PDA

View Full Version : No disrespect but prefer old site

Rummpd
10-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Kori et. al.

I am sure there were very good reasons for the change but, this site to me has an ESPN or Fox Sports or "@#forbid Lakers site feel to it - seems at first glance much too glitzy for a Spurs site. The old site was a refreshing place that was like an old comfortable shoe, one's favorite old mutt, or kind of like the quant bar on Cheers.

I, like many, will probably get used to the change and perhaps given time will even like it more. Anyway keep up the good work on your analyses etc.

Go Spurs.

MadDoc

Mark in Austin
10-04-2004, 09:39 PM
...No disrespect but...

Bill Parcels, is that you?

IcemanCometh
10-04-2004, 09:40 PM
go fuck yourself

timvp
10-04-2004, 09:45 PM
I, like many, will probably get used to the change and perhaps given time will even like it more.

Congrats. You read the future.

:hat

maxpower
10-04-2004, 09:46 PM
you are out of your mind....vBulletin is great. The options here are more than enough to warrant it's use. Particularly I like being able to go to the first unread post. But then again maybe the old site was easier on your 386.

Solid D
10-04-2004, 09:56 PM
I understand your POV and appreciate it Rummpd. I too, like to go back to the old, tried and true bowl of Corn Flakes, sometimes with sliced bananas, but variety is the spice of life. BTW, have you seen the new color TVs, they're great! :)

ZStomp
10-05-2004, 12:33 AM
I love this already. I am use to vBulletin already so its all good!

SpursWoman
10-05-2004, 12:36 AM
I understand your POV and appreciate it Rummpd. I too, like to go back to the old, tried and true bowl of Corn Flakes, sometimes with sliced bananas, but variety is the spice of life. BTW, have you seen the new color TVs, they're great! :)

:lol :lol

Raisin Bran & bananas. :cooldevil

xcoriate
10-05-2004, 12:58 AM
I can't believe you just said that...

This forum is much better, vbookie will be awesome once the season starts (i don't know football or baseball). The site looks beautiful, that battle blogs thing might be cool. All in all a huge improvement over the old board.

totalspurshomer
10-05-2004, 04:25 AM
But then again maybe the old site was easier on your 386.
:rollin

CosmicCowboy
10-05-2004, 07:23 AM
I have been with this core group through 5 forum host changes and every time until now my first initial impression was "I liked the old one better"...with the exception of one (which was really a moderator problem and not a forum problem) I quickly learned to like the new one better...but this time I IMMEDIATELY liked the new one better...

thanks Kori and LJ...

bigzak25
10-05-2004, 09:43 AM
people make the site. i like it. just make the club blue and all will be like it was before.... :p

Kori Ellis
10-05-2004, 09:49 AM
Give the guy a break. It's okay that he likes the old one better.

But don't worry, in a few weeks this one will be old hat.

smeagol
10-05-2004, 10:59 AM
The only thing I miss is the spell check (or is there one and I´m so dumb I have not been able to find it).

I appologize in advance for my typos.

tlongII
10-05-2004, 11:40 AM
The gray & black color theme to this site is PUTRID! Red & black would be much nicer.

Sequ's Alias
10-05-2004, 01:07 PM
I like this site better.

Rummpd
10-05-2004, 02:20 PM
:makemyday

Funny responses. I like probably few of you village geniuses helped set up and run informational databases, web sites, and chat rooms (in my arena of terrorism preparedness).

Fortunetely, this site also lets me post as a broad shouldered forward type = this *&^% all runs down hill.

Nuff said,

MadDoc (Peter D. Rumm, MD)

Rummpd
10-05-2004, 02:26 PM
:makemyday

Dear &**# et. al. (except for Kori, kind response from the leading lady)

Funny responses. I, unlike probably few of you village "geniuses", have helped set up and run informational databases, web sites, and chat rooms (in my arena of terrorism preparedness/public health). Change does not always equal greater effectiveness at getting the message out - this one probably will, if you read the full text of the first message (probably was past your reading ability for some posters).

Fortunetely, this site also lets me post as a broad shouldered forward type = this *&^% all runs down hill.

