PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise to Eat Placenta

Murphy
04-18-2006, 06:56 AM
I'm serious, this guy now officially is a freak!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16958010%26method=full%26siteid=94762% 26headline=exclusive--tom-chews-name_page.html

18 April 2006
EXCLUSIVE: TOM CHEWS
Mission Impossible star Cruise vows to eat placenta after birth
By Patrick Mulchrone

TOM Cruise yesterday revealed his latest bizarre mission..to eat his new baby's placenta.

Cruise vowed he would tuck in straight after girlfriend Katie Holmes gives birth, saying he thought it would be "very nutritious".

The Mission Impossible star, 43, said: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there." It is the latest in a series of increasingly strange outbursts from Cruise in the run-up to the birth.

He has claimed the baby, due any day, will be delivered in total silence.

The Top Gun star also insisted he "sensed" fiancŽe Katie was pregnant before she told him.

And he has blurted out details of the couple's sex life, saying: "It's spectacular."

Advertisement
Falk AdSolution

The actor, who recently also claimed he has the power to cure drug addicts, has even been carrying out his own medical scans on the foetus after buying himself an ultrasound machine.

Silent birth is one of the rules of the cult of Scientology, which Cruise is devoted to.

The cult - founded by the late sci-fi writer L Ron Hubbard - claims that 75 million years ago aliens came to earth and their spirits now infest our bodies.

Cruise told GQ magazine Hubbard had discovered making a noise had a "negative spiritual effect" on someone giving birth. He insisted that 27-year-old Katie would be allowed to scream, adding cryptically: "It is really about respecting the woman. It's not about her screaming.

"And scientifically it is proven. Now there are medical research papers that say when a woman's giving birth everyone should be quiet."

Cruise also revealed he and Katie have been preparing for the birth by holding classes at their Beverly Hills home.

He said: "We've been studying what a woman goes through. What happens to her body. It's just kind of becoming this fun game of learning."

Cruise said his sex life with Batman Begins star Katie had made him realise one-night stands were "horrible".

He added: "Great sex is a by-product for me of a great relationship, where you have communication. It's an extension of that. If you're not in good communication with your partner, it sucks."

Cruise, who has two adopted children with ex-wife Nicole Kidman, will not be the first star to make a meal out of his baby's placenta.

Rod Stewart and girlfriend Penny Lancaster took home their baby's placenta, sprinkled it with tee tree oil and buried it in the garden.

In 1998, Channel 4 chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall fried a placenta with shallots and garlic and served it up to 20 guests, including the baby's mum and dad.

TV watchdogs later criticised the show, branding it "disagreeable".

But placenta-eating is considered normal in some cultures. Various recipes include one for placenta lasagne. Some say eating it helps avoid post-natal depression.

[email protected]

pache100
04-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Cruise told GQ magazine Hubbard had discovered making a noise had a "negative spiritual effect" on someone giving birth. He insisted that 27-year-old Katie would be allowed to scream, adding cryptically: "It is really about respecting the woman. It's not about her screaming.

He's talking out of both sides of his mouth, then. He reported on one of the morning talk shows yesterday that he has had a special mouthpiece made for Katie's mouth so she won't make noise during the birth. So, which is it? Either he's got a split personality or he's lying to somebody.

What a freak he's turned out to be. And he had so much potential.

ObiwanGinobili
04-18-2006, 08:12 AM
to me it's funny that that peice is from the daily mirror.

Wjhen I was growing up my neighbors were from england, after the birth of thier 5th child they had a large party where the featured item was Placenta Pie....... they made it seem like everyone from thier area does it.

midgetonadonkey
04-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Placenta isn't that bad. It makes a nice dipping sauce for wings.

CosmicCowboy
04-18-2006, 08:17 AM
It's actually pretty normal in nature. Mother cows eat the placenta probably 90% of the time. I don't really know why but I always just assumed it was an anti-body thing for their milk.

Extra Stout
04-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Does anybody notice how Tom Cruise starts acting weird every time one of his movies is getting close to premiere?

