PDA

View Full Version : Arenas suspended one game

KoriEllis
08-27-2004, 11:34 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) - Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas was suspended by the NBA for one game Friday because he failed to maintain proper registration of a handgun in 2003.

Arenas, 22, who signed a six-year, $65-million contract with the Wizards in August of 2003, said in a statement released by the team that he had maintained the needed registration in Arizona but failed to do so while living in California. Arenas formerly played for the Golden State Warriors

Arenas averaged 19.6 points a game in his first season with Washington and will miss the team's Nov. 3 regular-season opener against the Memphis Grizzlies.

"It was an oversight on my part," Arenas said in the statement. "I have dealt with the situation and I'm moving forward."

Arenas was taken out of the starting lineup for the final two games last season, first for missing a team flight to Detroit, then for being late to a morning shootaround. Arenas also missed a shootaround last season because he was shooting pool in the player's lounge in January.

iminlakerland
08-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Gilbert what are you doing? You know your dad will whoop your ass! Remember he did it more than once in high school.

Dont forget!

grjr
08-28-2004, 01:30 AM
Arenas also missed a shootaround last season because he was shooting pool in the player's lounge in January.

That's a long time to be shooting pool isn't it?

jr