PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Attorneys..

LuvBones
04-17-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm looking for some legal advice but don't really know how to go about finding a good attorney that can give me some free advice before I decide on going through with this... basically I'm trying to get someone fired at my work for sexual harrassment/assualt. Any #'s or names would help A LOT!!

young_prosecutor
04-17-2006, 11:49 AM
what seems to be the problem?

young_prosecutor
04-17-2006, 11:49 AM
i'm a young assistant DA

Vashner
04-17-2006, 11:51 AM
For that? Yellow pages..

But if it's REAL sexual harassment it should go thru your work HR department unless they refuse to get involved OR a physical assault has taken place.

If you get a lawyer before talking to HR they are going to think your a liar.

LuvBones
04-17-2006, 11:55 AM
The company I work for told me they have already done everything they could do. They at first told me that this guy would be fired but after talking to the company that he works for.. they came back with "because we have a contract with his company, we are not allowed to fire him". Now I'm supposed to go through the company he works for but I can't seem to find his company's name, number, nothing! It all seems shady. Anyone heard of a company here called Deerstone? I've looked through the yellow pages, called 411, looked online, NOTHING.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-17-2006, 11:58 AM
The company I work for told me they have already done everything they could do. They at first told me that this guy would be fired but after talking to the company that he works for.. they came back with "because we have a contract with his company, we are not allowed to fire him". Now I'm supposed to go through the company he works for but I can't seem to find his company's name, number, nothing! It all seems shady. Anyone heard of a company here called Deerstone? I've looked through the yellow pages, called 411, looked online, NOTHING.

Your HR department should be able to provide you with contact info since they're falling back on their contract.

LuvBones
04-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Even if I get the number to this company, I know they don't want to fire him so it's going to be tough. BUT, I do know that he or his wife is working here illegally. I just don't where to start/who to go to. I've tried going through my company but they don't seem to be doing much about it.

TDMVPDPOY
04-17-2006, 12:16 PM
call immagration or tax office, make sum bs up um theres this guy who works here earnin $$$ not payin tax and lives on welfare with multiple names....

Vashner
04-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Tell us what he did...

It does not have to be exact.

Edit add: Pepper spray the beeper. Then call 911 "I have been attacked".

Even if innocent they will throw him in the pokey :)

That's cold.. but seriously I assume it was serious since someone wants to pay big money for lawyer.

LuvBones
04-17-2006, 02:26 PM
This guy is a one of the janitors that comes in the evening to clean up the place and we ran into each other on a floor where no one was at and he basically just grabbed my face and kissed me and was holding onto me so I couldn't just pull away... I had to push him off me. It happened real quick, I was thinking at first I'll just let it go but fuck that! I don't know why any guy thinks it's okay to just randomly go up to a girl and grab her and kiss her..... especially at work. I went to the managers hoping there would be some sort of consequence for this but they aren't doing anything because they "didn't see it". Now I just want the guy fired and it seems the only way is to threaten the company he works for... still looking for #s...

kris
04-17-2006, 02:41 PM
This guy is a one of the janitors that comes in the evening to clean up the place and we ran into each other on a floor where no one was at and he basically just grabbed my face and kissed me and was holding onto me so I couldn't just pull away... I had to push him off me. It happened real quick, I was thinking at first I'll just let it go but fuck that! I don't know why any guy thinks it's okay to just randomly go up to a girl and grab her and kiss her..... especially at work. I went to the managers hoping there would be some sort of consequence for this but they aren't doing anything because they "didn't see it". Now I just want the guy fired and it seems the only way is to threaten the company he works for... still looking for #s...

Sounds like a hard case to win. There is no proof really and all he did is kiss you. It's an unfortunate situation because if you are not budging from your stance that he be fired, he will probably have to do something else/more and you have proof of it (unlikely he'd admit to it) or you will have to quit your job.

It does sound wierd that you can't find the company he works for. I hope you find them and are able to report him. As for them firing him, again it is tough, because all you will have is an allegation. Usually, the more allegations documented helps, especially by different women, but one alone depends on the company's stance.

timvp
04-17-2006, 02:47 PM

That sounds like an assault to me. You should probably go ahead and get the police involved if no one is willing to help you. Tell 'em what happened and then likely the police will start doing the digging for you. You should also file a restraining order if janitor is still around you.

If you don't have money to waste on a lawyer, going straight to the police is the best way to go. You aren't going to find that janitor's company because it's just a front so they can hire illegals to be janitors ... and the company you work for isn't going to help you find them because they are getting cheap labor.

Even if it's been awhile, the police will still listen to you and act accordingly. Good luck.

:hat

kris
04-17-2006, 02:55 PM
It completely escaped me that the company was funnelling illegal immigrants. Yeah, that pretty much has to be it.