You might think his act is some kind of publicity stunt or something.

ObiwanGinobili
04-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Does anybody notice how Tom Cruise starts acting weird every time one of his movies is getting close to premiere?

You might think his act is some kind of publicity stunt or something.

oh it definatly is.
Tom & Katie were virtually no where to be seen most of oct, nov & dec.

but now MI 3 coming up in May.........

lebomb
04-18-2006, 08:32 AM
He is a fool and Scientology is for fools. I hope he chokes on the placenta and dies right on the spot. Now THAT would be cool.

midgetonadonkey
04-18-2006, 08:33 AM
I wonder if all celebrities are now going to eat placenta to promote their movies. If an actor or actress actually goes as far as eating the after birth, I will definitely go see their movie.

CosmicCowboy
04-18-2006, 08:48 AM
If he really does it "nature style" and starts at one end like a cow and gulps it down like a giant slimy oyster I will be really impressed...:lol

Hook Dem
04-18-2006, 09:04 AM
If he really does it "nature style" and starts at one end like a cow and gulps it down like a giant slimy oyster I will be really impressed...:lol
A little more horseraddish please! :lol

CosmicCowboy
04-18-2006, 09:09 AM
here are some recipes if you guys are interested...:lol

http://www.mothers35plus.co.uk/plac_rec.htm

Jekka
04-18-2006, 09:11 AM
A woman who has just gone through childbirth has a reason to eat the placenta, or at least part of it, because the hormones it contains help to taper blood flow after birth. Tom Cruise, on the other hand, has no reason to eat one.

ShoogarBear
04-18-2006, 09:25 AM
A woman who has just gone through childbirth has a reason to eat the placenta, or at least part of it, because the hormones it contains help to taper blood flow after birth. Tom Cruise, on the other hand, has no reason to eat one.

Except that it would be the first time he ate any part of a woman.

Melmart1
04-18-2006, 09:35 AM
I saw a documentary or something with a segment on this a few years back. It was in the UK somewhere, and they froze the placenta after the baby was born. Then, after a few days to let the mom recover, they fried it up and made a pate out of it. They served it with crackers and invited people over to eat with them. Most people seemed unphased and even complemented how it tasted.

There were a few who refused to try it, instead eating the other non-placenta food. The baby was the centerpiece of the celebration and it seemed like any other gathering I guess. I guess my mind still can't wrap itself around someone eating anything that came from my uterus, but to each their own.

SpursWoman
04-18-2006, 09:40 AM
I wish I would have known this 3 weekends ago when my cat miscarried a litter of kittens all over my patio. There was more than enough placenta to go around for a GTG at my house.

:fro :vomit:

Pistons < Spurs
04-18-2006, 09:43 AM
I saw a documentary or something with a segment on this a few years back. It was in the UK somewhere, and they froze the placenta after the baby was born. Then, after a few days to let the mom recover, they fried it up and made a pate out of it. They served it with crackers and invited people over to eat with them. Most people seemed unphased and even complemented how it tasted.

There were a few who refused to try it, instead eating the other non-placenta food. The baby was the centerpiece of the celebration and it seemed like any other gathering I guess. I guess my mind still can't wrap itself around someone eating anything that came from my uterus, but to each their own.

Yep, I remembering seeing the same show. I thought it was disgusting then, and I think it's disgusting now.

Spurminator
04-18-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm beginning to think he's just screwing with the Media.

midgetonadonkey
04-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Couldn't this be seen as a form of cannibalism?

Pistons < Spurs
04-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Couldn't this be seen as a form of cannibalism?

my exact thought aswell. How could it not?

Solid D
04-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Yeah right, Tom....

you'll eat it if the alien inside you doesn't beat you to it.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/1979_Alien/1979_alien_015.jpg

CosmicCowboy
04-18-2006, 10:02 AM
I wish I would have known this 3 weekends ago when my cat miscarried a litter of kittens all over my patio. There was more than enough placenta to go around for a GTG at my house.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

katyon6th
04-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Diane Sawyer interviewed him the other night and asked him about this eating placenta shit and he specifically said it was untrue.

