04-17-2006, 10:38 PM
the pistons bench might cost them the in the playoffs

Vinnie_Johnson
04-17-2006, 10:40 PM
the pistons bench might cost them the in the playoffs

Wow are all of your 15 posts as smart as this one?? :lol :lol

admack35
04-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Exactly who on the bench in an eight man rotation will come up short for the Pistons?
Dice, Hunter, Delk?

Delfino & Evans wont see enough playing time to add up to a whole quarter after its over. The Pistons bench is now an asset unlike at the beggining when we had to rely on Arroyo.

mikejones99
04-17-2006, 10:45 PM
No Pistons and put them in the NBA news catagory where they belong. San Antonio crushed Utah. Next Houston

T Park
04-17-2006, 10:47 PM
The PIstons don't need a bench.

Hunter and Mcdeyss is enough.

Once ina while the new SF will come in.

Pistons don't need a bench.

Horrible thread.

mikejones99
04-17-2006, 10:50 PM
If they beat Miami they will need more bench. I believe.

admack35
04-17-2006, 10:51 PM
^^^^^^
That is a very nice sig you have there TPARK but who are those 2 lightskinned guys above Parker? #14 & I think 7

mikejones99
04-17-2006, 10:55 PM
1st year in NBA, Oberto a Power Forward and 2nd year Beno Udrih a good small guardand the other white guy most don't know is #40, Sean Marks a seven foot shooting forward from austrailia. And the newest Spurs player, Melvin Sanders a GF that rarely sees the court.

Leetonidas
04-17-2006, 11:00 PM
1st year in NBA, Oberto a Power Forward and 2nd year Beno Udrih a good small guardand the other white guy most don't know is #40, Sean Marks a seven foot shooting forward from austrailia. And the newest Spurs player, Melvin Sanders a GF that rarely sees the court.

He's from New Zealand

mikejones99
04-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Thanks, yes, NZ. He can shoot good when he get s time

JamStone
04-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Pistons with less of a bench last year made it to game 7 of the NBA finals.

Anything more would have been an improvement. They got two contributing swingmen in Evans and Delfino and Tony Delk. That's much more than they had last year. Tayshaun had no back-up small forward to rest him. Billups, Hamilton, Prince, and Lindsey Hunter rotated for the three perimeter positions. Dale Davis is not much of an improvement over Elden Campbell, but he's there if the Pistons need him.

FreshPrince22
04-18-2006, 12:19 AM
You will meet Tony Delk. Trust me... If all goes as planned and these 2 teams meet, I'm calling it right now. Tony puts up at least two 13-15 point games. He's like a mini Vinnie Johnson. Puts up points in bunches.

The bench is so much better with Tony than last year it's ridiculous. Yes was the missing ingredient. The perimeter scorer that could take some pressure off Lindsey, while he's doing his thing defensively. Add Delfino, Evans, Davis, Max, and Cato as additions and it's not even close.

Tanya
04-18-2006, 01:32 AM
First, at least the pistons have a bench this year.
In the playoffs, you will not see the whole bench lineup on the floor anytime in any games. They are used to rest the starters or give a spark to the team. The pistons bench have proved they are able to get their job done. Tony Delk and Hunter will back up Chauncey and Rip to run the offense, Dice and Davis will back up Ben or Rasheed, Delfino and Evans will give Tay some rest.

Second, I wouldn't say the pistons don't need a bench. But indeed, they do not need much help from the bench.
If you have players like Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, Nash etc. on your team, you won't use them less than 38 mins a game. All of the five pistons starters will not play less than 38 mins in any playoff game because they play so well together. And this is the reason why their coach can't give the bench more playing time, that's why Arroyo, Darko are gone, that's why Delfino, Davis complaining no playing time. If this team don't need much help from the bench to win the best regular season record, why should we worry about their bench in playoffs?

Kori Ellis
04-18-2006, 01:40 AM
If this team don't need much help from the bench to win the best regular season record, why should we worry about their bench in playoffs?

Because some think your starters may be tired from playing so many minutes over 82 games and they might need to rely a little more on the bench.

