PDA

View Full Version : Someone on this team needs to nut up

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2006, 09:27 PM
With a chance to all but clinch home court throughout the WC playoffs after the pathetic loss by the Mavs last night, this team is choking against the Magic.

Unfrigginbelievable.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-13-2006, 09:30 PM
You mean you're not impressed by the Spurs D that's only allowing the Magic to shoot 55% tonight???

I'm disgusted with you.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2006, 09:34 PM
:lol We're shooting 51% and losing by 9. At home

:wtf

leemajors
04-13-2006, 09:35 PM
what is with these wack rotations.

leemajors
04-13-2006, 09:35 PM
6 mins left and we have bruce, van exel, nazr, rash, and finley out there. why did manu bother suiting up?

Duff McCartney
04-13-2006, 09:37 PM
What the hell is this shit?

The Spurs are an embarrassment. The Spurs are showing absolutely no drive, in the playoffs they'll probably go up 3-0 and whatever team the play and then sit back and mail in the next 3 games before finally playing for Game 7.

leemajors
04-13-2006, 09:38 PM
this game is pretty much over.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2006, 09:40 PM
We need someone to pull the soft card in the post game, but it needs to be directed at the coach with the dumbass lineups.

ZStomp
04-13-2006, 09:42 PM
What the hell is this shit?

The Spurs are an embarrassment. The Spurs are showing absolutely no drive, in the playoffs they'll probably go up 3-0 and whatever team the play and then sit back and mail in the next 3 games before finally playing for Game 7.

That's funny.

The way it's going...I doubt they ever go up 3-0

MannyIsGod
04-13-2006, 09:43 PM
I think I've finally had it man. I've tried to keep the faith, but after tonight I'm really dissapointed. This is just sad.

ZStomp
04-13-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm just tired.

That's all.

Tired.

:lol

aaronstampler
04-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Someone will nut up for them in the playoffs, just like last year. Here's a hint, he didn't play tonight.

exstatic
04-13-2006, 09:51 PM
They haven't played Spurs D all year, and you're just noticing? When they finally started to get a few stops in the 4th, they couldn't hit water if they fell out of a fucking boat.

That's why my answer in the finals/champions thread was no/no.

Now, credit where credit is due: Orlando is going to be a top half playoff team next year in the East. Book it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
I sure hope so aaron (and agree he's our only hope).

ShoogarBear
Worst loss of the year. I don't care who was sick, I don't care how well the Magic are playing. This is a team that was 9-30 on the road.

Nazr and Rasho set new standards of worthlessness.

leemajors
04-13-2006, 09:52 PM
i hope they find some offense soon, it seems like everyone can stop them. easily.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2006, 09:52 PM
ex, forget the championship, this team will be lucky to beat Dallas in round 2.

ShoogarBear
04-13-2006, 09:53 PM
It wasn't the offense.

ChumpDumper
Yep, Orlando is back -- and they'll have a nice lotto pick to add to this team too.

Aggie Hoopsfan
i hope they find some offense soon, it seems like everyone can stop them. easily.

It's easy to do on nights like tonight - the whole fourth quarter was us going 4down and also putting it in the hands of a guy with 7 turnovers. Rah.

J.T.
04-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Why we lost: no Manu

leemajors
04-13-2006, 09:54 PM
It wasn't the offense.

they held orlando to 14 in the 4th, that was a start. but you have to score more than 11 in the 4th. i know the defense was terrible for 3/4 of the game, and it has to get better overall. but it seems like the spurs are having real problems getting any sort of consistent offense - they play 1v1.

E20
04-13-2006, 09:55 PM
It's one game against the Orlando Magic. BFD

Aggie Hoopsfan
This team shouldn't be sitting around waiting on Manu to bail it out every night. That's my whole point.

Look at the Finals - Horry saved our nuts from the fire in Detroit last year, and that's what it's going to take again this year, just to get out of the West.

leemajors
ratcheting up the d would obviously help the offense though.

Dre_7
Why we lost: no Manu

Why they lost: No defense, Turnovers, no offense for long stretches.

leemajors
04-13-2006, 09:56 PM

true, but we have also lost the last 3 out of 4 at home. when was the last time that happened?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2006, 09:57 PM

You've been around long enough to know it's not about one game, it's about trends. We lost 3 of our last 5 at home. We aren't playing Spurs defense. No one on this team will step up unless Manu gets pissed and does it himself.

If we even make it out of the West (right now I think Dallas beats us in round 2) we'll get smoked by Detroit. There's no passion, no heart, no fire, no desire. It's fucking pathetic.

