PDA

View Full Version : what makes Lebron James...

atxrocker
04-16-2006, 05:03 PM
worth more hype and tons more money than Chris Paul???

LBJ rookie stats
39 mpg
20.9 ppg
5.9 apg
5.5 rpg

Paul rookie stats
36 mpg
16.4 ppg
7.9 apg
5.2 rpg

is "king James" really the second fucking coming or a bit over hyped and overrated?

ALVAREZ6
04-16-2006, 05:10 PM

dunks...

dunks...

dunks...

HeyIt'sMe
04-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Paul has college experience, which can never be overlooked when talking about the potential of a player.

Pero
04-16-2006, 05:19 PM
We`ll see if James is overrated in the following seasons, in the playoffs. And I don`t think Paul will match James` stats in his sophmore season:

42.4 min
27.2 pts
7.4 rbd
7.2 ast
2.21 stl

atxrocker
04-16-2006, 05:21 PM
^there is no way to know that. actually no way to know that after their first round exit this season he will make the playoffs in the future. he is a great player.. now he needs to prove he can WIN.

1Parker1
04-16-2006, 05:21 PM

LBJ rookie stats
39 mpg
20.9 ppg
5.9 apg
5.5 rpg

Paul rookie stats
36 mpg
16.4 ppg
7.9 apg
5.2 rpg

is "king James" really the second fucking coming or a bit over hyped and overrated?

:tu You make an excellent point. I didn't even realize that their stats were that close. I guess the difference is that Lebron has the strength and athleticism to be deemed "unstoppable" where Paul is your more of your 6'2 PG type of player.

I always did think that Lebon was way overhyped by the media. Sure, he's an amazing player, anyone with eyes can see that. He's got the flash, he's got the court vision, he's got the dunk part down as someone else mentioned. But look at other players in his class. Wade? Carmelo? I think those guys are just as good. I'll wait until Lebron makes it past the first round of the playoffs before deeming him "The King"

1Parker1
04-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Side Note: Aren't the Cavs playing the Wiz in the first round? If that's the case, we'll probably be able to see James play in the second round sooner than I'd thought. :lol

atxrocker
04-16-2006, 05:23 PM
dunks...

dunks...

dunks...

wow--so if chris paul added more explosive dunks to his arsenal then he would have received 100 million dollar endorsement deals too?? i just dont think LBJ will ever live up to the insane hype he received. he is hardly the best player to ever enter the NBA

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-16-2006, 05:23 PM
he is hyped up coz he is a marketers dream, thats the only reason u see ESPN and the NBA hype him and Wade up

its all about the marketing power of the player

Pero
04-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Against whom is Cleveland playing?

Pero
04-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Nevermind. If it`s the Wizards, then second round isn`t out of reach.

1Parker1
04-16-2006, 05:26 PM
wow--so if chris paul added more explosive dunks to his arsenal then he would have received 100 million dollar endorsement deals too?? i just dont think LBJ will ever live up to the insane hype he received. he is hardly the best player to ever enter the NBA

Well, though I completely agree with your point, you have to look at it this way. If you were an NBA fan or Analyst or Reporter or whatever, who would you rather watch play for 48 minutes: Lebron with his power moves, flashy dunks, mid range jumper, fadeaway, etc. Or Chris Paul running the floor, passing to his teammates, hitting jumpers?

Pero
04-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Both playing together. :)

King
04-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Paul had two years at college to hone his game. Lebron came out of HS.

So, take Paul's stats from this year - and compare them to Lebron's third year in the league.

31.6 pts, 7 rpg, 6.6 apg

16.9, 5.2 rpg, 7.9 apg

And yeah - Lebron is the second coming. They're both going to be superstars, so it's no disrespect to Paul.

TDMVPDPOY
04-16-2006, 05:39 PM
one fact for sure, he will be ringless in the duncan era

Pero
04-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Probably, but he`s 21 right? Plenty of time for rings.

atxrocker
04-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Paul had two years at college to hone his game. Lebron came out of HS.

So, take Paul's stats from this year - and compare them to Lebron's third year in the league.

