PDA

View Full Version : Tim and David in their primes

Sspursin06
04-16-2006, 08:30 PM
just think about this for a second.
Say bob hill never happened and say in 1991 or 1992 when david was in his prime we somehow tanked and became a lottery pick and Pop took over with Buford as mng and Holt as owner

Say the past was all different and Mr and Mrs Duncan gave birth to Timmy a couple years earlier and he graduated from Wake in 1992 making his rookie year the 1992-93 season and the Twin Towers dynasty got started a couple years earlier, while David was what Amare Stoudemire is now (an agile explosive mind boggling athletic big man) and Timmy and David were in their primes together.

Would the two year Mj left for baseball of been the Spurs years instead of Hakeems?

Could the Spurs have easily of takin care of short shorts stockton and the mailman?

and say bruce, sean, manu, tony, avery, del negro, mario ellie, malik, nazr and brent all played together along with tim in david from the late 90's to the early 2 thousands....

what do you think we wouldve done each season by season and how many championships would we have?

would tim of retired by now?

say david never hurt his back...

how would two superstars of david and tims caliber in their primes of co-existed and would either of them gotten mvps? how many points would david of really had against the clippers in the 71 pointer?

the final question would we have been better than the elite team on all time the 95-96 bulls, maybe not record wise but could this starting line up of
C-Drob
PF-Tim Duncan
SF-Bruce Bowen
Sg-Sean or Manu
Pg-Tony or avery
bench-nazr,brent,avery(tony),malik,sean(manu),stephen jackson, horry
beaten
jordon,pippen,harper,kerr,rodman,kukoc...and whoever the others were,

What if everything had been a little different...

i say .4 secs wouldve never happened, but we wouldve been too old to win one last year.

just some things to ponder while we wait for our west conference number 1 seed

spurschick
04-16-2006, 08:34 PM
OMG! No offense to the thread starter, but WTF is with all of these if things were different threads?! What if we trade this person or that person? What if .4 never happened?

The playoffs are about to start. This is our team. :flag:

Sspursin06
04-16-2006, 08:38 PM
lol i dont want things to be different at all I'm as loyal as you can get, this is just a fun thread to pass the time chill out.

You know you would love to see a team with Tim and David in their absoloute primes with Pop as coach, thats Jordon and Pippen or better right there.

I think all the what if we trade tony or manu threads are retarded. Gotta be loyal to your team and its players and out of bruce,tony and manu... Lebron and Wade only players I'd want to see them go for. the only ones.

Just imagine our team if it was earlier in time, it would rival showtime, celtics and the bulls.

ZStomp
04-16-2006, 08:48 PM
:wtf

What the fuck is this?

This is the wildest WHAT IF thread ever!

[qoute]Say the past was all different and Mr and Mrs Duncan gave birth to Timmy a couple years earlier and he graduated from Wake in 1992 making his rookie year the 1992-93 season[/quote]

What if Jordan, Shaq, Larry Bird, and Majic all played for the Spurs at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my .....what if!

Kori Ellis
04-16-2006, 08:49 PM
I have never seen a thread discussing if Timmy was born earlier :lol

ZStomp
04-16-2006, 08:51 PM
What are you on?

Sspursin06
04-16-2006, 08:54 PM
how is that so ridicolous wow, yall only respect posts from posters over a thousand unless its someone you make fun of like T-part, whott, the little bald guy, bootons or that stupid emo guy his names like uhh.... Sad day Sleeper? It's just a cool idea to think of Tim and David on the same team.

oh wait im a dumbass, wow im so fucking dumb... if tim was bron earlier then the hurricane wouldnt of destroyed his pool and he's be wearing speedos.

im so ignorant and dumb. im going to go cry in my beer and pray that you friends accept me as your own haha

Sspursin06
04-16-2006, 08:59 PM
what am i on???? what the fuck are you talking about you idiot.

the sports world does this all the time, there have been segments on sportscenter and in sports illustrated like what if... bo jax hadn't gotten hurt...what if jimmy johnson hadn't gotten fired...would the celtics dynasty of lived on if Lem Bias hadn't died... and i do believe i saw Jason Kidd in a Spurs jersey on the cover of SI...

but yeah man I'm on something because I wonder how dominant the Spurs would be if their two greatest players ever were the same age. Oh my god im so fuckin dumb, at least I'm not a bandwaggoner fair weather fan. When we're a lottery team again I'd love to see who still posts on here.

