PDA

View Full Version : Rest Up or Go for #63

dknights411
04-17-2006, 10:56 PM
I guess it's kind of a silly question, but I was wondering what you guys think the Spurs should do vs. Houston. Rest up or go for the franchise record with #63.

I say rest up, but I'm just curious what you guys think.

exstatic
04-17-2006, 11:01 PM
The last time a Spurs team set the franchise win mark, they got punked in the WCF. It doesn't matter. If we win with the bench, great. If not, no injuries is a WIN.

3rdCoast
04-17-2006, 11:02 PM
The last time a Spurs team set the franchise win mark, they got punked in the WCF. It doesn't matter. If we win with the bench, great. If not, no injuries is a WIN.
Exactly. No need to be greedy. If they win, they win, but let us not risk injury to our key guys.

phyzik
04-17-2006, 11:04 PM
rest

mikejones99
04-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Go for 63. Spurs should be able to beat Houston no matter who plays now that Yao and McGrady are out.

Extra Stout
04-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Let NVE, Melvin, Barry, Fabricio, and Rasho deliver a win.

Budkin
04-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Rest the starters... don't risk injury.

milkyway21
04-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Yao Ming is out. play the big 3 in the 1st half.

then, let the bench :flag: -->for the 63.

ploto
04-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Do not even suit up Tim or Tony. Make them rest and suit up Melvin and Sean.

Spurminator
04-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Given the Rockets' injury situation I would hope you could do both.

PM5K
04-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Rest up, fucking duh...

It's not like we are going for 73.....

Vashner
04-17-2006, 11:37 PM
63? I would rather have another Ring.. how about just let the scrubs play.

Tek_XX
04-18-2006, 12:08 AM
This is a freakin no brainer. Let's rest up AND go for 63. We're playing a depleted Houston here. The reserves can get it done.

T Park
04-18-2006, 12:09 AM
activate Marks and Sanders.

Deactive Ginobili and Duncan.

Start Mohammed and Rasho.

let Parker play about 5 minutes.

But they should still win.

Don't play Finley too many minutes.

Run the O through Udrih, Barry, and others.

Tell Bowen to stay home.

milkyway21
04-18-2006, 12:31 AM
activate Marks and Sanders.

Deactive Ginobili and Duncan.

Start Mohammed and Rasho.

let Parker play about 5 minutes.

But they should still win.

Don't play Finley too many minutes.

Run the O through Udrih, Barry, and others.

Tell Bowen to stay home.why won't you just let Bruce watch the game, TPark?

or let him play 5-10 minutes.
Bruce's aiming for a 4 yr 82-game/season record too!

Bruce Bowen is the only Spurs player to have suited up for all 81 games this season. Should he make it to the end of the regular season without missing a game, it will be the 4th consecutive season in which he was the lone Spur to play in all 82 games. He has played in 327(?not sure)consecutive games, an all-time Spurs record.
:flag: Go Bruce!

Kori Ellis
04-18-2006, 12:37 AM
As far as I know by what Pop said tonight, the regular starters will start and their minutes will just be limited. He said that Tim/Tony need to get rested up, but Manu said he needs to play and keep trying to get into rhythm. Manu said he's 80%.

milkyway21
04-18-2006, 12:39 AM
As far as I know by what Pop said tonight, the regular starters will start and their minutes will just be limited. He said that Tim/Tony need to get rested up, but Manu said he needs to play and keep trying to get into rhythm. Manu said he's 80%.that's what I wanted to hear. limit the minutes but they still have to play.

angel_luv
I think it would be awesome to let the bench have a go at winning us game 63- continue to get them prepped and pepped for the play offs.

T Park
why won't you just let Bruce watch the game, TPark?

Cause these playoffs will be his toughest yet.

KObe Bryant or Ron Artest in the first round.

Possible Nowitzki or whoever with memphis in the second

Marion or Cassel or Anthony in the 3rd

and the freakin Pistons in the Finals.

Bowen needs all the rest he can get.

milkyway21
04-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Cause these playoffs will be his toughest yet.

KObe Bryant or Ron Artest in the first round.

Possible Nowitzki or whoever with memphis in the second

Marion or Cassel or Anthony in the 3rd

and the freakin Pistons in the Finals.

Bowen needs all the rest he can get.hey all I'm asking is 5 min.

then, the all-time Spurs record. :wow

so, what do you think? :D

angel_luv
04-18-2006, 12:43 AM
I want the win- mostly since I will be there to see it.

But the play offs matter the most- so I want whoever needs to rest or play to do so.

milkyway21
04-18-2006, 12:48 AM
I want the win- mostly since I will be there to see it.

