PDA

View Full Version : Spurs On Rodney Rogers' Wish List

gaze10
07-30-2004, 02:51 AM
According to a report in the Sun-Sentinel newspaper, if the Miami Heat grow impatient in its pursuit of free-agent power forward Karl Malone, Rodney Rogers may become their primary target. According to his agent, James Williams, San Antonio and Maimi are atop his wish list of destinations for next season.

Like the Heat, the Spurs are also waiting for a decision from Malone.

Since leaving Boston for New Jersey, he has been slowed by injuries and weight. Rogers is not known as a tenacious rebounder, but his ability to float on the perimeter can pull big men away from the basket- leaving someone like Duncan plenty of operating room.

What do you reckon???

TacoBeer
07-30-2004, 10:59 AM
He can still hit the 3's and he's a widebody

SpursFanInAustin
07-30-2004, 11:08 AM
Seemed like Rogers always buried the Spurs with his long range shooting when he was with the Suns. He was a tough matchup for Duncan to guard at the 3-pt line and a tough cover when he was used as a small forward to use his size to post up smaller 3s. If Rogers wants to come here, then by all means sign him up. Seems like Horry doesn't want to be back in SA for the minimum.

ZStomp
07-30-2004, 11:15 AM
He would be a nice acquisition but is he willing to play for the minimum?

Tommy Duncan
07-30-2004, 11:25 AM
He would be an ideal replacement for Horry, given the similarities in their games. I will say that given Rogers' bulk he should be a little more effective inside. If the Spurs add both Rogers and Massenburg then they will have done well in fleshing out their 4/5 rotation.

If they could get both of these guys for the minimum that would be very nice.

texbound
07-30-2004, 05:17 PM
If the Spurs add both Rogers and Massenburg then they will have done well in fleshing out their 4/5 rotation.

If they could get both of these guys for the minimum that would be very nice.

I agree. This would be a very good and deep team. A good compliment of inside scoring/rebounding (Duncan, Rasho, Massenburg/Rose), outside shooting (Barry, Bowen, Rogers) and slashing/midrange shooting (Parker, Manu, Brown, Beno). Very nice indeed. Make it happen RC.

PG: Parker/Beno
SG: Manu/Barry
SF: Bowen/D.Brown/R.Rogers
PF: Duncan/Rose
C: Rasho/Massenburg/Willis (assuming he will be re-signed)

IR: N.Felix/Sato/?

ChumpDumper
07-30-2004, 07:45 PM
These guys are fine, but I also want another shotblocker.

Even Felix would block shots better than Massenburg and Rogers.

Yet another reason to pick the guy up.

ChumpDumper
07-30-2004, 07:58 PM
BTW, a certain reporter from a certain other board was saying the Spurs were looking at foreigners for their long SF.

Maybe Antonis Fotsis is ready for another go round?

Who do you think it might be?

SequSpur
07-30-2004, 08:02 PM
I heard there is a Cajun out there named Kevin Primeaux that they are considering for the back up point guard position.

ChumpDumper
07-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Nevermind -- Fotsis has 2 years left on his Real Madrid deal.

I wonder who then....

Whottt
07-30-2004, 09:25 PM
I think the only thing on Rogers wish list is more food to stick in his face.

This guy sucks.

ChumpDumper
07-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Well, all his season highs were higher than Horry's. I guess at worst he proved he could play more minutes than Horry during the regular season and suck as bad in the playoffs.

ShoogarBear
07-31-2004, 07:37 PM
The major difference between Rogers and Horry is defense.

Rogers plays none worth mentioning.

timvp
07-31-2004, 07:51 PM
I'm not a big Rodney Rogers fan. He doesn't play defense and doesn't rebound. If he is logging any type of regular minutes for the Spurs next year, they're toast.

Long Euro small forward?

How about Ipullthisstuff Outmyassivich?

:smokin2

P.S.

I haven't heard any 3 options. Kukoc might be a possibility.

Is Linton Johnson available?

:wink

Das Texan
07-31-2004, 11:32 PM
i pass.

i'd rather go small at the 3 than bring in rodney rogers.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-01-2004, 01:02 AM
It looks like everyone forgot that despite all his offensive short comings, Pop's a pretty good defensive coach.

timvp
08-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Is Linton Johnson available?

:wink

I don't mean to brag but that was July 31st.

:smokin2

IcemanCometh
08-27-2004, 08:45 PM
timvp is ever so smart

T Park Num 9
08-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Bump for Timvp's genius....:hat

Mijo
08-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Bump for Tpark's brown nose.

SAmikeyp
08-28-2004, 02:59 AM