That being said, I think your bench is in good shape. Delk was a great pickup and you already have McDyess and Hunter (plus the others). You should be good to go.

FreshPrince22
04-18-2006, 01:53 AM
Because some think your starters may be tired from playing so many minutes over 82 games and they might need to rely a little more on the bench.

The Pistons have no one in the top 45 in minutes per game. The only one in the top 50 is an MVP candidate. Not to mention they're getting about 2 weeks off before the playoffs. I don't know why this whole "Starter minutes" thing got so blown out of proportion. These guys are as rested and ready as anyone in the league. Probably moreso due to the extra rest as of late.

Kori Ellis
04-18-2006, 01:56 AM
The Pistons have no one in the top 45 in minutes per game. The only one in the top 50 is an MVP candidate. Not to mention they're getting about 2 weeks off before the playoffs. I don't know why this whole "Starter minutes" thing got so blown out of proportion. These guys are as rested and ready as anyone in the league. Probably moreso due to the extra rest as of late.

I agree. I was just saying that some people think that. Flip has done a better job as the season wore on of giving them some rest.

kris
04-18-2006, 02:12 AM
Flip = Rasheed's puppet

jiangrong
04-18-2006, 02:14 AM
[QUOTE]First, at least the pistons have a bench this year.
In the playoffs, you will not see the whole bench lineup on the floor anytime in any games. They are used to rest the starters or give a spark to the team. The pistons bench have proved they are able to get their job done. Tony Delk and Hunter will back up Chauncey and Rip to run the offense, Dice and Davis will back up Ben or Rasheed, Delfino and Evans will give Tay some rest.

Second, I wouldn't say the pistons don't need a bench. But indeed, they do not need much help from the bench.
If you have players like Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, Nash etc. on your team, you won't use them less than 38 mins a game. All of the five pistons starters will not play less than 38 mins in any playoff game because they play so well together. And this is the reason why their coach can't give the bench more playing time, that's why Arroyo, Darko are gone, that's why Delfino, Davis complaining no playing time. If this team don't need much help from the bench to win the best regular season record, why should we worry about their bench in playoffs?

But I still believe that Pistons will be defeated by Wade.

cs100
04-18-2006, 02:29 AM
Benches are important when a player gets into foul trouble and can't stay on the floor. Am I right? Or do the Pistons not commit fouls? :huh

Darrin
04-18-2006, 03:20 AM
Benches are important when a player gets into foul trouble and can't stay on the floor. Am I right? Or do the Pistons not commit fouls? :huh

So who's not capable?

Antonio McDyess
Tony Delk
Lindsey Hunter
Maurice Evans
Dale Davis
Carlos Delfino
Kelvin Cato

Tanya
04-18-2006, 04:53 AM
If the piston starters have tired legs due to the long season, so do Wade, Lebron, Nash, Marion, Dirk, Carter, Bryant, Duncan, Parker... Those guys have played as much as the piston starters for the whole season and will play as much as the piston starters in the playoffs. Pretty fair.

We have enough choice if our starters are in foul troubles. Some of the spurs fans keep acting like the pistons DON'T have a bench. Well we do have it, not deep, but good enough to go to the playoffs. Thanks for concern.

:angel

cs100
04-18-2006, 05:14 AM
So who's not capable?

Antonio McDyess
Tony Delk
Lindsey Hunter
Maurice Evans
Dale Davis
Carlos Delfino
Kelvin Cato
Some posters said that you didn't need a bench or much of a bench, and my comment was in response to that. Don't blow a fuse over it. It was just an observation. Players get fouls and have to come out of the game.

I know McDyess is having a great season. Delk has been a surprise pickup and even Hunter has improved offensively.

admack35
04-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Benches are important when a player gets into foul trouble and can't stay on the floor. Am I right? Or do the Pistons not commit fouls?

The team with the least amount of fouls called on this year just happen to play in Auburn hills. Yeah they foul but hardly ever foul out or even get in foul trouble.

lebomb
04-18-2006, 09:01 AM
The PIstons don't need a bench.

