PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed Spurs' road record?

Jimcs50
04-18-2006, 01:01 PM
This is the Spurs' best season on the road ever. They are 28-12 so far, best in the league, and should make it 29 wins tomorrow at Houston. Their previous best was 27-14. Maybe they do not need HCA in the Finals afterall.
:smokin

Marklar MM
04-18-2006, 01:03 PM
This is the Spurs' best season on the road ever. They are 28-12 so far, best in the league, and should make it 29 wins tomorrow at Houston. Their previous best was 27-14. Maybe they do not need HCA in the Finals afterall.
:smokin

Detroit is 37-3 at home. 38-3 or 37-4 depending on tomorrow's game.

Jimcs50
04-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Detroit is 37-3 at home. 38-3 or 37-4 depending on tomorrow's game.

Anyone can be successful at home. Hell, even Golden St has a winning record at home this year. :lol A real champion wins on the road.

picnroll
04-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Not that it means much or anything but subtracting out results of second games of back to backs what's the comparitive records of the Pistons and Spurs?

CubanMustGo
04-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Well, now that JIMCS50 has pointed out how well the Spurs play on the road, we all know what's going to happen. :pctoss :bang :cuss

polandprzem
04-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Yeah - why do Jinx has to talk abuot that kind of stuff :cuss

Talk about the Shorts the Jerseys the cheerleaders but not about the record and the teams chances....

Jimcs50
04-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Yeah - why do Jinx has to talk abuot that kind of stuff :cuss

Talk about the Shorts the Jerseys the cheerleaders but not about the record and the teams chances....

The Spurs will win it all this year, because of their prowess on the road. :smokin

BTW, I am not a jinx.

Since 1999, my NBA team has won 3 NBA championships, my MLB team, the Red Sox has won the World Series in 04, my Univ of Maryland team has won the men's bball championship in 02, and my women's team won the bball championship in 06.

How many of you have 6 major championhips in the last 6 years among your favorite teams?

Now, my Redskins are a whole different story, but I have high hopes this coming year. :)

Supergirl
04-18-2006, 01:55 PM
The Spurs will win it all this year, because of their prowess on the road. :smokin

BTW, I am not a jinx.

Since 1999, my NBA team has won 3 NBA championships, my MLB team, the Red Sox has won the World Series in 04, my Univ of Maryland team has won the men's bball championship in 02, and my women's team won the bball championship in 06.

How many of you have 6 major championhips in the last 6 years among your favorite teams?

Now, my Redskins are a whole different story, but I have high hopes this coming year. :)

Well, since 1999 my basketball team (Spurs) has won 3 NBA championships, my baseball team (Red Sox) has won 1, and my football team (Patriots) have won 3. So that makes 7 for me.

101A
04-18-2006, 02:04 PM
'Horns and Spurs fans (of which there are probably many on this board) are currently champs of THREE right now.

Jimcs50
04-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Well, since 1999 my basketball team (Spurs) has won 3 NBA championships, my baseball team (Red Sox) has won 1, and my football team (Patriots) have won 3. So that makes 7 for me.

Ok, you are not a jinx either. :)

Solid D
04-18-2006, 02:21 PM
...and Jim's Texas Longhorns football team won too. :)

Jimcs50
04-18-2006, 02:33 PM
...and Jim's Texas Longhorns football team won too. :)

True, I did win $500 on them. And I do love Vince Young and wish he were a Redskin next year.

nkdlunch
04-18-2006, 02:39 PM
I'd take Jimx over a flip flopper like Tpark anyday

boutons_
04-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Spurs absolutely must translate any season road success into winning at least on of the first 2 games @Auburn Hills, stealing back Finals HCA.

Pistons couldn't survive losing both first game @SBC last June, and Spurs won't survive dropping them both this June.

Melmart1
04-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Someone noticed last night, and initially nobody believed him :lol

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38668

x0xbillupsx0x
04-18-2006, 03:33 PM
pistons actually had a better road record till they clinched everything and rested their starter's!
an the fact spurs lost on the rd to pistons and at home is a huge concern!

polandprzem
04-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Even dog can find a bone on a desert (or something like that)

Darrin
04-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Anyone can be successful at home. Hell, even Golden St has a winning record at home this year. :lol A real champion wins on the road.

64-17 overall - set the franchise mark.
37-3 at home - one win away from breaking the franchise record.
27-14 on the road - set the franchise mark.

If you're doing the math at home, all of those records belonged to the 88-89 team. They won the franchise record in wins by winning more road games than the 1989 team.

Dawgs
04-18-2006, 03:56 PM

BTW, I am not a jinx.

Hmm I guess if you root for teams from all over the country this is not so difficult to pull off. Since 1984 teams I root for (all from michigan) have won a world series title, a college football national title, 3 stanley cups, a college basketball national title, 2 college hockey crowns, and 3 NBA titles. That makes 11 titles in 22 years. I didnt count michigan States crown because, even though I rooted for them in that game, I usually hate State. Also not included was the Michigan Panthers USFL title :lol .

