needs to find another Gary Williams type personality.

Sorry :lol I actually typo'd "spur". I sometimes shorten a lot of usernames when I quote.

Kori Ellis
04-11-2006, 11:46 AM
I'd take him over Rasho. The spurs missed out on this guy. But what else is new, the spurs watch as good players move from team to team. Also Caron Butler would have bee a perfect sf fit for the spurs. And it only took an underachieving Kwame Brown to get Butler. The spurs are horrible in getting better with trades.

The spurs should have made attempts to get both Butler and or Wilcox. Two good players who could have come cheaply.

Caron Butler is good but I don't like him for some reason. I would have loved Wilcox here for cheap though.

Jimcs50
04-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Why so sensitive?

Like I said, I wasn't even dogging the guy when I pointed out he's a bad defender anyway. I think he will be an awesome player in a good system.

It is ok Kori, I got my period this morning so am a little more emotional.

:)

Spurologist
04-11-2006, 12:04 PM

I love Caron Butler's game. He seems so much more comfortable here with the Wizards. He's putting up big numbers playing along side guys like Gil Arenas and Jameson. In fact, his absence is the reason the wiz are struggling right now. I think he'd be a perfect fit in with the spurs. He can knock down the outside shot consistently and fearless in attacking the basket. He has extended his range this year to 3 pt land. Even when not open, he can hit shots in your face ala Jamal Mashburn. He's very athletic, quick, a good defender, and unselfish. He is that long 3 people have been talking about. He would have been a great pickup. The wiz have him locked now with 5 year deal.

rascal
04-11-2006, 01:38 PM
I love Caron Butler's game. He seems so much more comfortable here with the Wizards. He's putting up big numbers playing along side guys like Gil Arenas and Jameson. In fact, his absence is the reason the wiz are struggling right now. I think he'd be a perfect fit in with the spurs. He can knock down the outside shot consistently and fearless in attacking the basket. He has extended his range this year to 3 pt land. Even when not open, he can hit shots in your face ala Jamal Mashburn. He's very athletic, quick, a good defender, and unselfish. He is that long 3 people have been talking about. He would have been a great pickup. The wiz have him locked now with 5 year deal.

Exactly. The spurs missed out. There are good players the spurs can get cheap every year and Butler would have been a great fit for a team that needs a young 3. I was saying before he was traded that the spurs should get him. He was on the block two times (traded already twice) and I heard nothing that the spurs had interest in acquiring him.

polandprzem
04-11-2006, 02:21 PM
It is ok Kori, I got my period this morning so am a little more emotional.

:)

:hang

ChumpDumper
04-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Here we go with "the Spurs could've been in the mix on every single trade in the last decade" crap again.

Take a good look at what the teams got for these guys before saying some shit like Beno and a second rounder or Barry and cash would have gotten it done.

rascal
04-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Here we go with "the Spurs could've been in the mix on every single trade in the last decade" crap again.

Take a good look at what the teams got for these guys before saying some shit like Beno and a second rounder or Barry and cash would have gotten it done.

Who said that? Kwame Brown and Radmanovic aren't very good. Butler and Wilcox could have been acquired for less than their value. Work something out thats what spurs management should be doing.

They cannot see bargains in trades and make something work out. They have done almost nothing in trading for less than market value players. The core of the team is built around good draft picks, not trades.

The spurs need to get someone who can get some trade steals like other teams pull off. NJ with Carter. R Wallace in Det. Every year there are these type of steals and the spurs never pull one off.

ChumpDumper
04-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Who said that?You say it over and over again.
Kwame Brown and Radmanovic aren't very good.But they are the players those teams wanted.

ChumpDumper
04-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Who said that? Kwame Brown and Radmanovic aren't very good. Butler and Wilcox could have been acquired for less than their value. Work something out thats what spurs management should be doing.

They cannot see bargains in trades and make something work out. They have done almost nothing in trading for less than market value players. The core of the team is built around good draft picks, not trades.Yes give us all your fantasy packages for those players that would have made them Spurs.

rascal
04-12-2006, 11:41 AM
I want to at least see that the spurs have some interest in getting these good players when they are on the block for cheap. Usually word is out when teanms are interested in players.

I would have sent manu and cap filler for Carter. I'm not the gm so its not my job to work something out. But if i was I would have made some solid acquisistions thru trades, much more than what the spurs have done.. Its the spurs who need to make something work out. Like I said at least make some attempts.

rascal
04-12-2006, 11:45 AM
You say it over and over again.But they are the players those teams wanted.

