Doubters.....

*sighs*

Here we go....

Vinnie_Johnson
04-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Not me they will come out of the East.

Nocioni
04-14-2006, 09:24 PM
There are no reason to be worried about right?

RashoFan
04-14-2006, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the forum....
Pistons....:makemyday ....Bring em on!!!!

Sense
04-14-2006, 09:25 PM
There are no reason to be worried about arent they?

You're either Argentinian.... or you're one of the many illiterates in Detroit.

:rolleyes

Marklar MM
04-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the forum....
Pistons....:makemyday ....Bring em on!!!!
:smokin :drunk :nutkick: :yield

Sense
04-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah isn't this thread a little stupid?

The playoffs haven't even started and we won't see them unless we both make the finals.

boutons_
04-14-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm not worried about the Pistons, I'm worried about the Spurs.

These playoffs will show if the Spurs can switch up from mediocrity and losing games they should win to playing like the defending Champions.

T-Pain
04-14-2006, 10:19 PM
im not worried, its pistons fans that should be worried...we're the fuckin defending champs

Vinnie_Johnson
04-14-2006, 10:22 PM
im not worried, its pistons fans that should be worried...we're the fuckin defending champs

Just like we were last year The Pistons and there fans know they can beat the spurs and are looking forward to the battle. Bring it on lets go see you in the finals.

SpurForLife
04-14-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm not worried about Detroit. We can beat them but first things first, lets get to the finals before worrying about anything concerning the pistons.

Vashner
04-14-2006, 10:34 PM
A battle with an excellent opponent makes the victory sweeter...

Vinnie_Johnson
04-14-2006, 10:44 PM
A battle with an excellent opponent makes the victory sweeter...

It sure will be just like it was for you last year it's our turn get out of the way. Here comes the D Train.

T Park
04-14-2006, 10:48 PM
I hate opposing team's fans coming in here running their mouths.....

gospursgojas
04-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Why would I be worried about the Pistons???

Its gonna be a rematch of the 03 Finals

Chris
04-14-2006, 11:18 PM
<----worried about the Pistons
<----praying for the Heat

If you're not worried about the Pistons after last year's tight 7 game series, you're being dillusional.

Not only are the Pistons better than they were last year, but they are hungrier. Their bench is better, their starters are better - and I hate to say it since I'm an LB fan - but their coaching is better.

We've got a good shot, but if Duncan doesn't decide to show up against them in ANY game in a future series, we lose.

P.S. Oh, and by the way, we haven't beaten them once this year.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-14-2006, 11:27 PM
I just hope the Spurs and Pistons play each other I want to see the best teams play.

Trainwreck2100
04-14-2006, 11:32 PM
http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/noob.gif

RashoFan
04-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Bottom line...Spurs and Pistons in the Finals WILL BE a great "battle" ...

Vinnie_Johnson
04-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Bottom line...Spurs and Pistons in the Finals WILL BE a great "battle" ...

I can't wait seven games for sure. :king

Trainwreck2100
04-14-2006, 11:49 PM
http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/newbie.gif

Obstructed_View
04-15-2006, 12:59 AM
I'm worried about the Pistons. I don't think they can beat New Jersey.

Trainwreck2100
04-15-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm worried about the Pistons. I don't think they can beat New Jersey.

Please don't buy the Jersey hype, you're better than that.

zeleni
04-15-2006, 02:44 AM
I'm worried of the biggest thread. Vince Carter and the Nets. They are godless killing machines with the only aim to claim Vinces Final's MVP title.

Hell, yeah, Pistons have beat the Spurs two times and left us without dignity. I hope we never come across them.

polandprzem
04-15-2006, 02:48 AM
TPark you are scareing me with your sig

Darrin
04-15-2006, 03:19 AM

I remember using that line 12 months ago.

Rynospursfan
04-15-2006, 03:57 AM
http://www.iespana.es/zerfnba/archivo/timduncan/galeria_duncan_01/timduncan008.jpg
Who? Me? Worried?...NEVER

Time to believe in the almighty Spurs!