Dre_7
04-13-2006, 10:01 PM
At this risk of sounding like AHF (I am NOT saying they will lose in the 2nd round!!), I did not like the coaching in the game. Specifically the sub patterns.

aaronstampler
04-13-2006, 10:02 PM
I sure hope so aaron (and agree he's our only hope).

That's why they call him Obi Wan Ginobili.

aaronstampler
04-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Yep, Orlando is back -- and they'll have a nice lotto pick to add to this team too.

I loved the Travis Diener pick for them last year. Maybe he'll be in the rotation next year. I'm surprised Miami didn't draft him to play with DWade like they did at Marquette. He would've been awesome for them instead of white chocalate <--- clown.

exstatic
04-13-2006, 10:05 PM
We need a shotblocker to pair with Tim. Portland appears to be heading for major re-construction, so maybe they'll let 33 YO Theo Ratliff go.

No one is afraid to go into the paint against SA anymore.

picnroll
04-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Once you take Duncan away Spurs big men can't compete and Van Exel would be a better greeter at Wal Mart than a backup PG. Just the way it is. If Spurs win a title this year Pop needs to get coach of the millenium.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2006, 10:08 PM
I think I've finally had it man. I've tried to keep the faith, but after tonight I'm really dissapointed. This is just sad.

welcome aboard friend!

also forget this team trying to click in time for the playoffs, i think last year's team BEFORE the AS break was clicking better than this team is now this late in the season.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-13-2006, 10:12 PM
I really hope Pop is just testing rotations for the Playoffs and has a streamlined approach for the playoffs, some of subs seemed so CHoppy and disruptive.

E20
04-13-2006, 10:28 PM
You've been around long enough to know it's not about one game, it's about trends. We lost 3 of our last 5 at home. We aren't playing Spurs defense. No one on this team will step up unless Manu gets pissed and does it himself.

If we even make it out of the West (right now I think Dallas beats us in round 2) we'll get smoked by Detroit. There's no passion, no heart, no fire, no desire. It's fucking pathetic.
Dude, consider the fact that Tony Parker only played 25 minutes and according to some of the posts here that Coach Popovich was testing out lineups. Now, I'm pretty sure that Pop thinks in order to see what players mesh together come playoff time is worth a few losses down the stretch and chose to do it against at garbage team like Orlando. Also, I'm pretty sure that HCA against Detroit is gone, Dallas we can still get HCA against them. I'm with you on the idea that the Spurs would lose to Detroit, but not the Mavericks. The Spurs have too much experienced winners to lose to a good, young, but inexperienced Mavericks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Now, I'm pretty sure that Pop thinks in order to see what players mesh together come playoff time is worth a few losses down the stretch and chose to do it against at garbage team like Orlando

Dude, you fuck with lineups in November, not April. That's stupid.

E20
04-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Dude, you fuck with lineups in November, not April. That's stupid.
I'm guessing your calling Pop stupid not me, but I didn't see any tinkering with the lineups during the early parts of the season and even then the Spurs would have stretches that they would play like horse crap and nobody was worried except for Shawn Micheals and some other new posters regarding the fact that there would be nights where everybody played like shit, usually TD and Manu (they've since gotten better and healthier), and nobody seemed to care.

GrandeDavid
04-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Fuck it, its over. The Spurs will still claim the top seed in the West. They have shitloads of experience and depth and will be fine in the playoffs. I know its easy to say, but I still cannot imagine the Spurs getting defeated in a series in the West. No, please don't ask me about Detroit yet.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2006, 10:36 PM
How could you not fuck with the lineup when Manu is out and Parker isn't going to play his normal minutes?

T Park
04-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Who should've played??

You pretty much had no backcourt.

Van Exel was solid but couldn't shoot.

Udrih was turnover beno and sucked ass as usual.

Who else should've played??

Oberto??

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Tpark,

In the game thread, when we were pissing into the wind in the fourth, I said:

PG Barry
SG Finley
SF Bowen
PF Horry
C Duncan

Budkin
04-13-2006, 10:50 PM
No way am I giving up on these guys yet... not when our starting lineup has not been healthy the whole year. The Spurs will be a different team come playoff time. Book it.

T Park
04-13-2006, 10:55 PM
PG Barry
SG Finley
SF Bowen
PF Horry
C Duncan

:lmao

Oh yeah,

Barry was SOOO much better than Parker.

You ripping pop for playing Parker instead of Barry!??!

Parker

6-11 shooting

Barry

2-11 shooting

Damn pop, how could you not recognize that!!!!!!

T Park
04-13-2006, 10:57 PM
a healthy backcourt would've helped tonight.

Great efforts out of Horry, Duncan, Finley.