Don't get all crazy people. Geez. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-18-2006, 10:40 AM
http://www.beggingtodiffer.com/archives/ketchup.jpg

leemajors
04-18-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm beginning to think he's just screwing with the Media.

he is batshit crazy, do not doubt that. the placenta is very very nutritious though, and every mammal eats it immediately after giving birth to replace the loss of nutrients the mother experiences after expelling the placenta, and it supposedly helps with port-partum depression. but there is no reason for the father to ingest it, and tom cruise and every scientologist alive are raging lunatics and worthy of the scorn heaped upon them.

boutons_
04-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Sure it's cannibalism. Eating (organs from) your own species.

TC is getting as nutty as Wacko Jacko.

TC has always impressed me a amazingly dumb in interviews, a dumbness that exceeds his smile, self-confidence, and charisma, and now he's gone nuts with the nutters from Scientology.

1Parker1
04-18-2006, 10:52 AM

Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Anyways, I'm ashamed that I was ever a Tom Cruise fan at one point. Even if this particular story isn't true, he's done a lot of other things this past year that warrants him being a little off. If he's doing it for "publicity" as someone else stated, well I don't understand why. He's Tom Cruise. He's an established actor known around the world already. He doesnt need this kind of publicity.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Well if he's not going to eat the placenta I can only assumes that means he's going to eat the child instead. Dude's insane.

ploto
04-18-2006, 11:19 AM
He acts like he went off his medication, whatever it was.

It disgusts me to hear some man act like an expert on childbirth, post-partum depression, etc... If God didn't want noise when a baby was born, he would have given us zippers.

Joe Rogan
04-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the link!

tlongII
04-18-2006, 11:59 AM
I don't care how weird he is, I will still go see MI3!

JoeChalupa
04-18-2006, 12:09 PM
I don't care how weird he is, I will still go see MI3!

I concur.

CosmicCowboy
04-18-2006, 12:22 PM
http://www.misconstruedthoughts.com/newblog/archives/w2iggua.jpg
mmmmm...I hear that placenta tastes like boogers!

atxrocker
04-18-2006, 12:44 PM
tom cruise is a goddamn nut job. all that fucking money really got to his head. what a shame.

ShoogarBear
04-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Cruise has always been a nut job. Look at his track record. It's just that he fired the publicist who had done an incredible job for years protecting him from himself, and replaced him/her(?) with his sister, who is another Scientologist fruitcake. That when we started to get to see Tom be Tom.

PM5K
04-18-2006, 12:54 PM

You know, I'll eat a lot of things that many people don't like, and I'll always try something once, but I have to draw the line at placentas....

CubanMustGo
04-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Cruise was only kidding

http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainment/story.html?id=345d4313-2e14-4d3b-a8de-317ea7616149&k=67596

The Web is buzzing with the shocking “news” that Tom Cruise plans to eat the placenta after his girlfriend Katie Holmes gives birth.

Cruise’s comment – a joke he made during an interview with GQ – is being taken out of context and reported as legitimate news. Some sites are going so far as to quote medical experts on the topic of placenta-eating.

Cruise, 43, told GQ: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there." When it was pointed out that it would be a big meal, Cruise replied: "OK, maybe I won't."

But most sites aren’t making note of the fact that Cruise was kidding.

“Tom Cruise is reportedly planning to eat the placenta and umbilical cord after fiancée Katie Holmes gives birth to their child,” reports mtv.uk.

iAfrica.com declares: “Tom Cruise is intending to eat Katie Holmes' placenta after his fiancée has given birth to their baby.”

“Hollywood actor and Scientologist Tom Cruise is planning to eat Katie Holmes' placenta,” reports Ireland’s rte.ie.

Britain’s itv.com says: "Sofa leaping father-to-be Tom Cruise has revealed his latest bizarre plan - to eat Katie Holmes' placenta.”

At least one online news source “gets” it. At the Info About News site, the placenta remark merits only a passing mention deep down in a story about Cruise.