Obstructed_View
04-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Please don't buy the Jersey hype, you're better than that.
New Jersey went on that winning streak because of their defense. Throw in the fact that they match up well with Detroit and Rasheed hasn't played inside all year, and it adds up to potential trouble for the Pistons.

rasho8
04-15-2006, 09:58 AM
I believe the Spurs will win.... but I am very worried about these games.

ALVAREZ6
04-15-2006, 10:16 AM
There are no reason to be worried about right?
You're a Pistons fan????

Why is your name "Nocioni"?

mike detroit
04-15-2006, 10:27 AM
New Jersey went on that winning streak because of their defense. Throw in the fact that they match up well with Detroit and Rasheed hasn't played inside all year, and it adds up to potential trouble for the Pistons.

you're ignoring that's it's pretty unlikely that they'll even face each other. the playoffs in the east are shaping up to be very much in the pistons favor. Miami will likely have to go through both the pacers(who play them very tough) and Jersey. while the pistons will play either the sixers(who they could beat in their sleep) or the bulls(tougher matchup, but chicago just doesn't have the talent). then what, the bucks or someone as a warmup for the conference finals? the number 2 and 3 seeds must face each other before they get a shot at the one, and that helps the pistons a lot.

Leetonidas
04-15-2006, 10:49 AM
<----worried about the Pistons
<----praying for the Heat

If you're not worried about the Pistons after last year's tight 7 game series, you're being dillusional.

Not only are the Pistons better than they were last year, but they are hungrier. Their bench is better, their starters are better - and I hate to say it since I'm an LB fan - but their coaching is better.

We've got a good shot, but if Duncan doesn't decide to show up against them in ANY game in a future series, we lose.

P.S. Oh, and by the way, we haven't beaten them once this year.

Their bench is not better, and their starters are the same people. Chauncey has only been considerably better. Their coach utilizes their offensive abilities, but Flip will choke come finals time. Just wait.

SAGambler
04-15-2006, 10:53 AM
I love the spurs but who else is worried about the pistons

It's useless to worry about the Pistons at this point. Right now we need to be concerned with wrapping up the division and the #1 cede in the West.

If and when, both the Spurs and the Pistons make it to the finals (and there is no guarantee that both, or either will), then I may have some concern about the Pistons.

ponky
04-15-2006, 11:27 AM
I just hope the Spurs and Pistons play each other I want to see the best teams play.

haha, the best teams will be the two teams to get to the finals, NOT the two teams with the best record at the end of the regular season...everyone on here talks about how teams are *built for the playoffs*..well, then by that logic there shouldn't be any problems with whoever plays in the finals, those WILL be the best teams

Despot
04-15-2006, 11:44 AM
If the Pissons had won the finals last year, would they have anywhere near as good a record as they have this year???

Probably not, They feasted in the regular season by playing playoff basketball all year, can they up their level in the playoffs?? Sure, but by how much?

Darrin
04-15-2006, 01:33 PM

They went on a similar streak in 2003-04, 14-straight wins to begin Lawrence Frank's tenure in New Jersey, the best ever for an NBA coach.

DETROIT_PISTONS
04-15-2006, 01:42 PM
I can't wait seven games for sure. :king

7 GAMES ??? I DON'T THINK SO... 4 - 1 PISTONS WIN :elephant

ducks
04-15-2006, 01:43 PM
pistons will not win in 5 they may win in 6 or 7 but it will take that many games

spurs do not lose series in 5 games

Dingle Barry
04-15-2006, 02:17 PM
If the Pissons had won the finals last year, would they have anywhere near as good a record as they have this year???

Probably not, They feasted in the regular season by playing playoff basketball all year, can they up their level in the playoffs?? Sure, but by how much?

Great post and I agree that it will be interesting to see how much Turbo they have left.

boutons_
04-15-2006, 02:19 PM
more interesting to see if the Spurs are able to switch on Championship play starting next weekend.

thewatcher
04-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Don't worry. We will see in playoffs that the pistons are not that good. However we will see the spurs at their best, perhaps the best spurs ever, period.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Don't worry. We will see in playoffs that the pistons are not that good. However we will see the spurs at their best, perhaps the best spurs ever, period.

