PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan - Monster Line

Leetonidas
04-13-2006, 10:03 PM
31 pts, 6 ast, 13 reb :wow

Very nice effort from The Big Fundamental tonight.

spurs=bling
04-13-2006, 10:04 PM
he did good. and he looked like the only one that wanted to win. but its good to see the old Timmy coming backing in time for the playoffs.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2006, 10:05 PM
great game from timmy!, too bad the lack of consistency as a team will be our downfall as one man can't win it alone

Trifecta
04-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Tim, keep up the good production!!!

Much love to the brotha'

Leetonidas
04-13-2006, 10:08 PM
great game from timmy!, too bad the lack of consistency as a team will be our downfall as one man can't win it alone

If Tony wasn't sick or Manu was playing, easily a Spurs W.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2006, 10:14 PM

i can believe that

leemajors
04-13-2006, 10:15 PM
too bad when he did have a game like that everyone else decided to stand around and watch.

Leetonidas
04-13-2006, 10:17 PM
too bad when he did have a game like that everyone else decided to stand around and watch.

I never believed that the Mavs would catch us so this loss doesn't bother me. Orlando has been playing great, and 2 of our big 3 was down. Tim played great, and I am very pleased with that. :)

Pistons < Spurs
04-13-2006, 10:18 PM
31 pts, 6 ast, 13 reb :wow

Very nice effort from The Big Fundamental tonight.

.....and 2 blocks & 2 steals

Leetonidas
04-13-2006, 10:20 PM
He was playing against Howard and Battie (mostly Battie) and he displayed some great moves. That spin move to the backward jam was awesome.

RON ARTEST
04-13-2006, 10:29 PM
and if my mom had balls she would be my father.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-13-2006, 10:30 PM
What timmy earned in that game is confidence in his offense. What Timmy should do is Scream at his teammates in the locker room and say "LOOK AT THIS LINE BIATCHES. NOW LOOK AT THIS W. IT'S BY ORLANDO! WTF?
....YOU MAKE ME WANNA RETCH. A NEAR TRIPLE DOUBLE NIGHT.. AND I WASTED IT ON YOUU...

1Parker1
04-13-2006, 11:05 PM
I honestly don;t mind this loss. All because of Tim's stat line. That's hope enough right there. I can't remember the last time he had a game this awesome. :tu

Like someone else said, if Tony weren't sick and Manu were playing, this would have been a blowout. Especially if Finley had also continued to play the way he did tonight

cs100
04-13-2006, 11:11 PM
I honestly don;t mind this loss. All because of Tim's stat line. That's hope enough right there. I can't remember the last time he had a game this awesome. :tu

Like someone else said, if Tony weren't sick and Manu were playing, this would have been a blowout. Especially if Finley had also continued to play the way he did tonight

My thoughts too -- about the game and especially about Tim. He was moving really well, made moves and shots that we haven't seen in some time. It is a good sign for the playoffs. This loss is not doom and gloom. We will still win the conference. If we don't, we can beat dallas on their home court, so what is the big deal?

I do admit that the Spurs were just standing around watching when Timmy had the ball. They needed to move the ball more in the offense.

Give the Magic credit, they made some very tough shots. We weren't perfect in our defense, but Tony was dragging and Bruce did not have enough help with Manu out.

HB22inSA
04-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Tim Duncan - Monster Line
In a loss.

angel_luv
04-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Timmy did really well. I was very proud and happy for him. :)

Leetonidas
04-14-2006, 12:13 AM
In a loss.

Do you ever shut the hell up?

TDfan2007
04-14-2006, 12:14 AM
has been wasted by poor effort from his teammates, but regardless is a terrific sign, and is also the reason why I'm not completely depressed right now.

Brutalis
04-14-2006, 12:14 AM
in a loss, against the freaking magic.

Brutalis
04-14-2006, 12:15 AM
..but hopefully it was a stepping stone

cs100
04-14-2006, 12:16 AM
dallas lost to phoenix tonight. We can erase this game from the books. :lol

Leetonidas
04-14-2006, 12:36 AM

Like I said though, loss aside, Tim played amazing.

Kori Ellis
04-14-2006, 12:57 AM

Who cares. Did you watch the game? He was more mobile, agile and aggressive than I've seen in him in a year.

