PDA

View Full Version : Kobe doesnt deserve mvp

Chris Childs
04-18-2006, 03:04 AM
two things: you either have to have the 1st or 2nd nba best record or you have to have what it takes to to participate in the finals and the lakers arent in either of those categories. too many kobe nuthuggers still drooling over his historic ballhogging performance against the raptors. he should have never been in the mvp race what a disgrace.

Medvedenko
04-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Who the hell is Chris Child's....oh yeah, nobody...
Well, a guy who punches people in the neck...

mike detroit
04-18-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm constantly amazed by Kobe's ability to be so amazing good, and yet completely uninteresting to watch play. I mean, Lebron is on an equally terrible team, but watching him is still fun because of what he can do. I can't say the same for kobe. Lakers games are worse than watching paint dry.

J.T.
04-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Kobe is only good for 40+ppg.

mike detroit
04-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Kobe is only good for 40+ppg.

it's just too bad the rest of the lakers are also only good for about 40 ppg.

SpurForLife
04-18-2006, 11:21 AM
And yet here they are in the playoffs. Of course Jackson may have something to do with that.

Trainwreck2100
04-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Kobe doesn't make the playoffs, we don't talk MVP, Kobe made the playoffs by two games. Do you really think anyone deserves an MVP for two games.

DDS4
04-18-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm constantly amazed by Kobe's ability to be so amazing good, and yet completely uninteresting to watch play. I mean, Lebron is on an equally terrible team, but watching him is still fun because of what he can do. I can't say the same for kobe. Lakers games are worse than watching paint dry.

For the masses who like one-on-one basketball, Kobe is fun to watch.

Funny how the league markets/caters to that crowd.

v2000
04-18-2006, 12:02 PM
two things: you either have to have the 1st or 2nd nba best record or you have to have what it takes to to participate in the finals and the lakers arent in either of those categories. too many kobe nuthuggers still drooling over his historic ballhogging performance against the raptors. he should have never been in the mvp race what a disgrace.
agreed.

TDMVPDPOY
04-18-2006, 12:11 PM
mvps should not goto one man stat paddin teams

Medvedenko
04-18-2006, 01:52 PM
MVP should go to players that help their team win....if that's getting a bunch of points then so be it. It's all subjective...you put Kobe on a team with players that are borderline all-stars and they win 60 games, does that make him a better player or worse....

JamStone
04-18-2006, 01:57 PM
If Kobe does not win the League MVP, and by some miracle Kobe is able to lead the Lakers to the NBA Finals, would they have to go back and take the MVP award away from whoever won it and give it to Kobe?

Spurologist
04-18-2006, 03:28 PM

Get off the hate juice. It's making you oblivious to kobe's season and rendering your brain incapable of functioning properly. This is an early sign of mental illness. www.find-a-therapist.com

MVP = Most VALUABLE Player. Kobe's value to his team is greater than any other mvp candidate.

Darrin
04-18-2006, 03:55 PM
mvps should not goto one man stat paddin teams

You think this is something new? Listen to people talk about Wilt Chamberlain sometime. It sounds an awful lot like another philadelphia immortal still lacing them up for the Sixers.

The guys with stats get the MVP. It's as certain as the Mavs choking in the postseason. :)

Dario
04-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Lakers without kobe = worse than knicks
If he got to the playoffs with this team, he could do it with average high school team (believe me, i watched lots of lakers games because of vujacic, not that he is worth it) and they suck big time.
If that isn't value to the team, nothing is.
Ofcourse he is hated, everyone that good has to be hated.

RON ARTEST
04-18-2006, 04:12 PM
no i think you must have him confused with tim duncan. watching the spurs is like watching paint dry.

RON ARTEST
04-18-2006, 04:14 PM
You think this is something new? Listen to people talk about Wilt Chamberlain sometime. It sounds an awful lot like another philadelphia immortal still lacing them up for the Sixers.

The guys with stats get the MVP. It's as certain as the Mavs choking in the postseason. :)
not as certain as rasheed getting a technical. or ron artest hurting manu in the playoffs. i cant wait. just kidding. :lol

SpurForLife
04-18-2006, 06:38 PM
not as certain as rasheed getting a technical. or ron artest hurting manu in the playoffs. i cant wait. just kidding. :lol

If you were the real Ron Artest I doubt you would be kidding. Wonder if anyone in the AT@T will toss a cup at him. :angel :spin

RON ARTEST
04-18-2006, 07:06 PM
If you were the real Ron Artest I doubt you would be kidding. Wonder if anyone in the AT@T will toss a cup at him. :angel :spin
if they did i hope they are ready for a visit to the hospital. :lol

1Parker1
04-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Ofcourse he is hated, everyone that good has to be hated.

