PDA

View Full Version : Spurs.com Launches All-new Design

Kori Ellis
04-13-2006, 05:07 PM
SPURS.COM LAUNCHES ALL-NEW DESIGN

SAN ANTONIO, April 13, 2006 - The San Antonio Spurs have launched a redesign of their highly ranked web site, spurs.com, the team announced today. The popular NBA team site has undergone a transformation that will give Spurs fans more of what they crave with updated and innovative technology combined with insightful news and content.

The all-new design and format introduces a user-friendly navigation and several new features including a three-panel top story area, an interactive homepage calendar, and common page tools on all articles.

"Spurs.com is the leading source for information about the Spurs, and has taken on a brand new look featuring the latest technology," said Spurs Director of Internet and New Media, Jeff Brody. "We understand that fans want a connection to the team and to the players. The new spurs.com provides that connection in an exciting, easy-to-use multi-media format."

The new design incorporates the Spurs brand into the web site, which is colorized with the team's black, silver and white colors and uses the logo and theme-line "Get Ready. Get Loud." in the design elements. The redesign also makes more efficient use of space on the homepage, keeping it uncluttered, yet accommodating more information with less scrolling than the previous design. The horizontal tab style navigation bar features vertical drop-down menu options with one-click entrances into interior pages.

The new site also introduces several new applications in technology. The homepage features a flash-enabled rotating top story area, which highlights the three major news items for the day. An interactive calendar sorts and displays game and event dates per the visitor's selection; by the day of the week, by team, home or away. Visitors can also chat live with Spurs representatives who are standing by for questions about tickets or other Spurs information through a click-to-chat feature, powered by LivePerson. Spurs Communicator, another new feature of the site, is a free news reader that keeps all the latest Spurs information up-to-the-minute on the user's desktop. The program, powered by NewTier, can be downloaded free on the new spurs.com.

Original content is another big draw to spurs.com. The radio voice of the Spurs, Bill Schoening, contributes a regular column called ":20 Second Timeout" which is always popular on the site. In addition, Spurs Assistant General Manager Sam Presti offers his unique perspective on the players and team. His accessibility of the inner-workings of the team gives Presti an insider's advantage in writing about the Spurs that readers find interesting.

Spurs.com is the most comprehensive resource for all things Spurs and that includes the full complement of the franchise's business, community, and off-the-court activities. The web site provides information about ticket plans with the ability to purchase online, team merchandise, and in-depth coverage about the team's community relations programs, to name a few. Game coverage is an integral part of the spurs.com experience and is covered extensively through preview articles and high-quality post-game content, such as locker room video, photo galleries, quotes, and much more. The popular Silver Dancers section consistently claims high page view rankings.

"We are very pleased to launch the new look and feel just before the playoffs this year, when we typically see a large spike in site visitors and page views," said Brody. During the 2005 NBA championship season, spurs.com finished the year ranked #1 in page views and visits out of the 30 NBA team sites, and ranks in the top five so far this season. "The new spurs.com gives fans even more of what they already like about the site while also improving their experience with newer technology."

The redesign process for the site began earlier this season under the direction of Brody, who along with the Spurs web staff of Daniel Banks and John Robbins, worked closely with the NBA Internet Services group, Adam Bloom, Jen Levinson, Chris Benyarko and Janine Dugre, to design an aesthetically pleasing and functional site based on best practices and an understanding of what Spurs fans wanted.

Fact Sheet about the NEW spurs.com
New Look, Innovative Technology, and Interactive Elements... plus the Favorites Gives Fans More of What They Want from the Official Site of the San Antonio Spurs

The New Look:
* Colorized in team's black, silver and white
* Logo and theme line "Get Ready. Get Loud." incorporated into design
* Efficient use of space on homepage accommodates more information with less scrolling
* Horizontal tab-style navigation with vertical drop-down menu options on homepage

New Technology:
* User-friendly navigation
* Flash enabled rotating three top stories of the day
* Interactive calendar -- visitor's pick
* Click-to-chat with Spurs representative
* Spurs Communicator - a new, free download which keeps Spurs news and information up-to-the-minute on the user's desktop

Favorite Highlights of spurs.com:
* Post-game photo galleries, locker room video, and quotes
* Original content by Spurs Assistant General Manager, Sam Presti
* :20 Second Timeout by Bill Schoening, the radio voice of the Spurs
* Original content by the Spurs medical staff
* Comprehensive coverage of the Spurs Silver Dancers
* Live video feeds of press conferences and other events air regularly
* Video feeds of post game interviews with Coach Popovich and players
* Photo galleries
* Spurs merchandise
* Spurs partner contests and promotions

ALVAREZ6
04-13-2006, 05:12 PM
just checked it out...