I never said Beno and crap for anyone. All I know is Butler R Wallace Carter Wilcox went for far less value. I remeber saying the spurs should try to get these guys and many here in this forum said no.

The only guys I would try to build the team around are Duncan and parker, package anyone else.

ChumpDumper
04-12-2006, 11:45 AM
I want to at least see that the spurs have some interest in getting these good players when they are on the block for cheap. Usually word is out when teanms are interested in players.Yeah, the Spurs are such a loose-lipped operation. Transparent.
I would have sent manu and cap filler for Carter.No shit - just make it your sig so you don't have to type it over and over again.
Its the spurs who need to make something work out.Yeah, we could've won it all last season if we had only made some trades.

rascal
04-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah, we could've won it all last season if we had only made some trades.
They won despite their poor track record at trading. Because they won last year doesn't mean they can just sit on their roster and not try to jump at a good opportunituy to improve.

Melmart1
04-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Just because we didn't hear about the Spurs going after a player doesn't mean that they didn't do it. CIA Pop showed CIA Buford all his tricks.

After 3 Championships and bigtime coups (Parker, Ginobili) that are the envy of the NBA, you would figure Spurs fans would realize maybe the FO knows what they are doing. Or, at the very least knows more than you do.

ChumpDumper
04-12-2006, 11:54 AM
I never said Beno and crap for anyone. All I know is these guys went for far less value.The Lakers thought Brown was worth $7.5 million to start.

Look, the most attractive trade bait is young guys on rookie deals and expiring contracts. You'll find both in all those deals you are whining about. At present we don't have much of either, and other teams have more. That's just how it is when a team finally uses its full budget to lock up its core long term.

ChumpDumper
04-12-2006, 11:56 AM
They won despite their poor track record at trading.They won despite whing bitches who think any trade can happen because they read a Sam Smith article.
Because they won last year doesn't mean they can just sit on their roster and not try to jump at a good opportunituy to improve.They are always looking and always trying. Sorry they don't feel obliged to inform you about every phone call.

rascal
04-12-2006, 01:41 PM
The Lakers thought Brown was worth $7.5 million to start.

Look, the most attractive trade bait is young guys on rookie deals and expiring contracts. You'll find both in all those deals you are whining about. At present we don't have much of either, and other teams have more. That's just how it is when a team finally uses its full budget to lock up its core long term.

Don't give me excuses. When the spurs have expiring contacts they don't pull off trades. They haven't made an impact trade in getting anyone other that backups in years.

The spurs never have value to trade but other teams manage? Other teams sign top free agents the spurs get Rasho Barry ect. Good thing they have drafted Parker and Manu and got lucky with the ping pong ball with Duncan.

smeagol
04-12-2006, 01:48 PM
I love watching rascal getting owned

ChumpDumper
04-12-2006, 01:49 PM
When the spurs have expiring contacts they don't pull off trades.Because they had to use cap space to re-sign their core - no excuse. Reality.
The spurs never have value to trade but other teams manage?Trades are not done to satisfy fantasy basketball players. The Spurs' conditions and needs are much more specific than some suck ass rebuilding team. It's such a curse to keep championship teams together, isn't it?
Good thing they have drafted Parker and Manu and got lucky with the ping pong ball with Duncan.Yes it is a good thing - so good the Spurs don't have to trade their entire roster every season in an attempt to get the right mix. I mean look at all the rings Portland and Philly got with all their trades, to say nothing about their total payrolls the past 7 years.

smeagol
04-12-2006, 01:57 PM
:corn:

Dre_7
04-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Other teams sign top free agents the spurs get Rasho Barry ect. .

Last time I checked, they got the top free agent last year. And with him and the others added to the mix, the Spurs are on pace to win a franchise record.

himat
04-12-2006, 04:34 PM
By the way, I wasn't even really knocking the guy by saying he's a bad defender in my original post. He's 23 (?) and I think if he applies himself (as someone else stated) he can easily be an All-Star caliber player. I like him a lot.

All star? He can be very good, but not an all star especially since he's a F-C in the west.

leemajors
04-12-2006, 05:04 PM
spurs can't afford to sign "top tier" fa's and they don't need to. their core is set and they need role players to complement what they already have.

ambchang
04-12-2006, 05:24 PM
I am surprised Nazr Mohommed hasn't come up in the argument yet ... oh well.

rascal
04-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Because they had to use cap space to re-sign their core - no excuse. Reality.Trades are not done to satisfy fantasy basketball players. The Spurs' conditions and needs are much more specific than some suck ass rebuilding team. It's such a curse to keep championship teams together, isn't it?Yes it is a good thing - so good the Spurs don't have to trade their entire roster every season in an attempt to get the right mix. I mean look at all the rings Portland and Philly got with all their trades, to say nothing about their total payrolls the past 7 years.

