PDA

View Full Version : Smallish towns

ObiwanGinobili
04-17-2006, 11:09 AM
so last week I spent most of it in Victoria...... wow.

you know it's not really a small town per se... but it keeps that small town feel.
In just 5 days I was able to run into just about everyone I ever knew there at the mall, target or uncle mutt's.

Here's some V-town news for those who give a rats patooty.

1. They are making Navarro into a boulevard from zac lentz up to the walmart turn off.
Why they need to keep pouring $$ into that street but Sam Houston & Laurent are still pothole paradise's is beyond my comprehension.

2. they are replacing piping under Manor Dr. again. didn't get it rigth the 1st 3 times.

3. Dexter Eaves got defeated in the primary. Finally his reign of tyranny as district attourny has come to an end. I'll never understand how that asswipe would send bad check writers to jail for 30, 60 or 90 days...
& then plea bargin a drunk driver (white guy, 11am) who hit & ran killing a 13 yr old (hispanic) to 5 years probation.

4.Drug Emporium is closing down.

5. Mrs. Atzenhoffer still has a shopping addiction & has taken to dumping her excessive purchases in a dumpster behind the truck shop @ Atzenhoffer chevrolet. If anyone is lookign for a slightly used Fendi purse or a brand new DVD player... mihgt want to check it out. Both were found in there last week just minutes after she drove off.

6. I took 3 orders for native style baby slings in the walmart parking lot. Just me walking thru the parking lot wearing Eloisa in a sling and someone asks where I got it, I tell them I made it.. and bingo $20 plus fabric costs in my pocket with thier mailing address. hahahhahaha :lol

7. speaking of walmart - that old hag cathy still works as the phone operator while sitting her fat ass at the fittign rooms all day long. in 5 mins I heard 7 phone calls ofthe absolute worse customer service ever.

8.Mr. Trevino, who owns Siesta, has gained even more weight. At this point he isn't even walking anymore. He's got one of those scooter thingys now.

9. HEB had bought the old Kmart building awhile back and then tore it down. Speculation at 1st was that it would be a HEB central market catering to the country club front tuckers. However it is now confirmned that it will be an HEB PLUS.

10. someone stole my mothers push lawnmower. It's a PUSH lawnmower. NO engine, no power. And someone stole it. Fucking Pathetic.

mookie2001
04-17-2006, 11:14 AM
wwhwh wwhwhwhhwat???????????????

ObiwanGinobili
04-17-2006, 11:17 AM
wwhwh wwhwhwhhwat???????????????

thats right. drug emporium is closing. go drown your sorrows in your sweet tea.

mookie2001
04-17-2006, 11:29 AM
heres the real news

gas prices are up^, in US dollars- price per gallon/unleaded
Port Lavaca auto group are EMBARRASSING the competition
sally blackwell case is going to be featured on 48Hours mystery
eaves said the reason he didnt prosecute federally in organized drug and murder cases, was because the feds were tied up convicting terrorists
opponent frank henderson then pointed out that not one terrorist has even been charged with any crime in the appropriate fed court (this was the local ownage moment of the year)

mr eaves is a close personal friend of Mr. Pego

mr trevino lost his race to be school board president
hunter the reckoning bought a german automobile, but doesnt yet know how to smoke and drive at the same time

new quizmos
academy

Springfield Elementary My Dear Watson Detective School-Victoria had a 4 day weekend

ObiwanGinobili
04-17-2006, 11:44 AM
hahahahahahah ha. I hate dexter eaves.

smartest thing to ever happen to PL was the PL auto group.

Kovar sold at the right time. take the $$ & run I say. take it & run. Although I'm sure his daughter is drinking it all down the drain.

huntertherekoning shoul not be smoking in a german automobile anyway.

Vashner
04-17-2006, 11:47 AM
no no .. here is the R E A L Victoria news..

Everyone is on crack, meth or weed.

atxrocker
04-17-2006, 12:21 PM
victoria small? try its neighbor, Yoakum. my grandma lives there and how my dad and his siblings grew up there is beyond me. what a sad life.

TheTruth
04-17-2006, 12:32 PM
I will be at the HEB Plus grand opening in Victoria. I would sure like to get together with Mookie and show him all the books about W in the new book dept.

MannyIsGod
04-17-2006, 01:23 PM
I was in Eagle Pass this weekend and I realized just how much living in a small town like that must suck. What the hell do you do there? There's jack shit!

Vashner
04-17-2006, 01:28 PM
It's close too good fishing. It's not a bad town. I have only been there once.

Eagle pass is worse there is no water except well the River and that's like liquid mud.

I plan on moving north of Leakey once I start getting Xbox 360 money (going to build a huge house on 20+ acres).

The thing is you live in small town but have big town toys. Satellite, internet, bunch of computers, guns, cars boats etc.

