PDA

View Full Version : what were the most negative and positive aspects this season?

Sportman
04-12-2006, 05:07 PM
This season has been another great season for spurs. Parker without a doubt has been the MVP of this team while manu and tim have had to struggle with injuries. Nevertheless, i think some fanatics have been very hard this year and despite having a GREAT record some people still dont believe in this team. Personally, i think the negative aspects this season were the injuries and losing games in bad moments when pistons had lost. And the positive aspects were the excellent performance of tony parker, and how michael finley and brent barry have improved their game coming from the bench.

what do you think?

BigVee
04-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Check back in 2 months.

SenorSpur
04-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Positives - 60+ win season; Parker's maturation; Finley integration; Barry's improvement; and positive signs from the bench (Marks, Beno, Rasho)

Negatives - Injuries to Tim and Manu; Weak rebounding; Shortage of athleticism; cracks in the defense (#3 overall rank in FG% defense at this time); two blowout losses to the Pistons

aaronstampler
04-12-2006, 06:06 PM
I think this team could have challenged the '96 Bulls if they wre as healthy as the Pistons. Couldashouldawoulda I guess.

But I'm happy that our bench has made strides and as much shit as I give him, TP has really played well most of the games. He's been our MVP.

I'm gonna go into the postseason optimistically and with an open mind, but no matter what happens, I won't be upset. Nobody will ever take away last year's playoffs from me.

Sportman
04-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Check back in 2 months.

I am talking about the season and not the post-season.

phyzik
04-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Postives = http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tony_parker/

Negatives = http://heelspurs.com/index.html

that is all.......

boutons_
04-12-2006, 09:31 PM
positives:

Tony's amazing, veritable "another level"

Tony's coaches' All-Star selection at 23.

Tony assuming full responsiblity, successfully, for carrying the team.

overall record

game-changing impact of Michael in his first season

Brent responding to trade scare

Beno clearly improved.

negatives:

injuries (Tim, Manu)

Horrible B2B record not completely attributable to injuries,

injuries (Tim, Manu)

Not playing like Champions in the first half of the season, and not in SPAM-time.

injuries (Tim, Manu)

Blowouts. Nobody should blowout the intact defending Champions,
certainly not multiple blowouts.

injuries (Tim, Manu)

dropoff in rankings of team stats vs previous season

injuries (Tim, Manu)

Weakness in front court (Nazr, Rasho)

injuries (Tim, Manu)

General disappointment in failing to have a very special, extremely successful season with near-70 Ws and not being dominant favorite to repeat (Pop's goal) going into the playoffs.

injuries (Tim, Manu)