:lol You know, I never looked at it that way. You make a good point. I'm sure a lot of the Kobe hate stems from his off court drama and stuff. But the fact that the guy backs up his game and swagger has got to give people more reason to hate him.

Spurologist
04-18-2006, 08:02 PM
:lol You know, I never looked at it that way. You make a good point. I'm sure a lot of the Kobe hate stems from his off court drama and stuff. But the fact that the guy backs up his game and swagger has got to give people more reason to hate him.

the thread starter's sig might be a hint.

1Parker1
04-18-2006, 08:15 PM
the thread starter's sig might be a hint.

:lol True. Man...when did that happen...2000? All I remember was that Childs punched Kobe and Kobe punched him back and both got ejected. Lakers went on to beat the Knicks by like 20 I believe. :lol

What started that fight?

RON ARTEST
04-18-2006, 08:29 PM
:lol True. Man...when did that happen...2000? All I remember was that Childs punched Kobe and Kobe punched him back and both got ejected. Lakers went on to beat the Knicks by like 20 I believe. :lol

What started that fight? im not sure but i think kobe raped his wife. :lol

1Parker1
04-18-2006, 08:33 PM
im not sure but i think kobe raped his wife. :lol

That's not funny.

Darrin
04-18-2006, 08:42 PM

What started that fight?

Childs, I believe.

refhater
04-18-2006, 08:50 PM
val·u·a·ble
adj.
1.Having considerable monetary or material value for use or exchange: a valuable diamond.
2.Of great importance, use, or service: valuable information; valuable advice.
3.Having admirable or esteemed qualities or characteristics: a valuable friend.

I'll give Kobe the first definition. Maybe even the second. But I don't believe he'll ever have admirable qualities. Is scoring what makes a player valueable to his team? I think the MVP this year is probably Nash again.

RON ARTEST
04-18-2006, 09:20 PM
That's not funny.
im crazy.

look at my name. :lol

Sense
04-18-2006, 11:13 PM
He doesn't deserve it because Phil Jackson is there......

That's it!

Dario
04-18-2006, 11:23 PM
It shouldnt matter if you score or pass or rebound in mvp race and it certanly shouldn't matter if your team is top 3.
You simply imagine suns without nash, which is imo good for 35-40 wins, and lakers withouth kobe, which is good for 20 wins. Lakers simply suck that much, odom dissapears in more than half of the games with less than 10 points, smush plays no D, kwame who should be a star is a scrub, who just started to play like he should, others just suck. Knicks would blowout lakers without kobe.

1Parker1
04-18-2006, 11:47 PM
It shouldnt matter if you score or pass or rebound in mvp race and it certanly shouldn't matter if your team is top 3.
You simply imagine suns without nash, which is imo good for 35-40 wins, and lakers withouth kobe, which is good for 20 wins. Lakers simply suck that much, odom dissapears in more than half of the games with less than 10 points, smush plays no D, kwame who should be a star is a scrub, who just started to play like he should, others just suck. Knicks would blowout lakers without kobe.

:lol I'm still not over the fact that a team with Smush Parker as their starting point guard has managed to grab the 7th Spot in the Western Conference. That's crazy.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Well if this were last year when the West was a little bit deeper with non-injury plagued Houston, stronger Kings, and Seattle's better coaching; Lakers would miss the playoffs again. kobe got what he wanted, a talentless team where he's the star and no one to take away his limelight. Put Lebron or Nash or Dirk any superstar player on the Lakers with Phil Jackson. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to make the playoffs.

Kobetheman
04-24-2006, 09:41 PM
i saw kobe leaving a colorado hotel with your mama.

Kobetheman
04-24-2006, 09:42 PM
kobe is the best player in the nba

JamStone
04-24-2006, 10:13 PM
I agree that Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA. But, that alone does not mean he will win the MVP. I think he has a chance. I think LeBron or Dirk might have a better chance because of their team succeess.

Fabbs
04-24-2006, 11:07 PM
Well if this were last year when the West was a little bit deeper with non-injury plagued Houston, stronger Kings, and Seattle's better coaching; Lakers would miss the playoffs again. kobe got what he wanted, a talentless team where he's the star and no one to take away his limelight. Put Lebron or Nash or Dirk any superstar player on the Lakers with Phil Jackson. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to make the playoffs.

And then some. The tired argument of how bad the rest of Poor Kobes team is and how it is the only player on the planet to bring them up is nonsense.
Put Tim Dunkar or Shaq or Dirk or as you mentioned Lebron or Nash and the I'll bet they do better then the KobeLakers. Add DWade and Elton Brand to that list.