Rasho, eh. Bowen, eh.

Mohammed, Udrih should be fucking embarassed

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Oh yeah,

Check the assist/turnover ratio for the night and get back to me carney.

Worst case, slide Tony to the 2 and let Bruce run point, would that have satisfied your feeble mind?

leemajors
04-13-2006, 11:06 PM
:lmao

Oh yeah,

You ripping pop for playing Parker instead of Barry!??!

Parker

6-11 shooting

Barry

2-11 shooting

Damn pop, how could you not recognize that!!!!!!

i think he was saying if parker is hurt and needs to be rested barry should be backing him up.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Beno and NVE did squat. Tony was a turnover machine. Which is why I was saying Barry at the point. If you want to keep Tony in because of his shooting, fine. Slide him over to the SG for the purposes of the offensive and let Brent bring it up.

JamStone
04-13-2006, 11:12 PM
We need a shotblocker to pair with Tim. Portland appears to be heading for major re-construction, so maybe they'll let 33 YO Theo Ratliff go.

No one is afraid to go into the paint against SA anymore.

Ratliff makes $11.7 million next year and $11.7 the following year. That's a crazy contract.

A lot of teams need a shot-blocking presence. I don't think the Blazers would just buy him out if they believe they could get something in return for him. And, next year, his contract becomes a little more desirable because the following season, it expires.

The Spurs don't have anything to trade to the Blazers for Ratliff.

picnroll
04-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Van Exel was solid? When? 2003? All he did was chew up the shot clock and put up clangers. Beno did nothing but at least it only took him one quarter of the time to do it in.

leemajors
04-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Ratliff makes $11.7 million next year and $11.7 the following year. That's a crazy contract.

A lot of teams need a shot-blocking presence. I don't think the Blazers would just buy him out if they believe they could get something in return for him. And, next year, his contract becomes a little more desirable because the following season, it expires.

The Spurs don't have anything to trade to the Blazers for Ratliff.

the blazers could trade for isiah thomas, then we could pull something off.

HB22inSA
04-13-2006, 11:20 PM
That may be more embarrassing than the loss itself.

Like I said before, it just takes some people longer...

TDfan2007
04-13-2006, 11:50 PM
This team shouldn't be sitting around waiting on Manu to bail it out every night. That's my whole point.

Look at the Finals - Horry saved our nuts from the fire in Detroit last year, and that's what it's going to take again this year, just to get out of the West.

What is your problem. You seem to think that Manu is the greatest thing since sliced bread, Tim is useless, and Pop is a horrible coach. We lost to a team that is playing as good as they can play. Our D wasn't that great, but they still hit some incredible shots, especially in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

And Manu has rarely had a great game this year and somehow we've managed to get 60 wins, so I doubt he's the one who's bailed us out all year. :rolleyes.

I'm beginning to doubt if you pay close attention to the Spur's offense, Manu and Tony get extremely easy buckets because the defense pays such close attention to Tim. And when the Spurs run 4 down there is supposed to be an initial cut and movement, which didn't happen tonight.

Fact is, Tim is getting into playoff shape at a rapid pace as with Rob, those two are going to be key in the playoffs when the game is more grind it out. Manu's much-improved jumper and energy are going to be key as well.

T Park
04-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Don't you know that every loss is Pop's fault??

Duh....

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2006, 11:53 PM
What is your problem. You seem to think that Manu is the greatest thing since sliced bread, Tim is useless, and Pop is a horrible coach. We lost to a team that is playing as good as they can play

So we're supposed to just give up and go home when someone brings their best? What do you think we're going to see out of Dallas? Out of Detroit if we get by the Mavs? Their worst? We're one week from the fucking playoffs, it's time to get mentally tough, not be softer than Charmin'.

. Our D wasn't that great, but they still hit some incredible shots, especially in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

They shot 56% from the game. That's not Spurs defense.

I'm beginning to think you're a fucking candy ass who thought getting the participant ribbons in elementary school at track and field day was all the rage.

It's about the rings, and right now this team looks like playoff road kill.

1Parker1
04-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Worst case, slide Tony to the 2 and let Bruce run point, would that have satisfied your feeble mind?

:lol Did you just say have Bruce run the point???? Has he ever even done that?

Btw, I'm not too sure either if the Spurs will be able to repeat this season. Things aren't looking too good right now. But, what I don't understand is, why do people seem to think that Manu returning will be able to just "turn it on" in the playoffs? He hasn't been able to do so the entire season. After the amazing run Manu had last season, injuries have seriously limited him this season. I personally, don't have much faith in him finding his rythmn in time. Which is the key reason why I don't think we'll repeat. You need to have that X-factor and he was it.