Darrin
04-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Hmm I guess if you root for teams from all over the country this is not so difficult to pull off. Since 1984 teams I root for (all from michigan) have won a world series title, a college football national title, 3 stanley cups, a college basketball national title, 2 college hockey crowns, and 3 NBA titles. That makes 11 titles in 22 years. I didnt count michigan States crown because, even though I rooted for them in that game, I usually hate State. Also not included was the Michigan Panthers USFL title :lol .

2004: Detroit Pistons NBA Champions.
2003: Detroit Shock WNBA Champions.
2002: Detroit Red Wings NHL Champions.
2000: Michigan State Spartans NCAA Basketball Champions.
1998: University of Michigan NCAA Football Champions, Detroit Red Wings NHL Champions.
1997: Detoit Red Wings NHL Champions, Detroit Vipers IHL Champions.
1990: Detroit Pistons NBA Champions.
1989: University of Michigan NCAA Basketball Champions, Detroit Pistons NBA Champions.
1984: Detroit Tigers MLB World Series Champions.

Darrin
04-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Champions win on the road YES. But don't lose big games at home as well :rolleyes

Robert Horry's picture in 3...2....1.....

smeagol
04-18-2006, 04:15 PM
The village idiot is back!

What type of bait is Kevin using this year? :lmao :lmao

Buddy Holly
04-18-2006, 04:16 PM
64-17 overall - set the franchise mark.
37-3 at home - one win away from breaking the franchise record.
27-14 on the road - set the franchise mark.

If you're doing the math at home, all of those records belonged to the 88-89 team. They won the franchise record in wins by winning more road games than the 1989 team.

I'm guessing those Pistons teams never had to battle so many title contending opponents in the east like this years Pistons team did.

I mean, the Sixers? Bucks? Knicks? Raptors? Magic? Hawks? Pacers? Bobcats?

How ever did they manage so many wins? :lol

Kori Ellis
04-18-2006, 04:17 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

You Spursies think your brilliant road is a good sign you can win the title this year. Think again! what is your home record? :rolleyes

You Spursies had several home games to close out a series but failed miserably (
vs. Dallas in '03,vs. Det. Game 6 in 05,etc.)

Champions win on the road YES. But don't lose big games at home as well :rolleyes

Third best home record in the league. Best road record in the league.

What's your home record?

ShoogarBear
04-18-2006, 04:17 PM
The sign of the truly stupid is not knowing when to quit.

whottt
04-18-2006, 04:23 PM
My teams are the Longhorns, Cowboys, Rangers, Spurs and Stars.

Basically I like all the pro teams from Dallas and the Longhorns. My Dad was a Chaps fan back in the ABA days...so Spurs fandom is inherited from the original Dallas connection, plus I started following basketball before the Mavs existed.

The one exception was my hockey team which used to be the Blues and was switched to the Stars once Texas got a team. Normally I stick with my team even through a city jump...but the Blues suck ass and weren't from Texas. Being a Blues fan just wasn't worth the anguish since they were, not only losers, but out of state losers.

So in the last 20 years or so I've gotten everything I want from Sports except a Longhorns NCAA basketball Championship and a Texas Rangers World Series.

In my time as a sports fan my teams have won:
4 Superbowls - Cowboys
3 NBA Championships - Spurs
1 NHL Championship - Stars
3 NCAA Baseball Championships - Horns
1 NCAA Football Championship - Horns

I also root for Texas State since that is where I graduated from...but I was a Longhorn first and root for the Bobcats out of loyalty more than actual fandom.

Anyway...I have gotten to enjoy a lot of championships as a sports fan, pretty much have seen and experienced everything I wanted to experience...

But what sucks is that I am a baseball fan more than anything else and the absolute misery of being a Rangers Fan, by far the stupidest pro sports organization in history, has kept me from experiencing the championship I truly most want to see. Because the Rangers suck ass so incredibly bad, how fucking hard is it to figure out you need pitching to win? You'd think they'd have figured it out after 30 something years,[/end rant]...they've pretty much killed my baseball fandom and love of that game...not to mention some of the stupid things some of the few(very) great Rangers players have done recently...I find myself caring less and less about baseball with each passing day. Thanks Rangers...

2centsworth
04-18-2006, 04:28 PM

BTW, I am not a jinx.

Being an aggie should lose you at least 4 of those championships.

td4mvp3
04-18-2006, 04:37 PM
not to rain on any parades, but wasn't phoenix the best road team last year?

Melmart1
04-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Phx didn't have the types of injuries last year that the Spurs had this year. That is what makes it so impressive.

Melmart1
04-18-2006, 04:49 PM
My teams are the Longhorns, Cowboys, Rangers, Spurs and Stars.

Not to go off-topic, but... there are FOUR of us on this site?! WOOHOO! :)

Jimcs50
04-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Being an aggie should lose you at least 4 of those championships.

I am not an Aggie, I moved here to set up my practice and have adopted them as my other college team. That does not count, so therefore, I do not have to subtract any championships

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-18-2006, 04:50 PM
not to rain on any parades, but wasn't phoenix the best road team last year?

