PDA

View Full Version : Please lose tommorow!

Pandaemonaeon
04-13-2006, 06:39 AM
I don't want to troll but I can't help it! You guys don't need homecourt advantage as much as we do and therefore you must lose tommorow... and the next... and maybe the next as well. Am I right, Papa Shango?

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/313/058po1.jpg

Slomo
04-13-2006, 06:43 AM
http://www.haxan.com/portfolio/freakylinks/WWWFRE%7E1.COM/FREAKO%7E1/NOTHIN%7E1/HAITAI%7E1.JPG

ANTI VOODOO LADY (http://www.haxan.com/portfolio/freakylinks/WWWFRE%7E1.COM/FREAKO%7E1/NOTHIN%7E1/ANTI_V%7E1.HTM)

boutons_
04-13-2006, 06:43 AM
You should relish the challenge and measure of your team of going back to AA Center to try to dig yourself out of a 0-2 hole.

Avery needs his novice coaching ass taken down a few notches. He's done well, but he inherited a team, didn't build it.

mavsfan1000
04-13-2006, 06:50 AM
Looks like the mavs are playing their worst ball of the year at the wrong time. It sucks that they do this but once again it is proven the mavs start to slip at this time of the year.

smeagol
04-13-2006, 07:21 AM
Looks like the mavs are playing their worst ball of the year at the wrong time. It sucks that they do this but once again it is proven the mavs start to slip at this time of the year.
Frame this post and hang it in your bedroom wall. Next time you feel the urge to talk smack against the champs, re-read it a hundred times.

leemajors
04-13-2006, 08:54 AM
:angel

easjer
04-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Well, sure, since you asked nicely. . .

:lol

pache100
04-13-2006, 09:04 AM

Yes. Yes, they do.

leemajors
04-13-2006, 09:18 AM

i feel dirty saying this, but it was just one game. i think they were playing worse when they lost 3 in a row.

BigVee
04-13-2006, 09:31 AM
The Spurs very well could lay an Easter egg tonight. Those who have watched them closely, well this is a type of game they can lose. They know they have another game cushion, this is a non-division, non-conference team so a loss doesn't hurt many of the tie-breakers, and Orlando has been on fire. Spurs need to be very focussed or you may get your wish.

cheguevara
04-13-2006, 09:32 AM
what a wimp

phyzik
04-13-2006, 09:38 AM
I don't want to troll but I can't help it! You guys don't need homecourt advantage as much as we do and therefore you must lose tommorow... and the next... and maybe the next as well. Am I right, Papa Shango?

no. I reserve the right to point and laugh at mavs fans after being told all year long this would happen.... it always does. :angel

SenorSpur
04-13-2006, 10:15 AM

I just think Golden State is one of those "devlish" teams that seemingly has the Mavs number. Recordwise, they're not as good as the Mavs. They don't have as much talent, but they create matchup problems and are successfully able to exploit the Mavs weaknesses.

We have the same trouble with Denver.

Darrin
04-13-2006, 10:27 AM
I just think Golden State is one of those "devlish" teams that seemingly has the Mavs number. Recordwise, they're not as good as the Mavs. They don't have as much talent, but they create matchup problems and are successfully able to exploit the Mavs weaknesses.

We have the same trouble with Denver.

Every contender has one. The Jazz appear to be the Pistons'.

GrandeDavid
04-13-2006, 10:38 AM
:angel

SHE WATCH SHE WATCH SHE WATCH SHE WATCH SHE WATCH CHANNEL ZERO!

PE CRAZY, CRAZY PE!

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Well Panda Man you score points with the old school WWF reference, but if the Spurs lose the next one there will be a bunch of people in here saying about the same thing that Mavsfan had to say, only it will be a dozen people spread out across 4 or 5 threads that they started.

Besides, your voodoo is no match for The Mojo.

J.T.
04-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Every contender has one. The Jazz appear to be the Pistons'.

You forgot Washington.