SequSpur
04-13-2006, 11:56 PM
Call 1800regularseason and stfu.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2006, 11:56 PM
Did you just say have Bruce run the point???? Has he ever even done that?

:lmao D'oh. Too many fine adult beverages tonight for AHF...

But, what I don't understand is, why do people seem to think that Manu returning will be able to just "turn it on" in the playoffs? He hasn't been able to do so the entire season. After the amazing run Manu had last season, injuries have seriously limited him this season.

Great take. Unfortunately I have a feeling that this is the exact mindset of everyone on that team right now (the part about expecting Manu to come back and flip the switch).

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2006, 11:57 PM
:lol Did you just say have Bruce run the point???? Has he ever even done that?

Btw, I'm not too sure either if the Spurs will be able to repeat this season. Things aren't looking too good right now. But, what I don't understand is, why do people seem to think that Manu returning will be able to just "turn it on" in the playoffs? He hasn't been able to do so the entire season. After the amazing run Manu had last season, injuries have seriously limited him this season. I personally, don't have much faith in him finding his rythmn in time. Which is the key reason why I don't think we'll repeat. You need to have that X-factor and he was it.

finally more and more people are coming to the realization me and AHF have had since december's loss to detroit

this just isn't our year

oh well

onto next season if we dont win it all, it just wasn't meant to be

1Parker1
04-13-2006, 11:59 PM
finally more and more people are coming to the realization me and AHF have had since december's loss to detroit

this just isn't our year

oh well

onto next season if we dont win it all, it just wasn't meant to be

Unlike u gloomers, I don't think its impossible. I just am a little doubtful. I still love the SPurs. You won't see me hating on Duncan and Pop after one loss.

TDfan2007
04-13-2006, 11:59 PM
So we're supposed to just give up and go home when someone brings their best? What do you think we're going to see out of Dallas? Out of Detroit if we get by the Mavs? Their worst? We're one week from the fucking playoffs, it's time to get mentally tough, not be softer than Charmin'.

They shot 56% from the game. That's not Spurs defense.

I'm beginning to think you're a fucking candy ass who thought getting the participant ribbons in elementary school at track and field day was all the rage.

It's about the rings, and right now this team looks like playoff road kill.

Tony was subpar because of his illness, Manu didn't play (loss of energy there), and Orlando had more than their fair share of incredibly tough shots fall (especially that one on the baseline that went high and then in).

I'm going to go out on a limb, but if Tim plays with the passion and energy he's been playing with recently, Manu comes back at at least 85%, Tony feels better, and teams don't explode on us every game we should be set for another rematch with Detroit.

All of those expectations are extremely realistic so don't slit your wrists just yet.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Unlike u gloomers, I don't think its impossible. I just am a little doubtful. I still love the SPurs. You won't see me hating on Duncan and Pop after one loss.

well i wouldnt say its impossible either by any means. I just have been waiting for that SPAM stuff to happen and well..........it just isn't. anything's possible though

AFE7FATMAN
04-14-2006, 12:03 AM
6 mins left and we have bruce, van exel, nazr, rash, and finley out there. why did manu bother suiting up?

He left his Jacket at home and didn't want to be in violation of the Dress Code. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-14-2006, 12:05 AM

In all my heart I'm going to be rooting like hell for it happen, my head just says it won't this year. We haven't had that charmed season (or even 'charmed' stretch of games), and we aren't playing Spurs D (haven't all year).

Detroit looks hungry *shrugs*. I hope like hell I'm wrong on this all, just don't think I am going to be...

TDfan2007
04-14-2006, 12:07 AM
BTW Dallas is about to lose despite a huge comeback, so I think HC is a lock. Man, I wonder what those Mavs boards look like. Probably hundreds of AHF's there.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Yay, the Mavs are losing, so that makes our own pathetic performance okay [/tdfan]

Um, you realize we're going to have to take down Detroit to win it all again right? We can't even take care of our home court right now.

T Park
04-14-2006, 12:11 AM
well i wouldnt say its impossible either by any means

lol

yeah you HAVE

god

youve been practically jacking off to Flip Saunders and the Piston's game film all freakin season....

hope like hell I'm wrong on this all, just don't think I am going to be

just like you were last year after game 4.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-14-2006, 12:13 AM
^^^^^^^^ this coming from a carney who banned himself for a year after a loss to Seattle only to show up two days later.

