PDA

View Full Version : Dropping Games?

TOP_MODEL_M
04-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Hey, I'm really curious about what you guys think about the Grizzlies/Clippers fight for the 5th playoff spot. They have similar records - 46-33 and 45-33 respectively with only a few more games till the end of the season.
My point is, do you think either of them would be happy to be 5th and play San Antonio ( 60-19 ) or Dallas ( 59-20 ), rather than Denver ( 44-35 )?
As much as I'm trying to ignore all CIA stuff, I know for sure I'd choose Denver if I could, had I been their coach, GM, or a fan...

mavsfan1000
04-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Barkley thinks Denver would be a tougher matchup. :lol He is a dumbass.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-14-2006, 02:24 PM
if the Nuggets are healthy (which they probably wion't be) then id agree with him

the fact is, the Nuggets haven't faced the mavs, Spurs, Pistons, grizzlies or clips with a full strength team this season

If they are healthy in the playoffs they can make some serious noise but i just dont see them being healthy, and in that case then of course clips or grizzlies would be better off vs the Nuggets

but its stupid to tank games for that reason, even Elton Brand recognises that playing any team in the playoffs isnt an 'easy' task

JamStone
04-14-2006, 02:50 PM
With Kenyon Martin and Marcus Camby, Denver is the much more dangerous team than a psychologically-beaten, self-inflicted Dallas Mavericks team. And, Denver is much more athletic than the Spurs team is right now with its injuries to Duncan and Ginobili.

The Spurs won't fall to the four seed now, but even if they did, I would rather go against a less than 100% Tim Duncan and a hobbled Manu Ginobili before either of them hit a stride in the middle of the playoffs.