PDA

View Full Version : Last year it was rasheed.. now horry?

ca®lo
04-11-2006, 12:45 PM
http://www.woai.com/sports/story.aspx?content_id=A41A4F12-5418-4430-8C44-72EB6B70A401

Bonehead Play of the Year? Spurs Fans Respond
LAST UPDATE: 3/29/2006 2:39:04 PM
Posted By: CyberBob
This story is available on your cell phone at mobile.woai.com.

Don's Extra Point
by Don Harris
News 4 WOAI

Was Robert Horry’s blunder the bonehead play of the year? Spurs fans fire back.

Was I too tough on Robert Horry and the Spurs? Monday night I called it “the bonehead play of the year.” Robert Horry was falling out of bounds in Seattle Sunday, and didn’t call a timeout. It cost the Spurs the game.

My comments generated a lot of feedback.

“You are so correct. It was a bonehead play,” said a Spurs Fan named Cheryl. “It looked even worse when Tony and Tim were standing there with their feet stuck in the mud. Not one Spur player yelled "timeout" nor came to help Robert. That was the saddest display of teamwork.”

“Robert Horry is a valuable asset to the San Antonio Spurs, and deserves the right to be imperfect,” said another Spurs fan named Melvin. “Let the record reflect that he has done the Spurs more good than harm. So lighten up on the ‘bonehead play of the year!’ That's how I see it!”

For the record, we love Big Shot Rob! He’s a great guy and a smart player. But that was a dumb play. The Spurs just can't give away games like that if they want the best record and home court advantage throughout the playoffs.

That's my point, email me yours at [email protected].

midgetonadonkey
04-11-2006, 12:52 PM
This game was just a regular season game. Rasheeds was in the Finals.

Rasheeds dumpshit play>>>>>>>Horry's dumbship play

bdubya
04-11-2006, 12:56 PM
So I guess everybody's gonna play perfectly in the playoffs. :rolleyes

Let Horry do the same thing in crunch time of a pivotal Finals game; then we can talk.

leemajors
04-11-2006, 01:03 PM
exactly, season is far from over. plenty of time for boneheaded plays!

Jimcs50
04-11-2006, 01:11 PM
It was boneheaded and selfish. Horry wanted to get foul called and shoot FTs to clinch game at FT line, instead of call timeout.

ca®lo
04-11-2006, 01:15 PM
in my opinion..

that so called "bonehead" play by horry only cost us a game.

what rasheed did was far worse. it cost em the championship.

CubanMustGo
04-11-2006, 01:19 PM
So why are we bothering to rehash something that Harris wrote LAST MONTH? :sleep

boutons_
04-11-2006, 01:21 PM
And Robert won't be there tonight to make up for his error.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-11-2006, 01:29 PM
One play didn't cost us the championship it was many plays that added up to a game seven loss.

angel_luv
04-11-2006, 01:35 PM
It was boneheaded and selfish. Horry wanted to get foul called and shoot FTs to clinch game at FT line, instead of call timeout.

I thought it was a costly lack of judgement on Rob's part but I doubt it was intentional.

And there were four other players who had the same mental lapse.

MoSpur
04-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Who gives a crap about Don says?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Who cares if he did, Horry gets a free pass for hitting the biggest shot in Spurs history.