ZStomp
04-16-2006, 08:59 PM
how is that so ridicolous wow, yall only respect posts from posters over a thousand unless its someone you make fun of like T-part, whott, the little bald guy, bootons or that stupid emo guy his names like uhh.... Sad day Sleeper? It's just a cool idea to think of Tim and David on the same team.

oh wait im a dumbass, wow im so fucking dumb... if tim was bron earlier then the hurricane wouldnt of destroyed his pool and he's be wearing speedos.

im so ignorant and dumb. im going to go cry in my beer and pray that you friends accept me as your own haha

No. If anyone else would have started this..they would have received the same shit you are..

it's just a ridiculous thread...

what if..what if..what if Hitler got his way? Would the world be where we are? WHAT IF!

ZStomp
04-16-2006, 09:00 PM
what am i on???? what the fuck are you talking about you idiot.

the sports world does this all the time, there have been segments on sportscenter and in sports illustrated like what if... bo jax hadn't gotten hurt...what if jimmy johnson hadn't gotten fired...would the celtics dynasty of lived on if Lem Bias hadn't died... and i do believe i saw Jason Kidd in a Spurs jersey on the cover of SI...

but yeah man I'm on something because I wonder how dominant the Spurs would be if their two greatest players ever were the same age. Oh my god im so fuckin dumb, at least I'm not a bandwaggoner fair weather fan. When we're a lottery team again I'd love to see who still posts on here.

You calling me an idiot?

Good one! :lmao

Sspursin06
04-16-2006, 09:01 PM
i read a good magazine article once about the world under Hitlers control.

then we definitely would never see dave and tim together cause they'd be in death camps due to the color of their skin

ZStomp
04-16-2006, 09:01 PM
What if!

I think LJ and Kori should give you the title of "What if" under your forum name. :tu

Sspursin06
04-16-2006, 09:05 PM
You calling me an idiot?

Good one! :lmao

yeah i am. there alot of good and smart posters on here that really know their stuff, but you mr. elvis impersonator, i guarantee i know more about Spurs, sports, and history and probably everything not involving math and science than you do.

i challenge you to a dance off at dicks last resort on the riverwalk, followed by a sports and history of the world trivia contest, then a game of one on one, topped off with me ourdrinking your ass and while you're lying drunk on the floor getting pissed on i'll be taking your mother dorothy mantooth out for a nice seafood dinner and never calling her again

ShoogarBear
04-16-2006, 09:06 PM
If Dave and Timmy were both in their prime, I don't know if DRob sp easily accedes his offensive leadership to Tim. Talent-wise, the could potentially have beaten anyone. But the chemistry woudl have really been different.

Sspursin06
04-16-2006, 09:08 PM
What if!

I think LJ and Kori should give you the title of "What if" under your forum name. :tu

i'd prefer not to get so addicted to this site like you are that the ongoings of it interfere with my life. the spurs already take up too much of my time, i don't need this talk website to bring me down anymore. go head though LJ give me a title of THE WHAT IF DREAMING BOY FROM BROWNSVILLE under my name or something.

but wait Zstomp, aren't you a firm believer that Elvis is still alive. What are you on?

Darrin
04-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Think back to 1992, and forget Tim Duncan.

1992 Draft: (rookie stats)
1. Shaquille O'Neal (23.4 ppg, 13.9 rpg, 1.9 apg, 3.53 bpg).
2. Alonzo Mourning (21.0 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.0 apg, 3.47 bpg)
3. Christian Laettner (18.2 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 2.8 apg, 1.30 spg, 1.02 bpg)
6. Tom Gugliotta (14.7 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 3.8 apg, 1.65 spg, .43 bpg)

I think the closest thing to a Tim Duncan-like player on that list is either Christian Laettner or Tom Gugliotta. Both of them are more power forwards than Shaq and Alonzo.

But let's not forget that the Spurs didn't have a scrub starting alongside Robinson - Terry Cummings and soon-to-be Dennis Rodman.

