PDA

View Full Version : People who camp out at Brackenridge Park for 2 days for an Easter spot.....

CharlieMac
04-14-2006, 09:38 AM
Being crammed in between two other families for two+ nights can't be that fun, can it?

Solid D
04-14-2006, 09:47 AM
I'd say someone's got a little time on their hands.

A family or two ought to reconsider a different venue for carrying out their family traditions. There are lots of places to hide eggs.

CharlieMac
04-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Surely someone must have a house with a backyard.

Marklar MM
04-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Surely someone must have a house with a backyard.

Who needs a backyard. Hide the eggs in the attic, and then lock it when the kids go up there.

CharlieMac
04-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Or you could never even hide the eggs in the first place. Keep them busy.

SpursWoman
04-14-2006, 10:15 AM
I've never, ever understood that. :wtf

Even when I lived in an apartment, I hid eggs for my daughter around inside & the balcony. Now I have over 1/2 an acre to mess with them....and 6 cats to make it disgusting. :smokin :lmao

Old School Chic
04-14-2006, 10:17 AM
I rather sleep in and just go to the park when everything is ready... :spin

Thank God for Inlaws

pache100
04-14-2006, 10:18 AM
I've always thought the Brackenridge Park Easter camp-out/picnic thing was over-rated. I would never do it. I love camping, but not jammed up on top of hundreds of other people like that in the city. When I camp, I want to be in the woods or near a lake or river, and never after it gets this warm. I sure don't want people that close to me. I'd rather spend a quiet day at home, barbecuing on my own (clean) grill and sleeping in my own (airconditioned) bedroom.

We're having barbecued chicken, potato salad, and baked beans for Easter dinner.

Old School Chic
04-14-2006, 10:41 AM
I've always thought the Brackenridge Park Easter camp-out/picnic thing was over-rated. I would never do it. I love camping, but not jammed up on top of hundreds of other people like that in the city. When I camp, I want to be in the woods or near a lake or river, and never after it gets this warm. I sure don't want people that close to me. I'd rather spend a quiet day at home, barbecuing on my own (clean) grill and sleeping in my own (airconditioned) bedroom.

We're having barbecued chicken, potato salad, and baked beans for Easter dinner.

We're having barbecued chicken, potato salad, and baked beans for Easter dinner. Yummy! :spin

MannyIsGod
04-14-2006, 12:17 PM
I"m making Fajitas at home. To hell with the park.

Mixability
04-14-2006, 01:01 PM

:tu

Vashner
04-14-2006, 01:49 PM
I checked it out last week. They fixed the park up nice.

Yea I think it's good for them to camp out. Brak is a special place.

kris
04-14-2006, 01:51 PM
My mom hides Easter eggs for me to hunt around the house. The good ones have quarters. ;)

Vashner
04-14-2006, 01:54 PM
hehe really though Brak is a paradise. The Springs there. One still by the school / street / old Dog pound.

When it was first discovered it was crystal clear spring river like Comal. I always was pissed because it was like the city didn't want you swimming in the river.

Taco
04-14-2006, 04:00 PM

GTG @ Manny's!!!

I'll bring the Tortillas and Beer!!! :lol

JoePublic
04-14-2006, 05:14 PM
It's tradition. People who don't get it don't do it.

Solid D
04-14-2006, 05:18 PM
I do understand tradition.

I've lived in SA a long time and I've been to Brackenridge Park so many times I can't count them...from Picnics, to Easter, to City League and Church League Softball games to the Zoo. I would count myself in the category of one who gets it and thus chooses to go elsewhere at Easter.

JoePublic
04-14-2006, 05:22 PM
I do understand tradition.

I've lived in SA a long time and I've been to Brackenridge Park so many times I can't count them...from Picnics, to Easter, to City League and Church League Softball games to the Zoo. I would count myself in the category of one who gets it and thus chooses to go elsewhere at Easter.

I don't go there either but those who do obviously enjoy it is my point. I personally don't like to be around family during the holidays so I choose to stay at home. :lol

Solid D
04-14-2006, 05:24 PM
:) :tu Happy Easter, ya'll!

samikeyp
04-14-2006, 09:04 PM
It's tradition. People who don't get it don't do it.

I get it...but I don't do it. Some people love it, for them I am glad they are doing something they love.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-14-2006, 09:16 PM
I get it...but I don't do it. Some people love it, for them I am glad they are doing something they love.

You mean like getting a hooker?