PDA

View Full Version : heres something that might make you smile

superfedja
04-11-2006, 09:00 AM
the only reason why we wont get home court advantage if we meet the pistons in the finals is bcuz the pistons are in the eastern conference and the eastern conference sux ... the only 2 teams from the east who would have a chance of surviving a western conference playoffs are the pistons and the heat... the other 6 eastern teams who will go to the playoffs suck BIG TIME... most of those teams have loosing records or almost... I just want people to consider this fact before saying that the spurs are playing bad... I know detroit beat us 2-0 this season but that's only bcuz Pop wanted to keep the spurs under the radar until the playoffs and he was startin rasho cuz hes hoping that rasho can get his stats up so he can get his trade value up .... have you noticed how Nazr became a starter few days after the trade deadline ... Anyways this is not a thread to disrespect detroit or the other teams ... i'm just stating facts and hoping to provide another point of view on the performance of the spurs... a lot of people wouldn't believe in the spurs when they won their 2 previous championships and that's normal cuz the road to the championship is so god damn hard ! and thats normal thats why theyre champions and thats what champions do! its not gonna be easy this year neither but thats ok cuz it will provide plenty of drama for the fans :)

go spurs go

Bruno
04-11-2006, 09:04 AM
the only reason why we wont get home court advantage if we meet the pistons in the finals is bcuz the pistons are in the eastern conference and the eastern conference sux ...

False.
Pistons are 25-5 against western conference teams
Pistons are 37-10 against eastern conference teams

The only reason why we won't get the HCA against Detroit is that Detroit has played better than us this season. Plain and simple.

x0xbillupsx0x
04-11-2006, 09:05 AM
the only reason why we wont get home court advantage if we meet the pistons in the finals is bcuz the pistons are in the eastern conference and the eastern conference sux ... the only 2 teams from the east who would have a chance of surviving a western conference playoffs are the pistons and the heat... the other 6 eastern teams who will go to the playoffs suck BIG TIME... most of those teams have loosing records or almost... I just want people to consider this fact before saying that the spurs are playing bad... I know detroit beat us 2-0 this season but that's only bcuz Pop wanted to keep the spurs under the radar until the playoffs and he was startin rasho cuz hes hoping that rasho can get his stats up so he can get his trade value up .... have you noticed how Nazr became a starter few days after the trade deadline ... Anyways this is not a thread to disrespect detroit or the other teams ... i'm just stating facts and hoping to provide another point of view on the performance of the spurs... a lot of people wouldn't believe in the spurs when they won their 2 previous championships and that's normal cuz the road to the championship is so god damn hard ! and thats normal thats why theyre champions and thats what champions do! its not gonna be easy this year neither but thats ok cuz it will provide plenty of drama for the fans :)

go spurs go
pistons only lost 5 times this yr to west teams.
pistons have a better record against the west then any west team has against the east!

CubanMustGo
04-11-2006, 09:16 AM
the only reason why we wont get home court advantage if we meet the pistons in the finals is bcuz ...

Don't forget the 2-0 H2H record between the two teams, dude. But nice try. Pistons have earned the HCA plain and simple.

polandprzem
04-11-2006, 09:21 AM
heres something that might make you smile

Might :rolleyes

:lol

WalterBenitez
04-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Hey!

Don't tell to anybody but PISTONS will kick our ass if they keep their level, no chemistry issues and no Wallace's side effect. :angel

SenorSpur
04-11-2006, 10:08 AM
I've got a hard time with some of these "silver lining" comments.

It's very true that the Eastern conference teams suck, but to minimize the accomplishments of the Pistons over the course of the season is shortsighted.

We also cannot ignore the fact that Detroit thoroughly kicked our asses during the regular season. Sure both games came during the first eight weeks of the season when the Spurs were not at full strength, but that cannot be used as an excuse. You gotta give them their just props.

It's also a fact that the Spurs are a bit vulnerable with Duncan not at full speed. He is the cog by which everything else flows. With all due respect to TP and how he's carried us this season, we only go as far as Duncan goes in the playoffs.

WayDowntownBang
04-11-2006, 10:19 AM
No, you guys are all wrong. The original poster is right.

The Pistons suck. We made a mistake with Darko, Rasheed is a jerk who always gets suspended, and Tony Parker is going to run circles around Chauncey and Rip.

/takes off his small rodent suit.

nkdlunch
04-11-2006, 10:26 AM
No, you guys are all wrong. The original poster is right.

The Pistons suck. We made a mistake with Darko, Rasheed is a jerk who always gets suspended, and Tony Parker is going to run circles around Chauncey and Rip.