E20
04-16-2006, 10:52 PM
People need to lay back. I can't believe how offended people can get over a 'What if....' question. FYI A lot of people ask what if questions for entertainment/fun. Take a chill pill. Goddamn.

snowboarder
04-16-2006, 10:53 PM
this sspursin06 guy is crakin me up... haha (pretty funny shit, not in a bad way)

Slomo
04-17-2006, 03:57 AM
I have never seen a thread discussing if Timmy was born earlier :lol:lmao

Timmy would be a multiple Olympic medals winner for swimming!
(without the hurricane he would not have turned to bball)

whottt
04-17-2006, 05:28 AM
Duncan and Robinson are already the most successful twin tower combination in history...

Wilt and Nate - 0 Rings
Hakeem and Ralph - 0 Rings
Ewing and Cartwright - 0 Rings

Drob and Duncan - 2 Rings...in 7 years of playing together...what was the difference in the other 5 years? Well most of the time it wasn't Drob and Duncan...perhaps I should ask instead, what was the difference in the 2 title winning years? Mario Elie and Jaren Jackson...Steve Kerr and Stephen Jackson...

Twin towers(even with both in their primes) has never been a championship winning formula...A pair of All Star Guards has been much more successful.

You could stick Duncan and Drob together in their primes but unless you improve the guards and outside shooting of the early 90's teams you aren't beating Utah and Houston...Those Spurs teams were beaten by clogging the paint and forcing the outside shooters to beat them...that was pretty much what beat all the other tower combos as well, and that's what usually beat the Spurs when they lost in the Duncan and Robinson era....that's what beat Drob, and that's what beats Duncan. It's also what beat Wilt, Kareem, and Hakeem as well...

So I don't think it makes much difference if all you do is switch out Duncan for TC or Rodman...in fact it's possible that the Spurs could actually have won fewer titles with that arrangement than they did with getting Duncan late in Drob's career...could they have beaten the Rockets in 94-95? Maybe...but that Rockets team tended to play only as good as they had to to win...maybe, maybe not, but all the other years of the 90's would have been a similar ending...especially Utah.

And yeah...Drob probably wouldn't have been as willing to give up being the man in 92-93. By the time the Spurs drafted Duncan, Drob had proven and done everything there was to prove and do on the court(and boy howdy, I mean that literally)...cept the ring.

Getting Pop earlier instead of the revolving coaching door would have probably made as much difference as anything...at least Pop would have preached D.

TDMVPDPOY
04-17-2006, 05:46 AM
i tell you this we had more success against the bulls in the regular season, but playoffs n finals is different ball game. But i dont buy that jordan bs, drob+duncan 99-03 team wouldve cause them alot of trouble. the bulls had no front court.

whottt
04-17-2006, 06:06 AM
We had regular season success against the early 90's Bulls...and so did the Rockets...but the playoffs are different...as Patrick Ewing knows. The Bulls that won the last 3 titles rolled us.

The thing about the Bulls is that they always had more confidence than their opponents...I think only one of their finals opponents had championship experience.

I think if the Bulls had played the 93-94 Rockets, they would have beaten those Rockets. Those Rockets won because they got outchoked by the Knicks...but that 94-95 Rockets team was the most fearless and clutch team I have ever seen, that team had balls of steel. They were always on the road and always down 0-2 it seemed, and it never phased them. That's the only team of the 90's that I think stood a chance against the Bulls.

Those Bulls teams took out some pretty good bigmen in Ewing and Shaq.

E20
04-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah, Ralph Sampson could have been something if it weren't for his injuries, in all his years he was improving and averaging 20+ and 10+ with a good number of blocks until he got injured . I'd have expected him and Hakeem to win more rings.

phyzik
04-17-2006, 01:11 PM
i challenge you to a dance off at dicks last resort on the riverwalk, followed by a sports and history of the world trivia contest, then a game of one on one, topped off with me ourdrinking your ass and while you're lying drunk on the floor getting pissed on i'll be taking your mother dorothy mantooth out for a nice seafood dinner and never calling her again

:lol :lol :lol :lol

polandprzem
04-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah, Ralph Sampson could have been something if it weren't for his injuries, in all his years he was improving and averaging 20+ and 10+ with a good number of blocks until he got injured . I'd have expected him and Hakeem to win more rings.

They never won one.

But man had a potential.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-17-2006, 01:21 PM
What if Timmy not only would have been born a couple of years earlier, but what if he'd of been born with wings???