Read what you weep bitch. :lol

1Parker1
04-14-2006, 12:14 AM
Stupid boyfriend just said, "I told you Spurs weren't going to win it this year" pctoss

These are fighting words........!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-14-2006, 12:17 AM
Not just fighting words. Let AHF comfort you words :angel

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2006, 12:18 AM
and whats wrong with giving credit to the Pistons? the fact that there just might be a team better than the spurs this year despite a roster on paper that shoulda broke 70 wins? maybe detroit is lucky to be so injury free and we had a rough year, but heaven forbid should we be so blind with homerism to not give a team that nearly beat us last year any credit.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2006, 12:19 AM
oh and 1parker1

i honestly mean to say this in the nicest classiest way possible without offending you

you have a NICE rack :oops

T Park
04-14-2006, 12:20 AM
who banned himself for a year after a loss to Seattle only to show up two days later.

it was the Pistons genius.

If your going to "attempt" to insult me geek fuck, do it right.

but heaven forbid should we be so blind with homerism to not give a team that nearly beat us last year any credit.

Slow your roll sunshine.

No one said not to give credit to Detroit.

But to jump on their bandwagon in December like you did, is stupid.

But go ahead and give the fellatio to your Rasheed Wallace doll all night chode.

Brutalis
04-14-2006, 12:21 AM
roffle la mayo..

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2006, 12:22 AM
yes i've jumped the bandwagon :rolleyes which is why I still post here. T Park you need to chill out sometimes. We get it, you've had a religious awakening in banning yourself and coming back and going through things the hard way but stop tryin to come off as Mr. SUPER FAN and drop the act.

T Park
04-14-2006, 12:24 AM
but stop tryin to come off as Mr. SUPER FAN and drop the act.

why dont you take your keyboard and shove it up your ass sideways.

You don't know me, and wont ever, so don't even ACT, like you know how big a fan I am.

Fuck off and die.

1Parker1
04-14-2006, 12:24 AM
oh and 1parker1

i honestly mean to say this in the nicest classiest way possible without offending you

:lol Thanks.

ShoogarBear
04-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Stupid boyfriend just said, "I told you Spurs weren't going to win it this year" pctoss

These are fighting words........!
Dump him.

:eyebrows

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2006, 12:27 AM
why dont you take your keyboard and shove it up your ass sideways.

You don't know me, and wont ever, so don't even ACT, like you know how big a fan I am.

Fuck off and die.

dude i got say the same fucking thing about YOU. you dont fucking know me either, i've been a fan since 97 so fuck you for calling me a bandwagoner. YOU need to shut the fuck up once in a while. YOU'RE the one who fucking QUIT the boards, i dont care what I do, its never gonna be as pathetic as BANNING MYSELF and renegading my own word less than 2 days later. i really try to be cool with you T Park, i never attack you personally or at least try to hold back cuz I think you're hopefully a better person than a pompous fuckhead on the boards, but you make it REAL hard sometimes

and 1parker1 I was about to delete my comment about you thinkin you'd take it the wrong way! phew!

T Park
04-14-2006, 12:32 AM
i've been a fan since 97

Ive been watching and attending games since 87.

When Cadillac Anderson was our inside presence, dont lecture me son.

think you're hopefully a better person than a pompous fuckhead on the boards

Your the pompous fuckhead who shits and pisses on this team at every turn. Im simply defending the damn team.

dude i got say the same fucking thing about YOU

nice english einstein.

ShoogarBear
04-14-2006, 12:32 AM
oh and 1parker1

http://www.smnnews.com/board/images/smilies/drool.gif http://www.smnnews.com/board/images/smilies/drool.gif http://www.smnnews.com/board/images/smilies/drool.gif
(and typing one-handed)

T Park
04-14-2006, 12:33 AM
:lol ^^^^

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Dump him.

:eyebrows

(says this while fantasizing with one hand)

:rolleyes

and T Park, I wasn't tryin to say I've been a fan longer than you or anything, and yeah I'm much harder on the team than I should be, but just because me or AHF or boutons give the team a lot of shit doesn't make us bandwagoners or any less of a fan than you or anyone else on this board

ShoogarBear
04-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Dude, I help her go bra shopping.

Or was that a dream?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Dude, I help her go bra shopping.

nice

EDIT: read the fine print :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2006, 12:37 AM
also shoogarbear did you used to be a Pacers fan?? there was someone on this board who was a diehard pacers fan and he had a similiar avatar to you though I'm probably just getting you mixed up with somebody else I'm sure

Leetonidas
04-14-2006, 12:38 AM
I've been a fan since 01' and I never quit on my team. Been a fan since I was 11. :)

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2006, 12:44 AM
I've been a fan since 01' and I never quit on my team. Been a fan since I was 11. :)

exactly so just cuz someone has been a fan since '74 doesnt make them a BIGGER fan than you, people just react to their teams differently but I dont think people who are pessimistic are any less of a fan. we'll all still be here nex year and year after that no matter what

Leetonidas
04-14-2006, 12:45 AM
exactly so just cuz someone has been a fan since '74 doesnt make them a BIGGER fan than you, people just react to their teams differently but I dont think people who are pessimistic are any less of a fan. we'll all still be here nex year and year after that no matter what

Word.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Arguing you've been a fan since x number of years ago therefore you're better is a lot like the special olympics - even when you win you're still a retard.

