PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody answer this?

aaronstampler
04-14-2006, 12:37 AM
Does anyone know if Kenny Smith ever made a formal apology to the international basketball community?

I was just reading some articles from a while back, and apparantly, a few years ago, Kenny was speaking to all the incoming rookies in the league, like 50 players, but all he spoke to was the African-American players and ignored all the Europeans. Just dismissed them completely.

When Jiri Welsch challenged him about it, Kenny said that international players were just a trend and a fad and they were there to make the fans and the corporate interests (re: white people) happy.

After the Olympics and Manu's heroics in the finals, did Kenny ever say he was wrong?

JealousOnesNV
04-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Link?

exstatic
04-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Does anyone know if Kenny Smith ever made a formal apology to the international basketball community?

I was just reading some articles from a while back, and apparantly, a few years ago, Kenny was speaking to all the incoming rookies in the league, like 50 players, but all he spoke to was the African-American players and ignored all the Europeans. Just dismissed them completely.

When Jiri Welsch challenged him about it, Kenny said that international players were just a trend and a fad and they were there to make the fans and the corporate interests (re: white people) happy.

After the Olympics and Manu's heroics in the finals, did Kenny ever say he was wrong?

I remember that too. It was part of the NBA mentoring pre-draft program. I didn't pay it much attention, since as an avowed Spur basher, I don't think it was possible for me to dislike Kenny any more. He's a tool. I think it was on air, so there won't be a link. I did a google search and got a response from Cuban's blog.

DarkReign
04-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Kenny Smith from TNT broadcast?!

Holy ....

What a tool.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Kenny is a fool.

mike detroit
04-15-2006, 09:41 AM

remember when people used to say that euro players just didn't have the desire the win the stanley cup? this happens in every sport. give it time.

mavsfan1000
04-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Kenny Smith=punk