Darrin
04-13-2006, 10:52 AM

Take heart. Rome is not built in a day. I realize it's been years, but if the Mavs take the attitude you have today, they will never get over that hump. Avery is in the process of learning what rotations will suit him for a long postseason run, and Dirk is only in the second year as the leader of this team. In fact, Jason Terry, Devin Harris, Darrell Armstrong, Jerry Stackhouse - the Mavs nucleus is two years old.

Think about this: The Pistons couldn't win on the road in the playoffs. They went from April 27, 1997 to May 2, 2003 between road playoff victories, and even then they were 3-17 in their last 20 road playoff games. Since that game in Orlando? They are 13-14 on the road. They have won a series in Philadelphia (2003), Indiana (2005), and Miami (2005). They have faced elimination and won in New Jersey (2004) and San Antonio (2005). In only one series - the 2002-03 Conference Finals - have they failed to win at least one road playoff game.

They are so good on the road that they did something the Bad Boys never did - win a game seven on the road. For some perspective on that, the Bad Boys won every series in 1988-89 on the road (Boston, Milwaukee, Chicago, and LA Lakers). In 1990 they swept 3 games from Portland on the road in the NBA Finals when they hadn't won in their building in 17 years. But when they faced elimination on the road in game seven in the 1987 Conference Finals and the 1988 NBA Finals, they lost both games.

My point to all this trivia for a team that you may not care about? It's a process and if the Mavs are approaching it that way, eventually they will come out the other side of this thing.

mavsfan1000
04-13-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm not giving up but I noticed a slippage. The mavs have no one on the team to run the show at the point. Jason Terry is a shooting guard in a point guards body. When the mavs energy level is hight they are hard to beat but when flat any team can beat them. They rely too much on mismatches. Hopefully Devin Harris comes back soon since he was the guy that could create for others.

Dre_7
04-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Jason Terry is a shooting guard in a point guards body.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! When I said that in the preseason, Spurs fans here said I was crazy. Now a MAVS FAN says the same thing!!!

Devin Harris is the best point guard on the Mavs.

101A
04-13-2006, 11:37 AM
...but when flat any team can beat them.

And here I thought the Mavs weren't for real. That is the definition of Sa & Detroit's games.

Jimcs50
04-13-2006, 12:07 PM
No way do the Spurs lose tonight.

They will kill Orlando!!!!

:smokin

DDS4
04-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Take heart. Rome is not built in a day. I realize it's been years, but if the Mavs take the attitude you have today, they will never get over that hump. Avery is in the process of learning what rotations will suit him for a long postseason run, and Dirk is only in the second year as the leader of this team. In fact, Jason Terry, Devin Harris, Darrell Armstrong, Jerry Stackhouse - the Mavs nucleus is two years old.

Think about this: The Pistons couldn't win on the road in the playoffs. They went from April 27, 1997 to May 2, 2003 between road playoff victories, and even then they were 3-17 in their last 20 road playoff games. Since that game in Orlando? They are 13-14 on the road. They have won a series in Philadelphia (2003), Indiana (2005), and Miami (2005). They have faced elimination and won in New Jersey (2004) and San Antonio (2005). In only one series - the 2002-03 Conference Finals - have they failed to win at least one road playoff game.

They are so good on the road that they did something the Bad Boys never did - win a game seven on the road. For some perspective on that, the Bad Boys won every series in 1988-89 on the road (Boston, Milwaukee, Chicago, and LA Lakers). In 1990 they swept 3 games from Portland on the road in the NBA Finals when they hadn't won in their building in 17 years. But when they faced elimination on the road in game seven in the 1987 Conference Finals and the 1988 NBA Finals, they lost both games.

My point to all this trivia for a team that you may not care about? It's a process and if the Mavs are approaching it that way, eventually they will come out the other side of this thing.

The Spurs were pretty inept in the 90's for the most part. We couldn't get past Houston, Utah, etc....