Look, everyone here is a Spurs fan. If they didn't care about the silver and black, they wouldn't be here (well, except for the Pistons fans, Laker fans, etc. but you get the point).

ShoogarBear
04-14-2006, 12:47 AM
also shoogarbear did you used to be a Pacers fan?? :vomit:

there was someone on this board who was a diehard pacers fan and he had a similiar avatar to you though I'm probably just getting you mixed up with somebody else I'm sureYou're thinking of pooh. I don't know what happened to him; I don't think he's been around in over a year.

Leetonidas
04-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Arguing you've been a fan since x number of years ago therefore you're better is a lot like the special olympics - even when you win you're still a retard.

I was just trying to make a point. :smokin

Kori Ellis
04-14-2006, 12:53 AM
Eh, no Manu. Tony barely could walk and only played because Manu couldn't. Magic are the hottest team in the league.

I didn't care at all about this loss.

You know why? Because Timmy D is back, baby. R.I.P. rest of the league.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2006, 12:56 AM

Look, everyone here is a Spurs fan. If they didn't care about the silver and black, they wouldn't be here (well, except for the Pistons fans, Laker fans, etc. but you get the point).

speaking of special olympics.........

you know whats better than winning the gold in the special olympics?

WALKING!

sorry its an old joke i know but I couldnt resist!

ShoogarBear
04-14-2006, 12:58 AM
Eh, no Manu. Tony barely could walk and only played because Manu couldn't. Magic are the hottest team in the league.

I still didn't like what I saw on defense. Hottest team in the league, maybe, but still 9-30 on the road entering this game. And Spurs have lost 3 fo 4 at home.

Don't want to overstate the gloom, but they really need to start showing something these last three games.

Kori Ellis
04-14-2006, 01:00 AM
I still didn't like what I saw on defense. Hottest team in the league, maybe, but still 9-30 on the road entering this game. And Spurs have lost 3 fo 4 at home.

Don't want to overstate the gloom, but they really need to start showing something these last three games.

Without Tony and Manu (which was virtually what it was tonight) they aren't going to show anything. Just hope that they rest up and are ready for Game 1. Tim is obviously feeling a lot better.

Leetonidas
04-14-2006, 01:01 AM

Kori speaks the truth. :tu

If Tim is back, the league should be scared...very scared.

T Park
04-14-2006, 01:38 AM
ithout Tony and Manu (which was virtually what it was tonight) they aren't going to show anything

Thank you.

101A
04-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Call 1800regularseason and stfu.

:lol

I'm beginning to enjoy Sequ's single posts in the these shower-rod threads.

I agree. This was non-conference; Pop is still fidgeting. He sees more value in learning how to mix & match the club, and tryin crap out than building any type of cushion between SA & Dallas. With the Mavs losing, expect another L before Houston - Pop can't help himself this year.

The West has been an afterthought ALL season; it HAS been in the bag. Pop never intended on chasing Detroit; that would have killed both clubs as win totals no doubt would have approached 70 - he ceded HCA in the finals LONG ago.

It's been said over and over, but this ENTIRE season has been about fine-tuning for the playoffs - and specifically for the finals.

Does this team need to be on a roll to start winning - no.
Do they have enough heart? Uh, 2 rings in 3 season says "Yes".
Do they need to gell? Why? The core has been together for quite a while now, everybody else whose gonna play is a successfull, season vet.

PF? What PF? - 31,13,6???? Are you kidding me? Tell me there isn't a switch that didn't just thrown.

I have said it all along, and there are still others on this board who believe; this is all going according to schedule, and this team WILL roll through the West and meet up with Detroit for a clash of the Titans rematch. Pop has been preparing for it all season long; I'm not sure Flip has.

101A
04-14-2006, 09:33 AM

Why, exactly?

To scare La/Sac?

To appease you?

To build confidence?

They are the defending champs who have won 60 games. They have shown plenty. It should scare the hell out of the league that Pop has a whole 'nother preseason before the playoffs.