But the play offs matter the most- so I want whoever needs to rest or play to do so.so, you'll be in Houston?

i think Houston fans are a lot friendlier than our other opposing fans. I watched a Houston game vs Clev once and when Lebron made 50 pts they actually applauded him even if their team was losing the game.

T Park
04-18-2006, 12:48 AM
hey all I'm asking is 5 min.

then, the all-time Spurs record.

so, what do you think

Alot can happen in 5 minutes.

But, Pop said they are playing, so that egomaniac trumps my thoughts :lmao

angel_luv
04-18-2006, 01:14 AM
so, you'll be in Houston?

i think Houston fans are a lot friendlier than our other opposing fans. I watched a Houston game vs Clev once and when Lebron made 50 pts they actually applauded him even if their team was losing the game.

When I lived there I thought there were a lot of mean people in Houston.

I went once alone to a Spurs at Rockets game- decked out in Spurs gear of course.

The Houston fans gave me a very hard time but it was good natured and of course I fought back.
And now I am bringing re-enforcements. :)

BTW- The game I went to was the one in December of last season when Tracy went crazy and scored all those points in the final thirty seconds.
You can imagine the treatment I received after that game. :oops

:lol

J.T.
04-18-2006, 01:34 AM
I'm sure our bench can handle the Rockets and seal a W. Play TD and TP like 16 minutes each, Manu about 25, and we'll be golden.

Kori Ellis
04-18-2006, 01:37 AM
“We’ve got a few days until the weekend and nobody is going to want to sit or stay home. Minutes will be limited, probably just enough to get a sweat. Tim will be able to get off the pounding (he’s taken) and Tony will be able to get back in rhythm. Minutes will be limited to some degree.” - Pop

jiangrong
04-18-2006, 01:58 AM
I am a Chinese. My english isn't good,but I love San Antonio Spurs. Tim is my favorite player,becuase of his selflessness and responsibility. I think that 63 is nice, but the most important is that our guy don't injury. Rockets is out of playoff, their guy perhaps don't try their best to play. I believe that our bench is enough to win

T Park
04-18-2006, 02:03 AM
For a chinese man, you did alot better typing in english than I would have in Chinese.

Welcome, and hope you enjoy!!!

Hopefully your english reading is good, because were gonna have FANTASTIC things to read in the coming weeks.

milkyway21
04-18-2006, 02:04 AM
I am a Chinese. My english isn't good,but I love San Antonio Spurs. Tim is my favorite player,becuase of his selflessness and responsibility. I think that 63 is nice, but the most important is that our guy don't injury. Rockets is out of playoff, their guy perhaps don't try their best to play. I believe that our bench is enough to winHongkong? Mainland or Taiwan?

BTW, how come you're a Spurs fan? so, you're not a Houston/Yao fan?

timvp
04-18-2006, 02:05 AM
I am a Chinese. My english isn't good,but I love San Antonio Spurs. Tim is my favorite player,becuase of his selflessness and responsibility. I think that 63 is nice, but the most important is that our guy don't injury. Rockets is out of playoff, their guy perhaps don't try their best to play. I believe that our bench is enough to win

Couldn't have said it better.

:tu

kris
04-18-2006, 02:08 AM
I say go for the record. How often do you get a chance at the elusive 63? Play Duncan and Parker 48 because the W is what it's all about. Playoffs come and playoffs go, but records are here to stay. Say all you want about resting up and worrying about injury but real warriors play games.

jiangrong
04-18-2006, 02:34 AM
Hongkong? Mainland or Taiwan?

BTW, how come you're a Spurs fan? so, you're not a Houston/Yao fan?

Mainland. I live in Shanghai. I am a fan of Tim duncan , not Yao. Because in mainland ,the newspaper always magnify the contributions of Yao, but I don't dislike Yao himself. I think Yao is humor .

Dre_7
04-18-2006, 02:39 AM
:lol A Chinese guy has better english than ducks!!!

I hope Tim, Manu, and Tony play about 2 minutes a piece. :D

jiangrong
04-18-2006, 02:39 AM
For a chinese man, you did alot better typing in english than I would have in Chinese.

Welcome, and hope you enjoy!!!

Hopefully your english reading is good, because were gonna have FANTASTIC things to read in the coming weeks.

