PDA

View Full Version : -TOOL is back-

Cant_Be_Faded
04-18-2006, 05:53 PM
TOOL is back with a vengance. Their new single, Vicarious, fucking rules, and just to think, theres a 99% possibility that its the worst song on the album.

What really sucks ass the world over, is that they are only scheduled to play small venues here in the U.S. before they go out of the states.

They're gonna play here in Dallas, but the venue only seats about 2200 people. The chances of getting tickets for this are slimmer than Chauncy Billups shooting a three over Bruce Bowen.

Anyone here who gets an extra ticket, let me know, and if I manage to buy an extra one, I will share that info to the board as well.

mookie2001
04-18-2006, 05:54 PM
i never really liked tool

Cant_Be_Faded
04-18-2006, 05:56 PM
What talent do the band members of TOOL have compared to Eminem? They both make their own music and write their own lyrics...

valluco
04-18-2006, 05:59 PM
TOOL is an excelent band. Where in Dallas are they going to be at? Deep Ellum?

ZStomp
04-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Tool fucken rocks!!!

valluco
04-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Choices always were a problem for you.
What you need is someone strong to guide you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
what you need is someone strong to guide you..
like me, like me, like me, like me

mookie2001
04-18-2006, 06:04 PM
hello???????/

do any of the members of tool EVEN HAVE daughters?

oh im tool, my childhood was perfect and I've never been divorced!

timvp
04-18-2006, 06:06 PM
I thought this thread was about elpimpo

mookie2001
04-18-2006, 06:10 PM
elpimpo is a big chode though

he once fell asleep at a GTG
he loves to talk to peoples moms for like 40 minutes, tell you the story theyre reporting on the tv or the radio, while youre trying to listen to it

but at least he doesnt live in dallas

Cant_Be_Faded
04-18-2006, 06:11 PM
dallas still owns victoria

is TOOL playing in victoria? Didn't think so

can you get 5 star sushi in victoria? Unless by 5 star sushi you mean 3 star enchiladas, then no.

Sense
04-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Bone Thugs N Harmony are back and I'm not making a thread about it!

Cant_Be_Faded
04-18-2006, 06:13 PM
I guess I forgot that every spurstalker hates TOOL and rather would discuss Eminem for 7 pages per thread.

chode_regulator
04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
dallas still owns victoria

is TOOL playing in victoria? Didn't think so

can you get 5 star sushi in victoria? Unless by 5 star sushi you mean 3 star enchiladas, then no.
funny bc i never thought youd sell out and start eating "5 star sushi" over your native food of "3 star enhicladas"

I guess I forgot that every spurstalker hates TOOL and rather would discuss Eminem for 7 pages per thread.
how true this is. look at sense trying to make a connection between bone and tool. what does he mean bone is back, implying taht tool went somewhere?

and el pimpo is a chode. he cna fall asleep anywhere. but at least he doesnt live indallas

atxrocker
04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
TOOL rules!

Cant_Be_Faded
04-18-2006, 06:31 PM
I love sushi rolls now, not real raw cold sushi, but the rolls. 5* Sushi Rolls own 3* Enchiladas any fucking day of the week.

Pandaemonaeon
04-18-2006, 06:33 PM
What talent do the band members of TOOL have compared to Eminem? They both make their own music and write their own lyrics...

I like Tool... but do you really have to act like the stereotypical pompous Tool fan that continues to give the band a bad name? Don't get me wrong: I hate rap (and Eminem) as much as you do, but putting down people that listen to an artist that doesn't have complex song structures, lyrics about "swimming in a cacophonous vortex of apathy", and tasty drum fills is just a sad, shallow way of looking at music.

mookie2001
04-18-2006, 06:33 PM
where do get these fictional 3 star enchiladas?
mrs pegos house?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-18-2006, 06:34 PM
I like Tool... but do you really have to act like the stereotypical pompous Tool fan that continues to give the band a bad name? Don't get me wrong: I hate rap (and Eminem) as much as you do, but putting down people that listen to an artist that doesn't have complex song structures, lyrics about "swimming in a cacophonous vortex of apathy", and tasty drum fills is just a sad, shallow way of looking at music.

huh

Cant_Be_Faded
04-18-2006, 06:35 PM
where do get these fictional 3 star enchiladas?
mrs pegos house?

Well, if you consider that Curras and Baby A's in Austin have enchildas that blow Siesta and Taqueria Enchiladas off the map, then you have to consider them 3 stars at best.

Trooper 2112
04-18-2006, 08:04 PM
only dallas?!?!?!? :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

TOP-CHERRY
04-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Damn, this thread is funny.

I think I love you.

Pandaemonaeon
04-19-2006, 02:29 AM
I downloaded the leaked album. Pretty cool. I expected them to come up with a new sound like they always do with each album but based on Vicarious and Jambi, they've only made a minor progression from Lateralus. Not like that's a bad thing because these are still great songs.

jman3000
04-19-2006, 11:36 AM
This is a friend of mines review of the album:

As we speak, I'm getting the new TooL album.

