PDA

View Full Version : Commercials watching Spurs games

Solid D
04-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Commercials get played and replayed and played again during Spurs TV broadcasts.

Which ones get on your nerves and make you want to "Mute" it?

Which ones are classics?

Old school or new commercials are allowed here:

pache100
04-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Commercials get played and replayed and played again during Spurs TV broadcasts.

Which ones get on your nerves and make you want to "Mute" it?

Which ones are classics?

Old school or new commercials are allowed here:

I really miss the trophy commercials from the past couple of years. Why haven't there been any of those? Is it too early yet? I thought they started about this time last year, I remember one or two guys in the commercials when they started that didn't even make the playoffs.

I guess my favorite of these was the one with Tony and Manu. They were all excellent, though, even the one with Payton.

Kori Ellis
04-18-2006, 03:55 PM
I hate Manu's Hallmark Commercials.

And I'm also not fond of that one HEBuddy commercial with Bruce where the cartoon drawing of Bruce is white.

timvp
04-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Auto Zone commercial are always accidentally funny.

"Dis car iz my baby"

FromWayDowntown
04-18-2006, 04:29 PM
I still think the best commercials I ever saw during Spurs games were the spots that KMOL (now WOAI) ran during the 1999 playoffs -- the postcards to the opponents that interspersed video with a few words on a black screen.

The one that sticks with me is one that ran during the 1999 Finals; it flashed video of the Knicks and said something like "Welcome to San Antonio. It's a very clean city. We sweep . . . regularly." Another, which came after Game 1 or Game 2 of those Finals, was video of Knicks players with their hands on their knees and dejected looks on their faces with text saying something like: "Rough day? Don't worry man. It will be over soon." There were others, but those were just great.

Das Texan
04-18-2006, 04:34 PM
I miss the Mr Robinson's neighborhood commercials.

sanman53
04-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Classic:

Drob and timmy doing the shaving cream commercials! GOOD, no GREAT STUFF!!! Remember Big Dave spinning the shaving cream bottle on his finger? Total greatness!

TMTTRIO
04-18-2006, 04:42 PM
I like the H-E-B commercial when the kids ask Tim if he eats people and he says "only if they're wearing the wrong uniform." and they all scream.

I also like the Tim and Manu commercials for Gunn especially the one about the pom poms. And who could forget the Tony and Manu one from last playoffs.

Solid D
04-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Just a bit annoying lately is....
"I'll have a Whataburger with cheese...a Whataburger with cheese please...Whataburger with cheese...can I get a Whataburger with cheese please?"

<MUTE>

ploto
04-18-2006, 04:49 PM
I also like Tim and Manu for Gunn- with the beater sticks and the pom-poms discussion. Cute.

Solid D
04-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Old school....and I'm talking very old (don't ask me why I thought of this).

Limousine driver holding sign at airport: (sign reads "Galaciewitz")

Finely-featured man approaches (finely-featured = weasel) and reads sign aloud: "Gal - a - week' - itz"

Driver: "Are you Dr. Galaciewitz?"

Weasel: "Yessss, I Ammmm!"

(Inside limousine, weasel playing with the electric window up and down)
Driver: "First time in a limo......Doctor?"

Weasel: "One this small"

I forget who the sponsor was :lol

Melmart1
04-18-2006, 04:56 PM
I used to absolutely get annoyed with the Malik pain clinic ones. Bah!

I havent seen any lately but the HEB creamy creations ice cream one with Pop- oy! Pop needs some acting lessons.

jman3000
04-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Not commercial related, and maybe I'm the only one who misses them, but the intro to the Spurs games where the Spurs players were giants and Sean would be in the boots from North Star mall and David would finally dunk the ball over the Tower of Americas or something to that affect.

Leetonidas
04-18-2006, 06:20 PM
My favorite was when Tim was talking to Dr. J I believe (I forget who it was) and he does that "I'm not listening la la la la la" :lol

Summers
04-18-2006, 07:37 PM
"Ta-co... Ca-ba-na!"

I loved the dating the trophy commercials. Cooking with Tim was good stuff. I know it's blasphemy for me to say it in this forum, but I actually hate the world car commercials. i call them the "look at my tits" commercials.

ShoogarBear
04-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Old school....and I'm talking very old (don't ask me why I thought of this).

Limousine driver holding sign at airport: (sign reads "Galaciewitz")

Finely-featured man approaches (finely-featured = weasel) and reads sign aloud: "Gal - a - week' - itz"

Driver: "Are you Dr. Galaciewitz?"

Weasel: "Yessss, I Ammmm!"

(Inside limousine, weasel playing with the electric window up and down)
Driver: "First time in a limo......Doctor?"