Hunter and Mcdeyss is enough.

Once ina while the new SF will come in.

Pistons don't need a bench.

Horrible thread.

They really dont need a bench, they won it two yrs ago without a bench and dayum near won it last yr without a bench. They seem to remain healthy as a group compared to other teams.

Now if they have a significant injury........they would need some type of bench.

rascy13
04-18-2006, 09:20 AM

That picture is disgusting. Don't worry, it won't happen again.

rascy13
04-18-2006, 09:22 AM
No Pistons and put them in the NBA news catagory where they belong. San Antonio crushed Utah. Next Houston

Yeah!!!

pache100
04-18-2006, 09:23 AM
The team with the least amount of fouls called on this year just happen to play in Auburn hills. Yeah they foul but hardly ever foul out or even get in foul trouble.

My prediction:

Rasheed will be ejected at some point during the playoffs; maybe Ben, too. Their tempers are simmering too close to the surface for it to be this time of year. Too much frustration breeds technical fouls. You don't even have to be in foul trouble to get ejected from a game, and that could be costly.

They really dont need a bench, they won it two yrs ago without a bench and dayum near won it last yr without a bench. They seem to remain healthy as a group compared to other teams.

Now if they have a significant injury........they would need some type of bench.

IMO, the Pistons are LOOOOONG overdue for some catastrophic injury. I hope it doesn't happen, but the odds are against them.

Marklar MM
04-18-2006, 09:34 AM
My prediction:

Rasheed will be ejected at some point during the playoffs; maybe Ben, too. Their tempers are simmering too close to the surface for it to be this time of year. Too much frustration breeds technical fouls. You don't even have to be in foul trouble to get ejected from a game, and that could be costly.

IMO, the Pistons are LOOOOONG overdue for some catastrophic injury. I hope it doesn't happen, but the odds are against them.

Since when have there been odds that an injury will happen. They are spontaneous occurrences at best.

pache100
04-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Since when have there been odds that an injury will happen. They are spontaneous occurrences at best.

Thanks for deliberately missing the point. There aren't any Vegas odds, BTW.

Take a good look around the league. There aren't any other teams who have been as injury-free as the Pistons for a few years. All I'm saying is THEY ARE OVERDUE (and damned lucky to have escaped devastating injuries as long as they have...I hope that continues - you must have missed that part). It's not that hard a concept to grasp.

Marklar MM
04-18-2006, 09:39 AM

Take a good look around the league. There aren't any other teams who have been as injury-free as the Pistons for a few years. All I'm saying is THEY ARE OVERDUE. It's not that hard a concept to grasp.

I know there are no Vegas odds.

DarkReign
04-18-2006, 09:47 AM

Take a good look around the league. There aren't any other teams who have been as injury-free as the Pistons for a few years. All I'm saying is THEY ARE OVERDUE (and damned lucky to have escaped devastating injuries as long as they have...I hope that continues - you must have missed that part). It's not that hard a concept to grasp.

Highly illogical, Jim. Chance is never left to fate.

- Spock

WalterBenitez
04-18-2006, 09:48 AM
That's a perfect example of being polite :lol

rayray2k8
04-18-2006, 10:13 AM
In the playoffs, teams are usually using a 7-8 man rotation.
So whats the point of this thread?
Is this about OUR bench, beating theres?
Do you actually think Rasho and Beno will make a difference?
:lol please

bdubya
04-18-2006, 10:14 AM
You will meet Tony Delk. .... He's like a mini Vinnie Johnson.

The Micro-Microwave!

1Parker1
04-18-2006, 11:00 AM
The only downfall I see in the Pistons that could hurt them in the playoffs this season is their new-found love of jumpshots...specifically the 3 pointer and the fact that sometimes they let the emotions of the game get to them (**cough Rasheed).

Like people have said, they don't need a bench, their starting 5 is good enough. However, they have a legit 6th man candidate in McDyess and a defender in Hunter and an X factor of the bench in Delk. How many more players do they need?