“Oh, and he made a pretty nifty joke about eating the placenta,” reads the site. “Really, it was funny.”

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-18-2006, 01:13 PM
This should really be a wake up call to Tom Cruise about how nuts the world believes he is. If some other celebrity like Brad Pitt or the like had made that joke, and people took it out of context and printed it like he was serious, people would stop and wonder for a second about the validity of it. But if it gets reported that it's Tom Cruise people think it's fucked up but still entirely plausible that he would do it.

CubanMustGo
04-18-2006, 01:20 PM
TC, like most $cientologist$, doesn't have both his oars in the water. I mean, c'mon, following a "religion" created out of whole cloth by a sci-fi author?

Yeah, you can argue about just about any religion, but this one takes the cake.

SA210
04-18-2006, 01:23 PM
I still say he was robbed of the Oscar for Jerry Maguire.

Extra Stout
04-18-2006, 01:40 PM
TC, like most $cientologist$, doesn't have both his oars in the water. I mean, c'mon, following a "religion" created out of whole cloth by a sci-fi author?

Yeah, you can argue about just about any religion, but this one takes the cake.

1) Once a person is in Scientology, there's no getting out. Scientology collects sensitive information about its members for blackmail purposes. They also have means to litigate people into financial ruin. Failing either of those, they will resort to professional assassination to protect their inner workings.

If Tom Cruise left Scientology, they have the connections to end his career, bankrupt him, and destroy his reputation.

2) The celebrities bankroll Scientology. In order to advance to higher levels as an "Operating Thetan," members must go through expensive courses. The cost of the courses is relative to ability to pay. So, naturally, Scientology extorts its celebrity members.

So you can understand why Tom's a little wacky.

The only benefit for him is that non-celebrity members of Scientology end up as virtual slaves performing menial tasks for him and the other famous members.

So, basically, avoid that cult at all costs unless you want your life ruined.

Summers
04-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Cruise said his sex life with Batman Begins star Katie had made him realise one-night stands were "horrible".

He added: "Great sex is a by-product for me of a great relationship, where you have communication. It's an extension of that. If you're not in good communication with your partner, it sucks."

I think it's creepy how he's acting like a smitten 20-year-old instead of a middle-aged divorced man with 2 kids. It's like he's forgotten he was married to Nicole for 10 years.

Ocotillo
04-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Travolta, Kirstie Alley and L. Ron Hubbard all called Tom, they want you to take some time off. :lol

T Park
04-18-2006, 05:43 PM
This Scientology shit has gotten to be way too fuckin nuts....

spurs=bling
04-18-2006, 06:26 PM
that is nasty and they had a baby girl. the dude is fucking sick

valluco
04-18-2006, 07:08 PM

I remember seeing that! It was on one of HBO's "Real Sex" series.

danyel
04-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Interesting stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placentophagy

Most placental mammals participate in placentophagy, including, surprisingly, herbivorous ones.

The most general benefit of placentophagy, according to recent research, is that placenta and amniotic fluid contain a molecule (POEF, Placental Opioid-Enhancing Factor) that modifies the activity of endogenous opioids in such a way that produces an enhancement of the natural reduction in pain that occurs shortly before and during delivery

Human placentophagy

Although the placenta is revered in many cultures, very few customarily eat the placenta after the newborn's birth. Those who advocate placentophagy in humans, mostly in modern America and Europe believe that eating the placenta prevents postpartum depression and other pregnancy complications. Human placenta tastes very similar to beef, with a springy texture similar to the heart. A variety of recipes are known to exist for preparing placenta for eating

1Parker1
04-18-2006, 08:23 PM
that is nasty and they had a baby girl. the dude is fucking sick

They already had the baby?

