PDA

View Full Version : Who plays vs Utah?

Fabbs
04-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Do we start/play Dunkar, GNob and Parker?

Do we play them ___ how many minutes?

I know as of this printing that we have yet to see tonights Dallas outcome.
I want Duncan to sit. Dallas win or loss. Yeah yeah i know he looked good since before the stomache flu and has looked great the last 3 games. Don't care. Rest him. It's all about the health and the playoffs. Had it up to here with the b2b stuff.

I'd sit Parker and GNob too. If it comes down to Houston then start all three and let them get one last romp in before the playoffs. Houston minus Yao and TMac is a slam dunk.

ZStomp
04-16-2006, 08:39 PM
I'd rather sit them out for HOU since they are (as you said) a slam dunk without Yao/TMAC......lets get the #1 seed first..then let the guys rest up TUE-SAT/SUN...

Kori Ellis
04-16-2006, 08:41 PM
I don't think they should sit Manu. He just got back and needs to get into some rhythm. I think they should start the starters as normal in all the games, and then just don't play them as much during the games.

spurschick
04-16-2006, 08:42 PM
I'd say do what they did tonight. Start as usual, rest when you've got a 30 point lead.

Fabbs
04-16-2006, 08:46 PM
I'd rather sit them out for HOU since they are (as you said) a slam dunk without Yao/TMAC......lets get the #1 seed first..then let the guys rest up TUE-SAT/SUN...

I hear you. And if Jeff Van Gundy throws in the coaching for the final game, Hou would be that much better.

However, if you elect to play start them all and go for the clinch vs Utah on Monday night, don't you find that too long of a rest before the 1st playoff game? We're talking 5-6 days. I would rather see the rhythm continue (including GNob Kori) vs Houston on Wed the 19th as a final tuneup.

Fabbs
04-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Kori and all I certainly don't expect you to have this memorized but hasn't both Manus and Tony Ps injuries all been in the 2nd game of hack to hacks?

Despot
04-16-2006, 09:57 PM
I just looked at the standings and scores, and Dallas is beating Utah 89-70, if that goes the way it's headed, Utah will be eliminated form the playoffs, so, does that make Utah more dangerous tomorrow?

Sacramento is also winning, so if the lakers lose their last game, and Sac wins their last game, we play the Lakers in the first round (assuming we hold on to the first seed)

cheguevara
04-17-2006, 10:06 AM
We'll lose tonight regardless.

pache100
04-17-2006, 10:10 AM
I don't think they should sit Manu. He just got back and needs to get into some rhythm. I think they should start the starters as normal in all the games, and then just don't play them as much during the games.

Me, too. Start the starters, then heavy substitutions. But, I think the established routine should absolutely be observed at this point. We don't want to risk affecting the rhythm or timing. Everybody knows their role by now and we should stick to what works.

I'd say do what they did tonight. Start as usual, rest when you've got a 30 point lead.

:tu

SAGambler
04-17-2006, 12:04 PM
I don't think they should sit Manu. He just got back and needs to get into some rhythm.

Yeah, he looked just a hair off last night, especially on his 3 pt attempts. I think he for sure needs some playing time

spurster
04-17-2006, 12:51 PM
WIn now, rest later. Even though the Rockets are down, you don't want to give a team that hard to take seriously a reason to beat you.

polandprzem
04-17-2006, 12:53 PM

I would prefer no b2b for Manu. pLay him vs Houston with Tim and Tony on the bench.

we'll see

Fabbs
04-17-2006, 04:03 PM
So far everyone is for Tim Dunk playing yet another b2b tonight.
Or at least no one is for resting Duncan tonight.

Greenday. I walk alone in resting Duncan tonight.

If he, Parker or GNob plaly in both and any get injured vs Utah OR Houston i am holding all of you accountable. Don't even try to give me the "it could happen in any game" schpeel.