PDA

View Full Version : Barry is the best....

2centsworth
04-12-2006, 02:27 PM
backup point guard on the team. He played a lot of point in Seattle and averaged I think 7asst per game. He showed in the finals last year he can play that position in big games. Playing point allows him to be creative.

He's an above average passer, good ballhandler, has length to defend, has good speed, and creates very good spacing on the floor.

He's by far IMO better than Beno and this years version of Nick Van Exel.

SenorSpur
04-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Agree wholeheartedly. I like the way he gets the ball upcourt in transition and looks for guys streaking to the hoop. At this point, The Spurs would do well to "selectively" try and get some easy transition baskets.

thispego
04-12-2006, 02:34 PM
<------------------
precisely

thispego
04-12-2006, 02:35 PM
http://i2.tinypic.com/v8l9xl.jpg

thispego
04-12-2006, 02:36 PM
http://i2.tinypic.com/v8lc09.jpg

boutons_
04-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Brent has the opposite of Nick's problem of shooting bad, and shooting early. I prefer more caution in the playoffs. Shots and possessions are precious.

Brent seems to be more relaxed and aggressive with his shots and playmaking since the trade scare. He also was the first backcourt backup in last playoffs, just as Robert was for the frontcourt, effectively a 7-man rotation.

I bet Pop is giving Nick every chance to continue to find his role, to see if Nick can really break into the 7-man playoff rotation, but when push comes to shove in these playoffs, he'll go with Brent like last playoffs.

BigVee
04-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Brent has the opposite of Nick's problem of shooting bad, and shooting early. I prefer more caution in the playoffs. Shots and possessions are precious.

Brent seems to be more relaxed and aggressive with his shots and playmaking since the trade scare. He also was the first backcourt backup in last playoffs, just as Robert was for the frontcourt, effectively a 7-man rotation.

I bet Pop is giving Nick every chance to continue to find his role, to see if Nick can really break into the 7-man playoff rotation, but when push comes to shove in these playoffs, he'll go with Brent like last playoffs.

So you think it will be an 8 man rotation in the playoffs? Horry and Finley and Barry?

Sportman
04-12-2006, 02:58 PM
What i like about this guy is that he is so smart, he is not maybe so confidence at times but you can see that he is smart for watching the game and he knows what the team needs at that moment.

SenorSpur
04-12-2006, 03:07 PM
So you think it will be an 8 man rotation in the playoffs? Horry and Finley and Barry?

Pop will find a way to get NVE minutes, his health notwithstanding. After all, that's why he was brought here - for the playoffs.

kskonn
04-12-2006, 03:18 PM

Yea i do. I think Barry will see a mix of backup minutes at the SG and PG spot. Finley will see the majority of the backup minutes at the SF and SG.

Although I have to say the lineup Pop ran with Barry at point , finley at SF and VanEx at SG was pretty awesome. barry was finding a very wide open finley most of the time.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Pop will find a way to get NVE minutes, his health notwithstanding. After all, that's why he was brought here - for the playoffs.

No way do the Spurs go to a 8 man rotation, especially when TD and Manu are banged up.

Rasho, NVE and probably Beno will all be part of the rotation

kskonn
04-12-2006, 04:13 PM
No way do the Spurs go to a 8 man rotation, especially when TD and Manu are banged up.

Rasho, NVE and probably Beno will all be part of the rotation

Personally I don't think that Beno will see much time at all in the playoffs. Rasho will only see minutes if we end up playing the heat. NVE will see some time if he comes around with his game soon.

But finley and Barry will suck up a lot of the minutes. also Horry will be back.