04-14-2006, 08:12 PM
:ban:

ColoradoSpursFan
04-14-2006, 08:28 PM
11.2 seconds down 1 shooting two...

ColoradoSpursFan
04-14-2006, 08:29 PM
game!

The SPurs should not feel bad losing the other day...

Pistons < Spurs
04-14-2006, 08:34 PM
well 3 of our starters played less than 22. It's been mostly our bench down the stretch.

Minutes:

Delk 24
Evans 21
Hunter 26
Dice 20
Maxiell 15
Delfino 12

T.F. Storm
04-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Fun game. Toronto barely beat our bench. Would have been nice to get the win, but it was a fun game where everyone got to mess around a little bit. We can afford that now that we've got HCA all wrapped up.

FreshPrince22
04-14-2006, 08:38 PM
We had a lineup of...

PG- Lindsey Hunter(6-1)
SG- Tony Delk (6-2)
SF- Mo Evans (6-5)
PF- Carlos Delfino (6-6)
C- Jason Maxiell (6-6)

... in the game during the 4th quarter against their starters. Nuff said. Even Dice was resting. I'm suprised we were as close as we were. Lindsey was hitting clutch shot after clutch shot, but Mike James wouldn't miss a FT down the strech. He finished 18-of-18 from the line.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-14-2006, 08:39 PM
cool, i wondered what happened.....

i wish the Nuggets were in that position but the sad fact is that half the team isnt playing coz of injuries and not coz they have HCA throughout the playoffs lol

JamStone
04-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Still should not lose to the Raptors, especially without Chris Bosh.

I don't really care, but still should get the win. I'm not sure why they didn't play prevent on Mike James so he wasn't the one shooting free throws. Heck, throw two guys on him so they have to pass it to someone else.

Great game by Mike James. Poor defensive effort by the bench in the fourth quarter.

genghisrex
04-14-2006, 08:43 PM
i thought id test out the 'jinxing' ability of one of these threads :smokin
The force is weak with this one. http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/emprs_palpatine/smilies/vader3.gif

Spurologist
04-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Sheed had a chance to bring Detroit back with a wide open 3 in the final minute and he decided to shoot it left handed. :lmao. He bricked it badly and the pistons lost

ALVAREZ6
04-14-2006, 08:56 PM
Mike James is amazing.

Either he or Boris will win Most Improved.

DETROIT_PISTONS
04-14-2006, 09:05 PM
thanks to Orlando
we can play the bench. :elephant

Nocioni
04-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Spurs should do the same i think they somewhat did it yesterday

Vinnie_Johnson
04-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Sheed had a chance to bring Detroit back with a wide open 3 in the final minute and he decided to shoot it left handed. :lmao. He bricked it badly and the pistons lost

That was in the 3 quarter with pistons up by 12 nice try hater. :elephant

Marklar MM
04-14-2006, 09:19 PM

Uh ok. Wasn't in the final minute, but you can think that. Hell. Rip even tried to throw a lob to Ben on the fast break. I don't think Ben has done that all year.

Spurologist
04-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Uh ok. Wasn't in the final minute, but you can think that. Hell. Rip even tried to throw a lob to Ben on the fast break. I don't think Ben has done that all year.

I don't give a shit. wtf throw up a 3 with opposite hand when you are trying to win a basketball game. ok. next time the pistons can have rip cherry pick on offense so the pistons can play 4 on 5 on defense. I don't think they have tried that all year. what do you think?

Marklar MM
04-14-2006, 09:28 PM
I don't give a shit. wtf throw up a 3 with opposite hand when you are trying to win a basketball game. ok. next time the pistons can have rip cherry pick on offense so the pistons can play 4 on 5 on defense. I don't think they have tried that all year. what do you think?

Getting a little antsy, aren't we.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-14-2006, 09:32 PM

Wow are you bitter cause the spurs just dropped 3 out of five at home and lost to the magic by 10 a team with only 9 road wins? :lol

ABDENOUR POWER
04-14-2006, 09:32 PM
wtf throw up a 3 with opposite hand when you are trying to win a basketball game.