That would have been awesome. Then his foot and ankle problems of the last couple of years wouldn't have been an issue as he could just fly uncontested to the hoop every time!!!

That would have been the shizznizzliest ultra coolest thing of all!!

polandprzem
04-17-2006, 01:25 PM
If Tim would be teleported to the '60 ?

What a dominator he would be.

E20
04-17-2006, 01:27 PM
They never won one.

But man had a potential.
:lol I mis-worded my last sentence. What I meant to say is that they would have won rings if it weren't for his injuries.

picnroll
04-17-2006, 01:30 PM
What if we clone DRob and TD, raise the clones in a secret laboratory, and then draft the clones in 2025. Maybe we can get some MJ DNA from his barber too.

E20
04-17-2006, 01:35 PM
What if we clone DRob and TD, raise the clones in a secret laboratory, and then draft the clones in 2025. Maybe we can get some MJ DNA from his barber too.
It wouldn't work, the clones would age too fast and result in a pre-mature death.

cheguevara
04-17-2006, 01:37 PM
The MJ clone's head would blow up everytime we play Chicago

picnroll
04-17-2006, 01:39 PM
It wouldn't work, the clones would age too fast and result in a pre-mature death.
Okay, so we get fake birth certificates and draft them in 2015.

polandprzem
04-17-2006, 01:48 PM
:lol I mis-worded my last sentence. What I meant to say is that they would have won rings if it weren't for his injuries.
Yeah I thought so :)

Why don;''t we clone Timmys and David's genoms And we would have Tim Robinson.
That would be machine, and if we can make mix from Manu, Jordan, and LeBron wow.

Darrin
04-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Duncan and Robinson are already the most successful twin tower combination in history...

Wilt and Nate - 0 Rings
Hakeem and Ralph - 0 Rings
Ewing and Cartwright - 0 Rings

Drob and Duncan - 2 Rings...in 7 years of playing together...what was the difference in the other 5 years? Well most of the time it wasn't Drob and Duncan...perhaps I should ask instead, what was the difference in the 2 title winning years? Mario Elie and Jaren Jackson...Steve Kerr and Stephen Jackson...

Twin towers(even with both in their primes) has never been a championship winning formula...A pair of All Star Guards has been much more successful.

Guards are needed to have a great team. They are the intitators of the offense both from a passing and scoring standpoint. But Hakeem Olajuwon won his first NBA Championship with Kenny Smith and Veron Maxwell as the starting guards. I can name 8 or 9 All-Star pairings in the backcourt that never won a Championships together.

And the "Twin Towers" is a created term. Weren't James Worthy and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar "twin towers?" Weren't Kevin McHale and Robert Parish "twin towers?" All were All-Stars and all were Hall-of-Famers.

E20
04-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Guards are needed to have a great team. They are the intitators of the offense both from a passing and scoring standpoint. But Hakeem Olajuwon won his first NBA Championship with Kenny Smith and Veron Maxwell as the starting guards. I can name 8 or 9 All-Star pairings in the backcourt that never won a Championships together.

And the "Twin Towers" is a created term. Weren't James Worthy and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar "twin towers?" Weren't Kevin McHale and Robert Parish "twin towers?" All were All-Stars and all were Hall-of-Famers.
In Hakeem's HOF biography on NBA.com it states that him and Ralph Sampson invented the orginal Twin Towers. Hakeem playing C at 7'0" and Ralph playing PF at 7'4" and IMHO Ralph and Hakeem > David and Tim.

FromWayDowntown
04-17-2006, 02:26 PM
What if Timmy not only would have been born a couple of years earlier, but what if he'd of been born with wings???

That would have been awesome. Then his foot and ankle problems of the last couple of years wouldn't have been an issue as he could just fly uncontested to the hoop every time!!!

That would have been the shizznizzliest ultra coolest thing of all!!

EHJ --

I don't think we need to go off on flights of fancy like that. There's no need to be ridiculous when we're having an important serious discussion like this one.

If Tim and Dave had both just been born with a biological mechanism to give each of them complete immunity from aging and injury after the age of 25, I think we all know what the score would be.

Wings?!? Come on.

:D

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-17-2006, 02:31 PM
EHJ --

I don't think we need to go off on flights of fancy like that. There's no need to be ridiculous when we're having an important serious discussion like this one.

