View Full Version : Phoenix: 16-24 3PT

Leetonidas
04-14-2006, 12:51 AM
:wow

They shoot a ton of threes. Nice job.

Xylus
04-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Uhhhh...No.

The Suns shot 16-24 from 3-point land. That's 67%. Extremely efficient tonight.

Leetonidas
04-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Someone lied to me on TNT tonight. Bastards. Either way, lot of threes.

Leetonidas
04-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Nevermind, I heard wrong. I must be tired. :lol

T.F. Storm
04-14-2006, 01:04 AM
Man, I was about to say...44 threes?! That would be freaking insane. You just don't jack up that many three's. Looks like a Sheed statline on a back 2 back game. :lol

JMarkJohns
04-14-2006, 01:46 AM
You wanna know the funny part?

I've seen them attempt more threes when they were shooting bad.

Oh those pesky habits... they always rear their little heads when it matters.

It was nice to see them play for the majority of a game. It had been a while.

mavsfan1000
04-14-2006, 02:36 AM
The mavs were a big part in the suns great shooting. Every shot was wide open. Unbelievable. Jason Terry is a horrible defender.

Leetonidas
04-14-2006, 11:28 AM
The mavs were a big part in the suns great shooting. Every shot was wide open. Unbelievable. Jason Terry is a horrible defender.

Not really. The Suns are a running team and they get everyone wide open shots. It's what they do.

Xylus
04-14-2006, 02:13 PM
That PHX-DAL game last night was pretty crazy.

First, Raja Bell allegedly elbowed Daniels in the head and was called for a flagrant (I say allegedly because I didn't see the replay). Next possession, Raja gets called for a personal foul. Then on defense, Raja Bell started playing with his hands behind his back, a little taunt to the refs.

Raja starts playing with a little personality. On offense, Bell tries to drive to the hoop from the perimeter but Dirk accidentally hits him pretty hard with his hip. Raja falls, trying to draw another flagrant but to no avail. So, Raja gets the ball again and drains a three. He runs back on defense with his arms behind his back yet again, smiles, lowers his head, and stares straight at Dirk with a mischievous grin.

Soon after that, Dampier nearly kills Marion by putting both hands in Marion's face on his way up to the basket. Flagrant.

Minute later, Dirk goes up the hoop and Tim Thomas brings his arms down really hard on Dirk. Clearly another flagrant. Tim Thomas raises his hand to take credit for the foul, but Dirk gets a little upset by the unnecessary roughness. He starts walking towards TT likes he's going to shove him, but Bell steps in the way. Of course, Bell's been taunting Dirk for the last few minutes, so the big guy pushes Raja arm out of the way and gets called for a technical. 3 Flagrants and a Technical already.

A minute after that, Armstrong grabs James Jones' arm on a driving layup and Jones goes down. And although it didn't look like Armstrong meant to make a hard foul, it was hard enough to be called another flagrant, the 4th of the quarter.

This all happened within 3 or 4 minutes. Very exciting. :D

StylisticS
04-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Not really. The Suns are a running team and they get everyone wide open shots. It's what they do.

True. And we was stupid to play along with it. Like pickup basketball and shit. We did not play our offense whatsoever and it cost us. Phoenix baites you to play there style and it works with 27 other teams in the NBA. Dallas was stupid to fall for the same trick on March 5th and last night.

Xylus
04-14-2006, 06:27 PM
True. And we was stupid to play along with it. Like pickup basketball and shit. We did not play our offense whatsoever and it cost us. Phoenix baites you to play there style and it works with 27 other teams in the NBA. Dallas was stupid to fall for the same trick on March 5th and last night.
If it's 27 teams, then Dallas must fall prey to the Suns' style as well, since I'm assuming the other two teams that don't succumb to the style are the Pistons and Spurs.

StylisticS
04-14-2006, 09:42 PM
If it's 27 teams, then Dallas must fall prey to the Suns' style as well, since I'm assuming the other two teams that don't succumb to the style are the Pistons and Spurs.

Yeah. That's who I was talking about. Couldn't mention Phoenix because I'm talking about them anyway. :lol