PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons says no mvp Tim

badboysdominate
04-14-2006, 01:20 PM
"Tim Duncan: In many ways, this isn't his greatest season -- thanks to his Phil Plantieritis or whatever it's called, he couldn't move laterally, couldn't get any lift, wasn't getting as many putbacks, had trouble filling the lane on fast breaks, never looked even remotely comfortable -- and yet, his team kept winning and his numbers didn't look much different than normal. You can't judge a great athlete until he's playing hurt, and in Duncan's case, his consistency was almost heroic. But he wasn't nearly as dominant, and I watched too many Spurs games in which he wasn't even the fifth-best player on the court. So I can't call him an MVP candidate. With many regrets."

There should be an award for being a badass and playing while hurt, call it something like the BWH Award (badass while hurt), I am sure someone can come up with something better than that, I just thought the guy should get something. Maybe I will make a mock up trophy in 3d studio max and post it.

ducks
04-14-2006, 01:23 PM
any body that has seen him play this year knows he has no shot at winning the mvp

Melmart1
04-14-2006, 01:25 PM
I never saw Bill Simmons as the Captain Obvious type. But I guess its out of respect that he even includes Duncan in MVP talk, so that is a nice gesture.

SpursWoman
04-14-2006, 01:31 PM
There should be an award for being a badass and playing while hurt, call it something like the BWH Award (badass while hurt), I am sure someone can come up with something better than that, I just thought the guy should get something. Maybe I will make a mock up trophy in 3d studio max and post it.

:tu :lol

MannyIsGod
04-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Iverson would dominate that award.

ChumpDumper
04-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Bill Simmons says no mvp TimChumpDumper says "no shit, Bill."

DarkReign
04-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Iverson would dominate that award.

It would be named The Iverson Award.

Rummpd
04-14-2006, 03:59 PM
If Duncan played for the Celtics or God forbid the Clippers Simmons would have him bronzed next to Larry Bird in his all universe HOF already.

leemajors
04-14-2006, 04:12 PM
If Duncan played for the Celtics or God forbid the Clippers Simmons would have him bronzed next to Larry Bird in his all universe HOF already.

simmons readily admits that duncan is one of the greatest players ever.

Rummpd
04-14-2006, 04:30 PM
I know that but imagine if he had gone to Boston!

I like Simmons by the way, his article this year on the lousy NBA GM card game was among the classics of all time with Isiah and McHale and the Hawks GM among those in the mix.

kris
04-14-2006, 04:32 PM
"Tim Duncan: In many ways, this isn't his greatest season -- thanks to his Phil Plantieritis or whatever it's called, he couldn't move laterally, couldn't get any lift, wasn't getting as many putbacks, had trouble filling the lane on fast breaks, never looked even remotely comfortable -- and yet, his team kept winning and his numbers didn't look much different than normal. You can't judge a great athlete until he's playing hurt, and in Duncan's case, his consistency was almost heroic. But he wasn't nearly as dominant, and I watched too many Spurs games in which he wasn't even the fifth-best player on the court. So I can't call him an MVP candidate. With many regrets."

How did this make a topic headline?

ZStomp
04-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Duh.

adidas11
04-14-2006, 05:53 PM
It was a hilarious article, by the way.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060414

1Parker1
04-14-2006, 08:07 PM
But "Lost" relies on a number of quality actors, all of whom play a role in the show's success to varying degrees: Jack, Sawyer, Locke, Kate and Hurley (that's their starting five). Personally, I think Sawyer is the best character, not just from an acting standpoint, but from an entertaining/interesting/dramatic standpoint). He's the Rasheed Wallace of the group, someone who doesn't need to carry every episode, brings a ton of stuff to the table and takes nothing off (and they're both funny as hell). As for the rest, Locke is probably Ben Wallace (does all the little stuff); Kate is Tayshaun Prince (the token chick/fifth man); Hurley is Rip Hamilton (totally underrated, always rises to the occasion); and Billups is Jack (the leader of the group).

:lmao :lmao Oh my god, that's so awesome. I could totally see Sawyer as the "Rasheed" of the group.

1Parker1
04-14-2006, 08:18 PM
BTW, Simmons makes some good points as for Lebron and Kobe as MVP's, but I think he's seriously undermining Dirk.