If Tim and Dave had both just been born with a biological mechanism to give each of them complete immunity from aging and injury after the age of 25, I think we all know what the score would be.

Wings?!? Come on.

:D

:lol

True, true. My bad.

pache100
04-17-2006, 03:08 PM
then we definitely would never see dave and tim together cause they'd be in death camps due to the color of their skin

Probably not...because they would never have been born...their parents (or maybe even grandparents) would have been the ones in the death camps.

whottt
04-17-2006, 03:28 PM

Gottamn...when did it become my lot in life to educate clueless Pistons Fans? I didn't ask for this fucking job.

For the 1 trillionth time...that Rocket team also had Mario Elie and Sam Casell on it.

Cassell was a flat out stud in the playoffs on both the Rockets title runs, often being their closer...Mario Elie was a tough leader, he started on our title team, and everyone talks about Kenny Smith like he was a freaking scrub...dude is the only player I know of to ever play in a dunk and 3 pt contest in the same All Star Game...he also lead the Rockets on their longest winning streak in history(to that point) while Hakeem was out with a brokwn face...

Stop acting like that Rockets team didn't have some great fucking guards...one of them went on to make and All NBA team, one of them went on to start on our first championship team...

And those were the fucking back ups on that team.

And the "Twin Towers" is a created term.

Gee, a "created term", and you are probably wondering why I am being a dick right now.

Could you show me what an uncreated term is? Tool.

Weren't James Worthy and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar "twin towers?" Weren't Kevin McHale and Robert Parish "twin towers?" All were All-Stars and all were Hall-of-Famers

No tool...by definition Twin Towers means the pairing of, AND STARTING of, two All Star Caliber Centers in lieu of the traidional C and PF line up...and furthermore, said team is built entirely around those two players....it helps if both are right at 7' or higher as well.

So, no James Worthy was never going to be a part of any twin towers formation, because at no point was he ever considered a C in any way shape or form. Not to mention those teams also had a guy named Magic Johnson.

Nate Thumond = All Star C
Wilt Chamberlain = All Star C
Ralph Sampson = All Star C
Hakeem Olajuwon = All Star C
Bill Cartwright = All Star C
Patrick Ewing = All Star C
David Robinson = All Star C

Tim Duncan...Well he's a PF but he was a C in college and has been interchangeable between the two positions for his entire career...Duncan is just as much of a C as he is a PF and anyone with a shred of knowledge realizes this.

That makes those the only twin tower combos in NBA history.

What excludes Parish and McHale from being considered twin towers? A guy named Larry Bird being on the same frontline with them and being the guy the team was built around...not to mention the other 2 or 3 All Stars and Finals MVP's at the guard spots and coming off the bench on some of those teams.

whottt
04-17-2006, 03:42 PM
I can't believe I just had to explain that to a Pistons fan...

Hey Piston Fan...how many of your finals MVP's have been guards?

You look at every NBA Champion in NBA history and you will find only one team that won a championship without a player who never was, nor never would never be an All Star Guard...and that's our 99 Spurs....the team that comes the closest after that is 93-94 the Rockets...but guess what? They did have a guy who would go on to be all NBA....and there is one common denominator between that teams and the team that won without any All Star Guards...Mario Elie...so what was your point about Hakeem again?

E20
04-17-2006, 03:57 PM

You look at every NBA Champion in NBA history and you will find only one team that won a championship without a player who never was, nor never would never be an All Star Guard...and that's our 99 Spurs....the team that comes the closest after that is 93-94 the Rockets...but guess what? They did have a guy who would go on to be all NBA....and there is one common denominator between that teams and the team that won without any All Star Guards...Mario Elie...so what was your point about Hakeem again?
Joe Dumars, Isiah Thomas, and Chauncey Billups. And I'm confused is Whottt in support of Hakeem or against? :lol

Darrin
04-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Gottamn...when did it become my lot in life to educate clueless Pistons Fans? I didn't ask for this fucking job.

Ooh, I like how this begins. Someone who gets the insults out of the way from the beginning. Let's get it on! :stirpot:

For the 1 trillionth time...that Rocket team also had Mario Elie and Sam Casell on it. Stop acting like that Rockets team didn't have some great fucking guards...one of them went on to make and All NBA team, one of them went on to start on our first championship team...