They don't need to do anything but stay healthy (HCA has taken care of itself, hasn't it) - and beat the crap out of whoever is unfortunate enough to draw them in round 1.

leemajors
04-14-2006, 09:36 AM
i am just wary. i don't want them to be steamrolling everyone into the playoffs. i remember a 17 game win streak coming to a crashing halt vs the lake show, but then again i would have just liked to see a more consistent effort across the board last night. the loss to dallas didn't thrill me but at least they were scratching and clawing to get back into it.

Obstructed_View
04-14-2006, 09:41 AM
2-3 in the last 5? I think it's the boobs. They make it difficult to focus.

spurster
04-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Yes, I think the rally boobs are not working.

Or else Pop made an agreement with Avery to have both teams suck for the last few games.

smeagol
04-14-2006, 10:05 AM
ha ha ha ha, Manu bail it out every night? can't even remember if Manu played this year!

dumber
The village idiot is back!

ducks
04-14-2006, 10:22 AM
the game last night just proves how important tp is to this team

MoSpur
04-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I got sick watch this game. You know why? Tim Duncan finally shook off the PFitis and played like the Tim Duncan we're all use to and no one else on the team cared to join him. Its like they were all in shock to see him back and thought he was going to carry them all the way through.

This is team is nowhere near the team they were last year. I thought it was just getting the new guys meshing together, but its more than that. This team has had opportunities to get HCA overall, but failed to do so. They could have wrapped up HCA in the West and again fail. This team is going back to their "Soft" days. I hate to say it, but I just don't see them like I did last year.

Last year they were rolling and putting fear into a lot of opponents. Not this year. When teams like Orlando, Sacramento, & Chicago come into your building and beat you, its a shame.

taruky
04-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Dude, consider the fact that Tony Parker only played 25 minutes and according to some of the posts here that Coach Popovich was testing out lineups. Now, I'm pretty sure that Pop thinks in order to see what players mesh together come playoff time is worth a few losses down the stretch and chose to do it against at garbage team like Orlando. .

Dude, you're an idiot. Check out the Magic's record since they dumped Francis, and look at the teams they've beaten. As much as I like Francis, he was a hindrance to the team. The Magic are infinitely better than their record shows, anyone with an ounce of basketball IQ can see that.

Your theory that Pop was "experimenting" with lineups is hilarious. Looked pretty damn clear to me that the Spurs were trying hard to win. You're too fucking stupid to use a more legitimate excuse like Manu didn't play.

SpurYank
04-14-2006, 11:45 AM
The Spurs didn't so much lose this game as the Magic won it. A call here, a shot that goes in there, a ricochet over there instead of over here, a three-second violation that isn't seen, and on and on, and this is a different game altogether. Most of you will be saying the same thing about Minnesota on Sunday, the Jazz on Monday, and (hopefully not) the Rockets on Wednesday. Every team can beat every team right now. What we could say about the strengths of the West and the weaknesses of the East just do not apply anymore this late in the season. If the Magic were playing the Pistons for everything today, they would not get swept. They may not win in seven, but the Pistons would know they were in a dog fight.

Me? I'm thrilled as hell about the upcoming playoffs. I'll rejoice if we win and try to be humble around here. If we lose, I've got next year to look forward to. I'm sure Pop will do everything possible to continue bringing the city a champion.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Wow, some of you on this thread are in extreme denial.

picnroll
04-14-2006, 12:54 PM
tarucky you lost me at "as much as I like Francis". I think even Jim would agree that Francis sucks by now.

BTW Magic flat out beat the Spurs. No lucky breaks, no refs, no excuses.

Nikos
04-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Orlando is solid. Really solid right now. I like their core of Howard, Nelso, Turkoglu, and Milicic. Nelson especially has been really solid for them. If they get a nice draft pick they will be a very good team next season.

leemajors
04-14-2006, 01:36 PM
record since chest?

Kori Ellis
04-14-2006, 01:54 PM
So many people are crazy right now.

Last year at this time we were dying that Timmy might not be able to go in the playoffs because of his ankle. Rasho had gone down with an ankle injury too and no one knew if Nazr would be able to hang.

The 3 games before Tim got the flu, I was pretty sure that his PF was getting better. The Seattle game, I was sure it was. Last night solidified that. Tim looked better than he has in a year. He said he's feeling better/healthier than he has all season.

This is a good thing.

SpursWoman
04-14-2006, 02:06 PM
2-3 in the last 5? I think it's the boobs. They make it difficult to focus.

Yeah...I'd taken mine off and they beat the Sonics, so I left it off for the Magic and that didn't work, either.

I'm going to have to find something with even stronger mojo capabilities in time for Sunday.

:)

ChumpDumper
04-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Our reliance on cheap porn is this team's downfall.