Portland for years and Phil and Denver and Phoenix and now NJ did good with improving with trades. Because they haven't won it all doesn't diminish the fact that they made many good trades. With their managements had any of these teams got lucky enough to land Robinson and or Duncan they would have also won titles.

I don't care about payrolls. Its a bonus to be able to pay and not be so tight to get players.

ChumpDumper
04-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Because they haven't won it all doesn't diminish the fact that they made many good trades.We have won it all. Why can't you get this through your head? We already have the team other guys want.
With their managements had any of these teams got lucky enough to land Robinson and or Duncan they would have also won titles.And they wouldn't have to make so many trades. Thanks for your help.
I don't care about payrolls.I know 29 ownership groups that do. The one that doesn't has a last place team.

ducks
04-12-2006, 05:48 PM
spurs pulled a trade out of nowhere to get hedo and mercer
hedo did not work out that well but it was not like they were not creative in that trade

ducks
04-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Portland for years and Phil and Denver and Phoenix and now NJ did good with improving with trades. Because they haven't won it all doesn't diminish the fact that they made many good trades. With their managements had any of these teams got lucky enough to land Robinson and or Duncan they would have also won titles.

I don't care about payrolls. Its a bonus to be able to pay and not be so tight to get players.
portland is about to lose its team
allen is sick of lossing money
allen does not even stay in portland
bob had all the freedom to do what he wanted
how many trips to the finals did they make?
what how many trips to the wcf finals did they make?
those trades worked out so well did they not?

rascal
04-13-2006, 11:57 AM
We have won it all. Why can't you get this through your head? We already have the team other guys want.And they wouldn't have to make so many trades. Thanks for your help.I know 29 ownership groups that do. The one that doesn't has a last place team.
??? You could surround Duncan, and when they had D Robinson with any role players and you will win it all. thats how good these guys were as compared with what other teams had on the inside. The only team that could compete was the lakers because they also has a dominate inside force with Shaq.

The spurs have not improved with trades. You will not be on the top long if you get complacent with your roster as it is and do little or nothing to try to improve. Especially when so many good opportunities come along every year to get players at less than market value in return.

The spurs have done a crappy job when it comes to trades. You put Duncan on any team and that team becomes an nba contender. There are only 5 players on each team on the court at a time so the impact one great player like Duncan makes is huge.

What i'm saying is other than getting lucky with duncan and Robinson who even you and I would have drafted and a couple good draft picks in Parker and manu the spurs have done nothing more than find fill in players who are no better than the rest of the league.

They have continued to miss out on good trade opportunities.

CubanMustGo
04-13-2006, 12:05 PM
??? You could surround Duncan, and when they had D Robinson with any role players and you will win it all. thats how good these guys were as compared with what other teams had on the inside.
Umm, so why did they only win two championships together?

The only team that could compete was the lakers because they also has a dominate inside force with Shaq.
So why hasn't Miami won a championship yet? If all you need is Shaq, they should have won it last year.

The spurs have not improved with trades. You will not be on the top long if you get complacent with your roster as it is and do little or nothing to try to improve. Especially when so many good opportunities come along every year to get players at less than market value in return.
Oh yeah, there are so many players willing to play for less than market value. That's why so many teams have won 60 games already this year, and championships the last few years, because they've signed all those cheap yet incredibly good players.

The spurs have done a crappy job when it comes to trades. You put Duncan on any team and that team becomes an nba contender. There are only 5 players on each team on the court at a time so the impact one great player like Duncan makes is huge.
Yeah, the Cavs have won a lot of championships.
OK, I mean the LA Kobes have won a lot of championships since the Diesel left.
Sorry, the Mavs.
OK, OK, how about AI and the 6ers?
Oops, Ray Allen and the Sonics? Certainly HE thinks he is a great player ...

Gosh, maybe it does take more than one great player after all? But certainly all these other teams have been making those great trades you keep talking about?

What i'm saying is other than getting lucky with duncan and Robinson who even you and I would have drafted and a couple good draft picks in Parker and manu the spurs have done nothing more than find fill in players who are no better than the rest of the league.

They have continued to miss out on good trade opportunities.
And they are hurting so badly, aren't they?