SpursWoman
04-17-2006, 03:01 PM
That sounds like an assault to me. You should probably go ahead and get the police involved if no one is willing to help you. Tell 'em what happened and then likely the police will start doing the digging for you. You should also file a restraining order if janitor is still around you.

:tu

At least if nothing happens to that person this time around because of lack of evidence or whatever, it will be documented. So if something (God forbid) happens again ... you'll probably get a lot further with it.

And if that cleaning company is hiring illegal workers, they are going to get in trouble one way or another. :)

Clandestino
04-17-2006, 03:10 PM
yeah, at least get it documented, so when you kill him the next time he does that or something even worse, you will be covered. in the meantime, be careful, and carry some mace...

LuvBones
04-17-2006, 03:11 PM

If you don't have money to waste on a lawyer, going straight to the police is the best way to go. You aren't going to find that janitor's company because it's just a front so they can hire illegals to be janitors ... and the company you work for isn't going to help you find them because they are getting cheap labor.

Even if it's been awhile, the police will still listen to you and act accordingly. Good luck.

:hathttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies2/smitu.gif Thanks.

SpursWoman
04-17-2006, 03:11 PM
yeah, at least get it documented, so when you kill him the next time he does that or something even worse, you will be covered. in the meantime, be careful, and carry some mace...

Awesome! :lmao

Silver21_Black20
04-17-2006, 03:12 PM
What an unfortunate situation that bastard put you in. Keep digging for information about his company, I'm sure something has to be out there about it. Good luck!

Vashner
04-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Let's all show up there and jack the dude up.. haha.

Spurstalk Vigilantes (totally kidding btw***)

ZStomp
04-17-2006, 06:42 PM
I'd make a police report. That's for sure.

Vashner
04-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Yea that's sexual assault for sure. If they find any record on the dude then it's an ez win. If he's clean then it's your word vs his.

ZStomp
04-17-2006, 10:12 PM
That's not sexual assault...

KEDA
04-17-2006, 10:30 PM
next time you see this guy, walk by real slow and real close to him.

when he makes another move hit him with 2 cans of pepper spray, 1 in each hand.

then beat his ass with the mop handle, the pour bleach on him. That will teach him to fuck with you!!!

Nbadan
04-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Since he's likely illegal anyway, and reporting him to the cops is likely to go nowhere fast, the next time you see him, walk up to him and kick him in the balls as hard as you can. He'll stay the hell away from you from then on, I guarantee it.

timvp
04-18-2006, 12:53 AM

Actually, yeah it is. Touching her and kissing like that is an assault.

Another cop who doesn't know the law ...

:p

Kori Ellis
04-18-2006, 12:54 AM

Umm.. yes it is.

http://www.legal-info-legale.nb.ca/showpub.asp?id=16&langid=1

Sexual assault is any kind of assault that involves sexual activity. Kissing, fondling and sexual intercourse without a person's consent are examples of sexual assault.

http://www.iit.edu/~cc/sexual%20assault.htm

Sexual assault is a generic term to describe intentional sexual contact that is made without consent. It can range from kissing and touching to penetration.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-18-2006, 01:00 AM
Whoops...didn't fully read.

mikejones99
04-18-2006, 03:12 AM
Watch where you are walking from now on. I think you should see a doctor instead of a lawyer. Get a new job if you don't like the guy. Jesus.

Kori Ellis
04-18-2006, 03:19 AM
Watch where you are walking from now on. I think you should see a doctor instead of a lawyer. Get a new job if you don't like the guy. Jesus.

:rolleyes

LuvBones --

This could be it:

Deerstone Ent
(210) 646-9900 4411 Walzem Rd
San Antonio, TX

NASpurs
04-18-2006, 03:25 AM

Wow what an asshole. She didn't do shit to get treatment like that from that guy and now she's the one who has to give up her job because the guy forced himself onto her? Don't even know what kind of logic you need to make sense of what you just said.

BTW D, check your email. :spin

mikejones99
04-18-2006, 03:35 AM
This is why most women should not be in the workplace. Too much of a risk for lawsuits unless you make them see a lawyer before they are hired.

Melmart1
04-18-2006, 03:40 AM
Nothing like a wannabe troll trying to hijack what was otherwise a very serious thread. At least mouse's trolls are funny, not trying too hard to be bitter.

ZStomp
04-18-2006, 05:52 AM
Actually, yeah it is. Touching her and kissing like that is an assault.

Another cop who doesn't know the law ...

:p

Yes. It may be a form of an assault (or sexaul harrassment for sure) but not SEXUAL assault here in texas. I guarantee you that if you were to call police on this matter...this would not be written up as a sexual assault.

In texas, sexaul assault is defined....

