PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for the intrusion Spurs fans, but I need your help

admack35
04-17-2006, 12:42 PM
I have loosely followed Rasheed's career from back to the North Carolina days. At no time in his career do I remember him being labled as a dirty player, (cheap shot, bully type).

Please, if you remember any incident other than the Ilgauskas/Cleveland debacle, refresh my memory.

Now I already know about chasing the ref & smoking weed & getting a few speeding tickets, but those are not "dirty player" things, those are "royal oat" things.

Ive always heard by any teammate that he has ever had, that he was the best teamate to have.

The reason I need your opinion is because I am having this discussion with a few Cavs fans who feel like Sheed is the dirtiest player in the league and only Pistons fans think otherwise.

gospursgojas
04-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Sheed isnt really dirty I guess jsut gets ALOT of Techs

fraga
04-17-2006, 12:46 PM
I don't think I ever considered him a dirty player rather then a loose cannon...someone who is liable to shoot his mouth off and lose it during a critical moment in a game...I can't remember him taking any type of cheap shots...or running into the stands...

Solid D
04-17-2006, 12:47 PM
No way he's the dirtiest player. He knows a lot of little tricks, holding people up, stuff he does with his low hand, etc. but nothing more than what several other seasoned vets do.

He just has a mercurial emotional state.

SAGambler
04-17-2006, 12:51 PM
I don't think I ever considered him a dirty player rather then a loose cannon...someone who is liable to shoot his mouth off and lose it during a critical moment in a game...I can't remember him taking any type of cheap shots...or running into the stands...

Yep. That pretty much sums him up.

Not so much that he is dirty, but he is a liability to his team.

He does give hard fouls. And that's fine. The problem I have with him is he doesn't seem to like it much when hard fouls get returned.

SpursWoman
04-17-2006, 12:53 PM
He just has a mercurial emotional state.

:lol

He's not dirty ... not wrapped entirely tight, but I like him anyway. :lol

pache100
04-17-2006, 01:01 PM
:lol

He's not dirty ... not wrapped entirely tight, but I like him anyway. :lol

:tu

I didn't like him for a long time, back when he played for the Trail Gangstas, but I couldn't have told you exactly why. Now, looking back, I know it was the team, not 'Sheed. I have liked him for the most part since he became a Piston...I feel like I have gotten to know a stranger.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-17-2006, 01:06 PM
:tu

I didn't like him for a long time, back when he played for the Trail Gangstas, but I couldn't have told you exactly why. Now, looking back, I know it was the team, not 'Sheed. I have liked him for the most part since he became a Piston...I feel like I have gotten to know a stranger.

Amen so true :angel

cheguevara
04-17-2006, 01:07 PM
he ain't dirty. He's just annoying, like a spoiled child

Jimcs50
04-17-2006, 01:08 PM
He is not dirty, he is just always grumpy because of that ugly bald patch on his head.

polandprzem
04-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Wallacde is one of the best forwards in hostory.

Not dirty :)

pache100
04-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Amen so true :angel

It's weird, I kind of felt that way about Michael Finley, too, when he was a Maverick; I never felt he was "dirty", though. I should have known it was just the Mavs as a team I hated, not Mikey. I admire the effort he has made this season to fit into the Spurs' schema. It kind of went against the grain of the hide he'd developed as a Dallas Maverick, to become a team player and learn defense. You have to admire someone who goes against all the odds and makes a success out of a situation that is difficult for them. I feel the same way about Rasheed. He has grown so much as a player and as a person since he's been in Detroit. I feel I have grown as a fan of the game in that I have seen through their past reputations and know them a lot better now.

Has anyone noticed how well Bruce and Mikey are "clickin'" when they are on the court together these days? Like cogs in a well-oiled machine. Another thing to admire, two superb players putting aside their differences and learning to play alongside each other. Mark of professionals.

Sec24Row7
04-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Sheed always has annoyed the hell out of me and still does.

It's not that he is dirty, it's just that he likes to emit the aura of being a bully.

I'm whole heartedly wrapped up in the spurs mantra of sportsmanship.

I see timmy help other team's players off the floor in the playoffs and that makes me proud.

The pistons are just as good a team, but don't share that same mentality.

They would as soon step on you while you are down as help you up.

Sheed is a central figure in their "swagger" that I can't stand.

He's a great player. He isn't Dirty. He's fun to watch. I can't stand him.

(It also doesn't help that unlike Prince or Billups or Hamilton he and Ben Wallace are about as likely to complete a sentence as Ruben Studdard is to complete a Marathon.)

admack35
04-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanx for the feedback people, i appreciate your assistance in this matter.

mikejones99
04-17-2006, 07:26 PM
He is not Dirty. He just played in Portland where most Detroiters never been. He came about one game from getting a ring with the Blazers but the Lakers made a great and controvercial comeback in Game 7. He is similar to Robert Horry, a great veteran to have on your team as you are now seeing. Plus he was willing to go to Detoit and live there for a few year, and that is a HUGE sacrifice.

phyzik
04-17-2006, 07:34 PM
I think he is Dirty. He looks like he never takes a shower. I hear his locker area smells something fierce.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-17-2006, 07:41 PM
I have loosely followed Rasheed's career from back to the North Carolina days. At no time in his career do I remember him being labled as a dirty player, (cheap shot, bully type).

Please, if you remember any incident other than the Ilgauskas/Cleveland debacle, refresh my memory.

Now I already know about chasing the ref & smoking weed & getting a few speeding tickets, but those are not "dirty player" things, those are "royal oat" things.