Weasel: "One this small"

I forget who the sponsor was :lol
Budweiser.

Darrin
04-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Mister Robinson: "Today I would like to tell you a little about my house. My house is 19 feet long and 16 feet wide. It has painted hardwood floors, high ceilings, and a basketball rim at one end. And only my teammates are welcome inside."

Nike (1993).

tw05baller
04-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Just a bit annoying lately is....
"I'll have a Whataburger with cheese...a Whataburger with cheese please...Whataburger with cheese...can I get a Whataburger with cheese please?"

<MUTE>
you beat me to it.

UGH I HATE THAT ONE!

Trainwreck2100
04-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Pretty much any truck commercial sucks

spurs=bling
04-18-2006, 09:15 PM
i like the new Spurs playoff one. " The Passion" " The Playoffs"

and the whataburger is stupid..i hate it.

gospursgojas
04-18-2006, 09:41 PM
I hate the Save during "Truck Month" commercials..... that play every month all year 'round

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-18-2006, 09:45 PM
i like the new Spurs playoff one. " The Passion" " The Playoffs"

Those are the worst...

Just kidding, spurschick.

spurster
04-18-2006, 09:50 PM
There was the Pizza Hut commercial where DRob shows Rodman how to be crazy ...

... by eating his pizza backwards.

The look on Rodman's face was priceless.

SpursWoman
04-18-2006, 10:24 PM
I still think the best commercials I ever saw during Spurs games were the spots that KMOL (now WOAI) ran during the 1999 playoffs -- the postcards to the opponents that interspersed video with a few words on a black screen.

The one that sticks with me is one that ran during the 1999 Finals; it flashed video of the Knicks and said something like "Welcome to San Antonio. It's a very clean city. We sweep . . . regularly." Another, which came after Game 1 or Game 2 of those Finals, was video of Knicks players with their hands on their knees and dejected looks on their faces with text saying something like: "Rough day? Don't worry man. It will be over soon." There were others, but those were just great.

The memos. :)

After it was all over, KMOL set a specific time and ran them all together. I taped them ... but I lost the tape. :(

FromWayDowntown
04-18-2006, 10:35 PM
The memos. :)

After it was all over, KMOL set a specific time and ran them all together. I taped them ... but I lost the tape. :(

My bad -- memos. :oops

They were still great. I probably have most of them on the tapes that I have of the 1999 WCF and Finals and the championship celebration. Might be worth going back for another, committed look.

Leetonidas
04-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Just kidding, spurschick.

:wtf

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2006, 01:26 AM
i hate the car ads, and the sonic burger ads.

sprrs
04-19-2006, 01:35 AM
One of the very first ones after Timmy was drafted and Dave was welcoming him into his home.

"The roses are out Tim not the dasies." :spin

And Tim walking into Dave's house with a teddy bear was classic. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-19-2006, 03:34 AM
:wtf

I'll leave it to her if she wants to out the inside info.

cs100
04-19-2006, 03:54 AM
I'm getting sick of the NBA Cares commercials.

I love the "magic fridge" commercials.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-19-2006, 04:21 AM
I'm getting sick of the NBA Cares commercials.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0007XT4RK.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Now you're going to make Rob cry. This is how his heart breaks.

travis2
04-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Budweiser.

Thought it was Bud Light...:wtf

spurschick
04-19-2006, 07:17 AM
i like the new Spurs playoff one. " The Passion" " The Playoffs".

:elephant

spurofthemoment
04-19-2006, 07:19 AM
My favorite was when Tim was talking to Dr. J I believe (I forget who it was) and he does that "I'm not listening la la la la la" :lol
that one was awesome

spurofthemoment
04-19-2006, 07:27 AM
i hate the car ads, and the sonic burger ads.
GEICO commercials my fav is the one where the rep from Geico replies that he didnt know caveman still existed(they are at a fancy restuarant) and the waiter asks are you ready to order and 1 of the caveman says Ill have the roast duck with the mango salsa and the waiter looks at the other caveman and says for you sir he says I dont have much of an appetite thank you (while looking at the Geico rep) or the Burger King commercials with the pillow fight

rwb
04-19-2006, 08:00 AM
I hated the old Diamond Shamrock ads that had an annoying, "Zip Zip Zip" jingle with people eating and drinking various items. I did find it amusing that the ad people, in their attempt at inclusivity, had just one Hispanic- looking person and he was getting beer. :rolleyes

SpursWoman
04-19-2006, 08:11 AM
...and all the white people were getting junk food.

Melmart1
04-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Awwww, I like all those Sonic commercials. They are so stupid you have to laugh.