Be prepared to read a full summary, once I listen to it completely.
aka, this post will be edited in a bit.

(9:05pm)Edit:

THIS ALBUM FUCKING BLOWS.
SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT.

Wow, I am very disappointed. I was expecting something heavy and cool.. after hearing the single "Vicarious". Even tho, that song wasn't all that great. "Vicarious" is good.. but its more like recycled TooL songs. Its the child of "Schism" and "The Patient". Most of the tracks on this album, are really quiet.. mellow and boring. Its like Sun O))) but MUCH shittier. There are like.. maybe four heavy tracks, counting "Vicarious", and they aren't that good either. The rest is boring ambiance and slow crap. The heavy songs.. just have moments where they are good.. otherwise, its lame.

TooL have officially released an utter piece of shit.
And they're charging $60+ for tickets to their upcoming tour.
Not to mention $45-50 just for shirts.

Metallica, anyone?

Me-Tool-lica, more like it.

leemajors
04-19-2006, 01:28 PM
tool's videos were always much better than their songs.

mookie2001
04-19-2006, 01:29 PM
tool's videos were always much better than their songs.like eminem

leemajors
04-19-2006, 02:35 PM
except no one eminem knows used to work at ILM

chode_regulator
04-19-2006, 03:57 PM
shutup and go put back in your eminem cd

mookie2001
04-19-2006, 05:11 PM
he means just because tool doesnt sing about their ex-wifes, daughters, and mothers doesnt mean theyre better

Cant_Be_Faded
04-19-2006, 07:05 PM
I downloaded the leaked album. Pretty cool. I expected them to come up with a new sound like they always do with each album but based on Vicarious and Jambi, they've only made a minor progression from Lateralus. Not like that's a bad thing because these are still great songs.

Yeah Vicarious does not sound too far from Lateralus, but it doesn't suck at all. The radio is the radio, so you'd have to listen closely, but Danny has some drumming in that song that's quite ridiculoso (naturally). Also, Maynard's voice is in TOOL mode instead of APC mode, so thats good.

Also, the song shifts up and changes its timing for each beat, kinda like in the song Lateralis. I love shit like that.
I'm not down with downloading leaked shit from bands I like, so I'll just wait till the album comes out in a couple weeks.

IT'S GONBE BADD

mookie2001
04-19-2006, 07:08 PM
IT'S GONBE BADD
uneducated
you say that about every tool album

Cant_Be_Faded
04-19-2006, 08:25 PM
uneducated
you say that about every tool album

"ahh, I never really liked tool"

"ahh, I never really liked nin"

--Chode Regulator

MannyIsGod
04-20-2006, 12:05 AM
This album kicks ass. I'm listening to it right now. I loved their last album and this one picks right up where the last one left off.

MannyIsGod
04-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Holy shit, The Pot has an insane drumline/baseline to start off.

SequSpur
04-20-2006, 12:07 AM
is this cd on sale or what?

JoeChalupa
04-20-2006, 12:12 AM
i never really liked tool

Me either.

DieMrBond
04-20-2006, 03:14 AM
Can't wait till this album comes out ... i might even be a good man, and buy it!

(Actually, i would buy all Tool albums... isnt that hypocritical?)

blackbucket
04-20-2006, 05:58 PM
I am a huge Tool fan. Thus the avatar.

I am jacked about a new album. Tool makes us wait far too long for new albums!!

mookie2001
04-20-2006, 06:54 PM
oh hyeah
i was just joking

in like 1999 cbf used to scoff me for liking tool
then he ran home and read their biographies and downloaded all their music

Medvedenko
04-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Tool is the shit...just tried getting tickets for T Dot show and it sold out in mere seconds...fuck me....oh well there is always EBAY and scalpers....

DarkReign
04-21-2006, 12:34 PM
<-- check the avatar. MJK

Tool is God.

Just heard Vicarious for the first time today. A little unimpressed at first, but it definately delivered.

Oh yeah, if you want to support the bands you like, buy the fucking albums!

This message brought to you by Lars Ulrich

fraga
04-21-2006, 02:37 PM
EXACTLY...

chode_regulator
04-21-2006, 07:44 PM
oh hyeah
i was just joking

in like 1999 cbf used to scoff me for liking tool
then he ran home and read their biographies and downloaded all their music
ralijfliejriajsefkaoiejriaejfiajwefijaeifawerrofl

and

"ahh, I never really liked tool"

"ahh, I never really liked nin"

--Chode Regulator
i dont like nin

Cant_Be_Faded
05-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Theyre sellin the album tonight at midnight...the packaging is fuckin tight...theres a built-in stereoscope and all kinds of crazy adam jonesesque 3d pictures to look at.

I wanna get it tonight but if I get it, I'll want to listen to the whole thing, and that means I'll be tired as a mofo for work....argh..

