PDA

View Full Version : D12 rapper Proof shot dead this morning. :(

Please_dont_ban_me
04-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Just heard about it.

A second man was also shot, believed to be Bizzarre...also a D12 member (the big one, for those of you not familiar with the names. Proof is the one who had the gap tooth).

Sad, and unexpected. RIP

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1528386/20060411/d12.jhtml?headlines=true

midgetonadonkey
04-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Oh well.

Horry For 3!
04-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Don't really know who that is but that sucks.

I read that it is Eminem's best friends.

ALVAREZ6
04-11-2006, 10:45 AM
sucks for him.

Please_dont_ban_me
04-11-2006, 10:47 AM

He was his best man.

He recently released his own CD, finally started to be recognized in the industry. He had some nice lyrics, Bizzarre was the token overweight jolly black guy in the group. Both were decent people, I never really thought they were gang related. Shit happens, I guess.

ALVAREZ6
04-11-2006, 10:48 AM
He was his best man.

He recently released his own CD, finally started to be recognized in the industry. He had some nice lyrics, Bizzarre was the token overweight jolly black guy in the group. Both were decent people, I never really thought they were gang related. Shit happens, I guess.
oh ok.

Bizzarre was the huge guy...wasn't he on Celebrity Fit Club or some VH1 show???

ALVAREZ6
04-11-2006, 10:50 AM
http://www.eminem.com.br/fotos/d12/bizarre%20new2.jpg

MI21
04-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah, that's certainly fucked. Saw it a few hours ago.

Hope it doesn't turn out to be something involving other rappers, we don't need more decent ones dying.

RIP Proof.

Please_dont_ban_me
04-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Yeah, that's certainly fucked. Saw it a few hours ago.

Hope it doesn't turn out to be something involving other rappers, we don't need more decent ones dying.

RIP Proof.

Which is what I was thinking.

If it was gang/rap related, this feud isn't dying down anytime soon.

Pistons < Spurs
04-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Aww man that sucks. In the movie 8 mile, Mekhi Phifer's role was portraying Proof.

Damn shame.

Pistons < Spurs
04-11-2006, 10:57 AM

I don't know if this is part of something bigger, but Obie Trice was shot and wounded on New years also.

MI21
04-11-2006, 11:11 AM
I heard about Obie too. I like Obie, he wasn't popular but his debut Shady album was good stuff.

I'm not sure who D12 have got beef with. There is the whole Eminem/50 vs Ja, Benzino and all that crap, and there is Royce Da 5'9's beef with D12 so I dunno. I have a feeling this isn't related to another rapper.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-11-2006, 11:21 AM
I heard about Obie too. I like Obie, he wasn't popular but his debut Shady album was good stuff.

I'm not sure who D12 have got beef with. There is the whole Eminem/50 vs Ja, Benzino and all that crap, and there is Royce Da 5'9's beef with D12 so I dunno. I have a feeling this isn't related to another rapper.

Who doesn't have beef with 50 nowadays

midgetonadonkey
04-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Long live Eazy-E.

Fuck yeah. Only the greatest rappers die from banging too many chicks.

Please_dont_ban_me
04-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Seems like these guys have taken the marketing of gangster rap to far. I can see it now five jackasses with half a million in bling and a combined IQ of 128 sitting around trying to decide who to shot at next. I'm sure they're just leaving their mark on society. I have a hard time supporting this dumbification of a youth movement who loves all this boom boom bullshit. Long live Eazy-E.

Those people with a combined IQ of 128 are making millions.

Your college education and 9-5 job is makign you...

midgetonadonkey
04-11-2006, 11:44 AM
I'd rather be smart than rich.

Please_dont_ban_me
04-11-2006, 11:46 AM

Who would go through College, if it weren't for the money at the end of that line?

These guys skipped the middle steps, and are filthy rich. I'd love to be in there shoes.

Kori Ellis
04-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Fuck yeah. Only the greatest rappers die from banging too many chicks.

Or too many guys.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Too bad some will end up like M.C. Hammer

midgetonadonkey
04-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Who would go through College, if it weren't for the money at the end of that line?

These guys skipped the middle steps, and are filthy rich. I'd love to be in there shoes.

I did. I got an English degree because I enjoyed learning about literature. Most people with degrees in English do that because there is no money in teaching and there really isn't anything else you can do with that degree.

CubanMustGo
04-11-2006, 11:50 AM

I'd rather be smart and ALIVE than rich and dead.