/takes off his small rodent suit.

don't forget Ben Wallace is a prima donna

anthologyct
04-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Pistons are 25-5 against western conference teams
Pistons are 37-10 against eastern conference teams

The only reason why we won't get the HCA against Detroit is that Detroit has played better than us this season. Plain and simple.

Bruno,

You're a good fella! The one thing I don't like a forums sometimes is the fact that people use assertions and not facts.

Definition of assertion: "a declaration that is made emphatically, often with no support or attempt at proof, (as if no supporting evidence were necessary)"

Fact: The Spurs have a good team
Fact: The Pistons have a good team
Fact: The Spurs and the Pistons are favored to meet in the Finals
Fact: The Pistons will win!

SenorSpur
04-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Bruno,

You're a good fella! The one thing I don't like a forums sometimes is the fact that people use assertions and not facts.

Definition of assertion: "a declaration that is made emphatically, often with no support or attempt at proof, (as if no supporting evidence were necessary)"

Fact: The Spurs have a good team
Fact: The Pistons have a good team
Fact: The Spurs and the Pistons are favored to meet in the Finals
Fact: The Pistons will win!

I was with you until your last point, which is more of an opinion.

Oh, Gee!!
04-11-2006, 11:13 AM
I doubt the spurs even get to the finals. How's that for a silver lining?

SenorSpur
04-11-2006, 11:17 AM
I doubt the spurs even get to the finals. How's that for a silver lining?

That's not a silver lining, that's a dark cloud.

The Spurs are still the best team in the west. That will certainly be proven out over the next several weeks.

It's Detroit that I'm concerned about.

anthologyct
04-11-2006, 11:22 AM
I was with you until your last point, which is more of an opinion.

I'm just trippin'! Of course I don't know if the Pistons will win or not.

I hope so. But I tell you this much. If we lose to any team, it would be an honor to lose to the Spurs. No shame in it.

I'm lookin' forward to this years finals. Provided its the Spurs vs. the Pistons, and it should be one of the great ones. The best finals since, uhmmmmmmmmm, last year!

SequSpur
04-11-2006, 11:22 AM
:lmao

SenorSpur
04-11-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm just trippin'! Of course I don't know if the Pistons will win or not.

I hope so. But I tell you this much. If we lose to any team, it would be an honor to lose to the Spurs. No shame in it.

I'm lookin' forward to this years finals. Provided its the Spurs vs. the Pistons, and it should be one of the great ones. The best finals since, uhmmmmmmmmm, last year!

I agree. Despite the national media predictions and the league's desire for "glamour teams", the Spurs/Pistons finals turned into one of the great championship series in recent years.

No doubt, a rematch would be another war of epic proportions. I hope it comes to pass.

SpurYank
04-11-2006, 11:44 AM
A rematch would be great for all die-hard basketball fans. Unfortunately, up here in the East everyone wants the Knicks, the Celtics, the 76ers or the Heat to always vie for the East and, of course, the Lakers for the West.

A Pistons/Spurs series would piss a lot people off up here.

I say let's do it.

anthologyct
04-11-2006, 11:50 AM
I agree. Despite the national media predictions and the league's desire for "glamour teams", the Spurs/Pistons finals turned into one of the great championship series in recent years.

No doubt, a rematch would be another war of epic proportions. I hope it comes to pass.

I recognize that one team has to lose ........... but regardless, it's good basketball at its very finest.

I think we'll win in 6 ............. but then again, I thought we'd win in 6 last year ........... shows how much I know. Gotta give Ms. Cleo a call.

Remember how you felt in the first 5 minutes of Game I? Detroit was worn out from the Miami series and tried to come out and throw a haymaker at the start to put the game away. Nice strategy; it lasted for 10 minutes, didn't work after that.

Remember how you felt after Game II headed into the Palace?

Remember how you felt after Game IV? Lemme guess ........ Oh shit, who woke up Ben Wallace?

Remember how you felt after Game V? I do; I was hurt.........I almost couldn't go to work the next day.

Remember how you felt after Game VI?

Remember how you felt goin' into the 4th Qtr of Game VII all tied up?

I know how you felt after Game VII, so I won't ask. And you can imagine how I felt.

