PDA

View Full Version : More Than 180 Former Demo and Repug Ambassadors Endorse John Kerry (Unprecedented)

Nbadan
10-04-2004, 04:10 PM
More than 180 Former U.S. Ambassadors from Republican and Democratic Administrations Endorse Kerry[SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana]

10/4/2004 10:38:00 AM

To: National Desk

WASHINGTON, Oct. 4 /U.S. Newswire/ -- United by a deep concern about the mounting failures of the Bush administration's foreign policy, more than 180 former United States Ambassadors who have served under Republican and Democratic presidents endorsed John Kerry for president on Monday.

At a news conference at the National Press Club, members of Ambassadors for Kerry-Edwards issued a letter stating, "We believe it is imperative to our national security that we change the leadership of the nation we all love and elect John Kerry and John Edwards." The statement criticized President Bush for needlessly squandering the good will and support of the world following the September 11 attacks and undermining our ability to win the war on terror by eroding our strong international alliances.

"The war on terror can only be won with the active cooperation of people and governments around the world," said Ambassador Sol Polansky, who represented the United States to Bulgaria, and served as a Foreign Service officer for almost 40 years before his retirement in 1990. "We've spent our careers building that kind of cooperation for the sake of our country's security. But in the last three years, the Bush administration has undermined the strong alliances American leaders worked half a century to build."

"Senator Kerry, in whom I am willing to place my trust, has demonstrated that he is courageous, sober, competent, and concerned with fighting the dangers associated with the widening socio-economic gap in this country. I will vote for him enthusiastically," wrote John Eisenhower in an opinion article entitled, "Why I will vote for John Kerry for President" in New Hampshire's Union Leader. "The fact is that today's 'Republican' Party is one with which I am totally unfamiliar. Leadership involves setting a direction and building consensus, not viewing other countries as practically devoid of significance. Recent developments indicate that the current Republican Party leadership has confused confident leadership with hubris and arrogance." Eisenhower, who served as Ambassador to Belgium is a lifelong Republican and the son of Republican President Dwight Eisenhower.

This unprecedented show of support from this group of former ...

News Wire (http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=37385)

whottt
10-04-2004, 04:20 PM
News Wire (http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=37385)

You left out this part:

Paid for by Kerry-Edwards 2004, Inc.

Marcus Bryant
10-04-2004, 04:23 PM
Here's the actual release (http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/pr_2004_1004b.pdf).

Apparently Kerry got the endorsement of Reagan's ambassador to Nepal as well as his ambassador to Tonga, Figi, Tuvalu and Kiribati.

*shudder*

Nbadan
10-04-2004, 04:24 PM
I can't think of 1 former or present Ambassador who has publicly endorced W.

Marcus Bryant
10-04-2004, 04:26 PM
You probably can't think of one former or present Ambassador either.

Nbadan
10-04-2004, 04:29 PM
You probably can't think

Marcus Bryant
10-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Oh, I can think. Which is why you amuse me.

Yonivore
10-04-2004, 04:41 PM
It's still less than half the number of Swiftboat Veterans and Congressional Medal of Honor recipients that have come out agains Kerry.

What makes them more credible?

Does anyone have a link to that military poll taken that shows Bush up, 78% to 11%, over Kerry among likely active duty military currently deployed? I'm told it's on a secure DoD website.