PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, Orlando won again Wednesday...

Solid D
04-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Time to D-up!

:fro

Solid D
04-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Let's not get all warm and squishy because Golden State beat Dallas and whatnot.

Time to get up into this cat. He likes to shoot 3s. (7th in the NBA in 3-pt. FG% .431)

http://www.nba.com/media/magic/nelson_140_050724.jpg

FreshPrince22
04-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Time to D-up!

:fro

Darko will own Duncan. :lol

Darrin
04-13-2006, 01:51 AM
Darko may own Rasho not Duncan, but watch out for that David Robinson clone in Dwight Howard. This is a tougher team, the toughest team left on the Spurs schedule. You're lucky to catch them on a back-to-back where they have the travel from Toronto.

J.T.
04-13-2006, 01:54 AM
The Spurs will handle these scrubs much like they handled Ray and the Seattle SuperBabies. Hopefully Manu sucks it up and plays, but if Barry keeps playing like he did against SEA then I'm not too worried about Manu.

Obstructed_View
04-13-2006, 01:56 AM
one, four, who gives a shit? Just stay healthy.

Darrin
04-13-2006, 02:05 AM
The Spurs will handle these scrubs much like they handled Ray and the Seattle SuperBabies.

14-2 in last 16. They aren't scrubs, they just are in too big of a hole to dig out of. It's the attitude this will be "easy" that I think is a dangerous one for the Spurs. They've beat the Pistons and Heat within the last week.

J.T.
04-13-2006, 02:39 AM
We'll see tomorrow then. But when Orlando loses, they will be just another victim of the Spurs who thought they could run with the big boys and got skunked. Oh, it'll be a good game for sure, but the Spurs can put them away no problem if they bring their A game.

Darrin
04-13-2006, 03:14 AM
We'll see tomorrow then. But when Orlando loses, they will be just another victim of the Spurs who thought they could run with the big boys and got skunked. Oh, it'll be a good game for sure, but the Spurs can put them away no problem if they bring their A game.

Then it won't be like that Sonics game and that is all I was saying.

Kori Ellis
04-13-2006, 03:17 AM
Orlando has been playing really well. It will be good to see DHoward.

But the Spurs know what time it is.

Spurs by 12-15 points. (Unless both Manu and Tony don't play :wow)

HeyIt'sMe
04-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Tell Timmy D to take it easy on my boy Dwight. Every time we face you guys, Howard shoots about 15% from the floor.

ploto
04-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Darko may own Rasho not Duncan, but watch out for that David Robinson clone in Dwight Howard. This is a tougher team, the toughest team left on the Spurs schedule. You're lucky to catch them on a back-to-back where they have the travel from Toronto.

Actually the person Darko will own is Nazr-- just how many of Nazr's shots will Darko block??

I hope to see Rasho and Darko against each other- they're friends so that is always fun. I'm hoping Manu can play, too, so I can watch him and Hedo go at it. Lotta' love at that game tonight. :)

anthologyct
04-13-2006, 09:43 AM
one, four, who gives a shit? Just stay healthy.

Yes sir! Spurs don't need homecourt. You'll beat the Mavs in 6 games regardless. Your gym, their gym, YMCA, or Dirk's driveway ........ Spurs are goin' to the Finals.

I've already said how much I respect the Spurs on previous threads. I feel you guys are worthy Champs. I want you guys to be very well rested. And I'll be rooting for you to make it to the Finals.

Then ................. It's on!

You guys have a good team ............ The Pistons have a good team.

Damn I can't wait!

angel_luv
04-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Orlando has been playing really well. It will be good to see DHoward.But the Spurs know what time it is.

Spurs by 12-15 points. (Unless both Manu and Tony don't play :wow)

and Hedo! :fro

FromWayDowntown
04-13-2006, 11:01 AM
I really like what the Magic have done. They've got a ton of kids who can play. They've got 2 bigs who were the #1 overall and #2 overall picks in their respective drafts. And they're going to have a boatload of cap room in the near future to make a run at a great wing player. They are poster children for addition by subtraction.

This game is going to be a real bitch for the Spurs. They need to play with great focus and intensity. It would make Orlando's season to add a road win over the Champs to their late run.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2006, 12:44 PM
It's going to be a tough game, Orlando is playing as well as anyone in the league right now. Orlando is going to be playing hungry and with a chip on its shoulder, much like Golden State played against _allas last night.

Phenomanul
04-13-2006, 03:09 PM
hmmm I wonder what would happen if we let Orlando beat us so that they can have a chance at obtaining the 8th seed in the East....

They've been playing well of late and with a 'win' over the Spurs they would gain enough confidence to give the Pistons some trouble in their first round match-up. (Especially if Ben goes on another childish rant during that series :lol )...

I'd rather the Pistons have a tougher road to the Finals before facing a the Spurs....and if that includes not breezing by the first round against the Sixers or the Bulls... I'd take it. Orlando would enter the playoffs having some momentum and possibly take that series to 6 since they can matchup better against Detroit than the Sixers or the Bulls (despite Nocioni's play of late).

Just a thought...

1Parker1
04-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Important Matchup: Jameer Nelson vs. Tony Parker. Nelson has been playing great during Orlando's recent run. I believe he scored 27 points last game. (Go Local Philly boy! by the way:)) It'll be fun to watch and him and Tony go at it. Both are young, offensive minded PG's.

ducks
04-13-2006, 03:31 PM
is parker questionable?

