PDA

View Full Version : Is it better conference of better division?

efrem1
04-13-2006, 01:32 AM
Here is an excerpt from tonight's story on the DAL-GS game:

"And the Spurs are likely to finish with the better conference record, the tiebreaker if the clubs finish with the same overall record. That means Dallas probably will be the No. 4 seed in the West despite its impressive play all season, opening against the tough Clippers or Grizzlies before a probable second-round meeting with the Spurs."

Is it the better conference record after all?

Kori Ellis
04-13-2006, 01:34 AM
I posted the answer in this thread earlier today:
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38240

efrem1
04-13-2006, 01:36 AM
Thanx Kori.

Jimcs50
04-13-2006, 08:47 AM
I told you guys that it is division record as first tiebreaker, a month ago, and most of you said it was conference record. I knew I was right, all along.

So Spurs have to finish 1 game ahead of Dallas to win tiebreaker, afterall, (Dallas has a 13-3 record to SA's 12-3 record) as Dallas has tiebreaker advantage.

The Houston game might be a big game afterall, if SA loses at Minn or tonight against a hot Magic team.

travis2
04-13-2006, 08:52 AM
I told you guys that it is division record as first tiebreaker, a month ago, and most of you said it was conference record. I knew I was right, all along.

So Spurs have to finish 1 game ahead of Dallas to win tiebreaker, afterall, (Dallas has a 13-3 record to SA's 12-3 record) as Dallas has tiebreaker advantage.

The Houston game might be a big game afterall, if SA loses at Minn or tonight against a hot Magic team.

No, if SA wins at Houston, SA and Dallas can be tied. Dallas and SA will both be at 13-3 in the division, so next tiebreaker (conference) comes into play. I believe the Spurs are already guaranteed a better conference record.

SAGambler
04-13-2006, 09:11 AM

Actually, the Spurs can finish with the SAME record as Dallas, as long as they beat Houston, which would give them the same division record, and then would go to conference record, where the Spurs own the tiebreaker.