That's so true that's why the pistons are resting and the spurs have lost 3 of there last 5 home games. I'm sure once the playoffs start they will flip the switch as the pistons get bounced in the first round. :lol

Kamnik
04-15-2006, 03:30 PM
less than 50% of chance for both teams make it to the finals

so lets start thinking about that when we're there ;)

cs100
04-15-2006, 05:03 PM
I learned a few years ago not to worry about the Spurs come playoff time. They will put forth 200% effort and along with the talent and heart, I believe in them.

They are built for the playoffs. That is why so many teams are trying to emulate the Spurs. The Spurs are the champions until someone takes it away from them. The Spurs won't let that happen without a fight. Can Detroit win? Absolutely. Will they win? NOPE. :smokin

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Tanya
04-15-2006, 10:20 PM
I don't think NJ or MIA will beat the pistons. They are hot, they play defense, they blah blah blah watever. But we are talking about a series, not one or two games. Those two teams will probably win 3 games against the healthy pistons, but they won't win the series. How can you compare the NJ's defense to the pistons'? How can you compare the MIA's chemistry to the pistons'? Of course, anything is possible. But if injury free, the pistons will beat those two teams, just like if injury free, the spurs will beat mavs and suns.

Let's assume both the spurs and the pistons will get to the finals. First, Let's hope TD and Ginobili will be 100% in playoffs. Second, since the spurs will have to play DAL in the second round then PHX in the WCF, while the pistons will play CHI first, CLE(maybe) semi, and MIA or NJ ECF, I think DAL and PHX will give the spurs harder fight than the CLE or MIA will give to the pistons. MIA was a better team last year period. Third, the pistons will have HCA this year which is their advantage if there will be game 7. Fourth, the pistons are hungrier this year. Finally, although the spurs have won three titles in the past 7 years, they have not proved they can repeat.

It seems like the pistons have all the favors this year. If they lose with no injuries, they should feel ashame.

Tanya
04-15-2006, 10:26 PM

I don't think the pistons have been playing playoff basketball all year. They don't play defense for 48 mins a game. You can see how they played like crap in the first half and came back to play defense in the second half to try to win that game. If you say that's the playoff basketball you don't watch them carefully. Indeed, there were only few games they played like playoff games: SA, MIA, IND, maybe PHX and DAL.

Obstructed_View
04-16-2006, 10:15 PM
They went on a similar streak in 2003-04, 14-straight wins to begin Lawrence Frank's tenure in New Jersey, the best ever for an NBA coach.
And they were the only team to take the Pistons to seven games. Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Wait, was your post supposed to support my argument or refute it?

Darrin
04-16-2006, 10:36 PM
And they were the only team to take the Pistons to seven games. Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Wait, was your post supposed to support my argument or refute it?

Let's review that series:

Pistons 78, Nets 56 - 2nd lowest point total in the history of NBA playoff basketball.
Pistons 95, Nets 80 - 61-34 advantage for the Pistons in the second half.
Pistons 81, Nets 75 - First win for Pistons in the Meadowlands in the playoffs of the past two years.
Pistons 90, Nets 69 - Jason Kidd's only scoreless playoff game of his career.

The Pistons played all season to beat the Nets. They made moves that affected the Nets, and they circled every game on their calander against them. Hard as it is to believe, the Nets had the mental edge in that series because of the previous year's Conference Finals. The Pistons were the better team.

The Nets blew out the Pistons in the first two games at the Meadowlands, that is certain. But this team really hadn't put away a team like the Nets before - a team with as much playoff experience as they had.

Then there's the 127-120 game when Brian Scalabrine beat the Pistons with only Chauncey Billups, Lindsey Hunter, Corliss Williamson, Darvin Ham, and Elden Campbell on the floor. LARRY BROWN DIDN'T PLAY MEHMET OKUR!

If the Nets can design a gamplan that gets Rasheed Wallace, Tayshaun Prince, Ben Wallace, and Rip Hamilton all off the floor in a tight game, I'll give them the Conference Championship right now.

They went home to close out the series, got off to a 13-2 start, and still the Pistons won game six.

Don't fool yourself; a lot went New Jersey's way in that series, and they had a decided mental edge they will not have if they meet again. I think they are the only team in the east, however, that are not afraid to play the Detroit Pistons. They want them the way the Sixers wanted the Celtics in the 80s.