PDA

View Full Version : Comedy Central Censors Southpark

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Dunno how many saw it, but they censored what was supposed to be a shot of Mohammed saying 'jihad, jihad' in an episode.

Pretty weak...

mookie2001
04-13-2006, 06:25 PM
i thought all that was a joke

did you see both of these last 2 parters?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Missed them, but there was a lot of buzz on the radio on the way home.

Apparently people thought it was a joke (the censor part) but CC came out today and said that in light of world events, they felt it was in their best interest to censor it.

:td

Spurminator
04-13-2006, 06:32 PM
The last two episodes looked and felt like metaphors for a Parker/Stone battle with Comedy Central... Some of the dialogue sounded like it was pulled directly from a meeting between CC and Trey and Matt (particularly the Terrance & Philip scene).

I'm guessing the original idea was to do an episode showing Muhammed but CC balked, so Part 1 was meant to stir up controversy so maybe the fanbase would convince CC to change their minds. "Family Guy" was the show-within-a-show representing South Park, and Fox represented Comedy Central.

But there wasn't much buzz after Part 1 (although it was a great episode). Part 2 was probably written with the Muhammed scene included but edited out before it aired.

An interesting exercise in testing free speech, and frankly better executed than the Danish Newspaper Cartoon. But CC is a commercial enterprise and I can't blame them for playing it safe.

Really, though, there's enough material in the rest of the episodes to offend Muslims if any of them were paying attention...

ZStomp
04-13-2006, 07:12 PM
I wish they would just get rid of this show all together!

Spurminator
04-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Parts One and Two are on again tonight starting at 8:30 if you missed it.

samikeyp
04-13-2006, 08:24 PM
I saw it. That sucked.

Vashner
04-13-2006, 08:29 PM
I wish they would just get rid of this show all together!

Yea the world would be sooo much better if people just watched mainstream media. This stupid southpark think they are smart but it's bad.

Drugs are bad..

CharlieMac
04-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Cartman's fight scene was teh best part of last night's episode.

I thought the censor was a joke too.