ChumpDumper
04-13-2006, 01:18 PM
There are only 5 players on each team on the court at a time so the impact one great player like Duncan makes is huge.Same with Parker and Manu. I know you'd feel better if we had traded for them, but we didn't. I don't understand why the Spurs should be penalized for drafting so well they don't have to go chasing after every player available in trade. We already have the players other teams want. Get that through your tiny brain.

What i'm saying is other than getting lucky with duncan and Robinson who even you and I would have drafted and a couple good draft picks in Parker and manu the spurs have done nothing more than find fill in players who are no better than the rest of the league.Yes, finding role players to compliment the three All-Stars you already have is easier than trying to trade every season to get three All-Stars.
They have continued to miss out on good trade opportunities.You have yet to show any posible trade that would've fit the specific needs of the Spurs and the team to be traded with. Stick to fantasy basketball GMing and leave the real world to the folks with at least an iota of knowledge.

rascal
04-13-2006, 01:43 PM
The spurs do not make impact trades. The spurs miss out on good bargain trades that other teams are able to pull off. The spurs do not either want or attempt many trades. Winning is another argument not associated with the fact the spurs do not make trades. Becasue you win it last year doesn't mean you don't have to sit back and do nothing in the trade market. Thats complacency and will lead to future failure.

Don't argue around these facts. Those are valid observations. When I said the spurs should go after R Wallace and or Carter this board said those guys weren't any good anymore and not worth it. It has been proven otherwise by their play and teams improvements since they were traded.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2006, 01:53 PM
The spurs do not make impact trades.The Spurs don't need impact trades - shitty rebuilding teams do.
Winning is another argument not associated with the fact the spurs do not make trades.That's the stupidest thing you've ever posted. Which team needs to make an impact trade more - 1) the reigning NBA champion or 2) a 20-62 team?
Becasue you win it last year doesn't maen you don't have to sit back and do nothing in the trade market.It means your needs are much more specific than that of a shitty team and most potential trades aren't going to work for you.
Don't argue around these facts.I met them head on -- it is you who have failed to prove anything.
When I said the spurs should go after R Wallace and or Carter this board said those guys weren't any good anymore and not worth it.Who says they didn't? You? I know you have listening devices in RCs office and know the janitor's brother, so you have the inside scoop, right? I never said those players were not worth looking at (though I would never trade Manu for an admitted quitter at twice the price - that's an idiot's trade), but given the team's needs and what they had to offer - those teams got better than the Spurs would ever think about giving.

CubanMustGo
04-13-2006, 01:56 PM
The spurs do not make impact trades. The spurs miss out on good bargain trades that other teams are able to pull off. The spurs do not either want or attempt many trades. Winning is another argument not associated with the fact the spurs do not make trades. Becasue you win it last year doesn't mean you don't have to sit back and do nothing in the trade market. Thats complacency and will lead to future failure.

Don't argue around these facts. Those are valid observations. When I said the spurs should go after R Wallace and or Carter this board said those guys weren't any good anymore and not worth it. It has been proven otherwise by their play and teams improvements since they were traded.

Dude, give it up. You have been owned more often than a career hooker. Your arguments have been picked so bare that a vulture wouldn't have anything to do with the remnants.

Repeating the same tired old shit time after time doesn't change the fact that it's tired old shit.

rascal
04-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Dude, give it up. You have been owned more often than a career hooker. Your arguments have been picked so bare that a vulture wouldn't have anything to do with the remnants.

Repeating the same tired old shit time after time doesn't change the fact that it's tired old shit.
Dude yourself. Its just your point of view vs mine.

If its tired old shit don't bother posting.

rascal
04-13-2006, 04:00 PM
The Spurs don't need impact trades - shitty rebuilding teams do.That's the stupidest thing you've ever posted. Which team needs to make an impact trade more - 1) the reigning NBA champion or 2) a 20-62 team?It means your needs are much more specific than that of a shitty team and most potential trades aren't going to work for you.I met them head on -- it is you who have failed to prove anything.Who says they didn't? You? I know you have listening devices in RCs office and know the janitor's brother, so you have the inside scoop, right? I never said those players were not worth looking at (though I would never trade Manu for an admitted quitter at twice the price - that's an idiot's trade), but given the team's needs and what they had to offer - those teams got better than the Spurs would ever think about giving.

You have met nothing. All you state is the spurs don't need to make changes because they won the championship, Thats plain ass stupid.

The spurs are not good at making good trades. The history speaks for itself. Where are all the good trades the spurs have made the last 5 years? So many good players have changed teams and many trades were rip off deals and the spurs were not involved in any of them.