JoeChalupa
05-01-2006, 07:35 PM
I am officially "old" and can no longer be considered a rock music buff since I couldn't tell you if I've ever heard a Tool song or not but reading these posts takes me back to the days when I was into all the new rock music that I could get my ears on..and that's a lot!

DarkReign
05-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Today sucks, except for Tool.

Spurminator
05-02-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm picking this disc up at lunch, along with the new Pearl Jam.

It's Nineties Nostalgia Day for Spurminator... Tool, Pearl Jam, buying CDs instead of downloading them... good times.

blackbucket
05-02-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm picking this disc up at lunch, along with the new Pearl Jam.

It's Nineties Nostalgia Day for Spurminator... Tool, Pearl Jam, buying CDs instead of downloading them... good times.

:lol Exactly what I did. I only buy PJ and Tool albums (for the artwork) and download everything else.

blackbucket
05-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Holy shit! The Pot is phenomenal. Musically and vocally. This is only the second song I have heard so far. Even a music novice like myself can appreciate the mastery these guys have over their instruments and how their unorthodox song structures come together and fit perfectly. It doesn't hurt that Maynard has the best fucking voice and vocal ability in rock.

Do yourselves a favor and put on a high quality pair of headphones and listen to this new album (or their previous 3 albums) "front to back".

Amazing

scott
05-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Does it suck as much at the last album?

Cant_Be_Faded
05-02-2006, 05:44 PM
I got it last night and listened to it once all the way through, and listened to it some more on the way home today. Pretty chilled out compared to other albums, but there are some heavy parts here and there.

I like it, and like most tool albums it'll only get better the more you listen to it.

I also picked up the new Ministry album Rio Grande Blood....i'm listenin to this bad boy right now instead of 10,000 Days. It's so heavy...fuckin BAD

Spurminator
05-02-2006, 05:49 PM
It is pretty mellow... Kind of boring on the first listen, actually. "The Pot" is great, but there aren't any "Wow" moments on the first listen... I remember having that reaction the first time I heard songs like "Eulogy," "AEnima" and "The Grudge," but nothing like that on this album.

ZStomp
05-02-2006, 05:50 PM
I "found" the new Tool album online and have been jamming out to it for over a week.

Great stuff!!

Along with the new Godsmack album!! :tu

Gonna go buy the Tool album today, :)

Cant_Be_Faded
05-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Spurminator, i kinda agree, but it grows on you quick.

I like that short track Lost Keys, also Right in Two is tight. It sounds like a chilled out jam album kinda...

Cant_Be_Faded
05-03-2006, 12:29 AM
This album owns you I SAIDDDDD

DarkReign
05-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Damn work, getting the way of everything in my life!

Getting it today, worked real late last night.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Got no time for livin, yeah, I'm workin all tha time.

Seems to me, I could live my life...alot better than I think I am...
I guess that's why they call me

They call me the Workin Man.

scott
05-03-2006, 05:53 PM
I went to go waste $10 bucks on this thing today, and Best Buy was sold out... WTF?

DarkReign
05-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Got no time for livin, yeah, I'm workin all tha time.

Seems to me, I could live my life...alot better than I think I am...
I guess that's why they call me

They call me the Workin Man.

Rush

--------------

This ones easy...

When I first met you, didn't realize
I can't forget you, for your suprize
You introduced me, to my mind
And left me wanting, you and your kind

scott
05-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Now Tool is just out to frustrate me... 2 trips to 2 stores, 2 stores with no Tool CDs.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-04-2006, 06:13 PM
That blows yo.

Spurminator
05-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Scott, unless you just really want the packaging (which is friggin cool) I would give it a download listen first... If you didn't like Parabola, I don't think you're going to like the new one at all.

I could be wrong though.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Yeah that's true, this album sounds mostly mellow and jam-like like those mellow ones at the end of Lateralus.

I cannot fucking wait for this concert....I heard the auditorium is so small, if you're in the back of the balcony you can still make out faces on the stage.

Spurminator
05-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Did you get tickets?

I had a friend who tried to get them and he said they sold out in the first 30 minutes.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Dude, they sold out in the first 10 seconds

mookie2001
05-04-2006, 06:59 PM
thats nothing compared to game 6 of the 03 finals

Cant_Be_Faded
05-04-2006, 07:15 PM
hahaha ironically i was talking about that earlier today

mookie2001
05-04-2006, 07:30 PM
they sold oud in fractions of fractions of the same second

scott
05-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Scott, unless you just really want the packaging (which is friggin cool) I would give it a download listen first... If you didn't like Parabola, I don't think you're going to like the new one at all.

I could be wrong though.

My boss offered to let me burn his copy... but I think I'll buy it just to have a complete collection of Tool CDs. Undertow and Aenima still rock my ass, even if Lateralus didn't.

I managed to get a rain check from Target, so I can pick it up for bucks anytime between now and mid June.