Sheed has a sweet left handed jumper. In the pregame show a few nights ago they showed him cash a half courter with his left hand. :lol

Spurologist
04-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Wow are you bitter cause the spurs just dropped 3 out of five at home and lost to the magic by 10 a team with only 9 road wins? :lol

I just don't think it's very smart to throw up a shotwith your opposite hand especially when it's not a routine shot. whatever. I guess the lost doesn't mean much you. ok.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-14-2006, 09:42 PM
I just don't think it's very smart to throw up a shotwith your opposite hand especially when it's not a routine shot. whatever. I guess the lost doesn't mean much you. ok.

The fact is he makes those shots with his left and if he is going to try one being up by 12 in the 3 quarter with nothing to play for would be the time.

SlasherX
04-14-2006, 09:45 PM

well sheeds used to playing with left hand if i' remember correctly either last year or year before than sheed played most of the season with left hand shots due to an injury.

DETROIT_PISTONS
04-14-2006, 09:48 PM

:clap

Spurologist
04-14-2006, 09:49 PM
well sheeds used to playing with left hand if i' remember correctly either last year or year before than sheed played most of the season with left hand shots due to an injury.

The fact is he makes those shots with his left and if he is going to try one being up by 12 in the 3 quarter with nothing to play for would be the time.

If one of you have his stats with left handed shots made, I'd like to know. And about the post game, let me know what Flip had to say about the shot. Just curious.

SlasherX
04-14-2006, 09:51 PM
why the hell are you freaking worried about him shooting with left hand, they wanted home court they got it, they have nothing to play for, if he's having fun let him have it.

Spurologist
04-14-2006, 09:58 PM
why the hell are you freaking worried about him shooting with left hand, they wanted home court they got it, they have nothing to play for, if he's having fun let him have it.

will do. He can have his fun.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-14-2006, 09:59 PM

I know who cares he could have shot the whole game lefty we still have HCA nothing to lose Flip doesn't care.

FreshPrince22
04-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Even though the starters were just joking around throwing up lobs and lefty shots, they were still giving the Raps a beating. They still looked sharp and in sync. But needless to say, our 7-8-9-10-12 guys (Dale is 11) aren't going to beat starters out there in crunch time.

and how about Maxiell. That was a MONSTER throwdown in traffic with about 45 seconds left in the game. Just brutal.

Marklar MM
04-14-2006, 10:12 PM

Wasn't most of the season. At most, I would say he shot lefty for maybe a month because of a right elbow injury.

JamStone
04-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Spurologist,

You are so cute with your Pistons-getting-homecourt-so-they-can-fuck-around-in-a-meaningless-game hating ass.

Marklar MM
04-14-2006, 10:21 PM
http://atifonline.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=12

JMax's dunk for those who want to view. Courtesy of SlasherX.

Spurologist
04-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Spurologist,

You are so cute with your Pistons-getting-homecourt-so-they-can-fuck-around-in-a-meaningless-game hating ass.

I just want to confirm that the remaining games for the pistons are meaningless and that they should experiment with new things for the playoffs. Nothing wrong with that.

bdubya
04-14-2006, 10:34 PM

I've been meaning to ask....how you like my sig? :fro

bdubya
04-14-2006, 10:36 PM

Sweet. It's worth a meaningless loss, just to see what the 9-12 guys can do. Max might have to uncork that sometime in June...

Spurologist
04-14-2006, 10:38 PM

it's looks very nice except I and others know what those words on the mirror actually say. weird don't you think?

scampers
04-14-2006, 10:54 PM
Yeah, even though we lost I actually had fun watching this game. Our bench wasn't really doing that bad, but Mike James wanted that W.

Spurologist
04-14-2006, 11:17 PM

Damn. Watch your face Joey Graham. You just got a facial.