31.6 pts, 7 rpg, 6.6 apg

16.9, 5.2 rpg, 7.9 apg

And yeah - Lebron is the second coming. They're both going to be superstars, so it's no disrespect to Paul.

thats not really a fair assessment. you cant compare college ball to the NBA, its just not the same thing. those comparisons are not valid and no indication that Lebron is any more advanced than Paul.

atxrocker
04-16-2006, 05:47 PM
one fact for sure, he will be ringless in the duncan era

rings? one thing at a time.. he is barely making the 1st round for the first time. he may very well end his career with NO rings.

King
04-16-2006, 05:55 PM
thats not really a fair assessment. you cant compare college ball to the NBA, its just not the same thing. those comparisons are not valid and no indication that Lebron is any more advanced than Paul.

You can't really compare Chris Paul in his rookie year after two years of college ball to Lebron James in his rookie year coming straight out of high school.

So, neither are fair assessments. If you want a fair assessment, wait five years and see who's doing what.

Neither are an indication of anything.

atxrocker
04-16-2006, 06:02 PM
^ok, i ask my original question again.. based off rookie stats alone what makes LBJ better, worth insane endorsements/contracts and unprecedented hype/media coverage than Paul?

E20
04-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Lebron is the second coming. He has advanced so much and it's only been 2 years. He went from 20 PPG to 27 to 31. Quit the haterade. Lebron is going to dominate this league for years to come.

Pero
04-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Was Paul known as well as Lebron in high school? Was he as good at that time?

King
04-16-2006, 06:22 PM
^ok, i ask my original question again.. based off rookie stats alone what makes LBJ better, worth insane endorsements/contracts and unprecedented hype/media coverage than Paul?

Because they weren't basing it on what he was going to do his rookie year alone. They were basing it on him doing exactly what he's doing - absolutely dominating the league early, and still, somehow, getting better.

ALVAREZ6
04-16-2006, 06:32 PM
ummm, yeah, that's the whole point.

Yes he would.

LeBron got the hype for different reasons...

-he came out of high school
-he's 6'8"
-he wears #23
-he has nasty ass power dunks

that's where the hype comes from.

Oh yeah, and his name is "LeBron"

TDMVPDPOY
04-16-2006, 06:34 PM
if lewhat didnt wear number 23 in HS, then i wouldnt think the media wouldve boasted about him being the next jordan.

ALVAREZ6
04-16-2006, 06:35 PM
http://www.cavsnews.com/wp-content/lebron-dunk-on-damon-jones.gif

That, my friend, is where the hype comes from.

And don't get the wrong idea, I AM NOT a LeBron fan.

T-Pain
04-16-2006, 06:42 PM
lebron is one hell of player coming out of HS if a rookie w/ college experience have almost equivalent numbers

Obstructed_View
04-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Since Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan are the only other guys to put up rookie numbers like LBJ, why are we even having this conversation? Wake me up when Chris Paul averages double the number of points.

E20
04-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Since Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan are the only other guys to put up rookie numbers like LBJ, why are we even having this conversation? Wake me up when Chris Paul averages double the number of points.
OWNED. He plays such a high level at a young age. He can dominate in and out.

Winnipeg_Spur
04-16-2006, 10:25 PM
I thought James was all hype too, until he played his first game. Then I was a believer...

That's not to say that I originally thought he was going to be a bust, I just figured they were giving way too much attention to this high school kid and his career would end up starting slowly, like Kobe and Garnett, so everyone would be disappointed. But remarkably, the kid lived up to the hype. Now if he would just stop chewing on his fingernails. :)

E20
04-16-2006, 10:26 PM
He's 21 and his career high is 56 points. I already know Lebron is breaking 81.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2006, 07:17 PM
I thought James was all hype too, until he played his first game. Then I was a believer...

That's not to say that I originally thought he was going to be a bust, I just figured they were giving way too much attention to this high school kid and his career would end up starting slowly, like Kobe and Garnett, so everyone would be disappointed. But remarkably, the kid lived up to the hype. Now if he would just stop chewing on his fingernails. :)
I wanted not to like him, but he's already one of the best five players in the NBA. Do you guys realize how young he is? I have a nephew his age who works at Discount Tire. He's awesome. So is James.

