PDA

View Full Version : NBA needs to do what MLB does--online

ManuTastic
04-18-2006, 03:35 PM
The MLB has a great deal if you have a computer and broadband connection: get ALL out-of-market games online for $80/yr.
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp

I would ABSOLUTELY do this in a heartbeat if the NBA did it. (Yeah, I know League Pass gives you online online games if you have League Pass, but in order to do that you have to have an expensive digital cable package too just so you can order League Pass. In my area that's about $75/mo plus $180 or whatever for League Pass.)

So, would you buy NBA games live online if the f--ing league would just sell access to them?

leemajors
04-18-2006, 04:14 PM
they already have an audio league pass, which is just fine - video streaming is still not all that unless you have the money to shell out for a fat internet pipe, but radio streams great. they already have free video highlights and you can buy the games individually on google video the day after if you really need to see it.

Spurologist
04-18-2006, 04:39 PM
they already have an audio league pass, which is just fine - video streaming is still not all that unless you have the money to shell out for a fat internet pipe, but radio streams great. they already have free video highlights and you can buy the games individually on google video the day after if you really need to see it.

:tu info. What is this 'fat internet pipe', how much does it cost, and where can I get one.

ChumpDumper
04-18-2006, 05:45 PM
fat internet pipeNow you've done it - Sequ's going to start another complaint thread.

StylisticS
04-18-2006, 05:50 PM
The MLB has a great deal if you have a computer and broadband connection: get ALL out-of-market games online for $80/yr.
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp

I would ABSOLUTELY do this in a heartbeat if the NBA did it. (Yeah, I know League Pass gives you online online games if you have League Pass, but in order to do that you have to have an expensive digital cable package too just so you can order League Pass. In my area that's about $75/mo plus $180 or whatever for League Pass.)

So, would you buy NBA games live online if the f--ing league would just sell access to them?

Wait a minute. So if you have league pass on TV, would you have it online as well?

ManuTastic
04-19-2006, 07:39 AM
Wait a minute. So if you have league pass on TV, would you have it online as well?

Correct. If you subscribe to League Pass, you automatically get the games online for free. Check this out: http://www.nba.com/broadband/league_pass.jsp

Also, what was said above about radio and google video is true, but irrelevant to me. I do have a fat internet pipe, and I want to use it to get video on demand of games without having to pay for an expensive cable package to get it.

Radio doesn't cut it for me. I want video. And I don't want to buy the game the day after from google video. I want it real-time.

This is what the MLB does. Real-time, on-demand games. I just want the NBA to do the same.

Actually I predict they will soon, since the whole tv/video marketplace is in the process of being re-built to face the realities of video on demand (e.g., tv shows on iTunes, free day-after airings of many shows on ABC, the aforementioned google video, etc.). I just wants it NOW!!! :smokin

StylisticS
04-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Oh Wow. I did not know that. Everytime my tv went out for storms, I could have listened online. :depressed

alamo50
04-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I am surprised that the NBA ain't thinking global with those internet games the MLB offers.
I know you guys in the US got NBA TV, but I can't get that over here.

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2006, 05:50 PM
i wonder if sth korea get live stream games online, since they got 100mb connection and thats standard speed to them.....

boutons_
04-19-2006, 06:34 PM
From watching the Spurs on my San Antonio SlingBox while I'm travelling around USA, one needs at least 500 KBits/sec download speed to stream video.

Cable Internet can do this, and all but the lowest speeds of DSL can do it.

I tried SlingBoxing on 56KBit/sec dial-up modem in Jamaica, but the video was useless.

ManuTastic
04-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Oh Wow. I did not know that. Everytime my tv went out for storms, I could have listened online. :depressed

Actually, you could have watched online.