I can't stand sitting in traffic in this city nowdays. It's like in the old days you used to see the same people... same old trucks with smoke and old cars. And a few rich in BMW's.

Nowdays in San Antonio it's like stop and look around in traffic.. I don't KNOW these people.. where they fuck did they come from??

At least in Leakey you get to know BOB at the corner store and how his wife Alice has cancer etc.. I like that small town feel. You can smell the flowers better instead of just a sea of steel, heat and upset people.

ShoogarBear
04-17-2006, 01:53 PM
You forgot to tell us about the guys down at Goober's Gas Station.

boutons_
04-17-2006, 02:06 PM
"What the hell do you do there? There's jack shit!"

Probably how Dallas and Houston, and maybe Austin, feel about San Antono.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-17-2006, 02:12 PM
You forgot to tell us about the guys down at Goober's Gas Station.

:lol

04-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Is the Brown Bag still open?

Fried pickles still good at Tejas?

Obi, next time you're down there, do yourself a favor and head to Port Lavaca and grab lunch at La Parilla. The stuffed avacado is freaking awesome.

MannyIsGod
04-17-2006, 04:31 PM
"What the hell do you do there? There's jack shit!"

Probably how Dallas and Houston, and maybe Austin, feel about San Antono.Comparing the difference between San Antonio and Houston and San Antonio and Eagle Pass is just stupid.

Clandestino
04-17-2006, 04:34 PM
san antonio is the largest small town i've ever been in.. i can't go anywhere and not run into someone!

SpursWoman
04-17-2006, 04:36 PM
The stuffed avacado is freaking awesome.

It that's your bag, I suggest you try the Something-or-other hotel in Nairobi, Kenya ... where these avacados the size of your head are stuffed with this amazing shrimp salad. I'll never forget those as long as I live. :depressed :lol

MoSpur
04-17-2006, 04:44 PM
I was born and raised in San Antonio. Raised on the South Side. My freshman year in high school my parents completed their new home on five acres in Devine and I had to go with them. Devine stinks. I hate that town. Everyone knows a little bit about everyone's history. Nothing to do there at all except drink and smoke out. There was a Dairy Queen and a Super S. One main road.

Thank God my parents were cool with me moving in with a friend in San Antonio my senior year to graduate with those I grew up with. I would have had to graduate on a football field and gone to prom at the high school gym.

MoSpur
04-17-2006, 04:45 PM
san antonio is the largest small town i've ever been in.. i can't go anywhere and not run into someone!

I agree. Especially if I am in the South Side. I love this city man!

samikeyp
04-17-2006, 05:36 PM

Me too. I love it. Its not for everyone but I do love living here. Nothing wrong with that.

Summers
04-17-2006, 06:39 PM
I was in Eagle Pass this weekend and I realized just how much living in a small town like that must suck. What the hell do you do there? There's jack shit!

Live a peaceful, quiet life with low blood pressure. I just got home (San Marcos, that is) from a check-up in Austin with the eye surgeon who fixed my detached retina two months ago. It took me over an hour to make a 30-mile drive. And Austin traffic has gotten unreal since we lived there 5 years ago. Everyone there drives like an asshole (or maybe I've just forgotten to drive like an Austinite). My opinion of the trip is probably somewhat affected by the fact that the a/c in my truck doesn't work and by the time I got home, I was literally drenched with sweat.

04-17-2006, 06:48 PM
It that's your bag, I suggest you try the Something-or-other hotel in Nairobi, Kenya ... where these avacados the size of your head are stuffed with this amazing shrimp salad. I'll never forget those as long as I live. :depressed :lol

Yea, but after they stuff the avacado with either meat or chicken, it's wrapped in cheese, breaded and deep fried.

ObiwanGinobili
04-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Is the Brown Bag still open?

Fried pickles still good at Tejas?

Obi, next time you're down there, do yourself a favor and head to Port Lavaca and grab lunch at La Parilla. The stuffed avacado is freaking awesome.

Brown bag will never close it'd be a crime agbainst nature.

hahhahaha ha! :lol I actually had an order of pickles & peppers @ Tejas last week and they were just as delicious as always! :p

I would nevere drive all the way to port of the cow just for soem yum yums.

but i did have a most excellent enchillada plate @ M&M Pinto Bean. Which has recently enlarged to approximatly 2000000x's it's previous size. :hat

thispego
04-17-2006, 07:19 PM
so last week I spent most of it in Victoria...... wow.

you know it's not really a small town per se... but it keeps that small town feel.
In just 5 days I was able to run into just about everyone I ever knew there at the mall, target or uncle mutt's.

Here's some V-town news for those who give a rats patooty.