CubanMustGo
04-13-2006, 03:32 PM
There are two teams three games ahead of Orlando. No way they are going to beat both of them even if they win out.

1Parker1
04-13-2006, 03:40 PM
is parker questionable?

What happened? His flu? Damn, this will be a tough game if we don't have Parker or Manu...

Phenomanul
04-13-2006, 05:19 PM
There are two teams three games ahead of Orlando. No way they are going to beat both of them even if they win out.

Current 8th seed:
Chicago at 37-41
next is:
Philadelphia at 37-41 (Chi-town owns the tie-breaker)
next is:
Orlando at 34-44

Orlando's Schedule...

at SAS
vs Phi
vs Chi
at Ind

If we help them out Orlando can finish their schedule 4-0 and end up with a 38-44 overall record.

Philly's Schedule...

at Mia
at Orl
vs NJ
at Cha

If they go 1-3 Orlando can enter as explained below.

Chicago's Schedule...

vs Was
at Mia
at Orl
vs Tor

If they go 1-3 Orlando can enter as explained below.

Orlando is 2-1 against Philly this year and 1-2 against Chicago.
Chicago currently owns the head-to-head tie-breaker against both Philadelphia and Orlando, but if the Magic win against Chicago (needed anyways to beat them out on overall record) they would hold the tie-breaker against both teams (Orlando would have a better Divisional record than either Philly or Chicago)....

All this says is:
If we help the Magic tonight... we might actually be helping ourselves by making Detroit's run to the finals a bit tougher.... (though not guaranteed).

Phenomanul
04-13-2006, 05:22 PM
None of this of course ^^^ is possible if the Magic lose tonight.

ZStomp
04-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Let's not get all warm and squishy because Golden State beat Dallas and whatnot.

Time to get up into this cat. He likes to shoot 3s. (7th in the NBA in 3-pt. FG% .431)

http://www.nba.com/media/magic/nelson_140_050724.jpg

I just realized Dallas lost last night.

Cool.
Come on SPurs..don't fuk this up!

Darrin
04-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the loss. The Pistons just clinched homecourt throughout. One more step on "Saunders' successful season" list.

Darrin
04-13-2006, 10:15 PM
I just checked the boxscore: why was Arroyo a DNP-CD? Is he injured?

Solid D
04-13-2006, 11:53 PM
The Spurs did not heed the warning and they did not D-up. Incredibly good game by Timmy, however!

Arroyo had a hamstring injury and couldn't go.

Phenomanul
04-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the loss. The Pistons just clinched homecourt throughout. One more step on "Saunders' successful season" list.

We will be giving you all a first round matchup with the Magic.... Howard is probably one of the few athletes that can challenge Ben Wallace's Board Dominance.....

And both Milicic and Arroyo would be playing with a chip on their shoulder against the Pistons....

Anyway the race for 8th seed in the East will be interesting to follow.

Darrin
04-15-2006, 12:18 AM
We will be giving you all a first round matchup with the Magic.... Howard is probably one of the few athletes that can challenge Ben Wallace's Board Dominance.....

And both Milicic and Arroyo would be playing with a chip on their shoulder against the Pistons....

Anyway the race for 8th seed in the East will be interesting to follow.

I think Chicago just locked it up with their win over Washington and Philly's loss to Miami. Orlando will finish 9th, Philly falling back to 10th.

Phenomanul
04-15-2006, 01:13 AM
I think Chicago just locked it up with their win over Washington and Philly's loss to Miami. Orlando will finish 9th, Philly falling back to 10th.

Yeah I saw the game... Amazing performance by Gordon.... still I believe Orlando would have been a tougher matchup for Detroit than Chicago....

Darrin
04-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Yeah I saw the game... Amazing performance by Gordon.... still I believe Orlando would have been a tougher matchup for Detroit than Chicago....

No doubt.

T Park
04-15-2006, 02:49 AM
I thought the Magic still had a shot....

Kori Ellis
04-15-2006, 03:04 AM

Actually it's now just between Chicago and Philly. Philly is in 9th one game back of Chicago. Orlando is in 10th 3 games back with 3 games left. But even if they somehow win all three and tie Chicago, the Bulls hold the tie breakers. So Orlando is out.

Chicago has left:

@Miami
@Orlando
Toronto

Philly has left:

@Orlando
NJ
@Charlotte

Chicago holds the tiebreaker, I believe.

Kori Ellis
04-15-2006, 03:09 AM
And for those who care about the West :), Utah has won five straight and is only one game back of Sac for the 8th spot.

Sac has left:

@Denver
New Orleans
Seattle

Utah has left:

@Dallas
@San Antonio
Golden St

Sacramento holds the tiebreaker.

T Park
04-15-2006, 03:10 AM
Utah is toast....

Damn, I was hoping Sac would pass LA.....

Darrin
04-15-2006, 03:14 AM
Utah is toast....

Damn, I was hoping Sac would pass LA.....

Don't worry. That other bracket is so bad, you have just as much chance of seeing Kobe Bryant and the Lakers in the Conference Finals.

Darrin
04-15-2006, 03:16 AM
I thought the Magic still had a shot....

Statistically, they do. I was stating my opinion of how things will play out over the next 3 games or so.

(1) Detroit vs. (8) Chicago
(2) Miami vs. (7) Washington
(3) New Jersey vs. (6) Indiana
(4) Cleveland vs. (5) Milwaukee