PDA

View Full Version : reason billups deserves mvp!

x0xbillupsx0x
04-11-2006, 05:04 PM
being you are spurs fans and you know the concept of team playing and the way basketball was meant to be played i think some of you will agree with this!
people seem to confuse greatnesss with valubility and why we play the nba.

getting to the playoffs is kobe's award!same goes for lebron james they earned their award making the playoffs!
but being valuable is giving your team a huge advantage to winning a title with homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs!
dont get me wrong kobe is a great player but unfortunitly greatness doesn't mean your mvp!
theirs nothing more valuable then getting your team a huge shot at their 3rd straight finals and hosting a finals.
going from #2 seed in east to best overall record.
if kobe can be mvp for getting to the playoffs then so should AI,Brand,Arena's.
but this isn't about getting to the playoffs it's about valubility to their team and people play this game to get a ring in which billups led the pistons in a huge advantage to do so!
and if you wanna say it's not fair because of who billups plays with then ask yourself who gets the ball when the game is on the line and the answer is billups and he has 7 winning shots to prove it(take those away and what do you have?not the best record in the nba!)not counting games where he has completly took over games in the 4th(example) the recently national converage game against the suns!and if you wanna say he has off nights let it be known most of billups pts come in crunch time where he takes over games cause of his abilty to hit 3's assist and hit free throws down the stretch of close games!he is guanteed to get at least 10+assist a night,i'll take 22 pts 10+ assist and a win anyday.and clearly his hard team work had paid off!

CharlieMac
04-11-2006, 05:09 PM
I don't like the grammar or punctuation in your post, but I argree that Billups should be heavily considered.

CubanMustGo
04-11-2006, 05:09 PM
:wrongf NBA Forum

Dunc
04-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Lol, Eriks, we are of one mind here.

sa_butta
04-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Do you really think he would get it with the team that surrounds him?
Hamilton, Wallace, Wallace, and Prince.
I dont know that he would be most valuable to his team as opposed to Lebron or Kobe is to theirs.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-11-2006, 05:13 PM
:rolleyes Damn rookies!

SAGambler
04-11-2006, 05:13 PM
I think CB should get a lot of consideration.

That being said, I said a few weeks back though, that anyone not named Bryant or Nash could forget it.

And especially after some of the lobbying for Bryant that I have seen.

First, Shaun, yeah, our Shaun, says the MVP should come from a team with a winning record, and then five minutes later makes the case for Kobe, because without him, his team wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Well, I think the same argument could be made for Lebron James or Elton Brand then, if that's the measuring stick.

But I like the first argument...That it should at least be from a team with a winning record. IMO from no more than the best 8 records in the league.

TDMVPDPOY
04-11-2006, 05:14 PM
chuck norris is goin to round house kick ur head in, use paragraphs next time

Pistons < Spurs
04-11-2006, 05:19 PM
No reason this couldn't have been done in the MVP thread as opposed to creating a new one........

Chauncey will have to do something special in the remaining 5 games in order to win.

As he is my favorite player, I'd love for him to win, and secretly cross my fingers hoping so.

But there really is no clear cut winner. Everyone has their own criteria when judging. People are more likely to see 'regional' players more often than players who play in a different conference. Too many variables to say who will win it.

Yes Chauncey deserves consideration.......but even I am not sure he deserves to win it.

I suspect it will be Dirk or Kobe.

And if so, I can't argue it. There are many deserving players.

But if Chauncey doesn't win it....hopefully that will propel him to explode in the Playoffs, and win another Finals MVP to go w/ his second ring! :spin

DDS4
04-11-2006, 05:23 PM
That was hard to read.

Stay in school kids.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Billups definitely deserves consideration. He has the confidence and ability to be a real game changer.

Kobe is a great scorer, but I just can't ever see him being the "most valuable player" for the Lakers. No matter how talented he is he can't avoid the blame for running Shaq out of LA and breaking up the Laker dynasty. MVP is supposed to help your team, not hurt it.

x0xbillupsx0x
04-11-2006, 05:45 PM
i'm sorry guys for my bad typing,
and if it was in the wrong place again i'm sorry.
thanks most of you for not being hateful.

ZStomp
04-11-2006, 05:48 PM
I see you got the new SLAM magazine..

Rummpd
04-11-2006, 06:05 PM
No disrepect but Billups has done no more than Parker for the Spurs this year and Parker carried a team with two hobbled stars and has more incredible historical PG achievements, unreal FG% and points in paint.

Hard to pick a MVP on a stacked team that has not lost a starter to a game other than R. Wallace (who may well be the real MVP of the Pistons) this year.

Dirk or James (most likely) will win the MVP so it is academic unless Nash turns Suns around again and they win out.

James hitting the winner last night vs NOK may well have clinched the MVP and he is not a bad choice.

TDMVPDPOY
04-11-2006, 06:10 PM
im still awake doin a paper, and u made me read this shit, im barely opennin one eye while writin up this post and assignment!

Vinnie_Johnson
04-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Billups is good having a great year but he is not The MVP. He may be The Finals MVP if things break the right way.