It wasn't until Tim came along and even then it took a full year and thereafter to break through in '99.

Melmart1

Sorry, he is no match for the bravatars.

JamStone
No way do the Spurs lose tonight.

They will kill Orlando!!!!

:smokin

I think Dallas fans would feel more comfortable if you wait until after the game started and the Spurs get up big on the Magic until and you make a separate thread on how the Spurs are killing the Magic.

SequSpur
04-13-2006, 12:29 PM
I thought it was loose.

Jimcs50
04-13-2006, 12:30 PM
I think Dallas fans would feel more comfortable if you wait until after the game started and the Spurs get up big on the Magic until and you make a separate thread on how the Spurs are killing the Magic.

I will do just that, don't worry.

ShoogarBear
04-13-2006, 02:08 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!! When I said that in the preseason, Spurs fans here said I was crazy. Now a MAVS FAN says the same thing!!!

?? I can't imagine who wouldn't agree with that. That's been the rap on Jason Terry his entire career.

You could probably make the same argument about Tony Parker.

mavsfan1000
04-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Parker can at least attack the basket. Terry can't pentrate or pass. He relies on jumpers and his self-procalimed "The Jet" doesn't fit his game.

Pandaemonaeon
04-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Looks like Papa Shango is now 1-0 :smokin

Dre_7
04-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Come on Nash!!

Pandaemonaeon
04-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Shut up... well actually, I think you're right. Seeing AJ walking down to the tunnel despite getting blown out and the poor defensive showing of his team with a huge shit-eating grin (and sitting out Stack and Diop at one of the critical games of the season) shows that he's probably re-signed to the fact that they're not getting no. 1 :(

leemajors
04-13-2006, 11:09 PM
what is diop gonna do against phoenix?

spurs=bling
04-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Go Motherfucking Suns Go!!!!!

Darrin
04-13-2006, 11:29 PM
http://i1.tinypic.com/rvg4g9.jpg

Baron Davis scored 95 points?

spurs=bling
04-13-2006, 11:35 PM
http://i1.tinypic.com/rvg4g9.jpg

Baron Davis scored 95 points?
yeah. i'm the Spurs GM in the video game too bad i suck at video games

spurs=bling
04-14-2006, 12:21 AM
thank you for losing

Darrin
04-14-2006, 12:22 AM
yeah. i'm the Spurs GM in the video game too bad i suck at video games

The Pistons have won 7 Championships in 8 years with me at the helm. :)

Lineup (2003 NBA Live):

Chauncey Billups / Tony Parker / Omar Cook
Ray Allen / Joe Johnson
Shane Battier / Matt Harpring / Pat Garrity
Kevin Garnett / Eddie Griffin / Memo Okur
Ben Wallace / Nazr Mohammad / Keon Clark

ChumpDumper
04-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Well, we did our part.

spurs=bling
04-14-2006, 12:32 AM
The Pistons have won 7 Championships in 8 years with me at the helm. :)

Lineup (2003 NBA Live):

Chauncey Billups / Tony Parker / Omar Cook
Ray Allen / Joe Johnson
Shane Battier / Matt Harpring / Pat Garrity
Kevin Garnett / Eddie Griffin / Memo Okur
Ben Wallace / Nazr Mohammad / Keon Clark

i got Tim/Tony/Manu/Bruce/Kevin Garnett.
Bench Baron/LBJ/Rasho/ Mike Finley/NVE.

Andre Kirilenko/TMAC/Kirk Hinrich.

its the only way i got my uncle to stop using the damn mavs. and its on the NBA 2005 Live.

Pandaemonaeon
04-14-2006, 12:51 AM
what is diop gonna do against phoenix?

If Griffin can score 17 points last time, I'm sure Diop can! :drunk

Oh, and he's mobile :)

exstatic
04-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Has Diop even scored 17 career points?

Solid D
04-14-2006, 07:42 AM
This Forum is self-correcting. Tomorrow is spelled with one "m" and with two "r"s.