§ 22.011. SEXUAL ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an
offense if the person:
(1) intentionally or knowingly:
(A) causes the penetration of the anus or sexual
organ of another person by any means, without that person's
consent;
(B) causes the penetration of the mouth of
another person by the sexual organ of the actor, without that
person's consent; or
(C) causes the sexual organ of another person,
without that person's consent, to contact or penetrate the mouth,
anus, or sexual organ of another person, including the actor; or
(2) intentionally or knowingly:
(A) causes the penetration of the anus or sexual
organ of a child by any means;
(B) causes the penetration of the mouth of a
child by the sexual organ of the actor;
(C) causes the sexual organ of a child to contact
or penetrate the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person,
including the actor;
(D) causes the anus of a child to contact the
mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person, including the
actor; or
(E) causes the mouth of a child to contact the
anus or sexual organ of another person, including the actor.
(b) A sexual assault under Subsection (a)(1) is without the
consent of the other person if:
(1) the actor compels the other person to submit or
participate by the use of physical force or violence;
(2) the actor compels the other person to submit or
participate by threatening to use force or violence against the
other person, and the other person believes that the actor has the
present ability to execute the threat;
(3) the other person has not consented and the actor
knows the other person is unconscious or physically unable to
resist;
(4) the actor knows that as a result of mental disease
or defect the other person is at the time of the sexual assault
incapable either of appraising the nature of the act or of resisting
it;
(5) the other person has not consented and the actor
knows the other person is unaware that the sexual assault is
occurring;
(6) the actor has intentionally impaired the other
person's power to appraise or control the other person's conduct by
administering any substance without the other person's knowledge;
(7) the actor compels the other person to submit or
participate by threatening to use force or violence against any
person, and the other person believes that the actor has the ability
to execute the threat;
(8) the actor is a public servant who coerces the other
person to submit or participate;
(9) the actor is a mental health services provider or a
health care services provider who causes the other person, who is a
patient or former patient of the actor, to submit or participate by
exploiting the other person's emotional dependency on the actor;
(10) the actor is a clergyman who causes the other
person to submit or participate by exploiting the other person's
emotional dependency on the clergyman in the clergyman's
professional character as spiritual adviser; or
(11) the actor is an employee of a facility where the
other person is a resident, unless the employee and resident are
formally or informally married to each other under Chapter 2...

... I just don't see this as a sexual assault and I don't think it would be written up as one.....just my .02

Not written in stone...

Vashner
04-18-2006, 06:09 AM
Yea It might not hold up. Like I said depends on his rap sheet. If it starts spitting out page after page then bingo. But if he's clean .. which I doubt..

ZStomp
04-18-2006, 06:21 AM
Yea It might not hold up. Like I said depends on his rap sheet. If it starts spitting out page after page then bingo. But if he's clean .. which I doubt..

I don't think it will because no sexual organ was used during the assault...

I think this would fall under regular Assault because of #3.

§ 22.01. ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an offense if the
person:
(1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes
bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse;
(2) intentionally or knowingly threatens another with
imminent bodily injury, including the person's spouse; or
(3) intentionally or knowingly causes physical
contact with another when the person knows or should reasonably
believe that the other will regard the contact as offensive or
provocative.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/PE/content/htm/pe.005.00.000022.00.htm#22.01.00

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/petoc.html

LuvBones
04-18-2006, 09:08 AM
:rolleyes

LuvBones --

This could be it:

Deerstone Ent
(210) 646-9900 4411 Walzem Rd
San Antonio, TXThank you so much Kori! :)

When I filed the police report the officer said it was definitely sexual assault but on the card he gave me with the case # on it just says assault. I'm definitely going to call back and give them this info. and see what happens. Thanks for your help again.

Kori Ellis
04-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Thank you so much Kori! :)

When I filed the police report the officer said it was definitely sexual assault but on the card he gave me with the case # on it just says assault. I'm definitely going to call back and give them this info. and see what happens. Thanks for your help again.

No problem - I hope that's the right phone number. Good luck. Hopefully they help you out and he isn't working there soon. I'd hate for you to have worry about something happening in the future.

Kori Ellis
04-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Texas law is f'd up if grabbing and kissing someone isn't sexual assault. I would hope that it's at least assault PLUS some kind of sexual misconduct or something.

2centsworth
04-18-2006, 02:50 PM
That's sexual harrassment and some type of misdemeanor assault. An attorney probably wouldn't take the case because there's no money in it. I think you're going to have to the hard work yourself by going to different government agencies and non profit organizations. I figure it's kind of your social responsibility to make sure the guy is punishedk, because he potentially could do much worse to someone else.

Vashner
04-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Well bottom line. Even if lesser charge. Get it in the books so that if he does it again there is a conviction of something.

When the employers see the cops they will start singing a diff tune as well.

mookie2001
04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
i thought thread was about young prosecutor and his assisant Creil