ShoogarBear
04-18-2006, 11:06 AM
The only downfall I see in the Pistons that could hurt them in the playoffs this season is their new-found love of jumpshots..
You could say the same thing about the Spurs this year.

One of the thing that has me worried is that the Spurs no longer get the big edges in FTA they traditionally had. For years we made tisk-tisked the Mavs and Twolves for being jump shooting teams that were doomed to fail in the playoffs.

Hopefully, with Tim and Manu coming back that fate won't befall the Spurs.

admack35
04-18-2006, 03:40 PM
The only downfall I see in the Pistons that could hurt them in the playoffs this season is their new-found love of jumpshots...specifically the 3 pointer and the fact that sometimes they let the emotions of the game get to them (**cough Rasheed).

The Pistons have been losing the points in the paint stat all year long, they take a lot of jumpers because everyone in the starting five, minus Ben, can hit from anywhere.

Marklar MM
04-18-2006, 03:42 PM
The Pistons have been losing the points in the paint stat all year long, they take a lot of jumpers because everyone in the starting five, minus Ben, can hit from anywhere.

That and the fact that they are wide open 95% of the time.

Darrin
04-18-2006, 03:44 PM
That and the fact that they are wide open 95% of the time.

And that has nothing to do with our screen setters, right? Ben Wallace is a freak. See, the playoffs are here. I just used the word "our."

Marklar MM
04-18-2006, 03:45 PM
And that has nothing to do with our screen setters, right?

:) Everything to do with it.

I don't count Sheed in the wide open part. He takes the shot even if he has 2 guys that are 7-5 standing in front of him.

RON ARTEST
04-18-2006, 04:05 PM
can you imagine if they kept okur and mike james. i know its not realistic but damn they would of probably won 70+ games for sure.

Marklar MM
04-18-2006, 04:20 PM
can you imagine if they kept okur and mike james. i know its not realistic but damn they would of probably won 70+ games for sure.

In order to keep Rasheed, Detroit could only offer Okur the MLE. He bolted for 50 million over 5 years in Utah. Detroit signed Dice for 5 years, 25 million or so. And James wanted a multi-year deal. But I think he left because he wanted a chance to compete for a starting job, which he wasn't going to get in Detroit. They got Delk to replace him.

But last year was the year when Detroit could have used a player like James who could come in and score off the bench. Pistons had Dice, but had no guard that could score.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-18-2006, 06:17 PM
They could have kept Sheed and Okur they just woundn't of had money to sign Prince and Ben and Dice.

Darrin
04-18-2006, 06:23 PM
The Micro-Microwave!

I am sooo going to start calling him mini-micro!

Somewhere Danny Ainge is laughing.

1Parker1
04-18-2006, 07:16 PM
You could say the same thing about the Spurs this year.

One of the thing that has me worried is that the Spurs no longer get the big edges in FTA they traditionally had. For years we made tisk-tisked the Mavs and Twolves for being jump shooting teams that were doomed to fail in the playoffs.

Hopefully, with Tim and Manu coming back that fate won't befall the Spurs.

Well, you're right...that's true of the Spurs too. The FTA thing I'm hoping is due in large part to the fact that Manu and Tim have been injured and that in the playoffs, we'll get to the line more. Then again, it's the Spurs...do we really want more games decided from the FT line? :lol

admack35
04-18-2006, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubya

The Micro-Microwave!

I am sooo going to start calling him mini-micro!

I like "Toaster Oven" better.

Darrin
04-19-2006, 01:29 AM

http://www.nba.com/media/act_tony_delk.jpg

How about "Pressure Cooker?" He hits big shots, he eats chicken before every game?

I think we need to move out of the kitchen.

FreshPrince22
04-19-2006, 03:23 AM

That's my other sig, but I didn't think anyone would get the reference here :fro

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/SCLlama/Delk.jpg

admack35
04-19-2006, 07:22 AM
I'm sure people here know about the Microwave, that toaster Oven name really cracks me up.

FreshPrince22
04-19-2006, 08:10 AM
I'm sure people here know about the Microwave.

Most would get that, but I'm talking about if I just called him the Toaster Oven. :spin