What was wrong with trying to land Caron Butler? The spurs couldn't offer a package deal for him? i've heard when the spurs have had some interest in playewrs in the past like sprewell but there was no word that the spurs had any interest in acquiring Butler, r wallace Carter or wilcox.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Still waiting for those trade packages, RC....

rascal
04-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Its not my job to come up with deals. Its the spurs job. All i see is the results of their inability to make trades. I could go to realgm and think up some possible offers that could have been made for all these players but its not my job. But if it were there would be some dealing going on.

Why is it so difficult or painful for you to acknowledge that the spurs are not good at acquiring really good players thru trade. You bypass this point and counter it with things like the spurs win anyways. Thats not the issue. The issue is the spurs do not make trades.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Its not my job to come up with deals.When you claim the Spurs could have easily gotten these players, it damn sure is your job to prove it.

At the information is out there on the internets. I'll give you links if you need them.

Your problem is you are completely ignorant of the rules regarding trades and how they affect a team's existing and future payroll and think they are as easy as shuffling players between your fantasy teams.

It isn't.

So go educate yourself or leave it to those who already know.

rascal
04-13-2006, 04:23 PM
When you claim the Spurs could have easily gotten these players, it damn sure is your job to prove it.

At the information is out there on the internets. I'll give you links if you need them.

Your problem is you are completely ignorant of the rules regarding trades and how they affect a team's existing and future payroll and think they are as easy as shuffling players between your fantasy teams.

It isn't.

So go educate yourself or leave it to those who already know.

Other teams are able to make deals, the spurs don't. Its always so difficult for the spurs but other teams seem to manage. Thats a weak excuse saying its difficult.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm saying you're ignorant. What's your excuse for that?

rascal
04-13-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm saying you're ignorant. What's your excuse for that?

No you are ignorant, because you haven't told me anything I don't know but your ignorance doesn't know it. Your the one with the excuses.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2006, 04:54 PM
I have a fair knowledge of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and its impact on trades in general and the Spurs in partuicular. Ask around.

Now, show me those trade packages.

rascal
04-13-2006, 04:57 PM
When you claim the Spurs could have easily gotten these players, it damn sure is your job to prove it.

I made no claims that the spurs could have easily gotten these players but I saw nothing showing that they even tried or even had any interest in them.

Thats the problem. I don't seeing any positive results in improving the team thru trades.

ducks
04-13-2006, 04:59 PM
getting hedo for ferry was a smart trade

ChumpDumper
04-13-2006, 05:01 PM
I saw nothing showing that they even tried or even had any interest in them.Really, have you EVER heard anything about this team doing a specific trade until a few hours before it was supposed to take place?

So you're really just whining about the Spurs' being a close-lipped organization.

Why not just say that?

rascal
04-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Hedo was not good on the spurs. He lasted only one year and they got rid of him. Claxton also lasted only one year.

When you can only come up with players like Hedo or Muhammed or Claxton that shows how poor the spurs have been at trades.

rascal
04-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Really, have you EVER heard anything about this team doing a specific trade until a few hours before it was supposed to take place?

So you're really just whining about the Spurs' being a close-lipped organization.

Why not just say that?

No I have heard when there was interest in sprewell and a few years back in payton but nothing was worked out. But nothing in any of the guys I've mentioned earlier.

I do not see results. The spurs do not make trades.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2006, 05:12 PM
No I have heard when there was interest in sprewell and a few years back in payton but nothing was worked out. But nothing in any of the guys I've mentioned earlier.Sam Smith articles and message board speculation don't count.
I do not see results.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_621/parade19ss.jpg

Winnipeg_Spur
04-13-2006, 05:13 PM
When you can only come up with players like Hedo or Muhammed or Claxton that shows how poor the spurs have been at trades.
WTF?! Two of those players played key roles on championship winning teams, what else do you want?

anakha
04-13-2006, 05:45 PM
No I have heard when there was interest in sprewell and a few years back in payton but nothing was worked out. But nothing in any of the guys I've mentioned earlier.

I do not see results. The spurs do not make trades.

Doesn't the FO have a reputation now for publicly declaring interest in a guy just to get other teams to react or to distract them from guys they are really after? That CIA Pop... :hat

Anyway, we consistently win. One of the highest win percentages of any sports franchise since TD came in. And there's no way anyone can say that the FO did not play a part in that success. Those results enough for you?

ducks
04-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Hedo was not good on the spurs. He lasted only one year and they got rid of him. Claxton also lasted only one year.

hedo was gotten for nothing
ferry was going to retire
hedo was also offered a large contract by magic did you want the spurs to give hedo that kind of money