They had the best record in the west too...uh oh. :depressed

Darrin
04-18-2006, 04:51 PM
I think the true difference between the Suns winning 62 and the Spurs winning 62, no matter in what building, is experience. This Spurs team has faced every conceivable situation, and the guys that haven't take their cues from the rest who have. That's why experience is so important the deeper you get in the playoffs. It stabilizes the ups and downs from game-to-game.

TxJudsonRocketTx
04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Phx didn't have the types of injuries last year that the Spurs had this year. That is what makes it so impressive.

If you dont remember, that team was winning at a record pace until Amare went down, and they never got back to the level they were at at the beginning of the year. And for whoever it was trying to discredit the Pistons' record due to the fact they play in the East, why dont you take a look at our record against that conference this year?

td4mvp3
04-18-2006, 07:54 PM
i give you that. but the team with the best home record does much better than the team with the best road record when it comes to championships. i haven't seen anything to give any hope that the spurs pull it off this year. i haven't checked the stats but i'm fairly certain detroit has a better point-differential, better offensively, better home record, near identical road record. sux, i really wanted the spurs to finally repeat and get that monkey off their back (a monkey some would kill for, but a monkey nonetheless).

Darrin
04-18-2006, 07:57 PM
i give you that. but the team with the best home record does much better than the team with the best road record when it comes to championships. i haven't seen anything to give any hope that the spurs pull it off this year. i haven't checked the stats but i'm fairly certain detroit has a better point-differential, better offensively, better home record, near identical road record. sux, i really wanted the spurs to finally repeat and get that monkey off their back (a monkey some would kill for, but a monkey nonetheless).

I'd love the Spurs and Pistons to turn this into the rest of this decade into the 1980s:

1979-80: LA Lakers
1980-81: Boston Celtics
1981-82: LA Lakers
1982-83: Philadelphia 76ers
1983-84: Boston Celtics
1984-85: LA Lakers
1985-86: Boston Celtics
1986-87: LA Lakers
1987-88: LA Lakers
1988-89: Detroit Pistons

One time did a team re-peat, but they won 8 of the 10 championships in the 1980s. There wasn't a single NBA Finals without at least one of the two teams.

whottt
04-18-2006, 08:11 PM
I'd love the Spurs and Pistons to turn this into the rest of this decade into the 1980s:

Spurs yes, Pistons no. It's time the Pistons moved on...

Solid D
04-18-2006, 09:08 PM
There's always the Astros...whottt. They are good.

BTW, the Rangers are on Time Warner Cable channel 4 rt. now playing Seattle. :smokin

itzsoweezee
04-18-2006, 09:15 PM

now that you're off the bandwagon, don't jump back on in june, pussy.

Rynospursfan
04-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Not to go off-topic, but... there are FOUR of us on this site?! WOOHOO! :)

Not to go even further off topic but I thought for some reason you were a Red Sox Fan.

Melmart1
04-18-2006, 10:53 PM
Not to go even further off topic but I thought for some reason you were a Red Sox Fan.

Not to go further off-topic but the Red Sox are my second team. I have to have someone to cheer for in the playoffs, since the Rangers never seem fit to make the playoffs :depressed

Darrin
04-18-2006, 11:45 PM

Yeah, too bad they don't hand out Championships over regular season statistics. The games still have to be played.

cs100
04-19-2006, 01:20 AM
It's a good thing that the Spurs have the championship mentality and don't care where they have to play to win a the rings. They are too focused on the games and not the fans or hype.

Darrin
04-19-2006, 01:23 AM
Spurs yes, Pistons no. It's time the Pistons moved on...

Yeah, because those series against New Jersey and New York were oh, so much more compelling. :lol

T Park
04-19-2006, 01:27 AM
because those series against New Jersey and New York were oh, so much more compelling

Those had alot more exciting games than the snoozer of 04....

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2006, 01:33 AM
98/99-2010 tim duncan era <<< thats all it matters

SpursIndonesia
04-19-2006, 02:16 AM
That means we were not a real champion last year because of having home court advantage ? :depressed

1Parker1
04-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Great, this means that the Spurs road record in the playoffs is going downhill. Nice going, Jimbo. :)

Jimcs50
04-19-2006, 08:23 AM
Great, this means that the Spurs road record in the playoffs is going downhill. Nice going, Jimbo. :)

*Richard Nixon impersonation*

I am not a jinx!

polandprzem
04-19-2006, 08:40 AM
*Richard Nixon impersonation*

I am not a jinx!

Don't be mad.

If you want I can post your full name - Jinx50

td4mvp3
04-19-2006, 09:04 AM
now that you're off the bandwagon, don't jump back on in june, pussy.
just because i can assess my team's performance and point out some flaws doesn't mean i'm not a fan. are you seriously saying that it is perfectly all right to point out a good road record but not to point out the not-so-great areas of the spurs' game? i guess pointing out the flaws in the iraq invasion would make someone unpatriotic, too, huh? :rolleyes

td4mvp3
04-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah, too bad they don't hand out Championships over regular season statistics. The games still have to be played.
who said they did? but the original poster started this thread with this:

if we can imply a good post season based on reg. stats, we can do the opposite as well. but whatever.