ALVAREZ6
04-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Seems like these guys have taken the marketing of gangster rap to far. I can see it now five jackasses with half a million in bling and a combined IQ of 128 sitting around trying to decide who to shot at next. I'm sure they're just leaving their mark on society. I have a hard time supporting this dumbification of a youth movement who loves all this boom boom bullshit.
:tu

1Parker1
04-11-2006, 11:58 AM

I feel a new Emimen song coming............

Mixability
04-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Good Riddance!

- T Pork

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Well the article says it happened at a club that was open illegally at 5 am. Given that people get shot at places like that all the time for a variety of reasons I'll say that it probably wasn't rap related, and probably not gang related either. Just the end result of combining alcohol, firearms, and some the kinds of people that would be at a club at 5 in the morning.

Please_dont_ban_me
04-11-2006, 12:38 PM
First off they are making million because some white dude behind a desk knows another white dude who sells gangster shit to little white girls and boys fantasizing about big black rapping dicks. These dumb fucks didn't earn millions based on their intelect someone did it for them they just showed up. All the smartest most intelligent rappers are dead anyhow.

Second I don't have a college education because I couldn't afford one. I work 9-5 yes and my last years W-2 reads a little over 50k and should be over 60k next year. Not bad and I don't have to dodge bullets and AIDS.

Not to mention these guys are living on borrowed time and money. Look at what happened to Flav selling out because his 15 minutes and money are up.

First off, they're making millions because of suburban white kids, this is true. But, most of these rappers got started selling there own mix tapes out of there trunks of there cars...they would still gross over 100k a year. That's more than most people with a college education. So don't hate.

Second, good for you. But you're working your ass of, to make 60k a month. They probably have a watch for 60k. Not probably, they DO.

Borrowed time and money? Not sure if I know what you mean, but if you mean what I think you do...look at Dre, Snoop, Jay-z...just a few who made it big, adn are still big, and are getting bigger.

Please_dont_ban_me
04-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Where were the body guards?

How come they didn't shoot back? Two guys shot in the head, and not enough time to shoot back? Weird.

T-Pain
04-11-2006, 12:46 PM
holy shit, that sucks. another fallen rapper. now were gonna hear both these guys names in lyrics for awhile.

leemajors
04-11-2006, 12:48 PM
I did. I got an English degree because I enjoyed learning about literature. Most people with degrees in English do that because there is no money in teaching and there really isn't anything else you can do with that degree.

i have an english degree too! i had to get a job in the service industry, now i work at apple. it was nice taking classes i wanted to be at, though.

Dre_7
04-11-2006, 12:50 PM
First off, they're making millions because of suburban white kids, this is true. But, most of these rappers got started selling there own mix tapes out of there trunks of there cars...they would still gross over 100k a year. That's more than most people with a college education. So don't hate.

Not true. Underground rappers dont make 100k selling albums out of their cars. Where the hell did you get that from?? :lol

ALVAREZ6
04-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Not true. Underground rappers dont make 100k selling albums out of their cars. Where the hell did you get that from?? :lol
:lmao I have no idea where he got that.

There was a TV show about rappers and their videos. In most rap videos, all the shit they show aren't owned by the rappers at all...cars, watches, boats, jewelry...most of the shit isn't theirs. There are only a few exceptions like the big name guys like Jay-Z, 50, Snoop, etc.

Underground rappers don't make shit at all.

Mixability
04-11-2006, 01:03 PM

:tu it's true that underground albums can get you some nice cash, it's far from $100k. Since you have to do all the production, photo shoots, editing, in addition to getting the lyrics down and licensing, it's a big job to only get $10 a CD out of your trunk.

ALVAREZ6
04-11-2006, 01:05 PM
I feel a new Emimen song coming............
I'd put money on it.

T-Pain
04-11-2006, 01:07 PM
I'd put money on it.

and tattoos of these guys on him

KEDA
04-11-2006, 01:15 PM

Lil Flip made over 100k a year and was still in High School!

and yeah, thatwas when he was with Swisha House.

Matter of fact alot of the Swisha House rappers made alot of cash selling underground albums.

KEDA
04-11-2006, 01:27 PM
that was when Swisha House just started up like 97 or so

and I wouldnt consider Swisha House at that time any more representation then any other underground record label.

Now I would differ because they are the biggest "underground" label in the world.

but you still have to have talent to sell records basically on your own at a very young age. Flip has skill!

Messican Lover
04-11-2006, 01:32 PM
In reality -
A fool is one who believes that all women are ladies
A nigga is one who believes that all ladies are bitches,
And all bitches are created equal.
To me - all bitches are the same :
Money hungry scandlist groopy ho's that's always riding on a nigga's
dick.
Always in a nigga's pocket and when the nigga runs out of money
the bitch is gone in the wind.
To me :