Are you honestly making the argument that Sam Cassell, Mario Elie, Veron Maxwell, and Kenny Smith can claim to have the COMBINED talent and accomplishments of Hakeem Olajuwon? They had serviceable guards, and that is what I implicated in the first sentence of the post you are responding to. But we are talking about one All-Star Appearance (Cassell in 2004) of the two guys you just mentioned. We're talking about two guys who have played for a combined 13 NBA teams. I think they qualify as journeymen.

Cassell

Gee, a "created term", and you are probably wondering why I am being a dick right now.

No, I think this has been hilarious thus far.

You're right; it's bad choice of words. "Subjective term" or "adjective" are probably more on target of what I was trying to say.

Could you show me what an uncreated term is? Tool.

:lol Such wit.

No tool...by definition Twin Towers means the pairing of, AND STARTING of, two All Star Caliber Centers in lieu of the traidional C and PF line up...and furthermore, said team is built entirely around those two players....it helps if both are right at 7' or higher as well.

So how does this include Tim Duncan, who has played power forward his entire career and is listed at 6-11? My original point is that the term is very loosely applied to "two tall players who play All-NBA basketball on the same team."

Tim Duncan...Well he's a PF but he was a C in college and has been interchangeable between the two positions for his entire career...Duncan is just as much of a C as he is a PF and anyone with a shred of knowledge realizes this.

And yet the Spurs have poured money into centers, not power forwards in the absence of David Robinson (Rasho Nesterovic, Nazr Mohammad). When I have watched the Spurs, it was more likely I would see Malik Rose at center than Tim Duncan. It went the other way for Hakeem Olajuwon. That's why I think including Duncan in this conversation, a slam-dunk Hall-of-Famer who is the best big man of his generation, makes the term "Twin Towers" a flimsy and ill-defined term.

What excludes Parish and McHale from being considered twin towers? A guy named Larry Bird being on the same frontline with them and being the guy the team was built around...not to mention the other 2 or 3 All Stars and Finals MVP's at the guard spots and coming off the bench on some of those teams.

Wait, wait, wait...didn't Duncan and Robinson have MARIO ELIE, AVERY JOHNSON, and SEAN ELLIOTT?!?! I seem to remember a game-winning shot, and it wasn't Duncan nailing it! :lol

Seriously, the Spurs were built around Duncan and Robinson, but they weren't without guards. I'd say that the Sixers (Andrew Toney and Maurice Cheeks), the Pistons (Joe Dumars and Isiah Thomas), the Lakers (Byron Scott and Magic Johnson) had better guard units than the Celtics. And yes, I am aware of Tiny Archibald, Chris Ford, Danny Ainge, and Dennis Johnson.

But it sounds like the "Twin Towers" have a rule you haven't listed: they have to be the two best players on thier team.

Darrin
04-17-2006, 04:41 PM

The old axium that "behind every good man is a good woman..."

Joe Dumars has been Finals MVP in 1988-89

started
C - Bill Laimbeer (13.6 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.23 bpg)
PF - Rick Mahorn (7.3 ppg, 6.9 rpg)
SF - Mark Aguirre (15.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.5 apg - last 36 games) / Adrian Dantley (18.4 ppg - leading scorer - 3.9 rpg, and 2.2 apg - first 42 games)

off-the-bench:
F - Dennis Rodman (9.0 ppg, 9.4 rpg),
PF/C - John Salley (7.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg, and 1.07 bpg),
C - James Edwards (7.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg)

Of the Pistons 9-man rotation, 6 of them were frontcourt players. Only Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, and Vinnie Johnson were a part of the rotation.

Can you name an NBA Champion that had an All-Star Guard without an All-Star frontcourt player? Ask Tracy McGrady, Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, Jerry Stackhouse, Paul Pierce, Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen --- if you can win A TITLE without rebounders and shot blockers.

Guards are important. They initiate the offense as it gets bogged down on the block. They can penetrate the lane, hit an open jumper, and are generally more versitile than big men. But winning in the NBA comes down to possession control, and that requires rebounding and limiting high-percentage shots. That's the job, traditionally, of big men.

polandprzem
04-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Duuhhhh Darrin we have got 5 positons in basketball- it would be extreamly difficult to play Twin Towers in a game 2 on 5.

mario Elie '99 was not Mario '95 come on.
What comparisons are you making?