Darrin
04-17-2006, 07:32 PM

LBJ rookie stats
39 mpg
20.9 ppg
5.9 apg
5.5 rpg

Paul rookie stats
36 mpg
16.4 ppg
7.9 apg
5.2 rpg

I'm a huge fan of Chris Paul; I think he's special, but consider this:

Kerry Kittles (1996-97):
16.4 ppg
3.9 rpg
3.0 apg
1.91 spg

Kobe Bryant (1996-97):
7.6 ppg
1.9 rpg
1.3 apg
.69 spg

Mateen Cleaves led his draft class in assists. We cannot tell everything that will happen in their career by rookie stats.

ducks
04-17-2006, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=ALVAREZ6]http://www.cavsnews.com/wp-content/lebron-dunk-on-damon-jones.gif

that my friend is called travlering :madrun :madrun :madrun

Pero
04-18-2006, 12:16 AM
Ducks, you`re unbelievable. :lol

Obstructed_View
04-18-2006, 03:41 PM
I wish I could travler like that.

ALVAREZ6
04-18-2006, 04:07 PM
no ducks, Lebron didn't "travler" on that play.

ShoogarBear
04-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Side Note: Aren't the Cavs playing the Wiz in the first round? If that's the case, we'll probably be able to see James play in the second round sooner than I'd thought. :lol

Actually, the MIGHTY WIZ match up very well with the Cavs. It's by far the best possible first round matchup for them.

If LBJ tightens up in his first playoff experience, the MIGHTY WIZ have a damn good shot.

ShoogarBear
04-18-2006, 04:39 PM
And LMAO at this thread.

If LeBron was a Spur, you hatas would have been petitioning management to rename the team.

JealousOnesNV
04-18-2006, 06:10 PM

LBJ rookie stats
39 mpg
20.9 ppg
5.9 apg
5.5 rpg

Paul rookie stats
36 mpg
16.4 ppg
7.9 apg
5.2 rpg

Man please
Here is James state line for this season at age 21 mind you:PPG 31.4 | RPG 7 | APG 6.6
One of three rookies in NBA history to average at least 20 points, five rebounds and five assists in one season (O. Robertson, M. Jordan)
Oh and by the way only 3 other players have averaged 30 with 6 boards and 6 dimes in a season.....Jordan, Robertson and the Logo
Close this thread.......

atxrocker
04-18-2006, 06:27 PM
^close this thread, close your mouth. if you cant debate the original question asked then dont participate.

ALVAREZ6
04-18-2006, 06:33 PM
^close this thread, close your mouth. if you cant debate the original question asked then dont participate.
Yes. Lebron is worth more hype and money than Chris Paul.

He dominates games at will. He is 21. He has the possibility of being one of the best players who ever played the game, if not the best when he retires.

JealousOnesNV
04-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Looks done to me dawg

Dre_7
04-18-2006, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE=ALVAREZ6]http://www.cavsnews.com/wp-content/lebron-dunk-on-damon-jones.gif

that my friend is called travlering :madrun :madrun :madrun

Its impsosible to tell if hes traveling. That, my friend, is just blind hate on ducks patr. (spelling mistakes on purpse btw)

TDMVPDPOY
04-18-2006, 10:44 PM
wake me up when bron actually wins a ring, atm stats dont mean shit, ask KG about it

Sec24Row7
04-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Lebron isnt the second coming.

He is the first.

1Parker1
04-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Actually, the MIGHTY WIZ match up very well with the Cavs. It's by far the best possible first round matchup for them.

If LBJ tightens up in his first playoff experience, the MIGHTY WIZ have a damn good shot.

:lol MIGHTY WIZ? What's with the CAPS?

atxrocker
04-19-2006, 12:22 AM
wake me up when bron actually wins a ring, atm stats dont mean shit, ask KG about it

thats what im fucking talking about. i will give props where due, but fuck you till homeboy has some goddamn rings on his fingers! keep paying him those 100's of millions of dollars and in 5 or 6 years when we are still having this conversation see if so many people are still so sure he is the goddamn second coming.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2006, 12:31 AM
The original question was so stupid it hardly merits debate, especially if you believe that he should have led the Cavs to a championship sometime in the last three years.

pwilliam
04-19-2006, 05:17 AM
I think Lebron deserves all those hype. I also think Chris Paul is underrated and going to be better than Kidd (in his prime) in 2 or 3 years.