Reliever
AL: Francisco Rodriguez
NL: Brad Lidge

Manager
AL: Buck Showalter
NL: Bobby Cox

Jimcs50
10-04-2004, 08:59 AM
Pujols or Beltre should get the MVP over asshole...other than that I agree with all the other picks.

whottt
10-04-2004, 09:51 AM
MVP
AL: Man Ram

NL: Name the award after Barry Bonds and give it to Pujols.

Cy Young
AL: Schilling, MLB owes him for previous seasons as well.

NL: Change it's name to the Roger Clemens award and give it to Oswalt.

Rookies: Same as yours.

Rolaids Award
AL: Mariano Rivera(trust me on this, he deserves it more than Cordero)
NL: Agree with your selection.

MOY
AL: Showalter, he's amazing. The Rangers now need to fire him so his replacement can take this team to the WS next year.

NL: Tony LaWussa

Jimcs50
10-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Whottt, you can not tell me that with Atlanta's player exodus this last year, that Cox does not finally get the award. Not one single scribe picked Atlanta to win its 14th straight division title this year. Almost everyone piked Florida or Philly....Bobby deserves it this year. In years past they never gave it to him because they always said, with thestaff that they have anyone can win, but this year showed that Cox can manage his ass off. The Cardinals have the best offensive players in baseball in their line up, there is no way that Tony deserves it.

Jimcs50
10-04-2004, 09:57 AM
And as much as I would like it, Schilling will not beat out Santana who was dominant as anyone in history this year.

whottt
10-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Ok, change it's name to the Tony LaWussa award and give it to Bobby Cox then.

All I know is that the Cardinals kicked the crap out of every one this year(I know cept for the lastros), will win the WS this year, and that having the best offensive players in MLB doesn't gurantee you a winning record(sincerely, the Texas Rangers from 1991-2003).

whottt
10-04-2004, 10:11 AM
Whatever, it's not like he won the triple crown(and why didn't he?)... Schilling pitched more innings, played in a tougher division, and had more CG's. And if you don't give it to Schilling this year you might never have another chance to give him one....thus diminishing the award, not Schilling.

Plus, in a big game, I'm gonna take Schilling over Sanatana 9 out of 10 times. As I said earlier, I choose Schilling because it's pretty much a joke that he hasn't won the award by now.

Jimcs50
10-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Damn, you acquiesce so easily??? That is a first. :)

whottt
10-04-2004, 10:15 AM
LOL, I only argue till the death when I know I am right and others are wrong...Your points on MOY are right...and it could deservedly go to either...Cox has won the award before though...

Jimcs50
10-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Yes, he won it once, a token win when there were no other viable candidates.

It is good to see that you are mellowing out a bit in your old age, just as I am. :)

T Park
10-04-2004, 06:47 PM
AL MVP Vladamir Guerrero
NL MVP Adrienne Beltre

CY Young

AL Johan Santanna
NL Roger Clemens

ROY
AL BJ Upton TB (just to fuck with you guys)
NL Jason Bay

Rolaids reliever of the year,

AL Troy Percival

NL Jason Isringhausen (look at the numeros for saves thank ya)

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-04-2004, 08:46 PM
AL MVP - Gary Sheffield
NL MVP - Barry Bonds (sadly) - Should be Beltre

AL Cy Young - Curt Schilling, although Santana is equally deserving
NL Cy Young - Roy Oswalt

AL Reliever - Mariano Rivera, although Cordero is equally deserving
NL Reliever - Armando Benitez

Duff McCartney
10-04-2004, 08:56 PM
MVP
AL: Gary Sheffield
NL: Barry Bonds

Cy Young
AL: Johan Santana
NL: Roger Clemens

Spurminator
10-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Saves are overrated. Brad Lidge set a new record for strikeouts by a reliever, has the best ERA of any reliever in the NL besides Benitez, and pitched more innings than any other closer.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-04-2004, 11:03 PM
I've re-thought my position.

Got to go with Lidge.

What were the Astros biggest problem prior to their big streak? They couldn't hold a lead for their lives.

Lidge did what Weathers and Dotel couldn't. He's the reliever of the year.

timvp
10-05-2004, 12:03 AM
If Bonds doesn't win the NL MVP, they should just discontinue baseball.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-05-2004, 07:30 AM
Actually, LJ, the Giants not making the playoffs might hurt Bonds just enough to let Beltre squeak by.

I liked the analogy I heard about Bonds & the Giants and Beltre & the Dodgers.

If the Dodgers didn't have Beltre this year, they'd be third - maybe fourth - in the NL West.

If the Giants didn't have Bonds this year, they'd be second or third - in Triple A.

Spurminator
10-05-2004, 08:48 AM
I agree it might hurt, but only because some voters are retarded. The Giants were in the hunt for the division title until the second to last game of the year. The Dodgers won the West by a game... and there ain't no way in hell one game makes up the individual difference between Bonds and Beltre.

samikeyp
10-05-2004, 06:12 PM
MVP
AL: Manny Ramirez
NL: Adrian Beltre

Cy Young
AL: Johan Santana
NL: Roger Clemens

Rookie
AL: Lew Ford
NL: Jason Bay

Reliever
AL: Francisco Rodriguez
NL: Brad Lidge

Manager
AL: Buck Showalter
NL: Phil Garner

King
10-05-2004, 06:28 PM
Most of my picks are the same, but..

ROY:
AL: Bobby Crosby
NL: Khalil Greene

whottt
10-06-2004, 07:05 AM
I agree it might hurt, but only because some voters are retarded. The Giants were in the hunt for the division title until the second to last game of the year. The Dodgers won the West by a game... and there ain't no way in hell one game makes up the individual difference between Bonds and Beltre.

You guys are overlooking Pujols...Bonds probably will get the award, just like Sanatana probably will get the Cy...but Pujols has a strong case by way of being clearly the best player, on the the team with the best record. Pujols finished in the top 5 in RBI, HR and BA just like Beltre. Pujols has a very strong case for the award and I don't think it would be a huge slight if he gets the award instead of Bonds getting his 7th. Bonds is clearly in a league of his own...but Pujols team had much more success. Players who were the best on the best team have always done well in MVP voting.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Bump.

samikeyp
11-11-2004, 01:31 AM
well...at least I got Showalter right! :p

Jimcs50
11-11-2004, 08:53 AM
I only missed 1 so far. :smokin

Jimcs50
11-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Whottt, you can not tell me that with Atlanta's player exodus this last year, that Cox does not finally get the award. Not one single scribe picked Atlanta to win its 14th straight division title this year. Almost everyone piked Florida or Philly....Bobby deserves it this year. In years past they never gave it to him because they always said, with thestaff that they have anyone can win, but this year showed that Cox can manage his ass off. The Cardinals have the best offensive players in baseball in their line up, there is no way that Tony deserves it.

I told you so Whottt. :spin

Jimcs50
11-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Santana wins the AL Cy Young, as expected.

Spurminator
11-11-2004, 05:00 PM
You're going to be wrong on Bonds though.

Jimcs50
11-12-2004, 09:52 AM
You're going to be wrong on Bonds though.

Probably, but I still say Pujols should win it. He has 10000000x the amt of class that Barry has, and I say good guys can finish 1st sometimes. :king

atlfan25
11-14-2004, 01:29 AM
pujols will get his share of mvp's no doubt. bonds only has a couple more years and after that it will become the pujols award

dcole50
11-14-2004, 03:51 PM
i'm just glad cox won the manager of the year award. he did so much with so little talent.