3. Dexter Eaves got defeated in the primary. Finally his reign of tyranny as district attourny has come to an end. I'll never understand how that asswipe would send bad check writers to jail for 30, 60 or 90 days...
& then plea bargin a drunk driver (white guy, 11am) who hit & ran killing a 13 yr old (hispanic) to 5 years probation.
the man who beat out dextar eaves was dextars protege, even though he is a republican and dex is a democrat. yes dex is a dem. i shit you not

4.Drug Emporium is closing down.
:wow

8.Mr. Trevino, who owns Siesta, has gained even more weight. At this point he isn't even walking anymore. He's got one of those scooter thingys now.
their breakfast tacos or overrated, imo

10. someone stole my mothers push lawnmower. It's a PUSH lawnmower. NO engine, no power. And someone stole it. Fucking Pathetic.
i'll return it

heres the real news

gas prices are up^, in US dollars- price per gallon/unleaded
Port Lavaca auto group are EMBARRASSING the competition
sally blackwell case is going to be featured on 48Hours mystery
eaves said the reason he didnt prosecute federally in organized drug and murder cases, was because the feds were tied up convicting terrorists
opponent frank henderson then pointed out that not one terrorist has even been charged with any crime in the appropriate fed court (this was the local ownage moment of the year)

mr eaves is a close personal friend of Mr. Pego
once upon a time

hunter the reckoning bought a german automobile, but doesnt yet know how to smoke and drive at the same time

new quizmos
academy

Springfield Elementary My Dear Watson Detective School-Victoria had a 4 day weekend
alll news to me

ShoogarBear
04-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Jeez, there's prolly more information about Victoria in this thread then you can find in their town library.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-17-2006, 07:22 PM

I hope he dies by fire and I'm there to piss on his ashes.

LOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! You've gotta be shitting me. You've gotta be shitting me.
whwhwhahw-wh-w-ha-whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Who woulda thought 8 enchiladas + rice + beans each day would do that to you?

BTW you people who scoff victoria are off base. It's not as small as you think it is , with slack jawed yokel's and illiterate spanish speaking mexicans on every corner
In fact, Victoria's hispanic population probably speaks 100000% better english than those in SA. Not to belittle their ghettoness though. Crossroads are crossroads.

It's not one intersection with 3 stores, but the thing is Victoria relies on people's first-hand impression by word of mouth to keep the population down....if people knew what a decent place it was to raise children, the population would explode even faster there.
And it's already bad enough.

thispego
04-17-2006, 07:23 PM
lol, cbf likes it

Cant_Be_Faded
04-17-2006, 07:28 PM
It's funny that Obiwan knows Mr. Trevino by name.

thispego
04-17-2006, 07:30 PM
she used to cut the bacon for the breakfast tacos

Cant_Be_Faded
04-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Even Josh Hernandez knew Mr. Trevino by name.

Obiwan used to cut bacon at Siesta?

thispego
04-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Even Josh Hernandez knew Mr. Trevino by name.

Obiwan used to cut bacon at Siesta?
AND rolled enchiladas

mr trevino aint shit though
i'll take el taqueria #5 over siesta any day

Cant_Be_Faded
04-17-2006, 07:36 PM
LOL that means the hernandez brothers probably checked out obiwan in one of their enchilada binges.

ObiwanGinobili
04-17-2006, 07:37 PM
I vacummed the floor & took out the trash @ Siesta.
shitest 1st job ever.

Bobby Trevino is such a momma's boy. He doesn't wipe his ass unless his momma says it;s ok.
guarrented if he'd been elected it would've been his momma runing that school board, not him.

thispego
04-17-2006, 07:38 PM
is this before or after the original mookie bathed in afore-mentioned enchilada(sauce)

ObiwanGinobili
04-17-2006, 07:41 PM
never ever eat @ Siesta. truuuuuuuusssssst me.

M&M pinto bean and that other place next to Pizza Hut & the playhouse? they rock.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Why not eat at Siesta? I think their shit is way better than the Taqueria by Pizza Hut.

thispego
04-17-2006, 07:50 PM
siesta employs the hurry-up food preperation method

thispego
04-17-2006, 07:51 PM
it's like the taco cabana of victoria... except for when there was a taco cabana in victoria

Cant_Be_Faded
04-17-2006, 07:52 PM
you think thats bad

rememba when i went sky diving with kareem abdul jabbar

SpursWoman
04-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Small town-ish, as in just Victoria? Or any small town?

I spent every summer vacation, Christmas, Thanksgiving, spring break, Easter...and whenever at my uncle's ranch in Hondo. I loved that town....all they had (when I was little, anyway) was a Dairy Queen, a Pizza Hut, and an open account at Nester's grocery store :smokin. When it was hot-shit when Walmart got there. And the 4 lane bowling alley actually had people on the other end to reset the pins. :wow :lmao

I had the best of both worlds I guess. :)

Vashner
04-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Hondo = tornado magnet.