Nuff said,

MadDoc

maxpower
10-05-2004, 02:32 PM
...I, unlike probably few of you village "geniuses", have helped set up and run informational databases, web sites, and chat rooms...

It's blatantly obvious you know your way around pc's.

Morphgizmo
10-05-2004, 02:36 PM
I think it's grrrrrreat!

http://www.sweatbox.dk/Animation/Commercials/Stills/Tony.jpg

Shelly
10-05-2004, 02:48 PM
So, why did you feel the need to post that you liked the old site better?

exstatic
10-05-2004, 02:51 PM
It has a different look and feel, but some nice new features. Bottom line: where ever these people are is the place to be.

ducks
10-05-2004, 02:53 PM
I like the new features
not crazy about the black though but the software for the forum is awesome

it will grow on me the black

Rummpd
10-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Guess I went overboard there and sent it 2x - that kind of day.

ShoogarBear
10-05-2004, 03:23 PM
it will grow on me the black

A good antifungal cream should take care of that.

Kori Ellis
10-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Rummpd,

Just an explanation for the change. Though ezboard may have seemed more simple and had a more homey feel. We had to upgrade; I couldn't take it at ezboard anymore.

You were probably not on the forum often enough to notice, but ezboard had major problems during the last six months. There was significant downtime, sometimes days at a time. Every time when there was supposed to be 10 minutes of downtime for server service, it would go on for days.

Also, there was bugs in the system that just weren't getting fixed. For example, a problem with the custom titles that was supposed to be fixed in two days took over three months to get fixed. And their customer service response about problems was horrendous.

I couldn't imagine continuing to pay money for a service that I had no control over and had so many problems with.

vBulletin is the best message board software that exists. It's extremely customizable and you control where your board is hosted. (ezboard was hosted on ezboard) It will end up being more expensive than ezboard, but I don't care. The most important thing to me is keeping the board up. And though I know we won't have 100% uptime, whatever we will have will be better than what ezboard was giving us.

JsnSA
10-05-2004, 03:49 PM
I much prefer this new board.

It has a slicker look and a lot more features.

Sportcamper
10-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Well if this is the thread to voice our complaints....Here goes....

I think that some of you take Lakers fans for granted. Yes, I know that's a disturbing accusation, but it's true. I mean, we could be sipping Martinis at the beach rather than sharing with you our invaluable round-ball insight that only comes from being there for all that bling-bling throughout our rich & storied history. I realize that most of you love rubbing elbows with us celebrities, but there are a few that still don't get it. We should pray for them...

I was born and raised here in California and, although I've never, ever given a dime to Kori or LJ to support their hard work, diligence and tremendous efforts to put this fabulous media in place, I believe in every fiber of my being that they owe me, but then again, so does every other So Cal because that's not just the way we are, but the way we choose to be...

I don’t like all this silver & black that adorns this place, either. It's like an old ’I Love Lucy' episode, whereas a little Purple & Gold would give this place that Technicolor effect....you know, bring this place into the 21 Century...

I thought Texans were known for their oil, not their whine - which is what too many of you do way too much...Wah....04 is no fair...Wah...The Fakers are Sterns Darlings....Wah...Our Schedule is too hard...Wah....The Large Market Teams Get All the Calls!!!!

Hey Guys & Gals...It’s all true.... Suck it up & Deal with it OK? There's going to come a time when there might not be a Lakers fan nearby to put you in your place and boy, will you look stupid.

There are too many threads about Tony Parker. Who's Tony Parker?

There are too many threads about all this nonsense in Eagle, Colorado! Let’s not forget what really matters in life... 3 rings and counting!!! And her husband, Kobe, has a few too!

Lakers have no rivalry with the Miami Heat...Most of us don’t know the difference between Orlando or Miami...Lakers fans could not name three players on either team....Stop posting quotes from big fat guys on these teams....We could care less what they say or what they think!!!

ShoogarBear
10-05-2004, 04:59 PM
There are too many threads about all this nonsense in Eagle, Colorado! Let?s not forget what really matters in life... 3 rings and counting!!! And her husband, Kobe, has a few too!

Outstanding.

CosmicCowboy
10-05-2004, 05:17 PM
classic JimBob post!... :lmao