Ive always heard by any teammate that he has ever had, that he was the best teamate to have.

The reason I need your opinion is because I am having this discussion with a few Cavs fans who feel like Sheed is the dirtiest player in the league and only Pistons fans think otherwise.
I think he is about as "dirty" as Bowen is, if you get my drift.

Darrin
04-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Sheed always has annoyed the hell out of me and still does.

It's not that he is dirty, it's just that he likes to emit the aura of being a bully.

I'm whole heartedly wrapped up in the spurs mantra of sportsmanship.

I see timmy help other team's players off the floor in the playoffs and that makes me proud.

The pistons are just as good a team, but don't share that same mentality.

They would as soon step on you while you are down as help you up.

Sheed is a central figure in their "swagger" that I can't stand.

He's a great player. He isn't Dirty. He's fun to watch. I can't stand him.

(It also doesn't help that unlike Prince or Billups or Hamilton he and Ben Wallace are about as likely to complete a sentence as Ruben Studdard is to complete a Marathon.)

Wow, I haven't heard someone describe the Pistons like that since the Bad Boys. They have an edge, mostly from Rasheed's trash-talking. They want to beat you in the score, not leave bruises - it's more the swagger of the old Boston Celtics than the Bad Boys.

Then they'll go out to dinner with you after the game. I've seen this team cheer for Ronald Dupree and Darko Milicic from the bench...when they were playing for Minnesota and Orlando respectively. They can't be that bad.

SequSpur
04-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Wgaf

admack35
04-17-2006, 10:48 PM
He is not Dirty. He just played in Portland where most Detroiters never been. He came about one game from getting a ring with the Blazers but the Lakers made a great and controvercial comeback in Game 7. He is similar to Robert Horry, a great veteran to have on your team as you are now seeing. Plus he was willing to go to Detoit and live there for a few year, and that is a HUGE sacrifice.

Detroit actually went to portland to pick up the OBrien trophy in case you forgot back in 89. Also dont believe the hype, there are good neighborhoods and bad ones in the Motor City, are you implying that its different in San Antonio?

cs100
04-18-2006, 06:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3vffCCk48M&eurl=
The music might offend some.

Sec24Row7
04-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Wow, I haven't heard someone describe the Pistons like that since the Bad Boys. They have an edge, mostly from Rasheed's trash-talking. They want to beat you in the score, not leave bruises - it's more the swagger of the old Boston Celtics than the Bad Boys.

Then they'll go out to dinner with you after the game. I've seen this team cheer for Ronald Dupree and Darko Milicic from the bench...when they were playing for Minnesota and Orlando respectively. They can't be that bad.

Those games didn't mean anything.

Bruno
04-22-2006, 01:53 PM

I've post a few times ago a log on Sheed's incidents :

10/19/95 :The NBA fined Chris Webber (Was) $7,500 and suspended him for the first game of the regular season and fined Luc Longley $7,500 and suspended him for the first game of the regular season for fighting in October 17's Was-Chi game. Rasheed Wallace was also fined $5,000 for throwing the ball at Longley during the fight.

1/15/00 :The NBA fined Rasheed Wallace (Por) $7,500 for yelling at the refs and failing to leave the court in a timely manner following his ejection from Friday's Por-Pho game.

10/30/00 :The NBA fined Rasheed Wallace (Por) $10,000 for failing to leave the court in a timely manner and verbally abusing the refs following Friday's Por-Sac game.

2/2/01 :The NBA fined Rasheed Wallace (Por) $10,000 and suspended him for 2 games for hitting a ref with a towel following his ejection from Thursday's Por-Pho game.

4/3/01 : Portland suspended Rasheed Wallace for 1 game for inappropriate game conduct. [Portland was extremely upset with Wallace's latest ejection. Wallace has a league record 40 technicals.]

4/16/01 : Portland suspended Rasheed Wallace for 1 game for throwing a towel at teammate Arvydas Sabonis during a timeout during Sunday's Por-LAL game. Sabonis had accidentally hit Wallace in the face during the game.

12/21/02 :The NBA fined Rasheed Wallace (Por) $15,000 for attempting to go into the stands after Friday's Por-GS game.

1/18/03 : The NBA suspended Rasheed Wallace (Por) for 7 games for confronting and threatening a ref after Wednesday's Por-Mem game.

For the record, I don't think he is dirty : he is just out of control sometimes.

genghisrex
04-22-2006, 02:08 PM
I don't really think he is a dirty player either, but to add to what Bruno posted, didn't Sheed peg Boumtje-Boumtje in the nads with a basketball during practice once? I believe I read that sometime towards the end of his Portland days. I've heard a lot of things about Sheed being a good teammate, but that doesn't seem to always be the case.

zero signal
04-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Sheed's not bad. Hell, he actually tried to help restore order during the brawl.

ForestBrain
04-22-2006, 02:33 PM
I've said this before, and I will say it again. Rasheed isn't dirty, he isn't mean and he isn't a bad person. He is no a liability to the Pistons. He has a quick temper when he is in the middle of playing, and his emotions are high. But when he's mad, in critical situations, he betters the team. He slams down dunks, hits his jumpers, and sinks the threes. His wifey had a talk with him about his temper, and how it is going to be a bad example for his kids, and then the kid displayed the anger, and I think it taught Sheed a lesson. He has been better lately. Just needs to learn to control himself a bit. But he has never done anything I would consider dirty. I love his personality, I love people who aren't afraid to be what they are, and say what they are thinking.

TDMVPDPOY
04-22-2006, 02:51 PM
he just wants his belt back.