Thanks a lot. I hope Tim become more solid and aggressive in playoffs,like 2003 and 2004. Look forward to the playoffs.

cs100
04-18-2006, 02:45 AM
I think Pop will go with his starting 5 and just limit their minutes to 5-10 minutes, except for Manu. Manu wants to play to get back into rhythm. I would like to see the bench pull out the win for the team, just not at the expense of any injuries. Gotta watch that JHoward. :lol

Kamnik
04-18-2006, 04:43 AM
im slovenian and it is obvious why i became spurs fan
(but now i know that i will stay a spurs fan even when beno and rasho are gone some day)

BUT i am really shocked how many international fans Spurs have

a chinese guy who likes TD more than Yao beats everything :spin

GO SPURS GO!

cs100
04-18-2006, 04:48 AM
The Spurs are a class organization. Basketball purists love the game as it was intended to be played and that is exactly how the Spurs play. Plus, there are no egos involved with the Spurs. We are an equal opportunity team and fan base. :)

jiangrong
04-18-2006, 10:36 PM
im slovenian and it is obvious why i became spurs fan
(but now i know that i will stay a spurs fan even when beno and rasho are gone some day)

BUT i am really shocked how many international fans Spurs have

a chinese guy who likes TD more than Yao beats everything :spin

GO SPURS GO!

In china, there are many fans of Yao . At the same time ,very very people dislike Yao. In china, the number of the fans of Tim is only less than Yao,Kobe. The chinese fans of Tim very very hope that Tim can attend the Olympic of Beijing

T Park
04-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Sorry, Duncan played in his last olympics two years ago.

ShoogarBear
04-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Maybe if every Chinese person who wants Tim to come to Beijing sent him a letter . . .

carina_gino20
04-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Maybe if every Chinese person who wants Tim to come to Beijing sent him a letter . . .

now THAT would be something..:lol but I don't think Tim will come out of Olympic retirement season.

wow, it's really cool that Chinese people do support players other than Yao. and yes, I think the international fan base of the Spurs is very very good.

milkyway21
04-18-2006, 11:12 PM
China, Phils:D, Canada, Slovenia, Argentina, New Zealand, Poland, Singapore, Korea, France...

do we have Spurs fans from Italy, or Greece?

Melmart1
04-18-2006, 11:30 PM
If the Chinese love Timmy so much, how come he doesn't get as many votes as Yao for the All-Star game? :lol

polandprzem
04-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Pop will do the right way - as always.

All season is a preperation for the playoffs for him and the last games of the season are about being fresh and healthy, that's no secret.
And in a situacion like this when defensive Houston won't give this game just like that, well JVG is that kind of coach....So let Tim and Ton rest and give manu some minutes so he can feel the court and the ball - like Pop said

That's good - that makes me feel fine. And now it all depends on laker if they want to play Spurs or Suns cause NO gave up some time ago.

Jimcs50
04-19-2006, 09:09 AM
Go for 63!!!!

I mean, we all have been faithfully watching the Spurs all season and the Spurs need to give it their all to get this record.

The Spurs will probably get 3 days off anyway, and they have not played much the last 2 games because of the bench scoring so many points, so I say go for it.

Houston got their win the other night, so I think we can beat them with our bench getting the lion's share of the mins anyway.

polandprzem
04-19-2006, 09:12 AM
Go for 63!!!!

I mean, we all have been faithfully watching the Spurs all season and the Spurs need to give it their all to get this record.

The Spurs will probably get 3 days off anyway, and they have not played much the last 2 games because of the bench scoring so many points, so I say go for it.

Houston got their win the other night, so I think we can beat them with our bench getting the lion's share of the mins anyway.

Put that on the game blog :rolleyes

SAGambler
04-19-2006, 09:49 AM
I would guess the starting five will start. But they will not see many minutes.

Bruce's record will not be in jeopardy.

The starters get to rest most of the game.

Manu probably needs to play some, to continue getting in his rythmn.

But for the most part, I look to the bench to play a bunch of minutes AND come away with the 63 win season.

ctpsb
04-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Rest, Rest, Rest, Rest

ObiwanGinobili
04-19-2006, 11:24 AM
go for it.

i have vBookie $$ o nthis.

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2006, 12:08 PM
chinese fans should have a petition "we want duncan"

i wanna see u chinese fans back that up next seasons ASG and vote him over yao, i wanna tims votes 3mill+

nkdlunch
04-19-2006, 01:24 PM
there's no need for this question. We're playing the rockets

wildbill2u
04-19-2006, 02:03 PM
I guess it's kind of a silly question, but I was wondering what you guys think the Spurs should do vs. Houston. Rest up or go for the franchise record with #63.

I say rest up, but I'm just curious what you guys think.

Sometimes a layoff can make yu lost your edge. I think Pop should substitute like he did against Utah.

Give everyone who will be on the playoff roster some time, with special emphais minutes to the non-starters. That way the bench can sharpen up while the starters will get some rest.