Rummpd
04-11-2006, 06:13 PM
As someone who pulled all nighters in medical school, 2 residencies, and still does on medical work = suck it up!

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2006, 06:14 PM
No disrepect but Billups has done no more than Parker for the Spurs this year and Parker carried a team with two hobbled stars and has more incredible historical PG achievements, unreal FG% and points in paint.

Hard to pick a MVP on a stacked team that has not lost a starter to a game other than R. Wallace (who may well be the real MVP of the Pistons) this year.

Dirk or James (most likely) will win the MVP so it is academic unless Nash turns Suns around again and they win out.

James hitting the winner last night vs NOK may well have clinched the MVP and he is not a bad choice.

good call doc.

Rummpd
04-11-2006, 06:14 PM
"Billups is good having a great year but he is not The MVP. He may be The Finals MVP if things break the right way."

Or perhaps not = the stars are seemingly aligned for Manu to be the forgotten star and break out in the finals against a team that when on he can dominate!

Mr. Gold Medal and Euro MVP is due for a finals MVP!

ABDENOUR POWER
04-11-2006, 06:16 PM
I took one look at the punctuation and didn't even bother reading the post.

Frenchise player
04-11-2006, 06:21 PM
It's not even close to me, Lebron James is the clear mvp.
He has the better numbers: he scores just a little less than Kobe with a way better FG%, he has the all-aroud game of wade (7.1 rebounds, 6.7 assists), he can shoot behind the arc and played all the games.
He is on a winning team (on pace to win 50), he doesn't have Shaq. His four teamates would all be on Detroit's, Dallas or even Phoenix's bench (consedering that Hughes and even Ilgauskas were injured for some time).
I don't know if it's because people expect more from him, but IMO he's already the best and more valuable player in the league.
Maybee everybody is afraid to give him one now because he is only 21 and could win like 10 MVP's before declining.

Sportman
04-11-2006, 06:23 PM
I dont have a clear explanation why billups should be the mvp, i just can say that when i watch to play him, i enjoy and pistons seems to be happy with him because they have the best record. Besides he is at a moment when he knows when and where he has to do the right thing. Something similar is happening with DIRK, but dallas has not been so consistent as pistons has been.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2006, 06:28 PM
It's not even close to me, Lebron James is the clear mvp.
He has the better numbers: he scores just a little less than Kobe with a way better FG%, he has the all-aroud game of wade (7.1 rebounds, 6.7 assists), he can shoot behind the arc and played all the games.
He is on a winning team (on pace to win 50), he doesn't have Shaq. His four teamates would all be on Detroit's, Dallas or even Phoenix's bench (consedering that Hughes and even Ilgauskas were injured for some time).
I don't know if it's because people expect more from him, but IMO he's already the best and more valuable player in the league.
Maybee everybody is afraid to give him one now because he is only 21 and could win like 10 MVP's before declining.

You make a good point but are taking a few liberties with the facts. LeBron shoots only a slightly better FG% than Kobe...(+3.2%) and significantly worse at the line (-11.4 %)

Pistons < Spurs
04-11-2006, 06:32 PM
I really believe it's going to come down to the final week (5? 6? games remianing) of the season. Whichever of the candidates steps up those most in the biggest fashion, is gonna win.

Darrin
04-11-2006, 06:40 PM
I think that the winner of this debate gets 30% of the total vote. There's so many worthy candidates.

BTW, shouldn't this be in the NBA forum, and aren't there like 8 threads with 10 pages on this subject already?

nkdlunch
04-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I will not complain if Billups wins MVP.

I will complain if Lebron, Wade or Kobe win it.

Darrin
04-11-2006, 06:43 PM
I will not complain if Billups wins MVP.

I will complain if Lebron, Wade or Kobe win it.

I say Elton Brand splits the vote and takes home the hardware.

1Parker1
04-11-2006, 06:56 PM
That was hard to read.

Stay in school kids.

:lol :lol My thoughts exactly. I gave up after the first sentence. I thought maybe he was trying to write a poem about Chauncey or something.

JamStone
04-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Deserving consideration? Absolutely.

Deserves to win it? Nope, not ahead of LeBron, Kobe, Dirk, or Nash.

But, Chauncey is on the short list with Wade and Brand right behind those four.

x0xbillupsx0x
04-11-2006, 07:15 PM
:lol :lol My thoughts exactly. I gave up after the first sentence. I thought maybe he was trying to write a poem about Chauncey or something.
i'm sorry,i'm computer ileterate.
i wish the mod would delete this thread.
(giving your team a huge advantage to win a title is more valuable then anything lebron and kobe have done)

kobe and lebron gets awarded by getting in the playoffs!
billups should be mvp for giving his team a shot at a 3rd straight finals with HCA!
which could become huge if it ends up in a game 7 in detroit!

JamStone
04-11-2006, 07:32 PM
With other leading MVP candidates, it's not hard to agree that they are the most important player on their respective team ... with Steve Nash as a possible exception.

With Chauncey Billups, it's very arguable that he is not the most valuable player on his team.

Rummpd
04-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Word!

TDMVPDPOY
04-11-2006, 10:02 PM
the only reason those other guys have a shot at the mvp this season is because td is playin with pf.