PDA

View Full Version : 0.4

AceProfits
04-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Do you guys think that shot Derick Fisher hit helped us or hurt us in the long run? Would we have won the championship that year? Did it help us mentaly win the championship last year? Did that lucky shot ruin our chance for our dynasty?
Also does every Spur fan now hear .4 and just fall into this sick depression? I know I do!

ALVAREZ6
04-13-2006, 05:07 PM
another 0.4 thread...

:td

degenerate_gambler
04-13-2006, 05:12 PM
0.4....nah

Montana to Clark (The Catch)....that's another story

CosmicCowboy
04-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Do you guys think that shot Derick Fisher hit helped us or hurt us in the long run? Would we have won the championship that year? Did it help us mentaly win the championship last year? Did that lucky shot ruin our chance for our dynasty?
Also does every Spur fan now hear .4 and just fall into this sick depression? I know I do!

uhhh...if Spurs had won the Laker series (and probably would have with that win) they could have very well gone on and beaten Detroit and be looking for a three-peat this year.

but they didn't and won it the next year. It's still a great time to be a Spurs fan.

DDS4
04-13-2006, 05:26 PM
:stirpot:

Why you gotta bring up old shit? Luckily, my memories only go back to 2005.

Winnipeg_Spur
04-13-2006, 05:26 PM
The only positive you can take from 0.4 is that the Pistons were better that year and the Spurs were worse, so even if we had advanced to the finals there's a pretty good chance we would've lost. Then who knows, maybe already losing to the Pistons gives them some slight psychological advantage and that's enough for them to win again in 2005. But really, logic like this is probably trying way to hard to put a positive spin on a horrible, horrible thing.

BTW, as a math major, I'm glad noone in this thread is referring to it as .04. I hate that!

Sportcamper
04-13-2006, 05:28 PM
This is not me Cosmic...I am not kidding... :lol

CosmicCowboy
04-13-2006, 05:32 PM
This is not me Cosmic...I am not kidding... :lol

:lmao

OK...the punk gets double bitch slapped when he comes back then...:lol

Vinnie_Johnson
04-13-2006, 05:35 PM

Pistons were hell bent on winning in 04 would have faced the same fate as LA did.

Spurologist
04-13-2006, 06:08 PM
If pigs could fly, would they be shitting on us as we go to work/school everyday. Would we need umbrellas? I will probably never forget that shot but lets leave that shot alone.

J.T.
04-13-2006, 06:12 PM
That shot is negated by the fact that the Lakers got smoked by a real team in the Finals. I mean, it was a good shot, but the Spurs sucked so bad in games 3 and 4 of that series that they probably wouldn't have won the finals.

Obstructed_View
04-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I thought you already said the Spurs were a dynasty.

Vingianx
04-13-2006, 06:49 PM
that night is still fresh in my mind, the next morning none of us were in the mood to hear anything basketball

ShoogarBear
04-13-2006, 06:52 PM
uhhh...if Spurs had won the Laker series (and probably would have with that win) they could have very well gone on and beaten Detroit and be looking for a three-peat this year.

Did you copy off of Jim in second-grade math?

polandprzem
04-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Derick Fisher?
http://www.wonderwarthogracing.com/riders/bio.html?id=257

caŽlo
04-13-2006, 10:23 PM
lets just talk about horrys shot.

ahhh.. that felt better..

Darrin
04-13-2006, 10:54 PM

That's how I feel when I see Robert Horry's face. He pissed me off when I adopted the Kings in 2002, but he killed me in 2005.

Anyway, I think it toughened the team. They had to work their way through some adversity, watch another team take their trophy. I think it shaped the type of team the Spurs were after Robinson left.

But mostly, I tend to think that 0:04 allowed the Spurs management to take some risks. They had to chase a team, not be chased. When I look at the reasons, the slight advantages that the Spurs had in last year's Finals, Nazr Mohammad was invaluable. I don't think San Antonio does that deal without losing in 2003-04.

He was so important because he contained Ben Wallace defensively. The Pistons did what they always do - send Rasheed to guard the larger scoring threat, and have Ben play the passing lanes around that player and stop any action at the rim. Nazr made that impossible because he was just as mobile as Big Ben and he had a larger body. So one of two things would happen when Ben would sag off of Nazr, who would stand at 18-feet from the basket, to do his usual thing - Mohammad would run into the lane and either draw contact on Ben or he'd have easy scores off the pass from Duncan. That would open things up for Timmy to dominate the game. This caused a lot of fouls on Rasheed because of the "no-layup" policy of the Pistons. Suddenly the Pistons are down their best one-on-one defender in the post.

It was the size of Mohammad the size and speed that made that so effective; two things that Malik Rose does not have on Wallace. It was a genius stroke of RC, Pop's coaching, and the two players executing that action.

It's easy to think 3-2 series lead, able to beat the T-Wolves and Pistons in 2003-04 and suddenly they are looking at 3 straight Championship. But I don't think they would've won in '05 if they won in '04.