PDA

View Full Version : Spurs opponents eliminated

Fabbs
04-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Of the next Spurs opponents games, both Orlando and Utah may be eliminated by the time the Spurs play them. (Orlando plays tonight, Utah has 2 road games prior).

They may both win and thus be fighting like mad :madrun vs the Spurs, or they may both lose.

Historically, when teams are eliminated near the end of the season, do they tank their remaining games? Or is it just the opposite, they are very relaxed and with nothing to lose actually play better?

I'm guessing it's a mixed bag but if anyone knows......

boutons_
04-12-2006, 11:43 AM
I don't know what's up with Magik, but they sure have come together in the last few weeks. If they don't blow up in the off-season and pick up in October where they are now, the should be in the playoffs easily next year, not that that is saying much for EC playoffs.

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2006, 11:46 AM
I don't know what's up with Magik, but they sure have come together in the last few weeks. If they don't blow up in the off-season and pick up in October where they are now, the should be in the playoffs easily next year, not that that is saying much for EC playoffs.

uhhh...notice who is missing from the Magic since they started playing better?

*hint*

The Knicks REALLY started to suck when this player was added.

Melmart1
04-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Utah would never tank a game, their coach wouldn't let them.

san antonio spurs
04-12-2006, 11:48 AM
that's what we said for golden state last year when they played pretty well to finish the season strong after trading for baron davis.
They started this season well too only to fail and go back to their poor play. I think orlando played well but can't do it consistantly
________
Live sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

FromWayDowntown
04-12-2006, 11:51 AM

Their run resembles the Warriors' run at the end of last season, though I think Orlando is better situated to build on this and improve into next season. They've got Howard, who is going to be a stud (if he isn't already) and Darko, who appears to be showing the promise that got him drafted above Carmelo. Much easier to sustain improvement with good bigs.

Trifecta
04-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Dare I say do not take the magic lightly -- they have been playing well of late.

We just need to be aware of playing "down" to the competition!

I would love to continue to give MANU some rest!

Hopefully GS can continue to be a "thorn" in Dallas' side tonight as well as Phoenix can come through against the Mavs tomorrow.

Darrin
04-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Of the next Spurs opponents games, both Orlando and Utah may be eliminated by the time the Spurs play them. (Orlando plays tonight, Utah has 2 road games prior).

They may both win and thus be fighting like mad :madrun vs the Spurs, or they may both lose.

Historically, when teams are eliminated near the end of the season, do they tank their remaining games? Or is it just the opposite, they are very relaxed and with nothing to lose actually play better?

I'm guessing it's a mixed bag but if anyone knows......

In the case of the Magic I think they are not going to stop playing as hard. They are playing for next season right now. The team is chasing the playoffs because it is establishing a winning mentality for next season, not because they actually think they can make it.

They have yet to lose in the month of April (Milwaukee, Detroit, Miami, and Atlanta). Overall, they have won 13 of their last 15 games. This team is growing up. Eliminated or not, they will play the Spurs as hard as they can. I doubt that a team playing that hot is going to lose to the Toronto Raptors who themselves are on a back-to-back.

Fabbs
04-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Good points.
Orlando and Utah will be playing hard irregardless.

We caught a break with both MN and Houston with KG and Yao-Mac out.
Wouldn't that suck if we went to sleep on them. :lol :depressed

Okay time to contiue roll. Great game last night vs Sonics.

smeagol
04-12-2006, 12:18 PM
uhhh...notice who is missing from the Magic since they started playing better?

*hint*

The Knicks REALLY started to suck when this player was added.
Jim's favorite player ? :lol