HennyYoungman
04-18-2006, 08:27 PM
I think Tom may have just bitten off more than he could chew.

spurs=bling
04-18-2006, 08:40 PM
They already had the baby?
yep today. it was on yahoo news

JoeChalupa
04-18-2006, 08:41 PM
I like his movies. Is that wrong?

spurs=bling
04-18-2006, 08:42 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cruise_holmes_baby

1Parker1
04-18-2006, 08:44 PM
yep today. it was on yahoo news

Well that was quick. Wonder if she screamed...:lol

Trainwreck2100
04-18-2006, 08:46 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cruise_holmes_baby

that's gonna be one fucked up baby

spurs=bling
04-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Well that was quick. Wonder if she screamed...:lol
:lol prolly not..due to that fucker.

1Parker1
04-18-2006, 08:53 PM
BTW, What kind of name is Suri? I love how all these actors/actresses are trying to get all "Cultural" all of a sudden and name their kids exotic, weird names. Finneis? Apple?

Trainwreck2100
04-18-2006, 08:54 PM
I remember seeing that! It was on one of HBO's "Real Sex" series.

um no

In 1998, Channel 4 chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall fried a placenta with shallots and garlic and served it up to 20 guests, including the baby's mum and dad.

TV watchdogs later criticised the show, branding it "disagreeable".`

TheThinkingMan
04-18-2006, 09:27 PM
I think his movies are pretty good.

CharlieMac
04-18-2006, 09:42 PM
People jumping on the nutjob flavor of the month and laughing at him for a quote that was taken out of context, while claiming they knew he has been nuts for decades? Hogwash. What's next? Claiming to know the Spurs would not win the championship after one loss in the first round?

CharlieMac
04-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Oh, but seriously, MI3 is going to be great. Die Hard great.

Trainwreck2100
04-18-2006, 09:48 PM
People jumping on the nutjob flavor of the month and laughing at him for a quote that was taken out of context, while claiming they knew he has been nuts for decades? Hogwash. What's next? Claiming to know the Spurs would not win the championship after one loss in the first round?

That's gonna be one fucked up kid

Sonia_TX
04-18-2006, 09:54 PM
BTW, What kind of name is Suri? I love how all these actors/actresses are trying to get all "Cultural" all of a sudden and name their kids exotic, weird names. Finneis? Apple?

I read that the name Suri means Princess in Hebrew.

Trainwreck2100
04-18-2006, 09:56 PM
I read that the name Suri means Princess in Hebrew.

I hear it means "I'm gonna be one fucked up rich bitch" in Zotharian. The predominant scientology language.

Guru of Nothing
04-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Paging Mike Tyson ... Paging Mike Tyson.

Wait, nevermind, things could go terribly awry.

LuvBones
04-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Suri Cruise?

spurs=bling
04-18-2006, 10:21 PM
I hear it means "I'm gonna be one fucked up rich bitch" in Zotharian. The predominant scientology language.
:lol

AmericanPsycho
04-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Tom is no idiot.

ShoogarBear
04-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Irony of ironies: Brooke Shields also had a baby Tuesday.

Trainwreck2100
04-19-2006, 12:51 AM

I hope she goes on air and pops in her pills. And Katie Holmes goes crazy(er) due to lack of meds.

Melmart1
04-19-2006, 12:52 AM

Don't be glib, Shoogar :nope

ShoogarBear
04-19-2006, 12:56 AM
Don't be glib, Shoogar :nope
:huh

Surely a hipster lesbo like you is aware of the infamous Cruise-Shields contratemps?

Melmart1
04-19-2006, 01:00 AM
:huh

Surely a hipster lesbo like you is aware of the infamous Cruise-Shields contratemps?

Surely an old hip-replacementer like you knows of the infamous Cruise-Matt Lauer interview? :wtf

ShoogarBear
04-19-2006, 01:03 AM
Yeah, okay, we're on the same gossip page. Now, so how was I being glib? It is a remarkable coincidence, and ironic.

Melmart1
04-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Yeah, okay, we're on the same gossip page. Now, so how was I being glib? It is a remarkable coincidence, and ironic.

No, I agree. It is totally ironic. And if Katie is really hanging on by a thread like some suggest, she might be worse off than Brooke was. But I had to throw the glib thing in, I just wanted to be a smart ass.

Vashner
04-19-2006, 01:28 AM
Tastes like Tripas :)