PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in fate?

charmie21
04-15-2006, 11:40 AM
hi, this is my first post here at the club.. so here is my question.. are our lives governed by destiny or it is a matter of choices..? what do you think.. ?

Spam
04-15-2006, 11:44 AM
I think it is both happening at the same time.
Sincerely,
Forrest Gump

lilmads
04-15-2006, 12:04 PM
I believe in fate and karma... you will end up the way your destiny has it meant to be... and what you do influences it... you get what you give... all based on karma...

ploto
04-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Einstein said:
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

I choose the latter.

Vashner
04-15-2006, 05:15 PM
No but we are stuck on a big shiny round rock in space. Bound to bump into each other once in a while.

spurs=bling
04-15-2006, 05:26 PM
it depends on the situation.

TheAdmiral#50
04-15-2006, 05:36 PM
I don't think it's the question of whether you believe in fate but whether fate exists because not to believe in something that does exist is taking away it's existence , so in otherwords yea fate does exist as long as one person believes in it so there isn't a point in not believing in fate .

And I think dreaming about the future and remembering the past are important things - as long as one doesn't live in the future or past. Dwelling on them through out their lives.

Darrin
04-16-2006, 01:40 AM
I believe the universe as a whole is a cosmic cause-and-effect. What I choose to have for breakfast this morning determines what I buy, where I buy it, abadoning where I am at for a short period of time to be where my breakfast is at, to drive down the road, to create noise and weight, friction with the car I travel in, and so on and so on.

These events that seem mundane narrow the possibilities of the universe's existence. In combination with all the life of the universe and the choices they make from the subatomic particle to the average biped bring us to where we are today. It's an equally-shared, created universe.

Now, the ultimate question is where did this momentum come from? In the history of our knowledge, our way of thinking even, everything has an effect to each cause. But what was the original cause, and was their intelligence behind the beginning of the universe?

That's the first question I hope to ask if there's someone to talk to in the afterlife. Now, is that fate? No. We are not in complete control of our actions because your decision limits my potential decisions.

For instance, back to the breakfast thing. You sit through an entire green light, and I don't go around you. In that small window of time, someone at the store is taking the last box of the cereal I wanted off the shelf. Two people - the person in the car and the person at the store - made a choice and that affected my potential outcome. But I don't think life says "he shouldn't have that box of cereal" and arranges the circumstances to avoid me being in that car at that time.

It's important to remember that the only window to the known universe we have is this body; these five senses with a brain interpreting them. When you think about it in those terms, well, it makes me feel small, like a little child who couldn't understand everything even if I tried. We cannot even share with one another without creating a series of symbols, language, to create a shared reality between our brains. We are like a single dim flashlight in a pitch-black house.

midgetonadonkey
04-16-2006, 01:43 AM
I believe in fate because there is a beautiful young lady that I talk to now, just as friends, that is a result of many strange coincidences.

She is amazing. I thank fate for every minute I've been able to talk to her.

CharlieMac
04-16-2006, 02:58 AM
I met my wife in a chat room in 2000. We lived a few blocks from each other and never knew it. So you know, yeah.

TDMVPDPOY
04-16-2006, 04:17 AM
watever happens in life is like a numbers game, its all decided, whether its the choices you make, the fate is always there to meet you, karma is a biatch though.

KEDA
04-16-2006, 08:59 AM
I believe in fate!

samikeyp
04-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Absolutely.

Fate played a big role in me meeting my wife.

1Parker1
04-16-2006, 10:28 AM
No, you control your own fate.

Vashner
04-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Normally the truth is somewhere in the middle.... (ufo sounds in background)