It's gonna be weird getting used to it.

Kori Ellis
04-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Some of the other teams sites have had this format for a while. So I'm kind of used to it already. But it looks a little odd at first.

alamo50
04-13-2006, 05:57 PM
At last!

ChumpDumper
04-13-2006, 06:01 PM
The connection has timed out

The server at www.nba.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

WalterBenitez
04-13-2006, 06:21 PM
:worthy:

Dancer profile is cool ... I didn't see anything new besides that :drunk

ducks
04-13-2006, 06:37 PM
they said it was the leading source for spurs info
WRONG
SPURSTALK.COM IS! :madrun :madrun :madrun

T.F. Storm
04-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Looks like the Pheonix Suns website now only in black and silver.

Spurologist
04-13-2006, 07:04 PM
SPURS.COM LAUNCHES ALL-NEW DESIGN

SAN ANTONIO, April 13, 2006 - The San Antonio Spurs have launched a redesign of their highly ranked web site, spurs.com, the team announced today. The popular NBA team site has undergone a transformation that will give Spurs fans more of what they crave with updated and innovative technology combined with insightful news and content.

The all-new design and format introduces a user-friendly navigation and several new features including a three-panel top story area, an interactive homepage calendar, and common page tools on all articles.

"Spurs.com is the leading source for information about the Spurs, and has taken on a brand new look featuring the latest technology," said Spurs Director of Internet and New Media, Jeff Brody. "We understand that fans want a connection to the team and to the players. The new spurs.com provides that connection in an exciting, easy-to-use multi-media format."

The new design incorporates the Spurs brand into the web site, which is colorized with the team's black, silver and white colors and uses the logo and theme-line "Get Ready. Get Loud." in the design elements. The redesign also makes more efficient use of space on the homepage, keeping it uncluttered, yet accommodating more information with less scrolling than the previous design. The horizontal tab style navigation bar features vertical drop-down menu options with one-click entrances into interior pages.

The new site also introduces several new applications in technology. The homepage features a flash-enabled rotating top story area, which highlights the three major news items for the day. An interactive calendar sorts and displays game and event dates per the visitor's selection; by the day of the week, by team, home or away. Visitors can also chat live with Spurs representatives who are standing by for questions about tickets or other Spurs information through a click-to-chat feature, powered by LivePerson. Spurs Communicator, another new feature of the site, is a free news reader that keeps all the latest Spurs information up-to-the-minute on the user's desktop. The program, powered by NewTier, can be downloaded free on the new spurs.com.

Original content is another big draw to spurs.com. The radio voice of the Spurs, Bill Schoening, contributes a regular column called ":20 Second Timeout" which is always popular on the site. In addition, Spurs Assistant General Manager Sam Presti offers his unique perspective on the players and team. His accessibility of the inner-workings of the team gives Presti an insider's advantage in writing about the Spurs that readers find interesting.

Spurs.com is the most comprehensive resource for all things Spurs and that includes the full complement of the franchise's business, community, and off-the-court activities. The web site provides information about ticket plans with the ability to purchase online, team merchandise, and in-depth coverage about the team's community relations programs, to name a few. Game coverage is an integral part of the spurs.com experience and is covered extensively through preview articles and high-quality post-game content, such as locker room video, photo galleries, quotes, and much more. The popular Silver Dancers section consistently claims high page view rankings.

"We are very pleased to launch the new look and feel just before the playoffs this year, when we typically see a large spike in site visitors and page views," said Brody. During the 2005 NBA championship season, spurs.com finished the year ranked #1 in page views and visits out of the 30 NBA team sites, and ranks in the top five so far this season. "The new spurs.com gives fans even more of what they already like about the site while also improving their experience with newer technology."

The redesign process for the site began earlier this season under the direction of Brody, who along with the Spurs web staff of Daniel Banks and John Robbins, worked closely with the NBA Internet Services group, Adam Bloom, Jen Levinson, Chris Benyarko and Janine Dugre, to design an aesthetically pleasing and functional site based on best practices and an understanding of what Spurs fans wanted.