SpursWoman
04-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Cheap? When's the last time you had to buy a good bra? And a good digital camera? :spin

MoSpur
04-14-2006, 02:09 PM
The Spurs aren't the same people. This is obvious. Am I throwing in the towel? No. No way. I am just saying the Spurs aren't what they were a year ago. Even with Tim's ankle last year, I still felt it. I don't this year. I still believe they can win because this team has more than what it takes. They just need to find it. Fast too.

Kori Ellis
04-14-2006, 02:10 PM
record since chest?

7-2. (I'm not counting the Dallas/Sac losses because those were ruined by those stupid roll call threads the guys were starting in regards to it).

kris
04-14-2006, 02:12 PM
The Spurs are 60 and 0 when I really think they will win.

kris
04-14-2006, 02:13 PM
The Spurs are 19-0 when I have a bad feeling.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-14-2006, 02:15 PM
This team doesn't appear to have come together like in years past. There hasn't been a crystallizing momemt yet this season for this team. Probably won't be until they get down in a playoff series, then we'll see what they're made of this year.

I'm really trying to be optimistic about it, but I just don't see the desire with this year's squad. Contrast them to Detroit, who seems to be on a mission of redemption. I just don't like the odds....

Kori Ellis
04-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Contrast them to Detroit, who seems to be on a mission of redemption.

Contrast them to Detroit, who has been injury free.

Somehow AHF thinks that's not relevant.

I don't see how you guys have expected them to "come together" when Tim has been hurt all year (and Manu has been hurt a lot of it). Tim looks healthy now -- healthier than he looked in last season's playoffs. It seems like they are just resting Manu (he wanted to go last night).

ChumpDumper
04-14-2006, 02:18 PM
Ah, had this team been as healthy as Detroit all year, our record wold be as good or better. The fact that we stayed in the HCA hunt so long is crystal enough for me, all things considered. It would be nice to have more confidence going into the playoffs but we're playing the hand that was dealt us.

SAGambler
04-14-2006, 02:50 PM
They haven't played Spurs D all year.

Now, credit where credit is due: Orlando is going to be a top half playoff team next year in the East. Book it.

Yeah. They only ranked 2nd in the league in Defense. Gee, what an embarassment that must be.
:oops

As to Orlando, if they had the team all year they have right now, they wouldn't be fighting to make the playoffs. They would have clinched it a long time ago. Let's see, they have beaten Spurs, Pistons, Heat, all in the last couple of weeks. I think this team is just stronger than most give them credit for.

This is one team whose record belies the talent they now have.

SenorSpur
04-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Orlando is solid. Really solid right now. I like their core of Howard, Nelso, Turkoglu, and Milicic. Nelson especially has been really solid for them. If they get a nice draft pick they will be a very good team next season.

I saw Nelson on a few occasions last year and couldn't believe they opted to keep that kid on the bench after stealing him in the draft. It was so obvious that he should have been the primary PG on the court with Howard.

In reality, Orlando should have parted with Francis during the offseason. He's a selfish, malcontented, punk - always has been, always will be. It's no wonder that team is flourishing without him around.

SAGambler
04-14-2006, 02:57 PM

Howard is a monster. Give him a couple of years to mature, and he will REALLY be a monster.

Nelson...Geez, looked like he was shooting darts last night.

Turkoglu.....well, we do know he can be streaky at times...Last night he was on.

Milicic...What a waste in Detroit riding the bench. Can you imagine where this kid would have been right now if Brown, and now Saunders would have given him some playing time. Orlando got a steal of deal there.

Looking to next year, this is a team I am going to follow as much as possible. They could quite easily become the franchise of the East for a long time to come. All those guys are young studs and are only going to get better.

dmac
04-14-2006, 02:58 PM
:lol We're shooting 51% and losing by 9. At home

:wtf
that's the stat that's killing me!

Obstructed_View
04-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Yeah...I'd taken mine off...
Damn. I hate to have missed that. :)

SpurYank
04-14-2006, 07:12 PM
I honestly believe the Spurs are a better team this year than they were last, on many fronts. Nazr is better than a year ago (but still unpredictable and "walks" too often); Finley and NVE are potential heavy scoreres every night; Barry can destroy you if he is on with his downtown shooting; Horry will be Horry come playoff time; Bruce is having one of his best defensive years; and Parker is at least two notches above last year. Then there's Manu lifting his game up a notch or two in the playoffs. With Oberto coming in and doing the non-statistically relevant things that make a difference. I still think the Spurs will repeat. And by the way, most NBA long time watchers feel the same way. They are not as certain about the Pistons being there.

There will be a lot of crow-eating amongst our "loyal fans."