SequSpur
04-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Spurs in Four Dude.

superfedja
04-11-2006, 12:38 PM
i know pistons have had success against west teams but what I'm trying to say is that they wouldn't have that good of a record if they would have to play as many games vs the west teams as the spurs do , spurs play 4 games a year vs teams like the grizzlies, phoenix, dallas, houston, sacremento,etc while the pistons only get 2 games against those teams and they get 4 games a year against the sixers, raptors, celtics, etc and the spurs get only 2 .... over a 82-game season that kind of schedule is gonna slow you down and I don't mind it cuz I know the spurs have had greater challenges so they will be ready for these playoffs cuz they are battle-tested.... and im not saying the pistons dont deserve HCA im just saying that if the spurs would have had that type of schedule they would have gotten it ... this is not a hate-pistons thread , I love the pistons , read and think before u speak

admack35
04-11-2006, 04:11 PM
I think the original poster is grasping for straws, he looks like he knows a good second place squad when he sees one.

Dunc
04-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Spurs in Four Dude.

Lol, I love this guy. Sequ always knows what to say to make me laugh :lol

slayermin
04-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Spurs in Four Dude.

It's possible. It's possible.

11-23-94 Hou 94 @ Orl 117
03-02-95 Hou 96 Orl 107

06-07-95 Hou 120 @ Orl 118
06-09-95 Hou 117 @ Orl 106
06-11-95 Hou 106 Orl 103
06-14-95 Hou 113 Orl 101

Dunc
04-11-2006, 05:08 PM
It's possible, yes. Likely? Lol. Anything is possible. And comparing this year's Pistons team to the 94-95 Magic is a bit of a stretch, wouldn't you say? These guys are playoff vets, and the Magic, with the exception of Horace Grant and a few role players, I believe, were not.

x0xbillupsx0x
04-11-2006, 05:11 PM
the fact your the nba champs should make you smile!not what happen in the regular season.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-11-2006, 05:11 PM
:rolleyes Damn rookies!

x0xbillupsx0x
04-11-2006, 05:16 PM
:rolleyes Damn rookies!
i'll pretend like you wasn't referring to me:P

slayermin
04-11-2006, 05:16 PM
It's possible, yes. Likely? Lol. Anything is possible. And comparing this year's Pistons team to the 94-95 Magic is a bit of a stretch, wouldn't you say? These guys are playoff vets, and the Magic, with the exception of Horace Grant and a few role players, I believe, were not.

I'm not comparing the Magic to the Pistons. But if you were going by regular season performance and record, the difference between the Magic and the Rockets in '95 is equal to or bigger than the difference between the Spurs and the Pistons this regular season.

Let's say the Spurs and Pistons do face each other in the Finals. The first two games in Detroit are going to be wars. The Pistons will be under a huge amount of pressure to protect homecourt. Game one might determine the winner of the series.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Or the first two games could be blowouts...

slayermin
04-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Or the first two games could be blowouts...

I seriously doubt that.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Why? In the last 9 games between SA and Detroit, 6 have been 15+ point wins...

Darrin
04-11-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm really looking forward to the matchup. I respect the Spurs more than any other team, and I would be disappointed if the Pistons won the Championship and didn't go up against their stiffest competition. Besides, if this becomes a recurring event, maybe people outside the purists will start watching these two teams .

Both teams have to get there first.

slayermin
04-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Why? In the last 9 games between SA and Detroit, 6 have been 15+ point wins...

I predict the play will be a continuation of games 5-7 from last year's Finals.

Darrin
04-11-2006, 06:06 PM
It's possible. It's possible.

11-23-94 Hou 94 @ Orl 117
03-02-95 Hou 96 Orl 107

06-07-95 Hou 120 @ Orl 118
06-09-95 Hou 117 @ Orl 106
06-11-95 Hou 106 Orl 103
06-14-95 Hou 113 Orl 101

I think there is one marked difference in that matchup, and that's experience. When a team wins 60 games, it guarantees nothing. The Suns last season and in 1993, the Pacers two years ago, the Celtics in Bird's rookie season, etc. But when a team with as much experience as the Pistons and Spurs win 60, it results in Championships. No team has the advantage in that area, and that's why it will be so tough to call, and I believe, a very close series.

The series as close at it is, I believe that's why homecourt will make a difference. Not because one team can't win on the other's floor. Both teams proved in last year's Finals that they can win when it counts on the other team's floor. But because it could be so close, it could be a flick of a wrist, a key possession that means the difference between a Championship and being the most tired team not to win the title. The Pistons have stacked the statistical probabilities in their favor, and that's all they can do in regular season.

And anyone searching for comfort in the majority of the Pistons opponents being scrubs forgets that the Pistons had the same schedule last season, lost more games than the Spurs, and took San Antonio to seven games. It's not about the opponents; it's about your team, how you're playing. This isn't college where you pick your opponents. All they did was play the teams infront of them each night.

slayermin
04-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Nice post, Darrin. The Pistons are significantly better than the '95 Magic. Championship teams should never be underestimated.