Obstructed_View
04-14-2006, 01:04 AM
Timmy's rounding into form, Manu is healing up, Tony's getting over the flu. Gonna be a postseason for the ages. I'm not sure why anyone gives a shit about 1 or 4, but then again I'm not sure how Amused can think lack of consistency is the downfall of the most consistent Spurs team in memory.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2006, 01:11 AM
Timmy's rounding into form, Manu is healing up, Tony's getting over the flu. Gonna be a postseason for the ages. I'm not sure why anyone gives a shit about 1 or 4, but then again I'm not sure how Amused can think lack of consistency is the downfall of the most consistent Spurs team in memory.

sorry obstruct i shoulda cleared up my comment a bit. what i meant by lack of consistency is that it rarely seems like we have more than one player clicking at a time. for the most part it feels like if tony has a great game then manu and tim have sub par games. if finley goes 7/10 then the starters play poorly. in the playoffs we had manu playing at an extremely high level plus solid consistency from everyone. Having one guy get a great game may be enough for a team as talented as the spurs to cruise on, but come playoff time against the dallas's and detroits of the world tim is gonna need to be huge as will solid consistency from t park (who for the most part has been superb this year) and manu needs to kick it up a notch as well as consistent play from barry, NVE, and finley, cuz our outside shot could make or break us (see 2004 playoffs)

cs100
04-14-2006, 01:34 AM
If I remember correctly, and I'm not sure that I do, I think Manu had poor games 3 and 4 in Detroit during the finals. I think it is great that different players can step up for different games. It helps when the opponent doesn't know who to concentrate on, defensive wise.

But yes, I think Timmy needs to be consistent for all the games. If he had not been sick with the flu, I think we would have seen a month worth of consistency from Tim. He was getting his groove back before he got sick, lost 15 pounds and played in a weakened condition. Now he is over the flu bug and biting down on the bullet with the PF problem. He is moving, spinning, getting his own misses for putbacks, faking, hitting bankers and even dunking the ball more than most of the season.

I believe that he will continue to improve his consistency as we go along in the playoffs.

ThirdCoast
04-14-2006, 04:02 AM
When the Spurs won the title last year, I was so happy that Duncan finally got a 3rd ring. I mean, he is a great player and all great players deserve to go out on top. This will be Duncans last year, FYI. His ankle is killing him. If the Spurs can get past La or Sac, then maybe they will have the honor of losing to Miami this June.

polandprzem
04-14-2006, 04:21 AM
Is Tim back?
Spurs not?
5TO
11pts after break

There are no San Antonio Duncans :)

cs100
04-14-2006, 04:47 AM
When the Spurs won the title last year, I was so happy that Duncan finally got a 3rd ring. I mean, he is a great player and all great players deserve to go out on top. This will be Duncans last year, FYI. His ankle is killing him.

:wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :frying: :frying:

If the Spurs can get past La or Sac, then maybe they will have the honor of losing to Miami this June.

:lol :lmao :lol :lmao :lol :blah :blah :blah :lol :lmao :lmao

Rummpd
04-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Expect him to average this at least in a playoff series.

SpursWoman
04-14-2006, 11:17 AM

Right ... the same "freaking Magic" that had won 9 of their last 10, including wins against Miami, Detroit, and Dallas going into that game.

Unfortunately for them, they didn't start off the season playing like that ... much props to them last night, they were a completely different team than the one that started back in November. :tu

Leetonidas
04-14-2006, 11:22 AM
When the Spurs won the title last year, I was so happy that Duncan finally got a 3rd ring. I mean, he is a great player and all great players deserve to go out on top. This will be Duncans last year, FYI. His ankle is killing him. If the Spurs can get past La or Sac, then maybe they will have the honor of losing to Miami this June.

:lol

Das Texan
04-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Good to see Timmy getting over that case of Horritiis.

Couldnt have come too soon.

Leetonidas
04-14-2006, 11:56 AM
no one else on the team gave a shit about wining that game

if the Spurs weren't on cruise control we wouldn't of loss that game

Without Tony and Manu, it was probably going to happen. Orlando is a good team, and they're going to be fucking scary next year. Nelson, Howard, Milicic, Turkoglu, and if he can ever get healthy, Grant Hill. They'll get a decent draft pick too.