PDA

View Full Version : Question about Duke Lacrosse

kris
04-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Why did the coach resign?

I can understand if it was because he didn't want to deal with the drama, but the Duke President made it sound like it was the right thing to do and that it was "appropriate."

I don't get that at all. The coach didn't do anything wrong. Why resign?

The whole situation is wierd to me. Different articles reveal different facts, others have more pertinent statements than others.

FRITO BANDITO
04-13-2006, 04:55 PM
he resigned because i told him to.

CharlieMac
04-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah, there is something sketchy about that.

chode_regulator
04-14-2006, 08:27 AM
thats what i wondered when he first resigned adn then especially after they found no evidence of rape or sex abuse.
i mean he had to have been close ot the investigation and known some of the evidence. he must have either thought his players were going down or didnt hvae faith that his players didnt do it.
either way it was a very fishy scenario

CharlieMac
04-14-2006, 10:16 AM
You think the basketball coach would get canned?

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-14-2006, 11:26 AM
I would think he resigned because of the lack of control it would seem he had over his team off the field.

While it's not necessarily his responsibility, people are going to look at him as a failure in that regard.

AlamoSpursFan
04-14-2006, 01:00 PM
I haven't really been following this issue, but I remember seeing an interview with some high muckety-muck at Duke who said that this incident was one of a long list of complaints against the Lacrosse team. Apparently they pretty much acted like Duke existed for the Lacrosse team's amusement. Or so I gathered.

So the coach either had the same attitude, or had little or no control over his players.

kris
04-14-2006, 01:39 PM
I would think he resigned because of the lack of control it would seem he had over his team off the field.

While it's not necessarily his responsibility, people are going to look at him as a failure in that regard.

I don't buy that. No one knew the Duke Lacrosse team existed before this. Now one allegation of which only 3 of 46 member team could have even committed that they thoroughly deny and he runs for the hills. He didn't even wait until the facts came out and/or they had their day in court.

That makes no sense to me and your explanation doesn't work for me.

Also, another side note. This situation has been labeled a scandal by ESPN. How sensational is that? For all we know this lady with all these holes in her story made everything up.

Doesn't something significant have to happen for there to be a scandal. ESPN is continually irressponsible in my opinion, not just here but in a lot of their stories focusing on negativism.

chode_regulator
04-14-2006, 03:43 PM
I don't buy that. No one knew the Duke Lacrosse team existed before this. Now one allegation of which only 3 of 46 member team could have even committed that they thoroughly deny and he runs for the hills. He didn't even wait until the facts came out and/or they had their day in court.

That makes no sense to me and your explanation doesn't work for me.

Also, another side note. This situation has been labeled a scandal by ESPN. How sensational is that? For all we know this lady with all these holes in her story made everything up.

Doesn't something significant have to happen for there to be a scandal. ESPN is continually irressponsible in my opinion, not just here but in a lot of their stories focusing on negativism.
espn sucks now

CharlieMac
04-14-2006, 06:51 PM
But hey, they're trying to help Barry Bonds help his image. :rolleyes

kris
04-14-2006, 07:27 PM
But hey, they're trying to help Barry Bonds help his image. :rolleyes

It's funny to me how they always act like they aren't the ones promoting the negativism surrounding him - like it's other media. ESPN is the Nike of sports media and they just will not let the story go. I don't like Barry Bonds, but yeah after awhile I can see why is getting tired of it. He did steroids, he's a sham, now let him ride off into the sunset with his bull hormone injected horse.

The side headlines always mentions if he does anything.

Nats 6 Giants 3; Barry sneezes angrily