PDA

View Full Version : More help could be on the way

SenorSpur
04-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Now that the Golden State has "thrown a wrench" into the Mavs hopes of winning the division, let us not forget that more help could be on the way.

The Mavs play @ Phoenix tonight in the 2nd game of a back-to-back. This one will be televised tonight on TNT @ 9:30PM CST.

This should be a difficult test for the Mavs for a couple of reasons

1. The style of ball ths Suns play
2. Losing a heartbreaker to the Warriors the previous night

It's possible that we may not need that conference tiebreaker advantage after all.

cheguevara
04-13-2006, 10:48 AM
damn Warriors own the Mavs

J.T.
04-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Well, if Dallas does lose tonight, and I hope they do, and if we win then the 1 seed is pretty much a lock. Dallas only has 2 games left and after tonight we have 3. So if the scenario plays out like I said tonight, we just have to put away Minnesota on Sunday and we're gold. Now if this happens I wonder if pop will play the Utah game seriously to set a new franchise record or fold the last two so he can rest Tim and Manu.

LEONARD
04-13-2006, 10:54 AM
I had the Mavs losing @ Clips and Suns on this road trip. Any Mavs fan with hopes of the #1 seed with about 6 games left was delusional...

leemajors
04-13-2006, 10:56 AM
it will be interesting to see how the mavs come out tonight. they will have to weather the assault phoenix is sure to bring. if they can keep it close through three quarters they have a chance. getting down big on a b2b would be rough to come back from.

CubanMustGo
04-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Don't forget PHO has been struggling too. Mavs will have something to prove tonight after an uncharacteristically poor performance last night.

Spurs need to take care of bidness and quit relying on also-rans like GS to deliver the division title on a platter.

mrblonde17
04-13-2006, 03:05 PM
The Suns don't have anything to play for now. They've wrapped up their division and may want to rest up Nash, Marion, and Diaw. The Mavs, on the other hand, have everything to play for and will have to turn in up several notches. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs obliterate the Suns tonight. Watch Dirk off for 30 or 40.

The Spurs cannot count on anyone to wins games for them.

ShoogarBear
04-13-2006, 03:08 PM
If the Mavs lose tonight and/or Dirk plays like crap, I'm crossing Nowitzki off my MVP bet.

Solid D
04-13-2006, 04:32 PM
A loss by the Spurs to Orlando throws a wrench into any "what if" scenario regarding Dallas.

Manu and Tony not likely to play, is the report today.

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."