ObiwanGinobili
04-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Why not eat at Siesta? I think their shit is way better than the Taqueria by Pizza Hut.

Besides the tortilla lady keeping one hand down the back of her holey sweat pants scratching her scaby ass teh whole time?
there is also the fact that they only make enchiladas on Monday. they keep racks of them under the heat lamps from open till close all week just puting them in the fridge at night time.
grease traps are never ever ever cleaned.
if a avocado falls onto the floor (ewwww) and rolls artound all over i nteh meat prepe area, it is just picked up & tossed back inthe guac like nothing happened.
speaking of meat, that fridge never ever works right.

ObiwanGinobili
04-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Small town-ish, as in just Victoria? Or any small town?

I spent every summer vacation, Christmas, Thanksgiving, spring break, Easter...and whenever at my uncle's ranch in Hondo. I loved that town....all they had (when I was little, anyway) was a Dairy Queen, a Pizza Hut, and an open account at Nester's grocery store :smokin. When it was hot-shit when Walmart got there. And the 4 lane bowling alley actually had people on the other end to reset the pins. :wow :lmao

I had the best of both worlds I guess. :)

smallish as in towns that arn't necessarily what most ould consider small but retain a small town feel.

SpursWoman
04-17-2006, 08:19 PM
They had 3 in 1995 and 1 in 2002 ... I don't remember anything that significant before then. :fro

SpursWoman
04-17-2006, 08:24 PM
smallish as in towns that arn't necessarily what most ould consider small but retain a small town feel.

Victoria's population is about 60k ... that would be "smallish". Hondo is about 8K ... that'd be really fukkin small. :lol

ObiwanGinobili
04-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Victoria's population is about 60k ... that would be "smallish". Hondo is about 8K ... that'd be really fukkin small. :lol

yeah, in my mind Hondo, cuero, goliad, La Vernia .. .those are small towns.
Victoria is smallish.

and with the county pop/metro area it's pushing 100k.

SpursWoman
04-17-2006, 08:28 PM
So are you the Buddy Holly of Victoria? :lol

ShoogarBear
04-17-2006, 08:31 PM
So are you the Buddy Holly of Victoria? :lol
Dammit, beat me to it.

ObiwanGinobili
04-17-2006, 08:34 PM
yes in that I know a lot of dumb littel facts.

but no since I an't stand the place for more than 2 days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

for got to add in my report:

Faith Family Church has gained too much power. now they are decideing who gets habitat for humanity homes.
they must be destroyed before thier evil can spread even further.

chode_regulator
04-17-2006, 08:35 PM
LOL that means the hernandez brothers probably checked out obiwan in one of their enchilada binges.
:lmao

chode_regulator
04-17-2006, 08:35 PM
is this before or after the original mookie bathed in afore-mentioned enchilada(sauce)
:lol

chode_regulator
04-17-2006, 08:37 PM
it's like the taco cabana of victoria... except for when there was a taco cabana in victoria
and :spin
btw this thread is hilarious and the info in here really is more than ive heard about the most notorious/my hometown town there is in all south texas

Extra Stout
06-16-2006, 09:41 AM
I was born and raised in San Antonio. Raised on the South Side. My freshman year in high school my parents completed their new home on five acres in Devine and I had to go with them. Devine stinks. I hate that town. Everyone knows a little bit about everyone's history. Nothing to do there at all except drink and smoke out. There was a Dairy Queen and a Super S. One main road.

Thank God my parents were cool with me moving in with a friend in San Antonio my senior year to graduate with those I grew up with. I would have had to graduate on a football field and gone to prom at the high school gym.
People from Devine talk funny. The way the Texas drawl mixes with the Mexican accent makes them sound like they're from Wisconsin or something.

Extra Stout
06-16-2006, 09:42 AM
South Texas small towns during the summer exist in a state of suspended animation.

ashbeeigh
06-16-2006, 11:43 AM
People from Devine talk funny. The way the Texas drawl mixes with the Mexican accent makes them sound like they're from Wisconsin or something.

If you want someone from Wisconsin get me a little drunk. You'll hear some news from small town Wisconsin and small town Texas Lutheran University. :)

Extra Stout
06-16-2006, 11:49 AM
If you want someone from Wisconsin get me a little drunk. You'll hear some news from small town Wisconsin and small town Texas Lutheran University. :)
I think she is hitting on me or something. Eww.

The Reckoning
01-03-2011, 01:27 AM
havent been there in four years no more than two hours at a time.

any updates? i know the high schools split and victoria east has a badass football team with finley at coach.

oh and coach mares is head baseball coach at goliad now :lol

thispego
01-03-2011, 01:45 AM
an oldie but a goodie

Cant_Be_Faded
01-03-2011, 01:48 AM
East >>> West at football

Which is great because East = South and West = North

So somehow, someway, the southside finally takin the shit to the bank and dominating all the rich kids