Fact Sheet about the NEW spurs.com
New Look, Innovative Technology, and Interactive Elements... plus the Favorites Gives Fans More of What They Want from the Official Site of the San Antonio Spurs

The New Look:
* Colorized in team's black, silver and white
* Logo and theme line "Get Ready. Get Loud." incorporated into design
* Efficient use of space on homepage accommodates more information with less scrolling
* Horizontal tab-style navigation with vertical drop-down menu options on homepage

New Technology:
* User-friendly navigation
* Flash enabled rotating three top stories of the day
* Interactive calendar -- visitor's pick
* Click-to-chat with Spurs representative
* Spurs Communicator - a new, free download which keeps Spurs news and information up-to-the-minute on the user's desktop

Favorite Highlights of spurs.com:
* Post-game photo galleries, locker room video, and quotes
* Original content by Spurs Assistant General Manager, Sam Presti
* :20 Second Timeout by Bill Schoening, the radio voice of the Spurs
* Original content by the Spurs medical staff
* Comprehensive coverage of the Spurs Silver Dancers
* Live video feeds of press conferences and other events air regularly
* Video feeds of post game interviews with Coach Popovich and players
* Photo galleries
* Spurs merchandise
* Spurs partner contests and promotions

I like

polandprzem
04-13-2006, 07:32 PM
I like
You had to quote all the message just to post 5 letters?

sheesh

genghisrex
04-13-2006, 08:15 PM
:td

Vashner
04-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Wierd some people are switching to a "info left" format. Like CNN.

I like my hot info in the center. Not the left side. Hurts my neck to move big fat head.

Edit add: I am not saying the new site does not look good. It looks better than the older one.

1Parker1
04-13-2006, 08:24 PM
It looks too busy. I guess we'll just have to get used to it.

samikeyp
04-13-2006, 08:26 PM
I just saw it. Nice.

caŽlo
04-13-2006, 10:28 PM
the calendar is jjust wayy too big.

otherwise.. everythings good :)

""Spurs.com is the leading source for information about the Spurs,"

spurstalk.com is WAY better

Spurologist
04-13-2006, 11:43 PM
You had to quote all the message just to post 5 letters?

sheesh

Didn't think you'd get your panties in a bunch over it.

spurs=bling
04-13-2006, 11:50 PM
Awesome

ChumpDumper
04-13-2006, 11:58 PM
0-1 with the new layout.

greyforest
04-14-2006, 12:04 AM
0-1 with the new layout.

he's right!

OMG layout losing games for us TRADE IT

carina_gino20
04-14-2006, 05:56 AM
it's a bit too messy for my taste

ALVAREZ6
04-14-2006, 08:20 AM
it's a bit too messy for my taste
Same.

The older version was easier. All this flash bullshit does nothing but making it look more modern, and it slows the site down.

Gin N Juice
04-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Looks pretty much the same except now has a video viewer and scrolling schedule.

boutons_
04-14-2006, 09:58 AM
the previous one man nav bar sucked, horrible UI design, this one is much betterr main nav bar

angel_luv
04-14-2006, 10:02 AM
It does seem busy at first glance, but I think I will like it better once I figure out where the moved all the stuff I usually look at.

I am smarter that the new layout. :lol

Chris
04-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Anyone tried that Spurs desktop communicator thingy? I'm going to download it and give it a shot. I like the new website way better than the old one. It's good to see they are finally catching up with the times because flash is the future of website design.

leemajors
04-14-2006, 10:56 AM
chug chug chug new design is a system hog. is flash that bloated?

MaNuMaNiAc
04-14-2006, 12:09 PM
I don't like it, too much shit going on. The worst thing you can do to a website is overcrowd it.

SoCalGirlMeronKirsHamm
04-14-2006, 10:15 PM
This is a little more streamlined but I would like to see more categories and coverage. It's too much of the same old. They sort of sugar-coated the outside! Overall any extra coverage is good!

When not in San Antonio, Spurstalk.com gives me way more spurs satisfaction, thanks to the fan input! :clap

spurschick
04-15-2006, 12:04 AM
It's good to see they are finally catching up with the times because flash is the future of website design.

I couldn't disagree with you more.