Darrin
04-15-2006, 12:37 AM
Even though the starters were just joking around throwing up lobs and lefty shots, they were still giving the Raps a beating. They still looked sharp and in sync. But needless to say, our 7-8-9-10-12 guys (Dale is 11) aren't going to beat starters out there in crunch time.

and how about Maxiell. That was a MONSTER throwdown in traffic with about 45 seconds left in the game. Just brutal.

I like Maxiell, he always goes out there to make plays, and that's crucial for a member of the bench. However, he was brutal down the stretch defensively. He needs some work at that center position.

It was just rookie stuff.

Darrin
04-15-2006, 12:41 AM

I can't speak for the intended poster, but I love it. I wanted to post it last night in the Orlando-San Antonio game thread, but people seemed to be taking the loss a little too hard for that kind of humor.

It just seems like this team sets a goal and then just goes out and does it. The first year, they said they wanted 50 wins, the division crown, and to win a playoff series. Bam, they just did it. It's just been so much fun watching these guys play basketball the last 5 years.

FreshPrince22
04-15-2006, 02:46 AM
Beast....

http://www.nba.com/media/pistons/DETTOR_060414_011.jpg

mavsfan1000
04-15-2006, 07:24 AM
The pistons are done. If you can't beat the Raptors than for sure you can't beat the Heat.

JamStone
04-15-2006, 10:34 AM
The pistons are done. If you can't beat the Raptors than for sure you can't beat the Heat.

Raptors beat the Heat.

If the Mavs can't beat the Timberwolves, they're supposed to be able to beat the Spurs?

But, it doesn't matter ...

Because I guess Dallas, Detroit, Miami, and San Antonio are all in trouble if the ORLANDO MAGIC make it to the playoffs.

mavsfan1000
04-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah I just did that to piss off Piston fans. :lol. Your team is definitely going to beat Miami unless Wade becomes Jordan or something.

The Captain
04-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Spurs should do the same i think they somewhat did it yesterday

Just so you know, "The Captain" is supposed to represent my username, not Ben Wallace. Thats how I made it.

bdubya
04-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Asked what his best line to Wallace was, James said: "I bit him. He grabbed me in a headlock and I bit him. It felt so good. I tried to pull some skin off him."

:wow That's just getting a little too weird.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060415/SPORTS0102/604150443/1127

Dunc
04-15-2006, 11:33 AM

No, he took that shot late in the 3rd when the Pistons were up by like 8. No Piston starter played in the 4th quarter.

Dunc
04-15-2006, 11:37 AM
If one of you have his stats with left handed shots made, I'd like to know. And about the post game, let me know what Flip had to say about the shot. Just curious.

He said it was great that they were out there having some fun, but when Sheed put the brick up it was time to take them out and bring in the bench. Btw, the rotation patterns in this game made me think of a preseason game. Starters play most of the 1st and 3rd, and let the bench try to bring it home. The Pistons might lose the rest of their regular season games, and it wouldn't matter. I mean, they might, but there's nothing left to play for this season til the playoffs start. Just gotta stay healthy.

Dunc
04-15-2006, 11:40 AM

That dunk was just sick. Not too often you see Pistons flying high out there, so it was sweet as hell, lol.

Darrin
04-15-2006, 01:20 PM
He said it was great that they were out there having some fun, but when Sheed put the brick up it was time to take them out and bring in the bench. Btw, the rotation patterns in this game made me think of a preseason game. Starters play most of the 1st and 3rd, and let the bench try to bring it home. The Pistons might lose the rest of their regular season games, and it wouldn't matter. I mean, they might, but there's nothing left to play for this season til the playoffs start. Just gotta stay healthy.

Why wouldn't Flip start a preseason rotation? The Pistons got off to an 8-0 start after going 4-4 in the preseason.

Spurologist
04-15-2006, 02:06 PM
No, he took that shot late in the 3rd when the Pistons were up by like 8. No Piston starter played in the 4th quarter.

that was brought up earlier. It's called exagerration.